What is Trump hiding? Where are his Tax Returns

Are you playing stupid or are you really genuinely stupid? Do you actually, in fact, don't know or perceive the difference between college records and speech transcripts and a legal document such as a tax return? Do you not understand the difference between tax returns, which have been traditionally released by Presidential candidates, and the stuff you are demanding, which has never been released by Presidential candidates?

easy is legally stupid .. as is the majority of Trump supporters.

Really? If I was in a situation where I needed to use the "Call A friend" option to answer a question, I would pick Easyt65 over you ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday. You don't have a fucking clue as to how the banking system works, you know nothing about the real history of this country including the 16th amendment, how the SCOTUS ruled on more than one occasion that the un-ratified 16th amendment did not give "da gubermint" no new taxing powers. You know nothing about the CAFR or composite "gubermint" wealth. You are the fucking clueless one...as stupid as a sheep and that goes for all your leftard pals as well. The income tax goes to pay interest to a central bank that creates money out of nothing and it is our labor that moves this valueless paper. It's the biggest scam ever and the Grace Report that Reagan had done proves that our taxes do not provide even 1 percent of what "da gubermint" spends....not that they need it because the bankers that own this country have been skimming off the top since the Bretton Woods agreement and using our money to invest. I hope Donald Trump or anyone else that works for a living can scam the collection arm of the IMF which you know as the I.R.S which is incorporated in Puerto Rico and is Trust #62.

Fact of the matter is, you don't have the slightest clue....your teeny, tiny brain would blew a gasket if you knew the things I do. The Constitution was kicked to the curb and a corporate constitution took it's place and it's nothing but a corporate charter. You have been gamed...we all have but stupid fucks like you are worried that someone might not be paying "their fair share".
You don't even have a clue on what that even means.....so many STUPID people....so little time (sigh)

yeah, but you're an idiot.

Siete (after getting his ass thoroughly kicked to the cyber curb) rises off of the cyber canvas to deliver this beauty of a response......."yeah but you're an idiot".....he can't refute one fucking thing and the only arrow in his quiver is an insult.......typical leftard. (snicker)

Just a quick hint. "(snicker)" makes you look like a douche.

Being considered a "douche" by the likes of you carries no sting at all. I can't think of a single scenario in which I would EVER want to curry favor with a sorry piece of shit like you...not a one. If you don't feel insulted after I bust you into bite size pieces, it wasn't due to a lack of effort. Hope this helps!!! (snicker)

So you admit it's none of your business, and Trump does not have to comply with the whiny liberal demands. Thank you.
Yes easy it's not the law but if you think people won't think the worst you're a fool Every President or hopeful has done so What is drump hiding??

What business is it of yours? What does the revealing of personal taxes prove when becoming a President? How does a tax return make a better or worse President?

You are wrong, not every Presidential hopeful has done so, it started in the 60's.

Should everyone release their taxes, if they don't, everyone could be hiding something. OMG!

Every Presidential candidate should release their tax returns.

Fact check: Trump’s tax returns

Donald Trump said “there’s nothing to learn” from his tax returns, but experts say there’s plenty to learn from presidential candidates’ tax returns, including sources of income, effective tax rates, charitable giving habits and more.

[...]

But voters learn several pieces of information from candidates’ tax returns.

Roberton Williams, the Sol Price fellow at the nonpartisan Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, told us that there are three things we could learn from Trump’s tax returns: details about where he gets his income and how much it is; “how he’s structuring his income for tax purposes”; and what kind of deductions he takes, including charitable giving. If Trump had overseas income or foreign bank accounts, for instance, that information would be on his tax return.

Jeremy Scott, editor in chief of the commentary and analysis products for the nonprofit Tax Analysts, told us in a phone interview that it was “strange for Trump to say you don’t learn anything,” when just four years ago, Romney’s effective tax rate, revealed through his tax returns, was a significant issue. (In fact, Romney’s 14% effective tax rate in 2010, due to most of his income coming from dividends and capital gains, became fodder for Obama campaign attack ads.)

