What makes arguing with liberals so frustrating #1

Do you really think going to your boss and "demanding overtime" is the only way people can make extra money? My GOD, are you out-of-touch with the real world. Everything is about making demands on other people with you. You need something = someone else needs to jump and provide it. :cuckoo:

Indeed. Forget about becoming a productive member of a company and working hard to earn your pay and benefits and any bonuses that might come from such hard work...in his eutopia? Just demand it, use the power of the imperial Gubmint to make it so...

As the company he works for folds because they can't meet the unruly demands.

This tickturd is a danger not only to himself, but the private sector, and others.
did you even see where the original comment came from?

M14 claimed that if you were only making $10 an hour you should just work 54 hours a week instead of 40. he even doubled down on the idea that when an employee wants and demands overtime that he will get it.

so i guess in essence you are agreeing with me that when an employee demands overtime he wont necessarily get it.

Sometimes an employee will NOT get what they want even if demanded if such demands means the company going under.

That employee should seek greener pastures that suit thier wants and begs the question of signing on to what they're unhappy of in the first place.

YOU are either a part of the companys' success...or you aren't.

The most infuriating thing to conservatives when arguing with liberals is complexity. Conservatives tend to try to boil everything down to simplicity, the argument always starts when someone says "it's not that simple or clearcut."

lol you could make a book of conservative simple minded one liners.Yesterday I heard some conservative talk host give the retarded line 'Rising tides Lift all Boats".

That conservative talk show host should have known better than to use a quote from that retarded Democrat, John F Kennedy.

Indeed. Forget about becoming a productive member of a company and working hard to earn your pay and benefits and any bonuses that might come from such hard work...in his eutopia? Just demand it, use the power of the imperial Gubmint to make it so...

As the company he works for folds because they can't meet the unruly demands.

This tickturd is a danger not only to himself, but the private sector, and others.

M14 claimed that if you were only making $10 an hour you should just work 54 hours a week instead of 40. he even doubled down on the idea that when an employee wants and demands overtime that he will get it.

so i guess in essence you are agreeing with me that when an employee demands overtime he wont necessarily get it.

Sometimes an employee will NOT get what they want even if demanded if such demands means the company going under.

That employee should seek greener pastures that suit thier wants and begs the question of signing on to what they're unhappy of in the first place.

agreed, simply thinking that you can and will get OT when you "need" or "want" it is a fallacy.

agreed, simply thinking that you can and will get OT when you "need" or "want" it is a fallacy.
And a dangerous one. ALL companies have rules/guidelines individually.

In my line of work in the past OT could be easily justified...NOT so much any longer as the state of the economy deteriorates under this current POTUS, and the policies of the Statists in the Congress.

You justify OT wearing the pager or in a dire EMERGENCY with a customer.

WE are hurting out here.

In my line of work in the past OT could be easily justified...NOT so much any longer as the state of the economy deteriorates under this current POTUS, and the policies of the Statists in the Congress.

WE are hurting out here.
where is "here"? state and industry?

WE are hurting out here.

Public Safety Communications...the rest you request isn't important...

WE are hurting out here.

it is important since the location of state and how state politics play into it can have an affect as well.

what part of public safety communications? are you a 911 operator? police dispatch? radio manufacturer? IT company?

it is important since the location of state and how state politics play into it can have an affect as well.

what part of public safety communications? are you a 911 operator? police dispatch? radio manufacturer? IT company?

No it isn't. I engineer/build/impliment/maintain...

well never mind then...... you obviously can not have an adult conversation when it comes to something as simple as your job....

from the looks of this the government buys from you, and since government spending is down your hurting. but then again, isnt that what you conservatives want?? less government spending?

well never mind then...... you obviously can not have an adult conversation when it comes to something as simple as your job....

from the looks of this the government buys from you, and since government spending is down your hurting. but then again, isnt that what you conservatives want?? less government spending?

Son? I gave you pertinent answers germain to what I think.

*I* am not going to give you fodder for a political mindless attack upon ME.

*IF* you find this in err? Sorry. Go find another tree to climb in. :eusa_hand:

I see this over and over. Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc. Saying we don't need subsidies for crummy cars badly built and still with astronomical prices does not mean we don't need highways.

