What is the purpose of marriage?

Marriage is an invention of man. Adam and Eve weren't married. And Adam got them booted out of Eden for having sex with the woman, which was against god's orders.

Who told you that?

God blessed at least four childless BIBLE couples with a child.

Aren't all couples childless until they have a child? At which point they aren't childless anymore. A woman that has a hysterectomy and can't have children, she and her husband adopt a child - they are not childless anymore.

>>>>

God had nothing to do with Homosexuality except allowing man to invent it. 1st A gay relationship is not the foundation marriage was founded on. And the former married couple has already proven that they can live heterosexually. 2nd Infertile couples don't know/imagine they are infertile until after marriage. And infertility is not always permanent. Who knows? 3rd I do care about non religious, unsaved couples ---- otherwise I wouldn't bother to reponsed or care to debate the issue. And that is very Christ-like even if I do say so myself.

A man that has had a vasectomy - knows he's infertile, yet can still Civilly Marry.

A woman that has had a hysterectomy - knows she's infertile, yet can still Civilly Marry.

A woman that has aged out of child bearing years through menopause - knows she's infertile, yet can still Civilly Marry.

There are states in the union where couples are required to show proof of infertility before they are allowed to Civilly Marry.

>>>>

Little-Acorn said:
What is the purpose of marriage?
To examine the purpose of marriage, you'ds have to go back to when it was first invented. And that was a long time ago. Maybe as far back as cave-man days?

Caveman days? The rest of your post made very little sense, unless people buy your premises
No one has refuted any of them in 70-plus posts. Nothing but the usual insults, smears, vague denials, and frantic attempts to change the subject. So it looks like people DO buy them.

I guess this is your way of saying that the post made good sense. Thanks for the support! :eusa_angel:
People here are not in MENSA. :eusa_shhh: And many threads go far past 70 posts where nothing is said or misrepresentations and imbecilic thoughts get posted

and please do not alter my posts in that way. I commented upon part of your post, not the whole gibberish bullshit.

Last edited:
Who? Where? Provide some proof, liar.

you add little to nothing.

And your whining like a little bitch just adds so much... :eusa_whistle:

ssohtheirony.png

Your 1stnsentence argues is that as long as a gay couple or straight widow and widower have had children before in previous marriages, there is no problem with them getting married. They've done their part by populating already. 2nd sentence is a deflection, you never actually answered about those who are infertile. Should it be illegal for them to marry, yes or no? Your last 2 sentences seem to be saying as long as a couple is a "bible" couple cool, but you don't give a rat's ass about non-bible couples and gays. Very christ-like of you. maybe you need a weeeee bit more praying for guidance.:eusa_pray:

God had nothing to do with Homosexuality except allowing man to invent it. 1st A gay relationship is not the foundation marriage was founded on. And the former married couple has already proven that they can live heterosexually. 2nd Infertile couples don't know/imagine they are infertile until after marriage. And infertility is not always permanent. Who knows? 3rd I do care about non religious, unsaved couples ---- otherwise I wouldn't bother to reponsed or care to debate the issue. And that is very Christ-like even if I do say so myself.

Marriage is an invention of man. Adam and Eve weren't married. And Adam got them booted out of Eden for having sex with the woman, which was against god's orders. Sounds pretty gay to me.

God created Adam and Eve. They were booted out for eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It had nothing to do with sex.

There is no evidence that there is a God, and certainly no evidence he created anyone.

There is more evidence for the existance of God than there is that you exist. And scientists cannot create living organism from inert substances, what makes you think a mindless universe could.

There is no evidence that there is a God, and certainly no evidence he created anyone.

There is more evidence for the existance of God than there is that you exist. And scientists cannot create living organism from inert substances, what makes you think a mindless universe could.

We didn't get here because God created man and woman. Ever heard of evolution?

prove it mr. Poppycock! You might wish to grow up and quit talking like some high school brat.

aaaaaaah i see you can dish it but you can't take definite sign of a republican

and the poppycock keeps coming ... So seawytch this person is saying that your marriage and you relationship is artificial ... That your not really in love .. Its just you fantasizing ... Imagine that ...

Having "sex" is not love. The act of having sex or not, is a choice (unless rape is involved). And the the act of selection with whom one is willing to have sex is a choice. AND the way one indulges in the act of sexual fantasy or not is a choice. Do you really believe that there is only one person in the world any one person can get married to and have sex with? I believe God does lead some to a certain someone through prayer and supplication, but I am not silly enough to believe that had other choices been made, other partners likely would have been the outcome. However, I am very much happy, content, and committed to the lady I married (even if I was not happy and contented all the time --- who is).

And actually, I feel that the person who has chosen to engage in homosexual behavior might have been a very good "husband " or "wife" / "father" or "mother" had they made other choices in youth. And one would have been to abstain until one felt a leading to start a family in a committed marriage relationship. Another would be to not treat sex as an extra-curricular activity to be indulged in whenever and with whomever is willing for the thrill-of-it-all joy ride. And another would be to look at the heart of an individual and not his or her outward attractivness. What one thinks, their character, honesty, intergrity, mommy/daddy material ---------------- really has very little to do with their sensuality and so much more with their spirituality... None of this is found in GQ, PLAY BOY, or some sexual video/youtube exhibition.

Finally, I consider myself a CONSERVATIVE. I do not view Republicans as conservative. They allow the Democrats to make the dumb mistakes, and then expect everyone to live with those mistakes --- all the while telling everyone that they had nothing to do with the mistakes the Republicans expect us to continue to live with. The perfect example is New Jersey's Sales Tax. The rises from NONE to 2%, 4%, 6% and 7% are always blamed on the Democrats. And yet when the Republicans gain office they have never REVERSED this trend. We just live with it. When Bible and prayer were removed from public schools, nothing was done to put the public schools back into the communities hands. So, I do see your mistakes, values and opinions as the indirect result of indulging humanistic values (allowed to run wild in the education system) without any form of spiritual counter balance to consider. Martin Luther was right.

:drills:

Last edited:

We didn't get here because God created man and woman. Ever heard of evolution?

And we evolved from want exactly? Living things have never been proven to originate from any inanimate object.

Forum List

Back