Scott told us that ever since President Richard Nixon released his returns in 1973, the candidate’s returns have been “a form of checking on how a candidate conducts his financial affairs.” Conflicts of interest can be exposed, as well as how a candidates’ individual tax policy squares with his proposals.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, said Scott, pushed the idea of paying your fair share, but his returns — released by his presidential library after he was in office — show he was “actually very aggressive at trying to minimize his own taxes.”

The Tax Analysts’ Tax History Project is compiling an online archive of candidates’ returns. Project Director Joseph J. Thorndike wrote in a May 12 blog post on taxnotes.com that beyond an effective tax rate, “[r]eturns can shed light on the way a candidate lives his life. It can tell us about charitable giving as well as personal borrowing and investment activity. Returns can also illuminate the complicated business arrangements that often provide the bulk of a candidate’s income, especially for a real estate mogul like Trump.”

And the returns also “tell us a lot about how candidates conduct themselves in the gray areas of the tax law,” Thorndike wrote. “Some items on a tax return are black and white, like the income reported on a W-2. But other items, especially for someone with lots of non-salary business income, are open to debate and interpretation.”

Trump’s comments also prompted Time magazine to outline “5 Interesting Things We Learned From Presidential Tax Returns,” including: Obama gave sizable charitable contributions to his controversial pastor; Romney had an unusually high IRA balance; and President George H.W. Bush gave nearly 62% of his 1991 income to charity.

So you personally read over every Presidential hopefuls tax return. Have you personally looked over Clinton's tax returns? What did that tell you about her?

Is Trump releasing his tax returns going to sway you to vote for him?

No but it may sway independents to not vote for him. It’s called persuasion. And not releasing them tells independents the he is definitely hiding something….

His choice, of course. Why you support someone who is not willing to fulfill his commitments….that is your problem.

Who am I supporting that is not willing to fulfill his commitments and what commitments are you talking about?

I don't think that's really the point. To me, the point is why is he not releasing them? Why should he get special treatment? All other candidates release them to the public, and he should too. We already know he is obviously hiding something and he is a sleaze. Looking like he is hiding something just confirms that.

He isn't required to. He is getting no special treatment, he made a decision to go against a silly tradition that started in the 60s.

If it was required by law to release your taxes then he should. I would feel the same if Clinton didn't want to release his taxes.

I think the tradition is silly, I am a liberal in that area.

you have your opinion which I fully respect ... why is it you refuse to respect others opinions?

Where did I say I didn't respect your opinion? I would feel the same if it were Clinton. It's a tradition, based on nothing.

But it's not based on nothing. In this thread we've talked about what is revealed in tax returns and the level playing field, since all serious candidates since Nixon have revealed theirs it's a nice way to contrast, compare and see if they put their money where their mouths are.

We learned that Romney didn't pay his fair share, it hurt him. We learned that the Obamas and now the Clintons do. I'm very curious how Trump handles his money, how much he ships offshore and how little he pays in actual taxes as I don't think his income is as high as he wants us to believe.

$3,000,000 given in charity and it hurt Romney, Gore giving $100 in charity didn't hurt him.

If the roles were reversed and it was Clinton, you would be defending her.

Romney's problem was he paid too little in taxes.

But, what you are really saying is tax returns only hurt Republicans and therefore let's stop releasing them. You're argument is highly partisan.

He isn't required to. He is getting no special treatment, he made a decision to go against a silly tradition that started in the 60s.

If it was required by law to release your taxes then he should. I would feel the same if Clinton didn't want to release his taxes.

Where and to who his investments were made ,,where he received monies from ,,who did he pay off ,,who paid him what deductions did he take ??? All silly to ask for from the perhaps leader of America ,,the free world??

Who cares? It is not required by law to release your personal tax records. If this were Clinton not releasing the records, you would be siding with her or not saying a word. I would side with Clinton. She shouldn't release her speech transcripts.

