What is the average IQ of a Bernie supporter?

I can remember being scared to death of debt until I was well established. I wish I could say I was sorry for some of these kids but the wishful thinking fairy must have been extra generous to some of them.
How about software engineers who graduated in the late 1990s?

Everyone was saying how big the demand would be for them, then *POOF* the dot com bubble busted and companies were allowed to keep their H1-Bs and fire Americans instead. That is what happened to me, I had five years with about 3 years of seniority at a major Beltway contracting company, but fortunately for me, I avoided accumulating student debt like the plague. I graduated after decades of night course with about $20k in student loans, and we paid it all off around 2012, but most did have huge debt. I was taking night courses while holding down a full time day job. And they still have huge school debt and the laws were changed so that they could not get out from under it with a bankruptcy.

These young adults are simply fucked as we still import over 65k H1-Bs each year and these guys have a hard time find work still and the H1-Bs make it much more difficult.

I am not blaming the H1-Bs themselves but the government that lets the program get abused and Congress for not taking remedial action. Instead they carp at trump about his correctly accusing a judge of racial bias who is a member of a la Raza movement group.

The fact is that our nations leadership is selling our kids future and we are stupid, corrupt, cowardly and lazy for not fighting for their future so they can have some prosperity as well.

Sorry, but Trump supporters are just as delusional as those Obamatons in 08 screaming how they will now get free rent and cars. The man has zero respect for the Constitution and anyone not wiping his ass.
Well I would ask yo to prove that, but I dont have the time to waste. IF you think that then you are a Master of your Own Little nutshell.

There is not one damned thing racist about wanting an impartial judge who is not a member of a la Raza movement association. Only brain washed idjits think that there is anything wrong with that.
See? Out of the blue you drag racism into the discussion. Like I said, Trumpsters are just like Obamatons. Not being mean, just pointing out the obvious.

Tell me, as a Trump supporter, what outside of growing his empire has he done for society? Honestly, things may exist and I'm not aware.
Over the decades how many people has Trump employed? Thousands! From chambermaids to CEO's in his 500+ companies? Don't you believe providing decent jobs for thousands of employees hasn't been a benefit to our society?
How many jobs has Hillary created? Maybe her 'Mao' pant suit maker.
You don't think "growing an empire" is adequate?
Trump has donated multi millions of dollars to help people around the world.
The fucking Clinton foundation spends over 90% on (cough) administration expenses.
How the Clintons went from being dead broke when they left the White house, stolen furniture in tow to being multi millionaires remains a mystery.
Maybe the FBI can help us understand why.
BTW. Had Hillary the same record of employing thousands of people over decades YOU would be crowing her praises from the rooftops.
The ONLY people Hillary employed were the people who cleaned up the ambassador's body and the Special Forces who died in Benghazi.

Last edited:
College doesn't have to cost a fortune. I was lucky enough to live at home but I paid for tuition, books, fees and most living expenses and worked part time. I graduated engineering school with only $1K of credit card debt and no student loans. Times have changed somewhat and I'm sure I'd have more debt than that now but nothing like some students. I really would like to know how someone piles up $100K.
Simply note that when the elite discuss solutions for the high cost of education, the only solution ever raised is more government handouts. Never the Director of Lesbian Diversity making 6 figures.
A staff member was up in arms because dance instructors were making so little when I was attending. I don't think most instructors in arts and such are exactly making bank.
No one outside of politicians get the great salaries and benefits that teachers do. Government work is a scam.
You think that teachers get great salaries and benefits? What state do you live it?
California. I know of no one in private industry making $70K and getting half the year off. And getting retirement and full medical at 55. But my three teaching friends do - and whine about it.
Not sure $70K is great in California and I'm sure the hours they work are more than you give them credit for but the retirement sounds pretty sweet.

Math seems hard for Bernie supporters. Hard to believe I know.

Math Is Hard for Sanders Supporters | The American Spectator

Seventy years ago, George Orwell explained why so many bad ideas are unquestioningly accepted and advocated by the left: “At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is ‘not done’ to say it.” This is precisely why the Urban Institute (UI) is under attack from Bernie Sanders supporters and other progressives. The left-of-center think tank recently released a study that says the unsayable — Medicare for All is an unaffordable fantasy.
Medicare for All is the single-payer health care system that most progressives support as a replacement for Obamacare. Sanders, the Vermont senator who is ostensibly running against Hillary Clinton for the Democrat presidential nomination, has made it the centerpiece of his campaign. His website assures us that “Bernie’s plan” will save the country $6 trillion over the next ten years, but UI committed the sin of checking the math, and the study’s authors are not feeling the Bern: “[N]ational health expenditures would increase … by 6.6 trillion (16.6 percent) between 2017 and 2026.”
And this is just a drop in the bucket compared to how much it will increase thegovernment’s health spending:
LMAO George Orwell was not a right wing conservative: he was a progressive and liberal. LOL You guys are hilarious.

