What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

If you do that hip roll I see so many do then that will get you arrested. You will have someone like me in your face calling you on your intimidation while dialing 911. I know you better than you know yourself. And I am not afraid of a fashion statement hip roll. Many people will avoid you because they see you as intimidating. If that is the case then you are breaking the law. I suggest you check out the gun laws a bit closer. You get a big kick out of the reaction of others around you. One of these days, you are going to be confronted by someone that isn't easily intimidated by your hip roll and sees it as intimidation which gets you arrested and in front of a judge. I suggest you go CCW and stop with that stupid, childish and dangerous intimidation of people around you.

I like to open carry at the range. And that is it. All other times, it's CCW. My fashion statement is closer to either an Auto Mechanic or a Homeless person so I don't get into impressing people. But when I see that tell tale hip roll that is prevalent in almost all open carry persons then it's not a fashion statement, it's an intimidation statement and that really pisses me off and will almost always come to a confrontation which is not going to end well for them since it will involve camera to record the action and a cop and a judge. Open Carry has been involved in some not so nice shootings while there has been only ONE recorded CCW not so nice shooting in the history of the Civilian CCW history. If you haven't received the training to CCW carry then go get it. Chances are, even if it's the short course, you will never open carry ever again since you will now know the repercussions of pulling that weapon.

I think you're full of shit. When I'm in Lake Havasu I never wear a shirt, I open carry in my board-shorts and sandals. I've had a few dumbass pussies get cocky and say my gun "intimidates" them...I say don't look at it pussy and it stops right there. As long as it stays holstered there isn't shit a whiny pussy can do...He can call the law all his pussy ass wants, the cops will laugh at his scared ass.

Your the one who’s afraid to go out without packing and THEY are the pussies ?

Let me tell you, you are no match for a gun I don't care how bad or brave you think you are. I studied all the way up to Black Belt, and there was only one move we learned to try and disarm an attacker with a gun, and it was a situation you'd never find yourself in if confronted by somebody with a gun.

In preparation for an attack, you have to have an equal or better defense.

Kelvinskies Law (the new Centurion)

If you pick up your fists, I pick up a knife
If you pick up a knife, I pick up a bat
If you pick up a bat, I pick up a gun
If you pick up a gun, I pick up my feet and get the hell out of there.

For people like me, it all depends on the the situation. If you haven't pulled your gun yet and you are within 10 feet, you are at a disadvantage. If you already have it out then see rule 4.

Try pulling a knife on police officer and see if he goes back to his car for a bat.

:laughing0301:

You really need to get your sense of humor reinstalled and have your common sense reserviced
:abgg2q.jpg:

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.
You're last two words....but it's ok now, donnie dennison allows the mentally ill to carry.

There are already laws on the books that are supposed to keep those who are deemed "mentally deficient" from obtaining a firearm. The BATF Form 4473 asks "have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to an institution?"

There is no law that "allows" a mentally-defective person to "carry" a firearm, much less to purchase one. In order to obtain a concealed carry permit, one has to go through a full criminal background check.

The BATF Form 4473 was instituted during the Gun Control Act of 1968, and was signed by Democrat, LBJ.

Are you saying that the Democrat's gun laws don't work?

If so many aren't required to fill out that form before they purchase a gun, it can't do much to stop anyone. That's why we need universal background checks.
Lol
More frivolous gun control laws will not save a single soul... fact

Oh, I agree. Most frivolous gun control laws don't. But the ones we have here have save countless lives. When each year, they send over 100 convicted violent felons trying to buy guns back to prison then background checks are working. And don't go into the Cite, Cite crap again. I already provided you with the stats from 2016 for the State of Colorado awhile back so don't deny it and that exact number was 127.
States like South Dakota are rolling back frivolous gun control laws, and it’s making the state safer place to live

I think you're full of shit. When I'm in Lake Havasu I never wear a shirt, I open carry in my board-shorts and sandals. I've had a few dumbass pussies get cocky and say my gun "intimidates" them...I say don't look at it pussy and it stops right there. As long as it stays holstered there isn't shit a whiny pussy can do...He can call the law all his pussy ass wants, the cops will laugh at his scared ass.

Let me tell you, you are no match for a gun I don't care how bad or brave you think you are. I studied all the way up to Black Belt, and there was only one move we learned to try and disarm an attacker with a gun, and it was a situation you'd never find yourself in if confronted by somebody with a gun.

