🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

every evil thing the church/christians do

the thread and op are confused in their association of religions and theism ... the false religions are not theistic but political.

theism is metaphysical as the explanation for living beings, the atheists are in denial of their ancestral roots and would eventually halt the progression that made them what they are - their denial makes them pariahs against future development.

100%.

Laughing leads to crying.
I know that's what you do--you're crazy imagining fairies in the sky
I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

Personally I think you are crazy for having that perception.
you believe in fairies all right
No. You do. Because you keep looking for them.

Fairies don’t exist. God does.

But you keep looking for fairies because I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count.

How’s your life?
......so--are you saying people who don't believe cannot have as many or cannot have any blessings as those who do??!!!
my life is HORRIBLE
please give me the knowledge and wisdom to make it better

Embrace humility in anyway you can. At least be more humble than you were the day before. Every morning make a goal if bringing joy to one person. You will never please yourself. Humans are never satisfied but your new obsession of bringing joy to others will distract you from your misery.

Try it for one day. Assume you worthless and the only value you have is improving the life of others.

every evil thing the church/christians do

the thread and op are confused in their association of religions and theism ... the false religions are not theistic but political.

theism is metaphysical as the explanation for living beings, the atheists are in denial of their ancestral roots and would eventually halt the progression that made them what they are - their denial makes them pariahs against future development.
it's ''scary'' to them to think there is no god

I know that's what you do--you're crazy imagining fairies in the sky
I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

But you keep looking for fairies because I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count.

How’s your life?
......so--are you saying people who don't believe cannot have as many or cannot have any blessings as those who do??!!!
my life is HORRIBLE

Embrace humility in anyway you can. At least be more humble than you were the day before. Every morning make a goal if bringing joy to one person. You will never please yourself. Humans are never satisfied but your new obsession of bringing joy to others will distract you from your misery.

Try it for one day. Assume you worthless and the only value you have is improving the life of others.
??? worthless???

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

Yes. Worthless. You have no value to offer yourself. You will always be dissatisfied. You have no value outside of what you do for others.

Yes. These are Christian concepts but they work for anybody. Try it today. Name a person in your head and do something great for them. If you aren't very creative then give a random person $20. Then see how the rest of your day goes.

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

Yes. Worthless. You have no value to offer yourself. You will always be dissatisfied. You have no value outside of what you do for others.

Yes. These are Christian concepts but they work for anybody. Try it today. Name a person in your head and do something great for them. If you aren't very creative then give a random person $20. Then see how the rest of your day goes.
-----..ahh---ok
they are not just christian concepts...non-christians do the same/etc

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

so the random jackass can spend it on sin [ sex/drugs/etc ] ?

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

1 Timothy:
money is the root of all evil
!!!!!!!

So, the question seems to be is whether a comforting myth is preferable to reality.

Well, reality isn't all that clear. Pretty much the only argument that there is no god is the lack of evidence that there is. This is a logical fallacy and proves nothing. So they are all ultimately myths. Might as well pick the myth you find most comforting.
We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.

Really? Based upon what would you think that?
If there's evidence out there the longer you look the more likely you are to find it, or just stumble across it when you aren't even looking for that matter.

Comparing the size of the planet to the universe and the time we have been looking to the age of the universe, I would have to say that, for practical purposes, we haven't even begun to look. It's all unsupported assumptions applied to blind guesses. The reality is that even if we did find something we almost certainly wouldn't know it because we don't even have a clue what it is we are looking for. It's ALL myth, so pick the one that makes you happy.

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

so the random jackass can spend it on sin [ sex/drugs/etc ] ?

Good point. Maybe just tell a woman that she has beautiful hair. Tell somebody they have a cool car. The money thing was just an example. There are lots of ways to bring happiness to others. Just make it a daily habit. It will improve your mood if you truly are miserable. Judging from the way you responded to me, I am guessing that you aren't miserable. I was only trying to help.

I know atheists don't believe in hell. Thus, the drawback is death. Once an atheist dies according to their beliefs, then that's it.
Once a Christian dies according to atheist beliefs, then that's it. Wishing otherwise doesn't make it so.
I'm an agnostic that believes in re-incarnation. Which is much better than burning in hell.

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

1 Timothy:
!!!!!!!

If you are not a Christian then this verse has no relevance to you.

The biggest drawback to atheism is what if they are wrong. I have nothing to lose if I am wrong and atheist are correct. But what if I am right and they are wrong?
Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world. Do no harm to other's

How’s your life?
my life is HORRIBLE

??? worthless???

1 Timothy:
!!!!!!!
Actually it's the love of money

The biggest drawback to atheism is what if they are wrong. I have nothing to lose if I am wrong and atheist are correct. But what if I am right and they are wrong?
Believe in Jesus as your personal savior, Trust in him, do the work of God, follow not the world. Do no harm to other's

If you are right and they are, GOD will forgive them because he is a forgiving GOD, right? I mean, as long as they've been good people and all...

I know atheists don't believe in hell. Thus, the drawback is death. Once an atheist dies according to their beliefs, then that's it.
Once a Christian dies according to atheist beliefs, then that's it. Wishing otherwise doesn't make it so.
I'm an agnostic that believes in re-incarnation. Which is much better than burning in hell.
Sounds like a contradiction to me. You believe or you don't.

I've always seen that as an absurd wager. Because if the reason you believe is just because you want to play it safe and there actually is a God, then that God would know that you were just playing it safe. I would think God would prefer a tad more honesty.

You are in essence gambling with your eternal life or soul. Thus, Pascal was saying it's better to have faith and believe. Sure, it's better to be safe than sorry, but I think he meant having faith first than playing it safe. How long would that last? Probably not long. Even Jesus knew that doing miracles would not let people continue to believe in God. Through faith, there has to be a change within.

It isn't a gamble. I frankly doubt it is even a choice. If you say "I believe" just because you don't want to go to hell, then you don't believe and surely God would know that. Either you believe or you do not. I have read the Bible, I have talked with ministers and believers. I do not believe and never have. I not only do not believe, I can't understand why anyone would. It's a complete mystery to me. So saying I believe to hedge my bets would be nothing more than a lie. Pascal's wager is just one of those interesting thoughts that has absolutely no relation to reality.

Forum List

Back