If it was the law to release your tax records, then I would say Trump needs to release them, the idea that people force candidates to release their taxes because of a silly tradition is stupid.

You are correct, Trump doesn't have to release his tax returns, unfortunately for you nobody is saying he is required to so your argument is kind of off the mark, buddy.

Yep and no one has based their choice based on a tax return. So you have no argument.

Oh, how do you know?

Prove that someone has.

Really? If I was in a situation where I needed to use the "Call A friend" option to answer a question, I would pick Easyt65 over you ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday. You don't have a fucking clue as to how the banking system works, you know nothing about the real history of this country including the 16th amendment, how the SCOTUS ruled on more than one occasion that the un-ratified 16th amendment did not give "da gubermint" no new taxing powers. You know nothing about the CAFR or composite "gubermint" wealth. You are the fucking clueless one...as stupid as a sheep and that goes for all your leftard pals as well. The income tax goes to pay interest to a central bank that creates money out of nothing and it is our labor that moves this valueless paper. It's the biggest scam ever and the Grace Report that Reagan had done proves that our taxes do not provide even 1 percent of what "da gubermint" spends....not that they need it because the bankers that own this country have been skimming off the top since the Bretton Woods agreement and using our money to invest. I hope Donald Trump or anyone else that works for a living can scam the collection arm of the IMF which you know as the I.R.S which is incorporated in Puerto Rico and is Trust #62.

Fact of the matter is, you don't have the slightest clue....your teeny, tiny brain would blew a gasket if you knew the things I do. The Constitution was kicked to the curb and a corporate constitution took it's place and it's nothing but a corporate charter. You have been gamed...we all have but stupid fucks like you are worried that someone might not be paying "their fair share".
You don't even have a clue on what that even means.....so many STUPID people....so little time (sigh)

Siete (after getting his ass thoroughly kicked to the cyber curb) rises off of the cyber canvas to deliver this beauty of a response......."yeah but you're an idiot".....he can't refute one fucking thing and the only arrow in his quiver is an insult.......typical leftard. (snicker)

Being considered a "douche" by the likes of you carries no sting at all. I can't think of a single scenario in which I would EVER want to curry favor with a sorry piece of shit like you...not a one. If you don't feel insulted after I bust you into bite size pieces, it wasn't due to a lack of effort. Hope this helps!!! (snicker)

I only feel insulted in your lack of effort to insult me. Does that work for you?

You would know what one looks like....from looking in the mirror.

Uh-oh, ya got me sinking to your pathetic level...time to put you hypocrites on ignore.

Yes, please do what you guys do when you lose a debate, pretend it didn't happen.

Esyt65 lost what exactly? Only in your little pea-sized brain maybe.....

Where did I say I didn't respect your opinion? I would feel the same if it were Clinton. It's a tradition, based on nothing.

But it's not based on nothing. In this thread we've talked about what is revealed in tax returns and the level playing field, since all serious candidates since Nixon have revealed theirs it's a nice way to contrast, compare and see if they put their money where their mouths are.

We learned that Romney didn't pay his fair share, it hurt him. We learned that the Obamas and now the Clintons do. I'm very curious how Trump handles his money, how much he ships offshore and how little he pays in actual taxes as I don't think his income is as high as he wants us to believe.
Who gives a crap how high hos salary is or how high you think it is. Again, why are libs so ibsessed with other people's money? Mind your own famn business. Stay out of our pockets, our wallets, our bathrooms, and our bedrooms.

Conservatives are the ones that want government so small to fit into the bedrooms and bless all of our marriages dumbfuck.

Drumpf is hiding something in his taxes….we don’t need him to release it to know that he is hiding something. Otherwise the brash billionaire you chose to be your messiah would be happy to show off his wealth…as he has been since he got his first grant from his father.

I mean really. The guy who does nothing but brag about being rich is suddenly not willing to actually show us proof that he is really that rich? C’mon.