George Orwell wasn't a Progressive in the sense Progressive is meant today, have you read "Animal Farm"?

"Animal Farm" is a devastating critique of Marxist Utopia ie. Totalitarian Leftism, which is exactly what today's Progressives are, they're Totalitarian Leftist's, illustrated on a daily basis by the fanatical intolerance they exhibit towards anyone who disagrees with either them or The Leftist Agenda.

George Orwell (Eric Blair) would be horrified at today's Progressives, just like John F. Kennedy would.
First of all, you are incapable of speaking for George Orwell or Jack Kennedy. It is intellectually obscene for you to think you can much less express it.

Animal Farm is a novella you probably read in middle school and do not fully understand. It is not an indictment of leftism per se but of of totalitarianism. He used the communist take over of Russia as a vehicle for his message, but it is not about communist Russia: it is about totalitarianism. You obviously do not understand him.He wrote many books and essays. He was a liberal and a progressive, not a right wing conservative. He is not 'yours' and did not speak for your values.

He spoke for the poor, the weak, the exploited, the disenfranchized. You are completely misunderstanding him because you only know of his short work, Animal Farm, which you read in middle school. It is the most simplistic of all his works. And you understand it from an even more simplistic point of view. He would be rolling over in his grave to think people like you think he represents your political and social philosophy.

You need to read 1984, Burmese Days, Shooting an Elephant and Other Stories, and Down and Out in Paris and London, just to begin with. You don't know Orwell at all. You are fools and a joke.

"First of all, you are incapable of speaking for George Orwell or Jack Kennedy. It is intellectually obscene for you to think you can much less express it."

Why I'm even bothering responding to your low level quasi-sanctimonious nonsense I'm not sure. However as you're so grotesquely patronising, I'll respond in kind.

I wasn't speaking for anyone, if you can read properly.

"Animal Farm is a novella you probably read in middle school and do not fully understand."

I understand more things than you do. Sorry, you were educated where? Also what's your degree in?

"It is not an indictment of leftism per se but of of totalitarianism."

It was an indictment of Totalitarian Leftism.

"He used the communist take over of Russia as a vehicle for his message, but it is not about communist Russia: it is about totalitarianism."

What absolute 100% gibberish you've just babbled.

"You obviously do not understand him."

I'm thinking around about this point if you actually understand ANYTHING that's on a higher level than "Spot Goes To The Farm"

"He wrote many books and essays."

Yes we know that Einstein :rolleyes-41:

"He was a liberal and a progressive, not a right wing conservative. He is not 'yours' and did not speak for your values."

You don't even have basic reading comprehension skills do you? Where did I say George Orwell was a Right-Wing Conservative? Oh that's right, I never did.

Where did I say George Orwell was "mine" and spoke for "my values"? Oh that's right, I never did.

"He spoke for the poor, the weak, the exploited, the disenfranchized."

Which is why I hate nearly ALL of his books, they're so incredibly depressing, only quasi-sanctimonious Leftists actually even rate most of his tedious dirges because they make them feel better about themselves.

"You are completely misunderstanding him because you only know of his short work, Animal Farm, which you read in middle school."

You're repeating yourself.

"It is the most simplistic of all his works. And you understand it from an even more simplistic point of view."

So I'll repeat myself, you were educated where? Your degree is in what?

"He would be rolling over in his grave to think people like you think he represents your political and social philosophy."

This is now illustrating that my 3 year-old has better reading comprehension skills than you do. Should I put it in big writing for you?

I never said that George Orwell represented my political and social philosophy.

Also considering my family for a Millennium have been Higher-Up's, shall we refer to them as, why would a well-bred girl like me even WANT a Lower-Middle type such as Eric Blair "representing" anything to do with me? I have about as much in common with Eric Blair's social philosophy as I do with Space Martians.

"You need to read 1984, Burmese Days, Shooting an Elephant and Other Stories, and Down and Out in Paris and London, just to begin with."

Why would I want my mind infected with such incredibly depressing diatribes? Oh that's right, I wouldn't.

