What is wrong with being gay exactly?

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay
- are both consenting adults
- aren't in any other way harming anyone

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

Nothing, it's your pooper and you should be able to put anything you want in it.

Ok, lets try it this way. Every society decides what it considers normal and acceptable. Societies either do that by majority opinion (vote) or by dictatorial mandate.

All I have ever asked is that the people be allowed to decide the gay marriage issue, not the courts or some govt dictate.

I am fullying willing to accept the will of the people, are you?

I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

We all struggle with sin, we're all human, why would God want any of us to struggle with that? Why do you think gays have a corner on the market when it comes to sin?

Um, I'm confused. Your last post was a direct response to my OP, now you seem not to have read the op. Are you the chick from 50 first dates?

I don't think gay is a sin, I think there's nothing wrong with it. What are you talking about?

You asked why God would make gays but then want them to be unhappy in the post that I answered, and my response was to that question. God warns against sin, you're implying that a gay person could only be happy if in a gay relationship, which most Christians would see as 'sin'. Isn't your op questioning why God would make someone a certain way, but then condemn the way He made them? But God made us all, and we all sin, we all are tempted and fall short, gay or not gay, so it's not like God made gay people any differently than anyone else. Aren't we all then 'condemned'? We're all people, we're all tempted by sin, we all fall short? I'm not sure why you seem to have this special category for gay people when it comes to God?

I don't think being 'gay' is a sin either, it's your actions and what's in your heart that causes sin.

This was what particularly confused me, "Why do you think gays have a corner on the market when it comes to sin?" That contradicts everything I said, why would I think that?

Well, I'm confused too, because your op asked why God would make gays and then want them to be unhappy. That is a statement built upon multiple presumptions that may or may not be true. Who's to say that a gay person who accepts what God's word is and gives their lives over God would be unhappy? I assumed you were asking Christians that since they are for the most part against gay marriage, but believe in a loving God? My response is that we are all offered challenges and temptations in life, denying them doesn't necessarily lead to unhappiness. So if you are a Christian, you would see gay sex as a sin, i.e. sin outside of marriage, (same with two heterosexual people who are not married), and you wouldn't believe that God would advocate such a marriage, so you would see the gay person as someone who has challenges and temptations in life, same as everyone else, that they have to turn to God for in order to overcome. If you believe in God and what the Bible tells you, God can overcome anything, I just don't think you're looking at it from the perspective of a Christian.

I don't necessarily think it matters what the secular government/society does with regards to gay marriage, abortion has been legal for 40 years and God certainly wouldn't sanction that either. Jesus Christ is about salvation of the individual, not the society, and each individual will answer to Him for what they do or don't do, we can't control what society does.

Your question is basically the same as 'Why does God want single people to be unhappy?' Single people aren't supposed to have sex either, so if they follow God's word, will they be 'unhappy'? Is it an unreasonable expectation for humans to go without sex? And for the record, sex and love are two different things.

Last edited:
I've made that point many times as well. I oppose government gay marriage, but I oppose all government marriage. If the people/legislatures enact them then I have no more or less disagreement with it than other government marriage. It is the actions of the courts imposing it through judicial fiat that I have the biggest issue with.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about my inability to grasp why what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes bothers anyone I don't grasp. And I don't grasp why God would make gays then want them to be unhappy as some sort of pious point. Life is hard enough without those

We all struggle with sin, we're all human, why would God want any of us to struggle with that? Why do you think gays have a corner on the market when it comes to sin?

Um, I'm confused. Your last post was a direct response to my OP, now you seem not to have read the op. Are you the chick from 50 first dates?

I don't think gay is a sin, I think there's nothing wrong with it. What are you talking about?

