What is wrong with being gay exactly?

Ok, lets try it this way. Every society decides what it considers normal and acceptable. Societies either do that by majority opinion (vote) or by dictatorial mandate.

All I have ever asked is that the people be allowed to decide the gay marriage issue, not the courts or some govt dictate.

I am fullying willing to accept the will of the people, are you?

I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

Some people are just busy bodies and that's all there is to it. For example, if you're watching a FB game and someone holds someone else you may say there should be a rule against holding... voila.. the rule against holding is created to make the game better.

Is homosexuality a normal condition of human beings? yes or no.
Condition? What are the normal conditions of human beings?

Homosexual acts are exhibited by all mammals. Being offended by homosexual acts is a condition of certain mammals, such as certain humans.

yes, there are gay chimps, what's your point?
That homosexuality is natural, and we've been brought to view it as some sort of "bad" thing, mainly due to religion...

Now that depends on what you mean by "normal."

If by normal you mean that the majority of people are that way, no. If by normal you mean fully functional in life then yes. Sure, there are gays who aren't, but not because they are gay. There are straights who aren't as well

biologically normal, mammalian normal, homo sapiens normal, historically normal. Its not a hard question.

You're talking to a math major, Six Sigma Blackbelt, MBA. No question is simple to me.

Sure gays don't perpetuate the species, but they are a small percent, they are no threat to perpetuating the species. My brother and I have kids, my sister doesn't. She's not threatening the human race either.

People are turned on by all sorts of things, hair color, small butts, big butts, uniforms, umbrellas. It's a bizarre sexual world. I don't see the issue with a turn on being the same sex meaning are not sexually normal any more than anyone who doesn't want kids

I have gay friends and relatives, I have no problem with them and respect and love each of them. I also have friends and relatives who suffer from dementia, bi-polar disease, and MS.

They all have mental illnesses, mental illness is not a normal human condition. Thats my only point.

Is celibacy a mental illness? Was Jesus mental?

celibacy is a choice, is being gay a choice too? As to Jesus, there is debate as to his celibacy. None of us will ever know for sure until we have the chance to meet him.

I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

Some people are just busy bodies and that's all there is to it. For example, if you're watching a FB game and someone holds someone else you may say there should be a rule against holding... voila.. the rule against holding is created to make the game better.

Homosexual acts are exhibited by all mammals. Being offended by homosexual acts is a condition of certain mammals, such as certain humans.

That homosexuality is natural, and we've been brought to view it as some sort of "bad" thing, mainly due to religion...

I don't agree that its natural, my views are shared by a vast majority of human beings. your view is the minority view.

I don't agree that its natural, my views are shared by a vast majority of human beings. your view is the minority view.
Yeah, bigots who fail to understand basic science.
List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I bet there are things that light your fire that you don't admit because the majority of people wouldn't consider that "normal." Not being normal is normal

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

that link has been posted before and debunked before. Got anything new? There is no science that supports gay behavior as normal in humans or animals. It is always an aberatiion of normal----always.

that link has been posted before and debunked before. Got anything new? There is no science that supports gay behavior as normal in humans or animals. It is always an aberatiion of normal----always.
Yeah, show me who debunked it, are they a scientist? Do they have any published, peer reviewed papers? LOOOL. No science???? Are you serious right now? I'm sexually attracted to other men, have been since I was a child, I didn't wake up and decide "Hm, i'll start liking other men."

I bet there are things that light your fire that you don't admit because the majority of people wouldn't consider that "normal." Not being normal is normal

having different turn-ons is normal because we are all individuals. We are generalizing here about whether homosexuality is biologically normal for humans. Because a minority of individuals participate in something does not make in normal. Are baptist snake handlers normal? is that a normal human behavior?

Just because someone does something does not make in normal for everyone.

Yeah, show me who debunked it, are they a scientist? Do they have any published, peer reviewed papers? LOOOL. No science???? Are you serious right now? I'm sexually attracted to other men, have been since I was a child, I didn't wake up and decide "Hm, i'll start liking other men."

sorry, dude. but your liking of other men sexually is not normal human male behavior. Just because you do it does not make in normal.

having different turn-ons is normal because we are all individuals. We are generalizing here about whether homosexuality is biologically normal for humans. Because a minority of individuals participate in something does not make in normal. Are baptist snake handlers normal? is that a normal human behavior?

Just because someone does something does not make in normal for everyone.
It is biological.

sorry, dude. but your liking of other men sexually is not normal human male behavior. Just because you do it does not make in normal.
How are you defining normal? It's so ridiculous how you are doing this. I don't choose to do it, so what is it, for millions like me? Biological? Hm, yes.

How are you defining normal? It's so ridiculous how you are doing this. I don't choose to do it, so what is it, for millions like me? Biological? Hm, yes.

pay attention---------normal for you does not equal normal for humanity as a whole.

pay attention---------normal for you does not equal normal for humanity as a whole.
You dodged my question, biological? Yes? Or will you disagree with a man who finds a penis attractive?

Normal in terms of sexuality is using our human sex organs for the purposes they were designed for. There is a biological reason for males and females.

Do I really have to explain what sexually normal means?

You could, but it would would miss the point. I bet if you where honest, there are ways you cope with life that are not "normal" though sexually and otherwise. Procreation is how we perpetuate the species, it's not however the purpose of our existence

Ok, lets try it this way. Every society decides what it considers normal and acceptable. Societies either do that by majority opinion (vote) or by dictatorial mandate.

All I have ever asked is that the people be allowed to decide the gay marriage issue, not the courts or some govt dictate.

I am fullying willing to accept the will of the people, are you?

We all struggle with sin, we're all human, why would God want any of us to struggle with that? Why do you think gays have a corner on the market when it comes to sin?

Um, I'm confused. Your last post was a direct response to my OP, now you seem not to have read the op. Are you the chick from 50 first dates?

I don't think gay is a sin, I think there's nothing wrong with it. What are you talking about?

You asked why God would make gays but then want them to be unhappy in the post that I answered, and my response was to that question. God warns against sin, you're implying that a gay person could only be happy if in a gay relationship, which most Christians would see as 'sin'. Isn't your op questioning why God would make someone a certain way, but then condemn the way He made them? But God made us all, and we all sin, we all are tempted and fall short, gay or not gay, so it's not like God made gay people any differently than anyone else. Aren't we all then 'condemned'? We're all people, we're all tempted by sin, we all fall short? I'm not sure why you seem to have this special category for gay people when it comes to God?

I don't think being 'gay' is a sin either, it's your actions and what's in your heart that causes sin.

What's wrong with being 'not normal' if 'normal' is nothing more than applicable to the majority.

What's the requirement to be normal?

Hey dipshit. Stop conflating "natural" with "normal" and maybe you will actually hear what is being explained to you.

And while you are at it, stop conflating "abnormal" with "wrong".

It occurs in the natural world. Pretty hard to argue that it is unnatural

It occurs in the natural world. Pretty hard to argue that it is unnatural

It's actually beautiful that animals have sex for pleasure and form companionship more strong then humans, in most cases.

Forum List

Back