"You don't know Orwell at all."

No, but I know Plato.

"You are fools and a joke."

You illustrate each time you post that you're a fool and the joke's on you sweet cheeks.

I can remember being scared to death of debt until I was well established. I wish I could say I was sorry for some of these kids but the wishful thinking fairy must have been extra generous to some of them.
How about software engineers who graduated in the late 1990s?

Everyone was saying how big the demand would be for them, then *POOF* the dot com bubble busted and companies were allowed to keep their H1-Bs and fire Americans instead. That is what happened to me, I had five years with about 3 years of seniority at a major Beltway contracting company, but fortunately for me, I avoided accumulating student debt like the plague. I graduated after decades of night course with about $20k in student loans, and we paid it all off around 2012, but most did have huge debt. I was taking night courses while holding down a full time day job. And they still have huge school debt and the laws were changed so that they could not get out from under it with a bankruptcy.

These young adults are simply fucked as we still import over 65k H1-Bs each year and these guys have a hard time find work still and the H1-Bs make it much more difficult.

I am not blaming the H1-Bs themselves but the government that lets the program get abused and Congress for not taking remedial action. Instead they carp at trump about his correctly accusing a judge of racial bias who is a member of a la Raza movement group.

The fact is that our nations leadership is selling our kids future and we are stupid, corrupt, cowardly and lazy for not fighting for their future so they can have some prosperity as well.
Yeah, I hear you. Job outsourcing is destroying (has destroyed) our country. Yet you don't have to look very far on this forum to hear the wonders our laissez faire capitalism.

You don't even have basic reading comprehension skills do you? Where did I say George Orwell was a Right-Wing Conservative? Oh that's right, I never did.
Were Orwell or JFK alive today they would have swung over to William F Buckley Jr type of conservatism like Whitaker Chambers did.

You will never convince ideologues on the left of this as they are not capable of self reflection any more.

Yeah, I hear you. Job outsourcing is destroying (has destroyed) our country. Yet you don't have to look very far on this forum to hear the wonders our laissez faire capitalism.
And all they would have to do is simply enforce the laws already on the books.

This thread is full of rampant paranoia & tinfoil hats.

Times change. People change. Jobs/careers change.
Change with it or get left behind. I see two in this thread in full on panic mode who will be the first two left behind.

You're right that people need to take responsibility for themselves to be adaptable. But don't you think that society as a larger entity will also have to change? After all, we were once an agrarian society. The whole had to adapt with the times as much as the individual.

Not that liberals seem to have any clue how to go about it. But they are halfway right when it comes to education. We really need to reform our approach to education in this country. Our current approach is based on 1970s expectations of a 1980s world that was believed would produce 1960s results.
Our educational system is changing DESPITE government influence. In the 60's & 70's you had traditional college & VoTech & that was basically it.
In the 80's & 90's we saw the expansion of career based colleges. Now we have schools that will teach you any individual skill you want to learn without the need for all the fluff that is irrelevant to your career choice. But government has yet to catch on & still pushes for a traditional experience. It discourages innovation & growth through regulations & archaic requirements.

The solution is not government dependence

But all of that is still very expensive, and that is the biggest challenge we are going to face. It's inaccessible for many, and financially counter-productive for many others. The changes need to take place during the formative years. Instead of spending 12 years [poorly] preparing children for four years of college, often with wasted repetition in the process and without regard to the feasibility of sending an individual to a four year school, we need to redesign our approach starting at about 8th or 9th grade.

Sorry, but Trump supporters are just as delusional as those Obamatons in 08 screaming how they will now get free rent and cars. The man has zero respect for the Constitution and anyone not wiping his ass.
Well I would ask yo to prove that, but I dont have the time to waste. IF you think that then you are a Master of your Own Little nutshell.

There is not one damned thing racist about wanting an impartial judge who is not a member of a la Raza movement association. Only brain washed idjits think that there is anything wrong with that.
See? Out of the blue you drag racism into the discussion. Like I said, Trumpsters are just like Obamatons. Not being mean, just pointing out the obvious.

