What is likely the worst car ever made...

That answer is simply too easy. The Trabant and the Yugo should be excluded from consideration.

Let's focus on "American" cars, built since 1950. I nominate the Chevy Vega. WIth an exterior made of compressed rust, and a self-destructive aluminum block engine, it has few real competitors in a competition of awfulness.

That answer is simply too easy. The Trabant and the Yugo should be excluded from consideration.

Let's focus on "American" cars, built since 1950. I nominate the Chevy Vega. WIth an exterior made of compressed rust, and a self-destructive aluminum block engine, it has few real competitors in a competition of awfulness.
The Gremlin is about the worst i have ever seen.

I had a 1971 Ford Pinto.

The ony thing it excelled at was the demolition derby at the county fair.

It just bounced off everything that hit it.

If it would have stayed running, it would have won. Almost made it to the end.
I learned to drive in a '71 Pinto. You forgot to mention the bad habit they had of becoming a fireball in a rear-end collision.

I visited Yaroslavl, Russia once and had a ride in a LADA. It reminded me of something you'd see at a demolition derby.

About 1973 Volkswagen made an atrocity called a "super beetle". Got one for my 19th birthday. That car handled so badly, especially on wet roads, it was almost like it was trying to kill me. It had an electric clutch. There's a good reason you probably never heard of such a thing.

I had a 94 Ford Explorer to tow my boat. Every major component of that vehicle had to be replaced
I could not get rid of it fast enough, The Exploder Biggest POS I have ever owned and I owned a 73 Vega

For aesthetics, it's tough to beat the Gremlin. My friends mom drove an orange one with a black stripe down the side. I've also seen a puke green one with the same classic stripe.
Gremlin.jpeg

...was made by communists.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the Trabant...

The Trabant Was an Awful Car Made by Communists

I've heard someone once say, history doesn't repeat, but it certainly has an echo.

Now, the Kandi K27 might be better built, and have all the modern amenities. . . and the corporate media cabel may gush over it. . . but?

From what I have heard? Any car with only a range of 30mi, whose top speed is only 60mi, and when you do that top speed, you compromise the range, that K27 definitely, for my money, deserves a mention on this thread. I don't think I have ever seen one on the expressway.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone, would purchase one.

Unless? Maybe they live in the suburbs of a metropolis with charging stations all over the place, and want a second or third car just for running errands, and a person got in on that special introductory price?

:dunno:

The Yugo was worse than the Trabant, for the reason that it was designed much later and had the advantages of advanced machine tooling and technologies, yet managed to be a total piece of shit anyway. I think they might still make them, don't know.

I owned a 1972 Super Beetle, and it was a great car. Souped it up with some Porsche add-ons and it could beat Vettes for a good ways off the line.

The traffic school in my H.S. had a couple of Plymouth Fury IIIs that were always in the shop. Every other car was operational.

R.d83cdc5be5fd0e7b271029b32708d3ef.jpg

Forum List

Back