What is the Purpose of Gay Marriage?

I don't know about that. I don't think being gay is any kind of deformity or something not working right. it just how people are wired for preference. just like you look at a member of the opposite sex and have feelings you can't control, a gay person has those same feelings with people of the same sex. its all a matter of attraction. its not like a gay person is just hooking up with any person because they happen to be gay too. there has to be the personal and physical attraction just like with a heterosexual person.
There is a great push today to sow one's oats to prove one's manhood. Among girls it is to have a man at her shoulder. The painful thing is when the male is rejected or laughed at, or the girl is used and rejected. This only compounds the problem. Had the young man studied and waited until he was out of school and working and mature the wiring is less likely to get screwed up. The boy thinks he is a Poindexter, or a knothead or not masculine enough. The same goes for the lady who is reinforced with feeling of being ugly, too skinny or fat. Oddly enough, the US government is spending money to find out why Lesbians tend to be obese (how to waste taxpayer money without even trying). If she is hurt in love she will dodge such encounters and seek after someone who is sympathetic to her plight and she will find her with ease. She will seek to be mothered and be told what to do or dominate and instruct and direct... Had the girl only waited for Mister Right, and focused on character and honesty her wiring would not be messed up. I can honestly say that most geeks bloom later and blossom longer than their drug snorting, drinking, smoking, sexually active peers...

i'm not sure what any of this has to do with being gay or not, but if you are trying to say being rejected makes you gay, i'm totally not buying that. hell I've been rejected a ton and it never influenced my sexual preference. everyone gets rejected.

I would say that everyone faces the problems of growing up differently. However, being made fun of, being called "awkward," feeling lonely, not having a solid moral upbringing, feeling rejected by God or that God doesn't matter/exist, feeling pressure to sexually perform, loathing one's self, and then being told to do whatever you wish ---- is not going to help Little Johnny mature as he might under better circumstances. And in your case you may not be gay but you carry other burdens --- everyone has a cross to bare. It just may not be as obvious to everyone ---- including yourself...

First off, I cannot imagine you wanted to marry your father. Boys tend to cling to mommy and girls to daddy. At the same time the boy likes to do what dad does. And girls like to play with babies.

What? Seriously, what? no, I didn't want to play with babies. I wanted to play baseball and climb trees. I wanted to marry Julie Andrews.

Nope. I started having crushes on girls and women at about five or six. Next?

The proble is that the human mouth is the most filthy organ of the body --- even dirtier than the anus. Homsexuals commonly will engage in oral sex without a care of periodontal disease and gum bleeding (an obvious way of spreading all sorts of diseases). At the same time they may wear a condom when engaging in anal sex but will not consider the fact that the anus was not designed by God for things to go in but come out. This causes permanent stretching and tearing and irratation. This likely makes one prone to diseases that could lead to various viral cancers. All of this can lead to higher medical insurance costs, spreading diseases throughout a sexually active population, spreading of viral infections from saliva through kissing.

Straight people engage in all those things more than we do.

Apparently you've never heard of frottage or tribbing?

How are you planning on enforcing your no gay ____ laws?

ok I admit I had to just look those two things up. I think we used to call it dry humping

Straight people do not engage in those "things" MORE that homosexuals do. That is an illogical remark. Many married couples (particularly religious) feel that such forms of sexual activity are a debasing of that person they love. They engage in sex and enjoy it (and if they have children --- so be it), but not the kind that is all that is left for homosexuals to accomplish. And do excuse me for not existing to know all the various words that you may find either exciting or fulfilling.... I'll pardon your "french." Look, I am really not out to hurt people. I have tried to explain that God has made rules and there are logical reasons for those rules. So that even if one does not accept that God exists, he may see that logically he is without excuse for his actions. God is love but He is also very logical. It isn't just about "feelings." Homosexual behavior isn't bringing anyone closer to God. In fact, I fell it drives the person away from HIM. And calling it "marraige" isn't going to help.

Last edited:
What? Seriously, what? no, I didn't want to play with babies. I wanted to play baseball and climb trees. I wanted to marry Julie Andrews.

Nope. I started having crushes on girls and women at about five or six. Next?

Straight people engage in all those things more than we do.

Apparently you've never heard of frottage or tribbing?

