What is the proper method of dealing with crowd control ...

Yes peaceful protesters are now all evil marauding mobs hell-bent on destroying the American way of life. Jeebus,so many Americans actually buy that propaganda shit. American Citizens have the right to assemble. Why doesn't the Gestapo just leave them alone? SHEESH!

Yes peaceful protesters are now all evil marauding mobs hell-bent on destroying the American way of life. Jeebus,so many Americans actually buy that propaganda shit. American Citizens have the right to assemble. Why doesn't the Gestapo just leave them alone? SHEESH!

I think your post here is unworthy of a self-respecting libertarian. Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY has accused peaceful protesters of being evil marauding mobs hell-bent on destroying the American way of life. Hyperbole much? Have you looked up the definition of straw man lately?

The question here is what is the proper method to handle mobs are are NOT peaceful but are hell bent on unlawfully occupying public or private property, defecating on and trashing whatever property they occupy, defacing, damaging, and destroying private property, and violating the rights of peaceful citizens and lawful business owners.

Could you focus on that instead of maliciously demonizing those of us who believe in a rule of law? Which any self respecting libertarian should also believe in?

I think your post here is unworthy of a self-respecting libertarian. Nobody, and I do mean NOBODY has accused peaceful protesters of being evil marauding mobs hell-bent on destroying the American way of life. Hyperbole much? Have you looked up the definition of straw man lately?

The question here is what is the proper method to handle mobs are are NOT peaceful but are hell bent on unlawfully occupying public or private property, defecating on and trashing whatever property they occupy, defacing, damaging, and destroying private property, and violating the rights of peaceful citizens and lawful business owners.

Could you focus on that instead of maliciously demonizing those of us who believe in a rule of law? Which any self respecting libertarian should also believe in?

Bullshit. The Police State always portray the protesters as the bad guy. Meanwhile,it's the Police who are most often the real bad guy. According to so many in this country,they can never be wrong. The protesters are the good guys. They're excercising their Freedom & Liberty. They're not the ones dressed in black military uniforms armed with pepper spray,tasers,clubs,and assault weapons.

All those weapons for a couple of peaceful kids protesting at Cal Davis? Are they really frightened of a couple of completely unarmed kids? I actually heard the Police whining about how the kids scared them so much. What a lie. Thank God there were cameras there because that lie would have gone unopposed. Just leave the People alone for God's sake. Is that really so much to ask in America?

Bullshit. The Police State always portray the protesters as the bad guy. Meanwhile,it's the Police who are most often the real bad guy. According to so many in this country,they can never be wrong. The protesters are the good guys. They're excercising their Freedom & Liberty. They're not the ones dressed in black military uniforms armed with pepper spray,tasers,clubs,and assault weapons.

All those weapons for a couple of peaceful kids protesting at Cal Davis? Are they really frightened of a couple of completely unarmed kids? I actually heard the Police whining about how the kids scared them so much. What a lie. Thank God there were cameras there because that lie would have gone unopposed. Just leave the People alone for God's sake. Is that really so much to ask in America?

I do wish you Ron Paul supporters weren't so very angry and supportive of lawbreakers at the expense of the rest of us. That no doubt at least explains a lot of the reason he has yet to win a single state. He probably hasn't won a single precinct? Why? Because of people who fail to disrespect the law breaking citizen at the expense of the law abiding and then call that 'freedom'. You seem to have no idea what recognizing and defending unalienable rights means. He deserves better.

Last edited:

I do wish you Ron Paul supporters weren't so very angry and supportive of lawbreakers at the expense of the rest of us. That no doubt at least explains a lot of the reason he has yet to win a single state. He probably hasn't won a single precinct? Why? Because of people who fail to disrespect the law breaking citizen at the expense of the law abiding and then call that 'freedom'. You seem to have no idea what recognizing and defending unalienable rights means. He deserves better.

The Police are breaking the law. Maybe it's time for more to start focusing on that rather than always blaming protesters. Try a different viewpoint for once. Try looking at it from the other side's perspective. The Police are wrong sometimes. Seriously,it's true.

I think the rhetoric has been pretty extreme, Fyrefox. Look back at what the posters here have called the OWS protestors.

I'm not sure how an aware person can write paragraph 2, and then write paragraph 3.

I think the rhetoric has been pretty extreme, Fyrefox. Look back at what the posters here have called the OWS protestors.