The conservative view is that the government should be a useful servant of the people's needs. However, you give it too much money, power, authority it becomes the worst sort of master.

I've never seen a good 'liberal' argument on a forum. All I have ever seen is victimhood which is often passed off as an argument.

Last edited:
I see this over and over. Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc. Saying we don't need subsidies for crummy cars badly built and still with astronomical prices does not mean we don't need highways.

The conservative view is that the government should be a useful servant of the people's needs. However, you give it too much money, power, authority it becomes the worst sort of master.

I've never seen a good 'liberal' argument on a forum. All I have ever seen is victimhood which is often passed off as an arguement.

:clap2:

youre failing to take into account people who already have families and get laid off forcing them to take a lower paying job.

Still missing the point where that becomes MY problem, rather than theirs. Life sucks sometimes; adults had best be smart and flexible enough to deal with it.
thats a good christian attitude you have there. a guy gets fired because his boss made some bad business decision and your solution is oh well fuck 'em, its his own fault.

When will liberals realize that no one gets a free ride in life, you make your life what it is. If you are born poor with no opportunites it is up to you to make it in life. I know someone that I went to school with that had every thing against him being successful, but he worked hard, stayed in school, worked his ass off and is doing really well today. Thats what is great about this country, he did not sit on his ass and hold his hand out, he worked his ass off and made it.

Still missing the point where that becomes MY problem, rather than theirs. Life sucks sometimes; adults had best be smart and flexible enough to deal with it.
thats a good christian attitude you have there. a guy gets fired because his boss made some bad business decision and your solution is oh well fuck 'em, its his own fault.

When will liberals realize that no one gets a free ride in life, you make your life what it is. If you are born poor with no opportunites it is up to you to make it in life. I know someone that I went to school with that had every thing against him being successful, but he worked hard, stayed in school, worked his ass off and is doing really well today. Thats what is great about this country, he did not sit on his ass and hold his hand out, he worked his ass off and made it.
Precisely. Liberty unfettered makes the world move. :clap2:

I've never seen a good 'liberal' argument on a forum. All I have ever seen is victimhood which is often passed off as an arguement.

That's because you're an idiot.

So why are you so afraid to give us your best example of a good liberal argument. What does your fear tell you?

Liberals tend to be little more than morality bigots who feel morally superior because they support various welfare schemes. Show us that you have more than a bigoted liberal feeling!! I'd love to hear the first good liberal argument ever!

Last edited:

So why are you so afraid to give us your best example of a good liberal argument. What does your fear tell you?

Conservatives generally find liberals to be nothing more than morality bigots who feel morally superior because they support various welfare schemes. Show us that you have more than a bigoted liberal feeling!!

They have to keep thier subjects on the Plantation don't cha know?

And *I* have no problem with testing recipients that use the safety net for illicit purposes to include buying drugs of any kind on the public dole.

I agree.

Most decent paying jobs drug test applicants. If one is using, then they arent seriously looking for employment.

Once theyre employed, they can indulge in anything they want as far as Im concerned.

Not me. I don't want the people I work with, most especially if they are engaged in activities that can have risks for other people, to be high on anything or impaired by anything. It is for that reason that many employers mandate an automatic drug test when an employee has a work comp injury. And almost all states allow reduced workers compensation for those who are injured and test positive unless it is a certainty that the positive drug test had nothing to do with the accident. For instance, if another employee dropped a brick on your head, a positive drug test could not possibly be a factor in the accident. But the more hazardous the work is, and the more have to depend on their coworkers, the more important a drug free workplace becomes.

And if they fail a random drug test they should be fired.

Back when I used to partake of the green stuff, a boss wanted to random drug test me and I told him straight out," I'm going to fail."

He was shocked I'd admit it and said," Then you're going to lose your job."

So I told him," Look, I will never do it before work or during work, but what I do after work is my business. If I per on that cup, all it proves is I have done something, but the work I do here and the quality of that work proves I never do it here."

I wasn't tested that day, kept my job and never was tested at that company again.

Liberals tend to be little more than morality bigots who feel morally superior because they support various welfare schemes. Show us that you have more than a bigoted liberal feeling!! I'd love to hear the first good liberal argument ever!

I believe that defending the rights given to me by God and the Constitution require me to be a liberal.

Morality has nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back