How are you planning on enforcing your no gay ____ laws?

ok I admit I had to just look those two things up. I think we used to call it dry humping

Straight people do not engage in those "things" MORE that homosexuals do. That is an illogical remark. Many married couples (particularly religious) feel that such forms of sexual activity are a debasing of that person they love. They engage in sex and enjoy it (and if they have children --- so be it), but not the kind that is all that is left for homosexuals to accomplish. And do excuse me for not existing to know all the various words that you may find either exciting or fulfilling.... I'll pardon your "french." Look, I am really not out to hurt people. I have tried to explain that God has made rules and there are logical reasons for those rules. So that even if one does not accept that God exists, he may see that logically he is without excuse for his actions. God is love but He is also very logical. It isn't just about "feelings." Homosexual behavior isn't bringing anyone closer to God. In fact, I fell it drives the person away from HIM. And calling it "marraige" isn't going to help.

Of course they do. Gays make up 4-10% of the population so, of course heterosexuals engage in anal and oral sex more than gays do. Ya'll also buy more sex toys than "the gheys" too. It's okay. Sex is only dirty and messy if you're doing it right...and as the Chink says..."if it's messy, eat it over the sink."

God has nothing to do with the conversation since the discussion is about civil, not religious, marriage.

Of course they do. Gays make up 4-10% of the population so, of course heterosexuals engage in anal and oral sex more than gays do. Ya'll also buy more sex toys than "the gheys" too. It's okay. Sex is only dirty and messy if you're doing it right...and as the Chink says..."if it's messy, eat it over the sink."

God has nothing to do with the conversation since the discussion is about civil, not religious, marriage.

The form of marriage you decribe doesn't sound "civil" in the least.

And your problem is you believe sex isn't learned. And you wouldn't know that you had an adversion to chocolate unless you tried it at least once ...

Am i reading you right? So you're also implying that you wouldn't know that you had an aversion to gay sex unless you tried it at least once???

So do you have an aversion to gay sex?

Have you tried it at least once???

If not, then how would you know you have an aversion to it?

:D

No. I have never had such an experiance and it will never happen. I am married and have a child. I'm saying that a drunk doesn't become a drunk by not drinking. And such is apples and oranges, but drunks usually are folks who started drinking to get drunk. This becomes habitual and the body begins to crave the alcohol. In the case of homosexuality the person craves friendship and wants to fit in. With boys it is with other boys. and with girls it is with other girls. The boy that doesn't fit in begins to crave any male affection. He begins to think himself an outcast. He sees a nice looking guy and wishes he was liked and accepted. The jump from this point is very easy, as any guy who feels the same need will be a draw. The teen grows into a man but the desires stay inmature and insecurities remain childlike. The homosexual becomes either overtly "macho" to compensate, or assumes a subordinate role as the "victim" and clinging vine. It is enough that God calls it a sin that makes me abhor the act and flee as Joseph did from Potiphar's wife. It is wrong according to God and that is enough... Sin is like a ladder. One needs only slowly decend one rung at a time.

"No. I have never had such an experiance and it will never happen." So then how do you know you have an aversion to gay sex?

And from what evidence do you support your above theories? How many gays have you talked with who told you it all started because they "craved friendship and wanted to fit in"? How many gays told you they began to think of themseves as an outcast? How many told you they saw a "nice looking guy and wished he was liked and accepted"? There are about 7 billion people in the world; roughly at the very least, 2% of them are gay or bisexual. to get an accurate assessment of what gays as a whole normally think and how they became gay; someone would have had to talk to a very large sampling of them; thousands of them. How many have you talked with who told you all these things?

What survey or poll, or psychological/sociological data have you drawn from for your above conclusions???

You have done none of those things; hence your opinion is based upon your own misguided prejudices, biases, and irrational assumptions. So.....

'scuze me while i raise this thing here.... :bsflag:

:)

The form of marriage you decribe doesn't sound "civil" in the least.

Clearly you're confusing the word "civil" with "dull".

Straight people do not engage in those "things" MORE that homosexuals do. That is an illogical remark. Many married couples (particularly religious) feel that such forms of sexual activity are a debasing of that person they love. They engage in sex and enjoy it (and if they have children --- so be it), but not the kind that is all that is left for homosexuals to accomplish.

