What no looting?

So the media is the government?

Suddenly, you make sense.

I wasn't near Katrina, that is true.

I was ALL UP IN the aftermath.
Finally, you admit the truth.

I'm not an illiterate, ignorant fool. When they said "Get out of here now!" we didn't go running in. We rode the actual storm out in Tillman's Corner, then drove in hugging the coast as best we could the next morning.

Illiterate, no. Ignorant fool, meh, I'd say there's a strong case for a 'yep' on that. You lack the backbone to admit you were wrong. That's ignorant. And when the evidence that you were wrong is on this damned thread, I'd say that makes you a fool.

Finally, you admit the truth.

I'm not an illiterate, ignorant fool. When they said "Get out of here now!" we didn't go running in. We rode the actual storm out in Tillman's Corner, then drove in hugging the coast as best we could the next morning.

Illiterate, no. Ignorant fool, meh, I'd say there's a strong case for a 'yep' on that. You lack the backbone to admit you were wrong. That's ignorant. And when the evidence that you were wrong is on this damned thread, I'd say that makes you a fool.

And evidently, you will continue to say it until the last breath leaves your body.

Sweet Fancy Moses!

You redefine "petulent" CG, you really do. The bar is now in orbit.

My observation is not about the government. Its about the people.

which is directly related to how government responded to the emergency.
AND how the government prepared them...they are constantly drilled on how to react to an earthquake.

Maybe the rightwingloons want us to have constant drills, run by the government, on how to react? Can you imagine the bitch fest that would ensue if anyone proposed anything like it? :lol:

How to react to an emergency, like getting under a desk or evacuating to specific places, is very different the reacting like an animal.

Being told to be responsible for yourself and having on hand emergency supplies for several days, is very different then looting.

The looters had no problems with the government response. Normal people had issues with the government response.

And evidently, you will continue to say it until the last breath leaves your body.

Sweet Fancy Moses!

You lied about me. That's something I dislike. You can call me names, and I'll laugh about it... but you lied about me. You said I said something I did not say. And, instead of being a grown up, you deflect and whine like a 2 year old.

You know you lied.

I know you lied.

Everyone who reads this thread knows you lied.

You want to be labeled a liar on this board? That's fine by me. But, these conversations have a habit of coming back to bite you months later.... as evidence of your inability to admit a simple error. And your willingness to lie about it in order to deflect from your guilt.

You really should just say 'yep, I was wrong'.... why are you such a coward?

Sweet Fancy Moses!

You lied about me. That's something I dislike. You can call me names, and I'll laugh about it... but you lied about me. You said I said something I did not say. And, instead of being a grown up, you deflect and whine like a 2 year old.

You know you lied.

I know you lied.

You want to be labeled a liar on this board? That's fine by me. But, these conversations have a habit of coming back to bite you months later.... as evidence of your inability to admit a simple error. And your willingness to lie about it in order to deflect from your guilt.

You still don't get it?

Wow.

Just wow.

Oblivion is a warm, and comforting blanket.

Sweet Fancy Moses!

You know you lied.

I know you lied.

You still don't get it?

Wow.

Just wow.

Deflecting again?

Wow.

Just wow.

De Nile, it ain't just de river in Egypt.

You know you lied.

I know you lied.

You still don't get it?

Wow.

Just wow.

Deflecting again?

Wow.

Just wow.

De Nile, it ain't just de river in Egypt.

scallops

which is directly related to how government responded to the emergency.
AND how the government prepared them...they are constantly drilled on how to react to an earthquake.

Maybe the rightwingloons want us to have constant drills, run by the government, on how to react? Can you imagine the bitch fest that would ensue if anyone proposed anything like it? :lol:

How to react to an emergency, like getting under a desk or evacuating to specific places, is very different the reacting like an animal.

Being told to be responsible for yourself and having on hand emergency supplies for several days, is very different then looting.

The looters had no problems with the government response. Normal people had issues with the government response.
You don't understand at all...the Japanese government came through immediately with rescue supplies. The Japanese people trust their government to do the right thing, therefore they themselves do the right thing.

Here is an article that only gives a glimpse into what they do to prepare, but it is enough.

Why Japan Was Ready - Max Fisher - International - The Atlantic

In our country this will never happen simply because one political party has no interest in helping people in the midst of a disaster. When you can't depend on your own government, then you fall back on evolutionary behavior and feed yourself.

If you want us to model ourselves on Japan then you need to quit believing that the government is the enemy.

It really doesn't matter what I type, does it?

You're stuck in the same track, and what the response is doesn't matter, only that there is a response.

I should thank you, though.

I just won a bet :)

God love ya, CG!

Not interested in your bets. I'm interested in your honesty.... which appears to be sadly lacking.

You're a liar. When people lie about me, I tend not to allow them to deflect from the lie in order to get themselves off the hook of the lie. You lied. An honorable person would admit they were wrong, they might even apologize. You are dishonorable. And I'll remind you of that often.

You're stuck in the same track, and what the response is doesn't matter, only that there is a response.

God love ya, CG!

Not interested in your bets. I'm interested in your honesty.... which appears to be sadly lacking.

You're a liar. When people lie about me, I tend not to allow them to deflect from the lie in order to get themselves off the hook of the lie. You lied. An honorable person would admit they were wrong, they might even apologize. You are dishonorable. And I'll remind you of that often.

spriggledonk (that's not even a word!)

Come on honey!.......daddy needs new shoes!

Last edited:
damn it ...i want to loot....granted i will need someone to carry stuff...my son has assured me...as a white woman....i will simply have to pay for the stuff at the end of the day.....

You just haven't mastered the art of effective looting.

Course we don't have a Rodney King out there to justify our looting. Sometimes being mostly Caucasian is no fun.

Last edited:

You don't understand at all...the Japanese government came through immediately with rescue supplies. The Japanese people trust their government to do the right thing, therefore they themselves do the right thing.

Here is an article that only gives a glimpse into what they do to prepare, but it is enough.

Why Japan Was Ready - Max Fisher - International - The Atlantic

In our country this will never happen simply because one political party has no interest in helping people in the midst of a disaster. When you can't depend on your own government, then you fall back on evolutionary behavior and feed yourself.

If you want us to model ourselves on Japan then you need to quit believing that the government is the enemy.
Yes, a government that actually comes through with ther promises is really weird.

God love ya, CG!

I rarely agree with CG...but she's 100% correct here. You lied about what she said and are too much of a coward to admit it. That says a lot about you.

God love ya, CG!

I think it's sweet that you're so desperate that you've created some fantasy 'bet' to try and shut me up. That's adorable. Really. I thought this shit got left behind in grade school.... See, I was wrong. Apparently, even grown ups are capable of grade school behavior. :lol::lol:

You remain a liar, little man.

Forum List

Back