You asked why God would make gays but then want them to be unhappy in the post that I answered, and my response was to that question. God warns against sin, you're implying that a gay person could only be happy if in a gay relationship, which most Christians would see as 'sin'. Isn't your op questioning why God would make someone a certain way, but then condemn the way He made them? But God made us all, and we all sin, we all are tempted and fall short, gay or not gay, so it's not like God made gay people any differently than anyone else. Aren't we all then 'condemned'? We're all people, we're all tempted by sin, we all fall short? I'm not sure why you seem to have this special category for gay people when it comes to God?

I don't think being 'gay' is a sin either, it's your actions and what's in your heart that causes sin.

This was what particularly confused me, "Why do you think gays have a corner on the market when it comes to sin?" That contradicts everything I said, why would I think that?

Well, I'm confused too, because your op asked why God would make gays and then want them to be unhappy. That is a statement built upon multiple presumptions that may or may not be true. Who's to say that a gay person who accepts what God's word is and gives their lives over God would be unhappy? I assumed you were asking Christians that since they are for the most part against gay marriage, but believe in a loving God? My response is that we are all offered challenges and temptations in life, denying them doesn't necessarily lead to unhappiness. So if you are a Christian, you would see gay sex as a sin, i.e. sin outside of marriage, (same with two heterosexual people who are not married), and you wouldn't believe that God would advocate such a marriage, so you would see the gay person as someone who has challenges and temptations in life, same as everyone else, that they have to turn to God for in order to overcome. If you believe in God and what the Bible tells you, God can overcome anything, I just don't think you're looking at it from the perspective of a Christian.

I don't necessarily think it matters what the secular government/society does with regards to gay marriage, abortion has been legal for 40 years and God certainly wouldn't sanction that either. Jesus Christ is about salvation of the individual, not the society, and each individual will answer to Him for what they do or don't do, we can't control what society does.

Your question is basically the same as 'Why does God want single people to be unhappy?' Single people aren't supposed to have sex either, so if they follow God's word, will they be 'unhappy'? Is it an unreasonable expectation for humans to go without sex? And for the record, sex and love are two different things.

I think too many people think of God as being focused on being obsessed with tracking every mistake we make so he can nail us for it later, rather than God wanting us to learn and grow. Learning and growing involves making more mistakes. I'm a Red Wings fan, the Red Wings are known for continual rebuilding, we made the playoffs 24 straight seasons. Second is Pittsburgh with nine. The Wings are great obviously at developing young players.

You do that by letting them make mistakes and then learn from it, not by blasting them for mistakes and holding it against them You make mistakes and you may or may not go forward with the team depending how you learn and adapt. You play it safe and maybe you won't make any mistakes, but you will get cut for sure. I think God wants us to go for it. Just make sure you don't hurt people on purpose and you ... learn ... from them and I think you'll be fine. I don't think God thinks like us either, I think God puts it in our terms to help us. Too many people misunderstand that

There is nothing wrong with being gay. If you are gay, be gay and shut the fuck up about it.

why? do you stfu about your relationships?

why should they?

:rolleyes:

I don't talk about my relationships, except to my wife. And you know exactly what I mean.

So you wouldn't keep a picture of your family on your desk at work? Introduce your spouse as your spouse? If the radical religious right stopped trying to interfere with who other people love, you'd hear very little about it.

I think too many people think of God as being focused on being obsessed with tracking every mistake we make so he can nail us for it later, rather than God wanting us to learn and grow. Learning and growing involves making more mistakes. I'm a Red Wings fan, the Red Wings are known for continual rebuilding, we made the playoffs 24 straight seasons. Second is Pittsburgh with nine. The Wings are great obviously at developing young players.

You do that by letting them make mistakes and then learn from it, not by blasting them for mistakes and holding it against them You make mistakes and you may or may not go forward with the team depending how you learn and adapt. You play it safe and maybe you won't make any mistakes, but you will get cut for sure. I think God wants us to go for it. Just make sure you don't hurt people on purpose and you ... learn ... from them and I think you'll be fine. I don't think God thinks like us either, I think God puts it in our terms to help us. Too many people misunderstand that
You can't rebuild a prolapsed anus.