I beg to differ: This from the Kinsey Institute:

There is enormous variability in the sexual repertoires of U.S. adults, with more than 40 combinations of sexual activity described at adults’ most recent sexual event. NSSHB, 2010

Adult men and women rarely engage in just one sex act when they have sex. NSSHB, 2010

While vaginal intercourse is still the most common sexual behavior reported by adults, many sexual events do not involve intercourse and include only partnered masturbation or oral sex. NSSHB, 2010

Half or more of women ages 18 to 39 reported giving or receiving oral sex in the past 90 days. NSSHB, 2010

Receptive oral sex is reported by more than half of women who are in a co-habitating relationship between the ages of 18 and 69. It was also reported by more than half of women cohabitation between ages 18 and 49, and more than half of married women ages 30-39.NSSHB, 2010

A similar pattern was found for women performing oral sex. NSSHB, 2010

For most age groups of women, perceeived health status was significantly associated with having performed oral sex in the past 90 days. NSSHB, 2010

The majority of women age 18-49 report vaginal intercourse in the past 90 days. NSSHB, 2010

Partnered women in all age groups are significantly more likely to report recent vaginal intercourse, and the gap between partnered and nonpartnered women's reports of vaginal intercourse increased with age. NSSHB, 2010

Although anal intercourse is reported by fewer women than other partnered sex behaviors, it is not rare. NSSHB, 2010

Partnered women in the ages groups between 18-49 are significantly more likely to report having anal sex in the past 90 days. NSSHB, 2010

As for what your god tells you to do, that's cool, feel free to obey him. However, do you feel you should have to obey the Muslim god? The Hindu gods? Probably not. Then why do you think non-Christians should have to obey your god?

Do you wish for a theocracy in the United States?

Maybe you should think about it more before you make your bed...:eusa_hand:

Why? I don't think about anal sex as much as you do. I bow to your resident expertise.

If you are gay, you've thought about it. Handshakes are not the homosexual activity.

If you've posted on this thread and talked about anal sex; you have thought about it. You've posted quite abit about it, hence you have thought about it alot.

I think that is (and you possibly are) curious.

No. I have never had such an experiance and it will never happen. I am married and have a child. I'm saying that a drunk doesn't become a drunk by not drinking. And such is apples and oranges, but drunks usually are folks who started drinking to get drunk. This becomes habitual and the body begins to crave the alcohol. In the case of homosexuality the person craves friendship and wants to fit in. With boys it is with other boys. and with girls it is with other girls. The boy that doesn't fit in begins to crave any male affection. He sees a nice looking guy and wishes he was liked and accepted. The jump from this point is very easy, as any guy who feels the same need will be a draw. The teen grow into a man but the desires stay inmature and insecurities remain childlike. The homosexual becomes either overtly "macho" to compensate, or assumes a subordinate role as the "victim"and clinging vine. It is enough that God calls it a sin that makes me abhore the act and flee as Joseph did from Potipher's wife. It is wrong and that is enough...

I don't know about that. I don't think being gay is any kind of deformity or something not working right. it just how people are wired for preference. just like you look at a member of the opposite sex and have feelings you can't control, a gay person has those same feelings with people of the same sex. its all a matter of attraction. its not like a gay person is just hooking up with any person because they happen to be gay too. there has to be the personal and physical attraction just like with a heterosexual person.
There is a great push today to sow one's oats to prove one's manhood. Among girls it is to have a man at her shoulder. The painful thing is when the male is rejected or laughed at, or the girl is used and rejected. This only compounds the problem. Had the young man studied and waited until he was out of school and working and mature the wiring is less likely to get screwed up. The boy thinks he is a Poindexter, or a knothead or not masculine enough. The same goes for the lady who is reinforced with feeling of being ugly, too skinny or fat. Oddly enough, the US government is spending money to find out why Lesbians tend to be obese (how to waste taxpayer money without even trying). If she is hurt in love she will dodge such encounters and seek after someone who is sympathetic to her plight and she will find her with ease. She will seek to be mothered and be told what to do or dominate and instruct and direct... Had the girl only waited for Mister Right, and focused on character and honesty her wiring would not be messed up. I can honestly say that most geeks bloom later and blossom longer than their drug snorting, drinking, smoking, sexually active peers...