For people like me, it all depends on the the situation. If you haven't pulled your gun yet and you are within 10 feet, you are at a disadvantage. If you already have it out then see rule 4.

Try pulling a knife on police officer and see if he goes back to his car for a bat.

You really need to get your sense of humor reinstalled and have your common sense reserviced

Nothing wrong with my common sense. That's why I carry a can of OC spray too. A firearm isn't a first-response tool, it's more for last resort..

How many kids at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida would be alive right now if just one or two of the teachers who were near the shooter had been carrying a gun?

Nowadays you never know where you might encounter an armed criminal.

I'm so sick of this argument.
Teachers sign up to get a degree to teach.
Not be the fastest gun in classroom shoot out.
GFY

It should be personal choice of the teacher, No one should be telling teachers one way or the other

it was made legal to arm the Teachers in Colorado. But the Teachers Association nixed that. Instead, they opted for armed security guards and security gates along with safe havens in the schools. I don't say it's impossible to do a mass school shooting here, but after 3 of them done successful, the number has dropped to zero. But the attempts haven't dropped to zero.

I carry because the laws of my country and state say I have the right to.

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.
It’s none of your business who is armed and who is not at such events

Yes it is our business. I don’t want people with guns around my children or grandchildren.

I guess you should keep your children and grandchildren at home.

Years ago I was in line at our grocery store, and I forget how the subject came up with a few other customers. But we were discussing armed citizens. An elderly lady said something similar to what you did. I asked her how would she know who is carrying? She said she could tell just by the looks of them. I asked if I looked like one of those people? She replied "Of course not, you seem like too nice of a man to carry a gun!" I was wearing my shoulder holster and pulled my jacket back to show her I did indeed have a gun, and I just smiled.

Astonishing that you cant go for a walk without taking your gun.Its like living in a prison.
You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.

Answer to Tommy: (I highlighted in red)....Areas where there are designated "Gun Free Zones." Criminals LOVE those places. Smart folks CC or OC when going anywhere near places like that.

Last edited:
How many kids at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida would be alive right now if just one or two of the teachers who were near the shooter had been carrying a gun?

Nowadays you never know where you might encounter an armed criminal.

I'm so sick of this argument.
Teachers sign up to get a degree to teach.
Not be the fastest gun in classroom shoot out.
GFY

It should be personal choice of the teacher, No one should be telling teachers one way or the other

it was made legal to arm the Teachers in Colorado. But the Teachers Association nixed that. Instead, they opted for armed security guards and security gates along with safe havens in the schools. I don't say it's impossible to do a mass school shooting here, but after 3 of them done successful, the number has dropped to zero. But the attempts haven't dropped to zero.
South Dakota Attorney General

So very often I see conversations such as these:

Astonishing that you cant go for a walk without taking your gun.Its like living in a prison.
You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.
The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?

The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?

Answer to Tommy: (I highlighted in red)Areas where there are designated "Gun Free Zones." Criminals LOVE those places. Smart folks CC when going to places like that. Frankly I'd like to see more open carry.

Not always a smart move either. I was talking to a worker at one of our customers while making a delivery. I knew him outside of work as well. He is a part-time CCW instructor, and he told me of a business (I forget which state) that got sued and lost because a customer was seriously hurt after leaving his store which could have been prevented had he been armed which the store disallowed.

So having one of those signs can make you just as liable as not having one.

You're last two words....but it's ok now, donnie dennison allows the mentally ill to carry.

There are already laws on the books that are supposed to keep those who are deemed "mentally deficient" from obtaining a firearm. The BATF Form 4473 asks "have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or committed to an institution?"

There is no law that "allows" a mentally-defective person to "carry" a firearm, much less to purchase one. In order to obtain a concealed carry permit, one has to go through a full criminal background check.

The BATF Form 4473 was instituted during the Gun Control Act of 1968, and was signed by Democrat, LBJ.