Question 1: Why do I care?
Answer 1: I care for pretty much the same reasons I care for hetero couples, with one exception covered below in answer 3.

Question 2: Why would God care?
Answer 2: I make it a habit of not speaking for god.

Question 3: Why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?
Answer 3: To build and raise a family with someone of the opposite sex for the purpose providing a more traditional environment for the child with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.

Questions 4&5: Explain why God would be against that and was god just screwing with them?
See answer 2 above.

1) This isn't a gay marriage thread

2) Saying you don't speak for God is irrelevant, that isn't the point of the question. I mean duh. Note the phrasing, why "would" God care, not why "does" God care. And obviously the question was pointed to people who think he doesn't, not those who think he doesn't
1) I didn't say anything about gay marriage.
2) Your asking people to explain god's opinion, as if their opinion is not their own but rather an expression of what god tells them. If you want to rephrase the question to one of "what is the religious basis.." well my answer covered that as well, since IMO the religious basis is to promote the building and raising of families with mixed sex organs for the purpose providing more traditional environments for children with one father and one mother. Where the father is the male role model and the mother the female role model.
In other words, a bigoted idiot relying on old fairy tales.
And name-calling is an effective debate method.
Saul would be proud
You should see the shit said by everyone on this site..
And I call them out, alao

Yeah, you have no idea how to have anal sex, I do.

Um...OK?

There is nothing wrong with being gay. If you are gay, be gay and shut the fuck up about it.

why? do you stfu about your relationships?

why should they?

:rolleyes:

I don't talk about my relationships, except to my wife. And you know exactly what I mean.

So you wouldn't keep a picture of your family on your desk at work? Introduce your spouse as your spouse? If the radical religious right stopped trying to interfere with who other people love, you'd hear very little about it.

No one is doing that nit wit, and you know it. Just shut up with that bull shit.

that link has been posted before and debunked before. Got anything new? There is no science that supports gay behavior as normal in humans or animals. It is always an aberatiion of normal----always.

Hey dipshit. Stop conflating "natural" with "normal" and maybe you will actually hear what is being explained to you.

And while you are at it, stop conflating "abnormal" with "wrong".

abnormal is not wrong, its abnormal. normal is natural. normal is determined by society as a whole. in some societies polygamy is normal, in ours it is not.

whether homosexuality is normal and acceptable is for society as a whole to determine, not those who practice it.

minority rights are fine and should be demanded by all, but minority dictates are wrong and should be rejected by all.

Thats the issue here, not homosexuality or gay marriage.

I have no issue with people being gay and enjoying life. What I object to is calling it a normal human condition. It is an aberation of human biology and mentality. It is a disease just as being bi-polar is a disease. It is not normal. Therefor, gay marriage is an oxymoron.

You are welcome to your opinion- a totally unsubstantiated opinion. To me it is as valid as if I were to say that homophobia is a disease just as being bi-polar is.

there is no such thing as homophobia-----------fear of homsexuals. Homo--------phobia. Think about the word, idiot.
You and most others on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent – hence your hostility toward gay Americans and your desire to disadvantage them through force of law.

Call it what you will – but it ultimately comes down to being hateful, ignorant, wrong, and un-Constitutional.

not true at all. its you on the left that are full of hate and fear. you hate and fear anyone who dares take issue with your far left socialist, anything-goes agenda.

You want anyone who disagrees with you punished by the government. you hate freedom and free speech and want to curtail both.

This from the guy who keeps attacking gays as 'abnormal', in the most derogatory connotation of that word.

the sexual behavior of gays is abnormal. Butt fucking is not a normal human activity. The human anus was not designed to have a cock rammed up it repeatedly.

Gays would shut up about a lot of it if you bigots would just shut up and grant them their rights.

gays have every right that straight people have. marriage is not a right.