Your theory is "rejection turns a person gay" Cause and effect.

What facts do you base this theory upon? So you're making the claim that gays have been rejected more times than straights. How did you make this determination? How many gays have you talked with? how many times or how often were they rejected? How many straights have you talked with? how many times or how often were they rejected?

Your theory lacks even a shred of fact, logic, and common sense.

And BTW, it's a pretty safe bet that there has always been a "great push to sow one's oats to prove one's manhood."

This Guy Delivers A Couple Knockout Punches To The 'Rick Santorums' Of The World

For those of you keeping score at home:
[0:19] He tells us one thing you can probably blame gay people for.
[0:51] Dismantles the insidious “blame the gays for AIDS argument.”
[1:32] Gives us a surgeon general warning that would make lesbians very happy.
[2:00] He takes down another terrible anti-gay argument.
[3:00] And another one...
[4:30] He cuts the "Pat Robertsons" of the world down to size.
[5:00] He rests his case.
[6:00] He tries, and fails, to put a condom on a football ... for no apparent reason.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3uMayauVTuA]Risky Lifestyle? - John Corvino - YouTube[/ame]

rape-gods-will.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by LittleNipper

Straight people do not engage in those "things" MORE that homosexuals do. That is an illogical remark. Many married couples (particularly religious) feel that such forms of sexual activity are a debasing of that person they love. They engage in sex and enjoy it (and if they have children --- so be it), but not the kind that is all that is left for homosexuals to accomplish.

From the CDC:

cdc_zps6ab694a0.jpg

From the CDC:

cdc_zps6ab694a0.jpg

LittleNipples does it fully clothed, in the dark and only missionary

From the CDC:

cdc_zps6ab694a0.jpg

I'm surprised at the number of heterosexuals who have engaged in anal sex.

I was just spitballing, but seeing the actual numbers is interesting to say the least.

o-SEX-TOYS-PER-CAPITA-570.jpg

The purpose is something the OP or the Conservative Nanny Government doesn't get to decide. The purpose is decided by two consenting adults - who shall be judged by God not by a radical rightwing nutjob who wants to post a government agent at the foot of every bed.

:clap2:

Right. Following this reasoning any two people that are in a plantonic realinship should be allowed to be married just for the benifits.

It's what marriage means to society that's important. Marriage is a sacred institution that exist to support the foundation of a family, which is a relationship between a man and a woman.

The purpose is something the OP or the Conservative Nanny Government doesn't get to decide. The purpose is decided by two consenting adults - who shall be judged by God not by a radical rightwing nutjob who wants to post a government agent at the foot of every bed.

:clap2:

Right. Following this reasoning any two people that are in a plantonic realinship should be allowed to be married just for the benifits.

Do you honestly believe that isn't happening now? Could you really see people outside of a sitcom or Adam Sandler movie pretending to be gay just to get benefits? Why would they need to when they could find plenty of members of the opposite sex to marry for the bennies.

Do you realize that NONE of ya'll "arguments" even scratch the surface of being logical?

It's what marriage means to society that's important. Marriage is a sacred institution that exist to support the foundation of a family, which is a relationship between a man and a woman.

Except in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Maryland, Washington, the District of Columbia, the Coquille Indian Tribe, the Suquamish tribe and the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.

:lol: You've lost the war. We're are and will continue to get married.

Do you honestly believe that isn't happening now? Could you really see people outside of a sitcom or Adam Sandler movie pretending to be gay just to get benefits? Why would they need to when they could find plenty of members of the opposite sex to marry for the bennies.

Do you realize that NONE of ya'll "arguments" even scratch the surface of being logical?

Except in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Maryland, Washington, the District of Columbia, the Coquille Indian Tribe, the Suquamish tribe and the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.

:lol: You've lost the war. We're are and will continue to get married.

The war isn't over until Judgment Day. And that outcome is unchangable. What prophet is it to a man to gain the entire world but lose his own soul?:(

Did I say it isn't happening now? I said following his logic any couple, gay or straight should be able to do it. The point is - he's undermining the societal meaning of marriage by placing all the siginificance on each individuals abstract meaning of marriage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back