Anyway, back on your knees boy, I hear Drumpf has a another load for you.
Trump is hiding something....because another liberal without proof says so. If you did have proof you wouldn't be on this fishing expedition.
Well, it was used as bait when fishing for Romney the last time this crap came up, and it worked. Romney's delay helped him lose and sent him packing. It will do the same to Trump.

Obama won by defining Romney in the minds of voters quite early.

The die is being cast right now that Drumpf is hiding something. The elegance of this trap is that there is no way out of it except to release the tax records. He’ll only get more belligerent and more obstinate as it goes on which creates a louder thud than it would have otherwise.

The surrogates defending Trump cannot offer any logical reason for his not releasing the records since the records are filed with the IRS and there is obviously no downside to releasing records during an audit since…you know…the IRS already has the documents :rofl:

And when they do offer up a defense, it’s easy to shoot it down; making the attempt to obfuscate look even more desperate and ham handed.

Hillary is painting Drumpf with the same brush and so far, it’s a masterpiece.

you have your opinion which I fully respect ... why is it you refuse to respect others opinions?

$3,000,000 given in charity and it hurt Romney, Gore giving $100 in charity didn't hurt him.

If the roles were reversed and it was Clinton, you would be defending her.

Romney's problem was he paid too little in taxes.

But, what you are really saying is tax returns only hurt Republicans and therefore let's stop releasing them. You're argument is highly partisan.

No it isn't, if the situation were reversed I would side with Clinton. It isn't required, neither is releasing college records or other silly crap.

Where and to who his investments were made ,,where he received monies from ,,who did he pay off ,,who paid him what deductions did he take ??? All silly to ask for from the perhaps leader of America ,,the free world??

Who cares? It is not required by law to release your personal tax records. If this were Clinton not releasing the records, you would be siding with her or not saying a word. I would side with Clinton. She shouldn't release her speech transcripts.

If it was the law to release your tax records, then I would say Trump needs to release them, the idea that people force candidates to release their taxes because of a silly tradition is stupid.

You are correct, Trump doesn't have to release his tax returns, unfortunately for you nobody is saying he is required to so your argument is kind of off the mark, buddy.

Yep and no one has based their choice based on a tax return. So you have no argument.

Oh, how do you know?

Prove that someone has.

Didn't you just post that Romney's tax return hurt him?

Next you’ll be telling us that 9/11 was an inside job.

You mean 7/11 don't you?

9/11, 7/11..given his avatar he’ll probably say that the reason he is not in the band 311 is a conspiracy too.

His tin foil hat is on a bit too tight.

Everything I posted is easily verified...but what the fuck, just keep watching MSNBC. I doubt that you have the mental capability to even comprehend the information that you would have to search for. Keep believing in your beloved "corporate "gubermint"....what a stupid fuck...seriously.

So is that a yes…your tinfoil is on too tight?

Yes easy it's not the law but if you think people won't think the worst you're a fool Every President or hopeful has done so What is drump hiding??

What business is it of yours? What does the revealing of personal taxes prove when becoming a President? How does a tax return make a better or worse President?

You are wrong, not every Presidential hopeful has done so, it started in the 60's.

Should everyone release their taxes, if they don't, everyone could be hiding something. OMG!

Donald Trump said “there’s nothing to learn” from his tax returns, but experts say there’s plenty to learn from presidential candidates’ tax returns, including sources of income, effective tax rates, charitable giving habits and more.

[...]

Roberton Williams, the Sol Price fellow at the nonpartisan Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, told us that there are three things we could learn from Trump’s tax returns: details about where he gets his income and how much it is; “how he’s structuring his income for tax purposes”; and what kind of deductions he takes, including charitable giving. If Trump had overseas income or foreign bank accounts, for instance, that information would be on his tax return.

Jeremy Scott, editor in chief of the commentary and analysis products for the nonprofit Tax Analysts, told us in a phone interview that it was “strange for Trump to say you don’t learn anything,” when just four years ago, Romney’s effective tax rate, revealed through his tax returns, was a significant issue. (In fact, Romney’s 14% effective tax rate in 2010, due to most of his income coming from dividends and capital gains, became fodder for Obama campaign attack ads.)