What do you suggest we call people who illegally occupy public or private property and refuse to leave when ordered to do so? When they defecate and otherwise trash, deface, damage, and/or destroy that public or private property? When they threaten law abiding citizens and refuse them passage. When they are driving customers away from lawfully operating places of business?

Paulitician thinks the police shouldn't do anything about that. So we should just declare the mob legal and allow them to do whatever they want?

If it is your property or your place of business, would you feel like your rights were being respected or protected?

You are being hyperbolic, and reciting the Fox News version of events. Please try another channel.

You are being hyperbolic, and reciting the Fox News version of events. Please try another channel.

Translation. I won't answer your question because I would then have to admit that I've been supporting the wrong side and would look like a total idiot.

I'm not sure how an aware person can write paragraph 2, and then write paragraph 3.

One of my 'are' should have been a 'that' but if you think paragraph 3 is not appropriate in the context following paragraph 2, you must be drinking the same wierd water that is affecting the reading comprehension of others on this thread.

One of my 'are' should have been a 'that' but if you think paragraph 3 is not appropriate in the context following paragraph 2, you must be drinking the same wierd water that is affecting the reading comprehension of others on this thread.

You went from berating someone for being hyperbolic to being hyperbolic. Except he was using hyperbole to make a point, and you really believe the stuff you're saying.

I had to laugh when the Police tried to claim they were so frightened of those unarmed peaceful kids sitting and protesting. They're saying that while their dressed in their black uniforms armed with body armor,pepper spray,tasers,clubs,and automatic weapons. They were scared? How about those kids who got pepper sprayed in the face? Laughable shit. That's why so many are now turning on the Police. They lie.

It is hyperbole only if it is grossly exaggerated and has not been reported in the mainstream media for weeks now. You don't pay much attention to the news do you?

It is hyperbole only if it is grossly exaggerated and has not been reported in the mainstream media for weeks now. You don't pay much attention to the news do you?

What you are saying has been grossly exaggerated by Fox News.

This post, from you, is a gross exaggeration.

I haven't gotten most of my information from Fox News. Let's focus on the thread topic instead of Fox News okay?

Are you saying that the OWS groups have NOT done anything illegal? And the Police should not have been present at all as Paulitician seems to believe?

I haven't gotten most of my information from Fox News. Let's focus on the thread topic instead of Fox News okay?

Are you saying that the OWS groups have NOT done anything illegal? And the Police should not have been present at all as Paulitician seems to believe?

I'm saying that when you describe OWS as people "hell-bent" on "defecating on and trashing private property" you are reciting Fox News nonsense.

1. I have seen many disrespectful signs at Tea Party protests.

2. I've seen disrespectful speech.

3. I've seen people advocating what can only be described as anarchy at Tea Party protests.

4. The police have, in some cases, deliberately incited problems at the OWS rallies.

5. It is my understanding that Zucotti Park is a public space, donated by a private company. In other words, it's public.

I have to wonder how many tea party events you have been to, if even one.

Are you simply repeating the stuff you have read and seen on the net? Did you actually see any of those things or are you relaying what you got on the net?

Maybe you should "change the channel"?

Immie

3. I've seen people advocating what can only be described as anarchy at Tea Party protests.

4. The police have, in some cases, deliberately incited problems at the OWS rallies.

5. It is my understanding that Zucotti Park is a public space, donated by a private company. In other words, it's public.

Are you simply repeating the stuff you have read and seen on the net? Did you actually see any of those things or are you relaying what you got on the net?

Immie

You're correct, I'm speaking of signs seen on TV and YouTube.

Some Tea Party protestors have carried disrespectful signs, and have made disrespectful comments.

Do you need links?

Immie

You're correct, I'm speaking of signs seen on TV and YouTube.

Some Tea Party protestors have carried disrespectful signs, and have made disrespectful comments.

Do you need links?

Sure, provide them from reputable sites. Really on TV? MSNBC perhaps?

I'm sure someone who watches Fox can provide the same kind of crap about OWS as you will from you links, but for some reason you seem to think that Fox lies and whatever station you watch tells the truth.

Funny as hell that you are willing to accept shit from one station or the crap on the internet because it fits your agenda, but automatically decry everything on Fox.

Why is that?

Immie

Forum List

Back