CDZ What is to be done with the "homeless?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans shoulda taken this recolonizing and illegal alien zhit seriously 50 years ago .

Last edited:
Besides, we have lots better uses for jails, like incarcerating the bad guys.

You are missing the point: Bringing them into the criminal justice system is the only way to coerce them into acceptable behavior.

The idea that they would like to be in jail is pure BS.

but arrest them and put them where , and then feed and house them i suppose and do some dental work for pain control or regular 'dialysis' on them eh . Sounds like 'heaven' for many homeless i'd imagine eh [chuckle] .

but arrest them and put them where , and then feed and house them i suppose and do some dental work for pain control or regular 'dialysis' on them eh . Sounds like 'heaven' for many homeless i'd imagine eh [chuckle] .

Why are you so opposed to anything that might actually work? Are you afraid of losing your talking points?

I hate to interrupt a thread in mid agenda but, anyone remember ever having get to vote for their state/city being made a sanctuary for illegal aliens? Shouldn't we the local constituency actually get to frame what we want, then we get to vote on it? Isn't that what democracy is about?
------------------------ Sorry to say it but its much too Late for any of that MaryL .
Its never to late. But I understand. Given the current liberal popular zeitgeist. Hating white western culture is what neurotic liberal rich whites do. Frankly, I hate self hating white rich white elitists, too.

I hate to interrupt a thread in mid agenda but, anyone remember ever having get to vote for their state/city being made a sanctuary for illegal aliens? Shouldn't we the local constituency actually get to frame what we want, then we get to vote on it? Isn't that what democracy is about?
------------------------ Sorry to say it but its much too Late for any of that MaryL .
Its never to late. But I understand. Given the current liberal popular zeitgeist. Hating white western culture is what neurotic liberal rich whites do. Frankly, I hate self hating white rich elitists, too.

Why are you so opposed to anything that might actually work? Are you afraid of losing your talking points?
------------------------- its just my thinking JWoodie . Go ahead and jail them , i don't care but i just don't see that as being effective or ineffective . Seems to me that jail for the homeless might just be a vacation from living on the street and in the mud JWoodie .

course , i don't know what jail is like but i think that the jailed are fed 3 times a day , sleep on some kinda bed , have showers and toilets , some recreation , some healthcare , a little store or jail commissary , maybe a job , maybe some tv . Yeah , i don't know what jail is like JWoody

Given that homelessness is a national problem it's only right that local D.C. government build high-rise apartment blocks and allow those who otherwise would be homeless to move in and take root. There is no better place where their being seen wandering about every day might impress those in government.

Watching the LA video makes clear that exposure is one of the problems. This same exposure, as in the video, did not make any difference to those who have "real" homes, they still complained of the homeless as eye pain, which is the flip-side of fascism. The exposure itself is the fascism when it comes face-to-face with a capitalist value system. What is the value at the point of exchange of the tiny home that gives psychological relief and well-being?

Its never to late. But I understand. Given the current liberal popular zeitgeist. Hating white western culture is what neurotic liberal rich whites do. Frankly, I hate self hating white rich elitists, too.
--------------------------------- my thinking is , we have a country of about 310 million of legal census counted residents in 2010 and then millions of uncounted illegal resident in 2010 and STILL some people on the board want more Immigration just so long as some government authority working for taxpayer money vets them as i roll my eyes MaryL . [remember 'ilham omar and that 'talib' chick as properly vetted MaryL ]

It's telling when we are more concerned with giving sanctuary to people avoiding federal immigration law than our own poor here and now, and giving our own poor and needy help above and beyond foreign nationals of questionable immigration status. We have this huge homeless jobless issue, but "WE" give sanctuary to illegal aliens. Americans, the homeless camp in our streets but "politicians" say they speak for US? Who is US, anyway?

It's telling when we are more concerned with giving sanctuary to people avoiding federal immigration law than our own poor here and now, and giving our own poor and needy help above and beyond foreign nationals of questionable immigration status. We have this huge homeless jobless issue, but "WE" give sanctuary to illegal aliens. Americans, the homeless camp in our streets but "politicians" say they speak for US? Who is US, anyway?
equal protection of the law could solve this problem for US poor. the right wing has a problem with it.

Cities with a lot of homeless often have a policy against arresting the homeless for vagrancy because it takes police away from more important work, is costly, and has no long term benefit.

And it's working so well, isn't it?
It certainly is. Cops are patrolling the area preventing and investigating real crimes instead of arresting, transporting, and providing free room and board for the homeless.

A newspaper in my hometown ran a story about two cop on patrol arresting and transporting 4 homeless guys. While doing that, a man two blocks down the street from the arrest chased his wife and neighbor down the street killing both of them. After the article ran, the city did some investigating and found that it not only took the police off the streets for several hours but the cost of jailing, processing, court time, and legal fees cost the city over $5,000. A month later the 4 homeless guys were all back on same streets. The city no longer arrests the homeless for vagrancy. The cops leave them alone as long as they don't hassle people, block store entrances, panhandle or sleep on the streets.

Besides, we have lots better uses for jails, like incarcerating the bad guys.

You are missing the point: Bringing them into the criminal justice system is the only way to coerce them into acceptable behavior.

The idea that they would like to be in jail is pure BS.
What acceptable behavior? The streets are their home and have been for years. Giving a person that sleeps in doorways, under bushes in the rain, and on park benches free room and board for a month is not going to rehabilitate them.

equal protection of the law could solve this problem for US poor. the right wing has a problem with it.
Our beloved Constitution says nobody is above the law. Presidents down to people sneaking in or people that make buku bucks of illegal aliens. And particularly when the people that exploit illegals make neoslavery seem so humanitarian it's the same ol same ol.

Our beloved Constitution says nobody is above the law. Presidents down to people sneaking in or people that make buku bucks of illegal aliens. And particularly when the people that exploit illegals make neoslavery seem so humanitarian it's the same ol same ol.
Not presidents, and not Congressional representatives, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back