That argument isn't playing so well in the courts. You are free to have any opinion you wish concerning marriage being a right or not but the courts have stated that marriage is in fact a right. Your opinion vs. the opinion of the Supreme Court? Yeah, I am going to have to side with the courts on this one instead of some random person on the internet.

You are welcome to your opinion- a totally unsubstantiated opinion. To me it is as valid as if I were to say that homophobia is a disease just as being bi-polar is.

there is no such thing as homophobia-----------fear of homsexuals. Homo--------phobia. Think about the word, idiot.
You and most others on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent – hence your hostility toward gay Americans and your desire to disadvantage them through force of law.

Call it what you will – but it ultimately comes down to being hateful, ignorant, wrong, and un-Constitutional.

not true at all. its you on the left that are full of hate and fear. you hate and fear anyone who dares take issue with your far left socialist, anything-goes agenda.

You want anyone who disagrees with you punished by the government. you hate freedom and free speech and want to curtail both.

This from the guy who keeps attacking gays as 'abnormal', in the most derogatory connotation of that word.

the sexual behavior of gays is abnormal. Butt fucking is not a normal human activity. The human anus was not designed to have a cock rammed up it repeatedly.

Wow...that was a really graphic description of anal sex. Do I detect a hint of covetousness?

Flying is not a "normal human activity"...but it looks like more people butt fuck than fly...

The Rise of Anal Sex

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

It's a lie.

Being rationalized as a truth, because of the illusion that no one is harmed. Both of the individuals are harmed, because they've taken action to pursue satisfaction subsequent to a deviant craving.

It's the same craving and the same illusion, that sees an 8 year old boy and rationalizes that acceptance by the boy and the emotions common to friendship, are cues which justify pursuing sexual gratification. It harms the boy.

Same with the girls on that side of the gender equation.

It's a lie... and 'belief' that what is not true is true, is harmful... because it precludes one from making good choices, and as such risks the viability of the individual and by extension, the culture.

Gays would shut up about a lot of it if you bigots would just shut up and grant them their rights.

That argument isn't playing so well in the courts. You are free to have any opinion you wish concerning marriage being a right or not but the courts have stated that marriage is in fact a right. Your opinion vs. the opinion of the Supreme Court? Yeah, I am going to have to side with the courts on this one instead of some random person on the internet.

Yeah, you do that. Let 9 unelected old farts in black robes decide how 330,000,000 people must live and think.

The gay mafia may very well win this one. But I would prefer that the people make those kinds of decisions.

The next case will be the polygamists and they will use the exact same arguments as the gays, and with the gay precedent, they will also win.

Is this really where you want our society to go?

If two people:

- are gay

It's a lie.

Being rationalized as a truth, because of the illusion that no one is harmed. Both of the individuals are harmed, because they've taken action to pursue satisfaction subsequent to a deviant craving.

It's the same craving and the same illusion, that sees an 8 year old boy and rationalizes that acceptance by the boy and the emotions common to friendship, are cues which justify pursuing sexual gratification. It harms the boy.

Same with the girls on that side of the gender equation.

It's a lie... and 'belief' that what is not true is true, is harmful... because it precludes one from making good choices, and as such risks the viability of the individual and by extension, the culture.

very well said, and very true.

Yeah, you do that. Let 9 unelected old farts in black robes decide how 330,000,000 people must live and think.

The gay mafia may very well win this one. But I would prefer that the people make those kinds of decisions.

The next case will be the polygamists and they will use the exact same arguments as the gays, and with the gay precedent, they will also win.

Is this really where you want our society to go?

I will do that b/c your opinion of "marriage isn't a right" has zero effect on what is or what isn't legal precedence. This upcoming ruling will have little, if any, impact on how you live or think. You will still be free to think whatever you wish about gays and live the life most suited to your ideals.

Polygamists will have every right to state their case before the courts and fight for their rights just like another American. And to be honest, I really do not have an issue with polygamists having access to recognized marriage so long all parties in the matter legally consent to the marriage.

Forum List

Back