🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is White Privilege?

Not that many were around when the system was put into place. According to you.

Do blacks have an advantage in athletics?

If Asians can do better than whites despite the system being stacked in whites favor, why can't blacks do better than whites, as well?
How is that a handicap? I never said that was a handicap
Was it an advantage?
How was it a handicap? You said it was a devestating handicap
Evidently it wasn't since they are doing better than whites. Why aren't blacks doing better than either?
Why did you call it a handicap then? If it was a handicap Asians wouldnt be doing batter than whites.
Yet they are, aren't they. Why aren't blacks doing better than either?

Let's start with your premise.
That isn't my premise. That is the premise of white privilege.

Against black people. I live in an area that has a huge population of Asians, including Indians. They weren't educated here in the U.S., they were educated in their respective countries of origin.
And yet they still do better in schools than any other race in the US. Run along now this isn't about foreign education.
That is not true...African immigrants are doing better in schools than any group, including Asians in American or anywhere else in the world!

That may well be the case. I wouldn't be surprised.

I know that Haitians do better than indigenous Blacks.

So where's the beef?
What the common denominator?

The one you stated. Looks like you've confused yourself again.
I never stated they had a devastating handicap. You did. Do I need to quote you or are you conceding you have no clue what you are talking about.

If Asians can do better than whites despite the system being stacked in whites favor, why can't blacks do better than whites, as well?
Do you mean proportionally? Many Blacks, as you said earlier ARE doing better than even middle class or more erudite Whites; especially African Immigrants... Pay attention and absorb my wisdom...it may be useful in transforming your misconceptions about Blacks in general!
Eeruh OK. Black Americans are in good shape, then. And there is no such thing as white privilege. We agree. :)

No, we don't agree. I have given several valid examples of White Privilege that you have failed to comment on. I'm still waiting!
OK. White privilege exists yet it is no advantage to whites at all. That's some privilege, that white privilege.

How is that a handicap? I never said that was a handicap
Was it an advantage?
Evidently it wasn't since they are doing better than whites. Why aren't blacks doing better than either?
Why did you call it a handicap then? If it was a handicap Asians wouldnt be doing batter than whites.
As a group? Slavery. Failed reconstruction, Jim Crow, racial cleansing, discrimination.

Against black people. I live in an area that has a huge population of Asians, including Indians. They weren't educated here in the U.S., they were educated in their respective countries of origin.
And yet they still do better in schools than any other race in the US. Run along now this isn't about foreign education.
That is not true...African immigrants are doing better in schools than any group, including Asians in American or anywhere else in the world!

So where's the beef?

The Welfare State.

BTW, have you checked to see who's POTUS recently?

I never stated they had a devastating handicap. You did. Do I need to quote you or are you conceding you have no clue what you are talking about.

Do you mean proportionally? Many Blacks, as you said earlier ARE doing better than even middle class or more erudite Whites; especially African Immigrants... Pay attention and absorb my wisdom...it may be useful in transforming your misconceptions about Blacks in general!
Eeruh OK. Black Americans are in good shape, then. And there is no such thing as white privilege. We agree. :)

No, we don't agree. I have given several valid examples of White Privilege that you have failed to comment on. I'm still waiting!
OK. White privilege exists yet it is no advantage to whites at all. That's some privilege, that white privilege.
How is it not an advantage?

True, Asians are not responsible for what white people have done to blacks in this country.

In fact it's actually amazing that the Chinese would even entertain coming back to this country after we enslaved them in the 19th century to build our railroad system.
No, they are not responsible for what blacks have done to blacks either. They overcame and succeeded.

Was it an advantage?
As a group? Slavery. Failed reconstruction, Jim Crow, racial cleansing, discrimination.
You'll just have to overcome. like your fellow blacks from other countries. Or not. Up to you.

So where's the beef?

The Welfare State.

BTW, have you checked to see who's POTUS recently?
Haitians are on welfare as well. The common denominator is the length of white racism the group has been under. One Black POTUS doesnt suddenly change that. Note he is half Kenyan.

Other races do better despite it. That's some advantage, that white people's advantage.

You'll just have to overcome. like your fellow blacks from other countries. Or not. Up to you.
I agree but how does that disprove white privilege? Your argument seems to have failed on every front.

Other races do better despite it. That's some advantage, that white people's advantage.
What races did better under the same circumstance? I'll wait.

I agree but how does that disprove white privilege? Your argument seems to have failed on every front.

Let's start with your premise.

So where's the beef?
Haitians are still Black so what is your point? There is no beef except to report that slavery and Jim Crow are the social ingredients that seems to have impacted native Blacks to the point that they lag proportionally behind Blacks who never had to deal with that kind of stuff!

You answered a question with a question.

Jews. They not only threw off the chains of slavery, they made their own country. Now stop crying and get to work.

True, Asians are not responsible for what white people have done to blacks in this country.

In fact it's actually amazing that the Chinese would even entertain coming back to this country after we enslaved them in the 19th century to build our railroad system.
No, they are not responsible for what blacks have done to blacks either. They overcame and succeeded.

When I got out of the Army, I was offered a job riding around in a Jeep with a Machine Gun on it guarding Saudi Oil wells. In 1973. Paid $75k a year. A LOT of money in those days.

I was advised not to take my wife.

I agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea.

Had I gone, I wouldnt have been a slave any more than the imported Chinese we brought here were slaves.

Many of those Chinese paid good money to bring their wives here. Even more paid good money to buy a wife and have her brought here.

They weren't slaves. They weren't exactly treated like visiting dignitaries, but they weren't slaves.

You haven't answered my question. You have failed again and I win.

Jews. They not only threw off the chains of slavery, they made their own country. Now stop crying and get to work.
When were Jews enslaved? Be careful.

You haven't answered my question. You have failed again and I win.
I wont until you answer mine. I agree Blacks have to overcome. Note the use of the word overcome. How does that disprove white privilege?

Forum List

Back