Tell me, as a Trump supporter, what outside of growing his empire has he done for society? Honestly, things may exist and I'm not aware.
Over the decades how many people has Trump employed? Thousands! From chambermaids to CEO's in his 500+ companies? Don't you believe providing decent jobs for thousands of employees hasn't been a benefit to our society?
How many jobs has Hillary created? Maybe her 'Mao' pant suit maker.
You don't think "growing an empire" is adequate?
Trump has donated multi millions of dollars to help people around the world.
The fucking Clinton foundation spends over 90% on (cough) administration expenses.
How the Clintons went from being dead broke when they left the White house, stolen furniture in tow to being multi millionaires remains a mystery.
Maybe the FBI can help us understand why.
BTW. Had Hillary the same record of employing thousands of people over decades YOU would be crowing her praises from the rooftops.
The ONLY people Hillary employed were the people who cleaned up the ambassador's body and the Special Forces who died in Benghazi.
I clearly said outside of building his empire. Soros employs thousands too, meaningless because they are nothing but pawns helping him gain more wealth. I want to hear what Trump has sacrificed to help others in his decades here on earth.

Seventy years ago, George Orwell explained why so many bad ideas are unquestioningly accepted and advocated by the left: “At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed that all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to say this, that or the other, but it is ‘not done’ to say it.” This is precisely why the Urban Institute (UI) is under attack from Bernie Sanders supporters and other progressives. The left-of-center think tank recently released a study that says the unsayable — Medicare for All is an unaffordable fantasy.
Medicare for All is the single-payer health care system that most progressives support as a replacement for Obamacare. Sanders, the Vermont senator who is ostensibly running against Hillary Clinton for the Democrat presidential nomination, has made it the centerpiece of his campaign. His website assures us that “Bernie’s plan” will save the country $6 trillion over the next ten years, but UI committed the sin of checking the math, and the study’s authors are not feeling the Bern: “[N]ational health expenditures would increase … by 6.6 trillion (16.6 percent) between 2017 and 2026.”
And this is just a drop in the bucket compared to how much it will increase thegovernment’s health spending:
LMAO George Orwell was not a right wing conservative: he was a progressive and liberal. LOL You guys are hilarious.

George Orwell wasn't a Progressive in the sense Progressive is meant today, have you read "Animal Farm"?

"Animal Farm" is a devastating critique of Marxist Utopia ie. Totalitarian Leftism, which is exactly what today's Progressives are, they're Totalitarian Leftist's, illustrated on a daily basis by the fanatical intolerance they exhibit towards anyone who disagrees with either them or The Leftist Agenda.

George Orwell (Eric Blair) would be horrified at today's Progressives, just like John F. Kennedy would.
No, I think the totalitarianism Orwell was referring to would not allow you to voice your opinion, Lucy H.

"No, I think the totalitarianism Orwell was referring to would not allow you to voice your opinion"

It's happening, if someone says that they don't agree with Transgenderism or allowing men with penises to use female bathrooms, immediately those people are branded "bigots"

The same with if people say that they don't want immense amounts of Muslims being brought into their nations, immediately those people are branded "racists" EVEN though Muslim isn't a race.

Yeah I know student debt is a problem but most students who go for a niche, liberal arts degree know that it's not going to translate to a career path in itself.
So who pays for the luxury of them spending years studying something that has no marketability? Mommy and Daddy? The government AKA the Makers who guaranteed the student loans are on the hook for the money eventually. Someone with a useless degree will never be able to repay by working at MW jobs forever. You do know that about 40% of former students who got loans are not making payments right?
College doesn't have to cost a fortune. I was lucky enough to live at home but I paid for tuition, books, fees and most living expenses and worked part time. I graduated engineering school with only $1K of credit card debt and no student loans. Times have changed somewhat and I'm sure I'd have more debt than that now but nothing like some students. I really would like to know how someone piles up $100K.
Simply note that when the elite discuss solutions for the high cost of education, the only solution ever raised is more government handouts. Never the Director of Lesbian Diversity making 6 figures.
A staff member was up in arms because dance instructors were making so little when I was attending. I don't think most instructors in arts and such are exactly making bank.
No one outside of politicians get the great salaries and benefits that teachers do. Government work is a scam.

Also all politicians when they decide to retire, they get massive pensions.

Orwell was a leftist criticizing the left. What about that are you failing to grasp?
One 'endearing' quality of right wingers is that they tend to view any issue in black and white. I assume that by pointing out that Orwell was telling a cautionary tale about power in a Utopian society, you think that he was against such a thing. I don't believe that was the case.

If you only want to argue with right wingers, they are all over the board, shouldn't be hard to find one
In previous discussions with you, you seemed to lean pretty hard in that direction. No?

I'm fiscally conservative, but I'm for a far smaller, defensive focused military and the elimination of all morality laws. I'm a classic liberal.

