What Is The Best Way To Deal With Street Protesters That Hold Up Traffic?

How would you deal with a street protest that was keeping you from getting to work?

• Stop and wait for the cops

• Drive over them

• Tackle and body-slam them and take their pants off

• Roll over them with a steam roller

• Break out my softball bat and go to town

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stop calling people "liars" on no evidence, asshole.
Shut your cake hole, you lying bitch, your betters are talking.
No it's not. Drive your car over people, and you'll be charged.

If you see people, you STOP your fucking car. Why is this so hard for you to understand? PEOPLE'S LIVES MATTER. Your car is not a weapon to run protestors over, and the laws being passed saying it's OK are unconstitutional, to say the least.
Let me make this clear enough that even someone as stupid as you can figure it out: I WILL NOT BE THE NEXT REGINALD DENNY.

Blocking%20Roads-L.jpg

If you see people, you STOP your fucking car. Why is this so hard for you to understand? PEOPLE'S LIVES MATTER. Your car is not a weapon to run protestors over, and the laws being passed saying it's OK are unconstitutional, to say the least.

Again, nobody said anything about driving OVER people. If someone away with a broken foot, well, you shouldn’t be intentionally blocking someone’s vehicle.

If you see people, you STOP your fucking car. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If you are in the road, get out of the road. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

PEOPLE'S LIVES MATTER.

You’re right, including the lives of the people who are trying to get to where they are going.

Your car is not a weapon to run protestors over,

Never said it was, but at the same time your protest is not lawful to block the road.

and the laws being passed saying it's OK are unconstitutional, to say the least.

I wasn’t aware that laws were being passed to not hold people accountable for rolling through a protest. If those laws are being passed, then apparently the law agrees that the protesters should not be there and that motorists are within their right to move through the protest.

And it absolutely is constitutional, because you do not have a right to protest in a way that hinders other people, and there are laws about walking in the roadway.

I was once held up by Marathon runners for almost an hour. Should I have run them down?

Nope, because is a marathon was being held in the street, then the city has been notified, the marathon has been sanctioned and approved, and notice will have been posted for weeks in advance, as well as road signs to warn of the marathon.

That is a lawful assembly, a protest in which you are hindering motorists is not lawful.

Nope, because is a marathon was being held in the street, then the city has been notified, the marathon has been sanctioned and approved, and notice will have been posted for weeks in advance, as well as road signs to warn of the marathon.

That is a lawful assembly, a protest in which you are hindering motorists is not lawful.

Nope. No advanced notice was given about the marathon runners - or if it was it didn't reach me and I watch local news every day.

How do you know when protestors haven't gotten the permits for their march?

I was once held up by Marathon runners for almost an hour. Should I have run them down?
Also, nobody is suggesting you run anyone down. What is being suggested is slow rolling through the crowd. They can move.

Ideally, they wouldn’t even be there at all.

Take a different route to work. It's not that hard, or hard to figure out.

If you came upon a wreck of 12 vehicles you would find another way around it, knowing that otherwise emergency vehicles would have you sitting there for 45 minutes. This is no different, other than your impotent rage.
You clown. Did you look at that road and the traffic? They were stuck.

Every Saturday large groups of Hasidic Jews block the streets in the Borough Park Brooklyn. They walk at a leisurely pace. They act like the cars aren't even there. They have no permits.

Should they be run down as well?

Should lines of cars in funeral processions be rammed if they slow you down?

I'd hate to know what you'd do to groups of children crossing the street.

Every Saturday large groups of Hasidic Jews block the streets in the Borough Park Brooklyn. They walk at a leisurely pace. They act like the cars aren't even there. They have no permits.

You'd compare a bunch of dirty hippies intentionally barricading a busy road to kids crossing the street? What's wrong with your brain?

Nope. No advanced notice was given about the marathon runners - or if it was it didn't reach me and I watch local news every day.

I assure you, if a marathon is planned, people are notified, and they put up signs warning people. If your city didn’t do that, then they screwed up.

You’re conflating two things. If it’s a march for a cause, you can get permits for that and that is acceptable. The roads will be closed around the area and people will be diverted to another route.

A protest will generally not be eligible for permits to block the road, where people get caught unaware and end up getting stuck in traffic because of it.

You'd compare a bunch of dirty hippies intentionally barricading a busy road to kids crossing the street? What's wrong with your brain?

Nobody gives a poop if you think people are 'dirty hippies'.

If these were marathon runners, motorcyclists or MAGA MAGGOTS you'd have no problem with it.

If these were marathon runners, motorcyclists or MAGA MAGGOTS you'd have no problem with it.
Yes I would, dumbass. I'm not a partisan. I didn't vote for Trump or Biden. They're blocking a public road. They're not accomplishing anything but making people late to their obligations.

Lol, you’re just making stuff up for the argument.

Are they actively preventing people from moving about the roads? No they shouldn’t be there, and you should slow roll through them, if they actively try to stay in front of your vehicle, then, they may end up with a broken foot or something. That’s on them.

Nobody is suggesting people be “run down”. I’ve said this 3 times now.

Nope, it’s a funeral procession that is moving and they have a right to be there.

People crossing the street have a right to be there, and that is completely different than an unlawful assembly actively trying to prevent people from getting on their way.

Lol, you’re just making stuff up for the argument.

Are they actively preventing people from moving about the roads? No they shouldn’t be there, and you should slow roll through them, if they actively try to stay in front of your vehicle, then, they may end up with a broken foot or something. That’s on them.

Nobody is suggesting people be “run down”. I’ve said this 3 times now.

Nope, it’s a funeral procession that is moving and they have a right to be there.

People crossing the street have a right to be there, and that is completely different than an unlawful assembly actively trying to prevent people from getting on their way.

'Slow Rolling' can be just as dangerous.

You really believe that I should have slowed rolled thru a large group of people just because they were inconveniencing me?

That it would have ben O.K. to break a few legs?

You are one sick pup!

If maga were in the streets blocking traffic, I’d say the same thing, roll through them and if they actively try to block your path, and end up with a broken foot…that’s on them.

The same solution as everywhere else, the police need to come and clear the protesters out of the roadway.

To get there they often have to arrive coming from the other direction. Stopping Police cars on the other side of the median or guardrail. then climb over in the hot sun and deal with these scumbag wackjobs.
maybe better to hose them with vinegar or bear spray. Maybe then they will move? That started as a joke but what choice do you have?> kids in hot car? Gotta go to the bathroom?

If maga were in the streets blocking traffic, I’d say the same thing, roll through them and if they actively try to block your path, and end up with a broken foot…that’s on them.
It's on them, but the lawyers costs and law suits will be on you.

Forum List

Back