What is the big deal about not standing for pledge?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
When I was a kid there were always a few kids who didn't stand. It was either they were lazy or unpatriotic. The teacher might have griped but in the end it wasn't really a big deal so when I hear about these people doing something so brave by not standing for the pledge it really isn't anything new at all. It just isn't the big deal that they happen to think it is.

Nothing really in my opinion. Stand, kneel, squat, scamper.. who cares. That is the point, the whole fiasco i a joke all the way around.

As a teacher, I was confronted with a parent who did not want their child to stand or say the pledge. I just told them, "I ask the children to stand. There is no 'Will you?' to it." I don't mind if they don't cover their heart or say the pledge.. but when I give a direction, they are to obey just as I tell them it's time to line up for home. " Respecting authority should begin at home and continue in school.

Anyone athlete who is fortunate enough to be in this country and reap the rewards of a capitalistic, free country should show respect and at the very least stand to honor those who died to make this country free.

I personally feel, however that anyone who does not respect this country and flag should hop on the next flight to a country they could respect. Let them then find a career that rewards them with millions for catching a ball.

Forum List

Back