It's ironic that you call me black and white then prove that you are wanting to boil everyone down to Democrat or Republican, left or right
Ok, point taken. It's hard for me to keep track of everyone on this forum so the posters who tend to defend the greed and incompetence of Wall Street and corporate upper management get placed in my right wing column. Sorry if you find that offensive.

I don't defend those so you're still lost and confused, little boy.

I'm for free markets where if your boss or your financial services company don't perform you can fire them

No, I think the totalitarianism Orwell was referring to would not allow you to voice your opinion, Lucy H.

"No, I think the totalitarianism Orwell was referring to would not allow you to voice your opinion"

It's happening, if someone says that they don't agree with Transgenderism or allowing men with penises to use female bathrooms, immediately those people are branded "bigots"

The same with if people say that they don't want immense amounts of Muslims being brought into their nations, immediately those people are branded "racists" EVEN though Muslim isn't even a race.
Yep, people are already being arrested and losing their jobs for believing men should not be in bathrooms with 10 year old girls.

So who pays for the luxury of them spending years studying something that has no marketability? Mommy and Daddy? The government AKA the Makers who guaranteed the student loans are on the hook for the money eventually. Someone with a useless degree will never be able to repay by working at MW jobs forever. You do know that about 40% of former students who got loans are not making payments right?

Also all politicians when they decide to retire, they get massive pensions.
As do teachers, just not as good as politicians.

The same with if people say that they don't want immense amounts of Muslims being brought into their nations, immediately those people are branded "racists" EVEN though Muslim isn't even a race.
Yep, people are already being arrested and losing their jobs for believing men should not be in bathrooms with 10 year old girls.

Exactly and if this insanity isn't stopped, then society is heading toward the type of Totalitarian Leftist nightmare that George Orwell was so vehemently against.

4190ac2b2b5c080751dd70a8700e5b45.jpg

One 'endearing' quality of right wingers is that they tend to view any issue in black and white. I assume that by pointing out that Orwell was telling a cautionary tale about power in a Utopian society, you think that he was against such a thing. I don't believe that was the case.

If you only want to argue with right wingers, they are all over the board, shouldn't be hard to find one
In previous discussions with you, you seemed to lean pretty hard in that direction. No?

I'm fiscally conservative, but I'm for a far smaller, defensive focused military and the elimination of all morality laws. I'm a classic liberal.

It's ironic that you call me black and white then prove that you are wanting to boil everyone down to Democrat or Republican, left or right
Ok, point taken. It's hard for me to keep track of everyone on this forum so the posters who tend to defend the greed and incompetence of Wall Street and corporate upper management get placed in my right wing column. Sorry if you find that offensive.

I'm for free markets where if your boss or your financial services company don't perform you can fire them
Ever seen the resumes of some of these jackasses? The most incompetent fool can be made to appear as if they perform.

Ever seen the resumes of some of these jackasses? The most incompetent fool can be made to appear as if they perform.

That's true in every job in every industry. What does it have to do with anything? I spent years on Wall Street and my career is in management and corporate management. It's like everything else, there are good and bad ones.

Free markets sort all that out, they let the bad ones fail

The problem most conservatives have is not with mathematics but in algebraic projection.

It is as if they have never plotted a graph and extended it to a point in time on the X axis.

Figure this out;

A) jobs are being destroyed by the robotics revolution.

B) We live in a democratic Republic

C) as enough jobs are destroyed so that more and more Americans feel like they cannot survive in a purely capitalist system any more, what will they do?

Starve or vote for more and more socialism?

We need to manage this trend by getting ahead of it and putting in place workable solutions ahead of time instead of laughing it all off as 'lazy people wanting free shit'.

If you think that is the case, you dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

As a machinist and a NC programmer I have to wonder why you are so against more efficient methods of manufacturing and assembly. Some "parts" such as the titanium fins in an aircraft's jet fans are made far easier and more reliably on a 5 axis CNC mill than could ever be manufactured using manual mills and lathes.

Yes it is true that some jobs are eliminated by robotics but as the mill and lathe operators become educated on how to program and operate the NC machines new jobs are waiting for them.

The REAL job killer is not robotics, it is the outsourcing of critical manufacturing to countries that don't pay a living wage to the machine operators. Another thing that is horrible in outsourcing is quality control. Many of the failures in aircraft accidents have been traced to inferior products like the lithium batteries that self ignite from poor quality controls.

Many of our highly elected representatives leave office to become agents for foreign countries in pushing trade bills that are contrary to our best interests.

K Street in DC is NOT our friend.

Forum List

Back