What is the scope of your religious freedom as a business?

Where in the constitution does it say you can discriminate against people using your religion?

The Constitution restricts GOVERNMENT, not people (except in two cases).
So why do you think practicing your religion in the public sector and discriminating is protected?

because they gay people can go to another baker to get their cake. That doesn't require government to intervene and ruin a person who doesn't want to go along.
BS The governent sets up rules and the businesses have to abide by them or close up shop.

Again, your inner fascist showing through. How about we get government to start banning useless twats such as yourself from posting on forums?
I agree with that but it would affect you not me.

Forced to do what?

How does baking a cake violate the tenets of any religion?

And will these oh so holy people apply this refusal to all people who sin or just some people who sin?

IDGAF if people refuse to serve someone I just want them to be honest and consistent.

The problem contained in your question is that religions aren't 'official' or based on specific identiable sets of beliefs.

Your religion, essentially, is whatever you want to call your religion.
Not entirely. Usually there has to be some consistent tenets etc.

and the oh so holy people can't pick and choose the tenets they follow right?

Surely if baking a cake for a gay person is a sin then baking one for an adulterer is a sin, a thief? a murderer?

Seems to me with all the sinners that baker sells to his soul is already damned to hell so why not make a little money on a gay wedding cake

I believe a person is free to decide what is morally acceptable to them.

I agree. It's sad that this is such a radical concept.
If you are citing a religious text for your justification then you do not have the right to pick and choose which tenets you follow that in itself is a sin is it not?

They are not being forced. They have options. If they dont want to do it then they should close their business. I could give two fucks about religious people that think everyone should follow their rules.

That is not an option, but it is a convenient view for an vindictive twat such as yourself. But you get to hide behind the logic of "its the government doing it, not me" making you a cowardly vindictive twat as well.
You should look up the meaning of option so you dont look so uneducated.

When the option is either go against ones morals or go out of buisiness, it is not an option, it is a diktat.
Going out of business is a course of action that can be chosen. That is the very definition of an option. Look it up so you dont look so lost when talking with adults.

its a non option. Again either way you get to jack off to screwing over a religious person, as well as a person who doesn't agree with you. Vindictive twat.
The dictionary is your friend. Its an option. You may not like it but that has nothing to do with the meaning.

You lose your right to practice your religion when the government has a good reason to take away that right.

Discriminating in a business is a good reason.

In the case of a non-essential, easily replaceable service, no, it isn't.

Yes, you do
You start a business and you have to comply with applicable laws

Is this law not applicable, virus?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Religion is still subject to complying with the laws of the land

Congress shall make no law.

what part of that is difficult to understand?

the government has no right to infringe on our conscience.

why are you so insecure with your beliefs that you feel the need to force others to agree with you?

if we aren't free to practice our religion in our business how are we free? You whine if we don't follow our religion and then you whine if we do. I wish you hypocrites would figure out what you want.

Congress is not making a law regarding the establishment of a religion. They are regulating commerce
This is probably the only thing on which I agree with you.

I could claim hiring Christians offends my pagan beliefs because Christians killed millions of pagans.

But I would never get away with it.

I fail to see how baking a cake is participating in a wedding anyway. The baker who made my cake did not attend the wedding

I fail to see how baking a cake is participating in a wedding anyway. The baker who made my cake did not attend the wedding
Exactly.

My mother used to bake cakes and I used to help her deliver them and set them up at the reception hall usually hours before the reception

well according to you the store owner has to provide whatever perverted cake the customer demands....so i guess he has none...
Thats what happens when you are in business. You provide what the customer asks for. If you dont want the customer do a crappy job and they wont be back.

so the baker must provide a customer with any kind of cake they demand......? i don't think so...
Not any kind. If your business makes wedding cakes they you have to make the wedding cake.
but gay wedding cakes are a different kind than regular wedding cakes....
No they arent. Its just a wedding cake.
you're wrong...there are two plastic men on top instead of one man and one woman.....that will throw off the baker's count of his plastic people...he'll be short a plastic man for the next cake...lol

the law only provides an avenue for protest....it does not mean that just selling a basic wedding cake to gays will be stopped....the baker has to prove in court that it will substantially affect his belief system....this usually is when the baker is required to 'gayly' decorate the cake and deliver to the wedding site and thus participate in the gay wedding preparations ....not just the simple sale of a standard wedding cake over the counter to a customer at large...

so there is no real reason here for the hysterics being hyped by the gay mafia and the scumbag press....

You should look up the meaning of option so you dont look so uneducated.

When the option is either go against ones morals or go out of buisiness, it is not an option, it is a diktat.
Going out of business is a course of action that can be chosen. That is the very definition of an option. Look it up so you dont look so lost when talking with adults.

its a non option. Again either way you get to jack off to screwing over a religious person, as well as a person who doesn't agree with you. Vindictive twat.
The dictionary is your friend. Its an option. You may not like it but that has nothing to do with the meaning.

It is not a viable option, you horse-fucker.
Its a viable option. You just dont happen to like it. Tough.

Those are all dumb questions, RW. Have you been thinking again?
Dumb questions? Really?

Doctor refuses to treat baby of lesbian parents because they re gay.

Obviously the doctor was wrong and can be sued for discrimination. What is there to debate?

How can the doctor be discriminating when these are hard held religious beliefs?

What religion tells you can't treat a gay patient? Answer: no religion

Slippery slope fallacy

What religion tells you that you can't bake a cake for a gay wedding?

False equivalence

The baker is being asked to contribute to an unholy ceremony that is in conflict with his/her religion. The doctor treating a gay person isn't comparable.

It shouldn't be an "option" at all. The government should just leave them the hell alone.

Horse fucker.
Well it is an option. Not interested in your interpretation of the facts.

Exactly.

My mother used to bake cakes and I used to help her deliver them and set them up at the reception hall usually hours before the reception

Plus, the reception is not the wedding

The wedding takes place beforehand. I fail to see how baking a cake and dropping it off at a reception hall violates anyones religious freedom

Exactly.

Maybe you're not participating but you are directly contributing to the wedding are you not?

It shouldn't be an "option" at all. The government should just leave them the hell alone.

Horse fucker.

Kind of like death by firing squad or injection is an "option" in Utah?

Horse fucker.
Almost like that but no death involved.

Obviously the doctor was wrong and can be sued for discrimination. What is there to debate?

How can the doctor be discriminating when these are hard held religious beliefs?

Slippery slope fallacy

False equivalence

The baker is being asked to contribute to an unholy ceremony that is in conflict with his/her religion. The doctor treating a gay person isn't comparable.

In each case, someone is being required to compromise religious values, There are many more religious sanctions against atheists and adulterers. Yet the bakery doesn't seem to have a policy against making cakes for them

Exactly.

Maybe you're not participating but you are directly contributing to the wedding are you not?
Not if you close up your business.

Horse fucker.

Kind of like death by firing squad or injection is an "option" in Utah?

Horse fucker.
Almost like that but no death involved.

Its the same concept. When your only two options are bad, its not really an option, its mandatory.

Slippery slope fallacy

False equivalence

In each case, someone is being required to compromise religious values, There are many more religious sanctions against atheists and adulterers. Yet the bakery doesn't seem to have a policy against making cakes for them

No the doctor is not being required to compromise religious values..

Forum List

Back