🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is the most destructive Conservative policy in the US today?

Well, anyone who looks to the government to provide happiness is clearly barking up the wrong tree.

I do think, though, that some of this is attached to ego and tribalism. We're afraid to give an inch.

Because if you give these morons in government an inch they take a mile. Thank God for our Constitution and some limits on their power.
The Constitution has been a dead letter since Woodrow Wilson...Most people can't even tell you the five protected freedoms in the 1st Amendment, let alone delve into the concept of limited powers.

With respect I disagree. Citizens would have been disarmed and gun ownership banned if not for the Constitution. Yes these filth in government constantly attack and try to end run around the Constitution but its still an obstacle.

Well, anyone who looks to the government to provide happiness is clearly barking up the wrong tree.

I do think, though, that some of this is attached to ego and tribalism. We're afraid to give an inch.

Because if you give these morons in government an inch they take a mile. Thank God for our Constitution and some limits on their power.
The Constitution has been a dead letter since Woodrow Wilson...Most people can't even tell you the five protected freedoms in the 1st Amendment, let alone delve into the concept of limited powers.

With respect I disagree. Citizens would have been disarmed and gun ownership banned if not for the Constitution. Yes these filth in government constantly attack and try to end run around the Constitution but its still an obstacle.
OK, the 2nd Amendment is still relatively intact, albeit tenuously.

Name something else about the Constitution that is even tenuously adhered to, let alone widely known about by the public....Presidential term limits don't count.

The worst conservative policy...absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel. Any thoughts?

Government is run by a bunch of stupid corrupt morons, we don't need more of that. :anj_stfu:

...but enough about the Democrats!

To be fair I have issue with countless Republicans also.

As do I, but the number is not 100% like it is with Democrats!

I am praying for an upset in our Republican primary to get rid of a mistake we put in office thinking he would be a good governor, but has proven that he is worse than almost every other Democrat who held the office.

The Democratic party is RIGGED. Citizens elect a moderate Dem to represent them in congress. When the moderate Dem arrives in Washington the Dem party threatens the representative with retaliation if they don't vote in lock step with the left wing. So do the citizens in that district really have a representative in Washington? Not really. To some degree the GOP is also rigged. This is an effort to ignore the Constitution and concentrate power in the hands of a few.

Fraud and corruption are a part of capitalism, as they are a part of humanity. The only goal of capitalism is to make money, everything else is secondary in true capitalism
The purpose of trade, since the beginning of civilization, is peace (the end of violence).

Why was there violence?

People were stealing other people's shit.

Fraud and corruption are not peaceful acts, thus not a part of trade.

Fraud and corruption, as part of humanity, will not suddenly go away if we decide to abandon peaceful trade. We're also not required to maintain peaceful trade (or peace in general) with those who commit fraud.

OK, the 2nd Amendment is still relatively intact, albeit tenuously.

Name something else about the Constitution that is even tenuously adhered to, let alone widely known about by the public....Presidential term limits don't count.

No argument. As the Constitution limits their power naturally they constantly try to twist, ignore, end run around these limits. Over the past few decades the trend has been to pass clearly unconstitutional laws, knowing someone will have to challenge the laws in the courts and that will take years. Meanwhile they are able to operate outside the Constitution.

I'll try a companion thread to the one on liberal policies.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?
Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

You can dream up any conspiracy but if you don’t prove the conspiracy then it’s just slander.

I'll try a companion thread to the one on liberal policies.

My response to that thread was "The worst liberal policy is the same it's always been: Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

For this thread, I'd say: The worst conservative policy is their absolute refusal to admit and accept the fact that, in any given socioeconomic system, there will be people who function better within it, and those who function worse within it. And those people are being left behind, FAR behind, with this absolutist anti-government madness that began when the Right took Reagan's "government is the problem" speech tag line as literal gospel.

The hardcore Left has wrecked our culture; the hardcore Right has wrecked our socioeconomics. A pox on both houses.

Any thoughts?
Lowering standards & expectations for groups it decides are oppressed, and in turn enabling that group's worst behaviors, hurting them and the country in the future."

You can dream up any conspiracy but if you don’t prove the conspiracy then it’s just slander.
Or it's just true.

I wouldn't expect someone like you to admit it.

I never had a deficit until I bought a house.
I have never met anyone who opened for business, sans wealthy parents or relatives, without a deficit.
My only debts were student loans, but other than that, I started my business without loans, parents, or relatives. It sucked ass for a few years, but I did it.

Granted, without the student loans, I would not have been able to do my business (education and licensing required).

The purpose of trade, since the beginning of civilization, is peace (the end of violence).

Why was there violence?

Fraud and corruption, as part of humanity, will not suddenly go away if we decide to abandon peaceful trade. We're also not required to maintain peaceful trade (or peace in general) with those who commit fraud.

Not only that, but when you create a monopoly on the proactive use of coercive force (The State) and couple that with near complete immunity from misuse/abuse of that power, you will attract to that State un-peacable fraudsters and aggressors.

F.A. Hayek spelled out this dynamic here:

Why the Worst Get on Top | F. A. Hayek

Fraud and corruption are a part of capitalism, as they are a part of humanity. The only goal of capitalism is to make money, everything else is secondary in true capitalism

Why was there violence?

That is indeed the purpose of trade, yet it is not the purpose of capitalism. Capitalism thrives on war, you think it is just coincidence we have been in a perpetual state of war for 80 years?

Regulation is not some distortion of capitalism.

Regulation is an absolutely critical component of capitalism.

As with anything else, the key is finding the optimal balance.

Some of it? All I see is ego and tribalism. I don't think it's as much about giving inches anymore as it is destroy the other party and take their shit.

Some of it? All I see is ego and tribalism. I don't think it's as much about giving inches anymore as it is destroy the other party and take their shit.
Yeah, I was trying to be a little measured. :p

But your description is closer. We've decayed into modern-day cavemen, just pounding on each other.

When we refuse to exercise reason and critical thinking skills, those skills ultimately atrophy due to lack of use.

When we refuse to exercise reason and critical thinking skills, those skills ultimately atrophy due to lack of use.

Let's be honest. Reason and critical thinking really have no place in today's political climate. I expect around 70% of our leadership to be just above no brain activity whatsoever. :04: Its a miracle they can dress themselves.

Let's be honest. Reason and critical thinking really have no place in today's political climate. I expect around 70% of our leadership to be just above no brain activity whatsoever. Its a miracle they can dress themselves.
If this condition persists, we're fucked. It's up to us.

Forum List

Back