If so many aren't required to fill out that form before they purchase a gun, it can't do much to stop anyone. That's why we need universal background checks.
Lol

Oh, I agree. Most frivolous gun control laws don't. But the ones we have here have save countless lives. When each year, they send over 100 convicted violent felons trying to buy guns back to prison then background checks are working. And don't go into the Cite, Cite crap again. I already provided you with the stats from 2016 for the State of Colorado awhile back so don't deny it and that exact number was 127.
States like South Dakota are rolling back frivolous gun control laws, and it’s making the state safer place to live

Right now, SD has very similar gun regs as Colorado except for the universal background checks. Otherwise, they are almost identical. But as of July 1 of 2019, CCW will not require a license of a permit but is not reciprocal to other states. SD will still have a reciprocal permit that you can receive for that purpose. That is the only change in the SD gun regs.

Lol

Right now, SD has very similar gun regs as Colorado except for the universal background checks. Otherwise, they are almost identical. But as of July 1 of 2019, CCW will not require a license of a permit but is not reciprocal to other states. SD will still have a reciprocal permit that you can receive for that purpose. That is the only change in the SD gun regs.
There are a lot more on the books that are going to be rolled back in years to come...
Getting a concealed weapons permit in the state currently takes less than five minutes... And that’s far too long

Nothing wrong with my common sense. That's why I carry a can of OC spray too. A firearm isn't a first-response tool, it's more for last resort..

Ssshhhhhhh. You let that get out and you will have to turn your gunnutter sooper secrit decoder ring in. :boobies:

Lol

There are a lot more on the books that are going to be rolled back in years to come...
Getting a concealed weapons permit in the state currently takes less than five minutes... And that’s far too long

And a trip to the Sheriffs department, you leave out. The Law change means that the same requirements still exist only you don't need to pay a visit to the Sheriffs office anymore.

The obvious response:

The obvious response:

Answer to Tommy: (I highlighted in red)Areas where there are designated "Gun Free Zones." Criminals LOVE those places. Smart folks CC when going to places like that. Frankly I'd like to see more open carry.

Not always a smart move either. I was talking to a worker at one of our customers while making a delivery. I knew him outside of work as well. He is a part-time CCW instructor, and he told me of a business (I forget which state) that got sued and lost because a customer was seriously hurt after leaving his store which could have been prevented had he been armed which the store disallowed.

Yep a Basically stupid, ignorant, useless, politically 'correct' sign. I remember something about Berkeley, CA designating themselves a 'Nuclear Free Zone.' LOL

Lol

And a trip to the Sheriffs department, you leave out. The Law change means that the same requirements still exist only you don't need to pay a visit to the Sheriffs office anymore.
Yes you go to any county sheriffs in the state, you show your ID they take your fingerprints and they do a quick background track it takes less than five minutes, although it should take only seconds in reality With today’s technology.

Yes it is our business. I don’t want people with guns around my children or grandchildren.

Years ago I was in line at our grocery store, and I forget how the subject came up with a few other customers. But we were discussing armed citizens. An elderly lady said something similar to what you did. I asked her how would she know who is carrying? She said she could tell just by the looks of them. I asked if I looked like one of those people? She replied "Of course not, you seem like too nice of a man to carry a gun!" I was wearing my shoulder holster and pulled my jacket back to show her I did indeed have a gun, and I just smiled.

I suggest you look up what that action gets you under most States CCW laws.

The obvious response:

The obvious response:

Yep a Basically stupid, ignorant, useless, politically 'correct' sign. I remember something about Berkeley, CA designating themselves a 'Nuclear Free Zone.' LOL

I'm selling Anti Elephant Insurance for this area. Guarenteed to protect you from Elephant Stampedes. Every person that has purchased on is protected and not one single person that has purchase one of my policies has been trampled by an Elephant Stampede.

It was a friendly conversation and we all were smiling. No law against opening up your jacket.

Yes you go to any county sheriffs in the state, you show your ID they take your fingerprints and they do a quick background track it takes less than five minutes, although it should take only seconds in reality With today’s technology.

July 1, 2019, you don't have to do that anymore. That's the upside. The Downside is, the CCW laws do apply regardless and some people are going to get in serious trouble because of this. CCW is different than open carry laws.

When I went for my renewal a few years ago, I was surprised that they issued it to me right on the spot. I thought I would have to wait for it in the mail like my original license. The worker said they do everything on the internet and it only takes like five minutes.

It was a friendly conversation and we all were smiling. No law against opening up your jacket.

Just a friendly bit of advice, pard.

Forum List

Back