Scott told us that ever since President Richard Nixon released his returns in 1973, the candidate’s returns have been “a form of checking on how a candidate conducts his financial affairs.” Conflicts of interest can be exposed, as well as how a candidates’ individual tax policy squares with his proposals.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, said Scott, pushed the idea of paying your fair share, but his returns — released by his presidential library after he was in office — show he was “actually very aggressive at trying to minimize his own taxes.”

The Tax Analysts’ Tax History Project is compiling an online archive of candidates’ returns. Project Director Joseph J. Thorndike wrote in a May 12 blog post on taxnotes.com that beyond an effective tax rate, “[r]eturns can shed light on the way a candidate lives his life. It can tell us about charitable giving as well as personal borrowing and investment activity. Returns can also illuminate the complicated business arrangements that often provide the bulk of a candidate’s income, especially for a real estate mogul like Trump.”

And the returns also “tell us a lot about how candidates conduct themselves in the gray areas of the tax law,” Thorndike wrote. “Some items on a tax return are black and white, like the income reported on a W-2. But other items, especially for someone with lots of non-salary business income, are open to debate and interpretation.”

Trump’s comments also prompted Time magazine to outline “5 Interesting Things We Learned From Presidential Tax Returns,” including: Obama gave sizable charitable contributions to his controversial pastor; Romney had an unusually high IRA balance; and President George H.W. Bush gave nearly 62% of his 1991 income to charity.

So you personally read over every Presidential hopefuls tax return. Have you personally looked over Clinton's tax returns? What did that tell you about her?

No but it may sway independents to not vote for him. It’s called persuasion. And not releasing them tells independents the he is definitely hiding something….

His choice, of course. Why you support someone who is not willing to fulfill his commitments….that is your problem.

Who am I supporting that is not willing to fulfill his commitments and what commitments are you talking about?

You need a new playbook skippy.

Oh, how do you know?

Prove that someone has.

No, I said he gave $3,000,000 to charity, Gore gave $100 to charity.

Uh-oh, ya got me sinking to your pathetic level...time to put you hypocrites on ignore.

Yes, please do what you guys do when you lose a debate, pretend it didn't happen.

When someone reaches a point in a debate / discussion where they no longer have anything intellectually significant to contribute and are reduced to childish name-calling - as in Siete's case here - they have, for all intents and purposes, surrendered. They are out of 'ammo' in the intellectual battle.

In essence, He SURRENDERED... FORFEITED..Game, set match.

Ending an argument by claiming to put somebody on ignore who you have been incessantly replying to is losing.

I only feel insulted in your lack of effort to insult me. Does that work for you?
Just so long as you are insulted. (snicker)

[...]

You need a new playbook skippy.

I am not supporting Trump or Clinton, I want Sanders, so I'm not sure what you are talking about Cletus. Not sure what fulfill commitment is about.

Oh, how do you know?

Prove that someone has.

No, I said he gave $3,000,000 to charity, Gore gave $100 to charity.

Nope, you said:

$3,000,000 given in charity and it hurt Romney,

What hurt Romney?

Ending an argument by claiming to put somebody on ignore who you have been incessantly replying to is losing.
Wasting time talking to someone who has nothing more to contribute intellectually, just insults, is a 'loss'. You want to do that? YOU talk to Siete.

When someone reaches a point in a debate / discussion where they no longer have anything intellectually significant to contribute and are reduced to childish name-calling - as in Siete's case here - they have, for all intents and purposes, surrendered. They are out of 'ammo' in the intellectual battle.

I'm surprised you can spell intellectual.

I'm surprised you can spell intellectual.
So discovering you are talking to someone intelligent surprises you? You need to hang out with a different crowd if this is rare aroud the people with whom you associate.

Forum List

Back