What is White Privilege?

OK. White privilege exists yet it is no advantage to whites at all. That's some privilege, that white privilege.
Your opinion doesn't count but you are welcome to it!
White people are boxing champions because of white privilege lol.
Yes thats true. After Jack Johnson beat the great white hope they didnt allow Black heavyweights to fight against whites
I see. Are blacks then digressing, since they've been boxing champions for many years?
I agree Blacks have to overcome. Note the use of the word overcome. How does that disprove white privilege?
If Asians can do better than whites despite the system being stacked in whites favor, why can't blacks do better than whites, as well?

Your opinion doesn't count but you are welcome to it!
Yes thats true. After Jack Johnson beat the great white hope they didnt allow Black heavyweights to fight against whites
I see. Are blacks then digressing, since they've been boxing champions for many years?
I agree Blacks have to overcome. Note the use of the word overcome. How does that disprove white privilege?
If Asians can do better than whites despite the system being stacked in whites favor, why can't blacks do better than whites, as well?
Because they are valued higher in this system than Blacks. They didnt have to overcome the things that Blacks had to overcome in this country and they out work whites. However, they are only allowed so far. Whites still own everything. Whites still set the table and offer privilege to their own and others long before offering it to Blacks.

Because they are valued higher in this system than Blacks. They didnt have to overcome the things that Blacks had to overcome in this country and they out work whites. However, they are only allowed so far. Whites still own everything.
If that is true, why can black immigrants do better than their native black American counterparts?

Because they are valued higher in this system than Blacks. They didnt have to overcome the things that Blacks had to overcome in this country and they out work whites. However, they are only allowed so far. Whites still own everything.
If that is true, why can black immigrants do better than their native black American counterparts?
Great question which basically destroys your argument. They dont have the history of racial discrimination in this country that resulted in loss of religion, history, family etc and hence a better foundation for success.

No, we don't agree. I have given several valid examples of White Privilege that you have failed to comment on. I'm still waiting!
OK. White privilege exists yet it is no advantage to whites at all. That's some privilege, that white privilege.
How is it not an advantage?
Other races do better despite it. That's some advantage, that white people's advantage.
What races did better under the same circumstance? I'll wait.
Jews. They not only threw off the chains of slavery, they made their own country. Now stop crying and get to work.
No, there is no historical evidence the Jews were ever enslaved and they did NOT make their own country. It was given to them by the British as an initial tenet of the Balfour Declaration.

They dont have the history of racial discrimination in this country that resulted in loss of religion, history, family etc and hence a better foundation for success.
This is what I've always taught you. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with culture.

We finally agree. :)

How is it not an advantage?
Other races do better despite it. That's some advantage, that white people's advantage.
What races did better under the same circumstance? I'll wait.
Jews. They not only threw off the chains of slavery, they made their own country. Now stop crying and get to work.
No, there is no historical evidence the Jews were ever enslaved and they did NOT make their own country. It was given to them by the British as an initial tenet of the Balfour Declaration.
I wonder who built that wailing wall, supposedly the only remains of some temple or other.

They dont have the history of racial discrimination in this country that resulted in loss of religion, history, family etc and hence a better foundation for success.
This is what I've always taught you. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with culture.

Except you are wrong. African immigrants still face racial discrimination in this country. They are better equipped to handle it. That doesnt disprove white privilege. You got anything that disproves it yet?

Except you are wrong. African immigrants still face racial discrimination in this country. They are better equipped to handle it. That doesnt disprove white privilege. You got anything that disproves it yet?
And yet we are able to do very well in the US, and not just coming directly from Africa. Yes, we are better able to handle it, not because of our race but because of our culture.

This is what I've always taught you. :)

As a group? Slavery. Failed reconstruction, Jim Crow, racial cleansing, discrimination.
You'll just have to overcome. like your fellow blacks from other countries. Or not. Up to you.
I agree but how does that disprove white privilege? Your argument seems to have failed on every front.
Do blacks have an advantage in athletics?
No! Aren't all three of the boxing associations Champs White Russians?
Poor old American blacks. So poor. So black. lol.
When you spend over a trillion dollars a year in White owned businesses, the poor black syndrome becomes paler!
BTW, White Privilege is more visible among the majority of Whites and it does a good job of masking the real face of poverty which is not Black at all! That doesn't mean White poverty is a disclaimer of White Privilege.

And yet we are able to do very well in the US, and not just coming directly from Africa. Yes, we are better able to handle it, not because of our race but because of our culture.

That doesnt disprove white privilege. You got anything that disproves it yet? All Black people come from Africa as much as you want to avoid it. Even your ancestors.

You'll just have to overcome. like your fellow blacks from other countries. Or not. Up to you.
I agree but how does that disprove white privilege? Your argument seems to have failed on every front.
Do blacks have an advantage in athletics?
No! Aren't all three of the boxing associations Champs White Russians?
Poor old American blacks. So poor. So black. lol.
When you spend over a trillion dollars a year in White owned businesses, the poor black syndrome becomes paler!
BTW, White Privilege is more visible among the majority of Whites and it does a good job of masking the real face of poverty which is not Black at all! That doesn't mean White poverty is a disclaimer of White Privilege.
We were discussing the wailing wall, I believe.

That doesnt disprove white privilege. You got anything that disproves it yet? All Black people come from Africa as much as you want to avoid it. Even your ancestors.
lol. Please, allow whatever privilege you think white people have to hold you down. Other blacks will be more than happy to disagree with you and be more successful. :)

lol. Please, allow whatever privilege you think white people have to hold you down. Other blacks will be more than happy to disagree with you and be more successful. :)
Does that mean you have proof white privilege doesn't exist?

Does that mean you want me to prove a negative?

I have already presumed your posit to be true, that it does indeed exist, and if it does it gives no advantage to whites at all, since Asians and black immigrants both do better than whites. The term itself is meaningless and they might as well call it white plantains. Want one? lol

I have already presumed your posit to be true, that it does indeed exist, and if it does it gives no advantage to whites at all, since Asians and black immigrants both do better than whites. The term itself is meaningless and they might as well call it white plantains. Want one? lol
You keep saying that but you still havent shown me the control Asians have of the resources and the systems that govern them. Until you do that you can say what ever you please. I'll wait.

You keep saying that but you still havent shown me the control Asians have of the resources and the systems that govern them. Until you do that you can say what ever you please. I'll wait.
More circles. Controlling anything does you no good if others do better. Sinking in, yet, ape man?

Forum List

Back