What Obama thought about gay marriage in 2004

How's that sand tasting?

I see. I'm denying reality because of your opinion. :lol:

You didn't prove your assertion that the President's progression came about because of money.
You're denying reality because of your ideology. Your failure to connect the dots stem from childhood issues?

More like you're making baseless assertions because of your ideology. Your failure to deal in reality stem from your time spent in prison?
Ignorance is not a defense dear. All the evidence is there. It's your choice to ignore it.

It is your perception that the President changed his position for money. Actual evidence does not support your claim .

Look at support in 2004 compared to now.

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

All that change in support by the American people...but the President did it for money.

:lol:

You have no business calling anyone else ignorant.
Yet when the American people overwhelmingly rejected Obamacare He did it anyways.

Now stfu hack

You didn't prove your assertion that the President's progression came about because of money.
You're denying reality because of your ideology. Your failure to connect the dots stem from childhood issues?

More like you're making baseless assertions because of your ideology. Your failure to deal in reality stem from your time spent in prison?
Ignorance is not a defense dear. All the evidence is there. It's your choice to ignore it.

It is your perception that the President changed his position for money. Actual evidence does not support your claim .

All that change in support by the American people...but the President did it for money.

Yet when the American people overwhelmingly rejected Obamacare He did it anyways.

Now stfu hack
We are not a democracy. The people do not have to approve. Now you know.

How is poor pitiful you not equal due to legal gay marriage?

I am not religious, haven't been to a church in over 20 years.
However, I am open minded and fair minded enough to recognize the importance of one's beliefs in regards to religion. I believe a person has the right to not directly contribute to something that goes against that belief. Something that is very important to them. That is fair.
I don't really care about gay marriage. I only care about shoving it down other people's throats that are opposed to it. Fining someone $135,000 and putting them under a gag order at the same time for refusing to take part in a gay marriage is flat out facism. PERIOD.

PA laws requiring me to serve a Christian have been around since 1964.

People in OR have been fined more than $135,000 for not serving a Christian.

Don't care about those?

Back to the OP. When Obama was first running for his position as a Senator in Illinois he was for gay marriage. This was in 1996.

He's never been against it. He just lied to get elected .

Which is probably true.
In actuality I would say, like most, he never really thought about it - nor cared about it.
When it was politically expedient to be against it - he was. When it is politically expedient to be for it - he is.
Either way...he is a typical politician and hypocrite when and if it serves him.
You want more of that? Elect Hillary Clinton.
Well....let's look at this for a second. Why do you think that politicians no longer have a problem publically supporting gay marriage? Why do you think that is? Think about it for a second.............
Are we still waiting?

Now stfu hack

Well Gosh Captain non sequitur. Other than being wrong on your deflection, what has that to do with people's changing views?

Well....let's look at this for a second. Why do you think that politicians no longer have a problem publically supporting gay marriage? Why do you think that is? Think about it for a second.............

It doesn't take a second. Politicians couldn't give a rats ass about gay marriage. However, they thoroughly appreciate the distractions of ALL of these non issues/side issues.
It keeps people from talking about things like since 2009 the top 7% earners have increased their earnings by 33%, while the remaining 93% of WORKING Americans have suffered a 5% decline.
They absolutely LOVE everyone talking about minor, yet emotionally charged issues than how our previous Democratic Republic has been turned into a corporatist oligarchy while we bitch at eachother about whose party is worse.

Back to the OP. When Obama was first running for his position as a Senator in Illinois he was for gay marriage. This was in 1996.

Which is probably true.
In actuality I would say, like most, he never really thought about it - nor cared about it.
When it was politically expedient to be against it - he was. When it is politically expedient to be for it - he is.
Either way...he is a typical politician and hypocrite when and if it serves him.

Oh it's true that he was originally for gay marriage in 1996. And he was lying his ass off in all other elections.

1. “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages,” while running in 1996 for Illinois state Senate, in a written response to a questionnaire from Chicago’s Outlines gay newspaper.

Obama gay marriage quotes - POLITICO.com

Now stfu hack

Well Gosh Captain non sequitur. Other than being wrong on your deflection, what has that to do with people's changing views?
Fail.

Now stfu hack

Fail.

Again old feller, saying it doesn't make it true. Your non response is telling.

Outraged is too strong a word but a real American believes in equality first, tradition second. The first one is more important.

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
Hmmm, seems that is what the religious have done in this nation for a couple hundred years....

Find me one church that forced you to go to it since this country started.

And the progressive left had complained about any social peer pressure from religious groups the whole time it occured, until of course, they realized they can use the same thing to get their own way.

Find me one homosexual that has forced you to be gay since this country started.

For 200 years Christian Americans used their position of majority- and authority- to promote discrimination and criminalization of homosexuals.

The efforts of gay Americans to be treated legally equally is nothing close to the efforts Christian Americans have done to throw homosexuals in jail or banned from employment.
Or killed....

That would be ISIS not Christians. Wrong religion.

Which is probably true.
Like Dick Cheney, who was against gheys, until his ghey daughter told him if he publicly had that opinion he would never see his grandchild, and now he accepts gheys as being okay?

No. Obama was always for same sex marriage. He just lied his ass off to get elected.

I know, I know. What else is new?

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
Hmmm, seems that is what the religious have done in this nation for a couple hundred years....

And the progressive left had complained about any social peer pressure from religious groups the whole time it occured, until of course, they realized they can use the same thing to get their own way.

Find me one homosexual that has forced you to be gay since this country started.

For 200 years Christian Americans used their position of majority- and authority- to promote discrimination and criminalization of homosexuals.

The efforts of gay Americans to be treated legally equally is nothing close to the efforts Christian Americans have done to throw homosexuals in jail or banned from employment.
Or killed....

Sure, Christians have never killed a ghey person because they are ghey...

Or killed....

Pffffft. Get back to me when Presbyterians start throwing gays off rooftops mm'kay?

Which is probably true.
Like Dick Cheney, who was against gheys, until his ghey daughter told him if he publicly had that opinion he would never see his grandchild, and now he accepts gheys as being okay?

No. Obama was always for same sex marriage. He just lied his ass off to get elected.

Or- he changed his mind- like millions of Americans, and you are just lying about Obama.

Or killed....

Not in America. In America it's mostly self described Christians that do the gay bashing.

And our Christians have taken to sending their hateful "kill the gays" laws to Uganda and Russia since they failed here.

Meet the American Pastor Behind Uganda s Anti-Gay Crackdown Mother Jones

Or killed....

Pffffft. Get back to me when Presbyterians start throwing gays off rooftops mm'kay?
It's Baptist that were the worst in the 1980's....

How is poor pitiful you not equal due to legal gay marriage?

I don't really care about gay marriage. I only care about shoving it down other people's throats that are opposed to it. Fining someone $135,000 and putting them under a gag order at the same time for refusing to take part in a gay marriage is flat out facism. PERIOD.

In the order that directed that fine- it was noted that the penalties were in line with other penalties imposed- including a penalty of over $200,000 imposed upon an employer for discriminating against an employee because of her Christianity.

Christian employers are not exempted from the very law that has been used to protect Christians against discrimination.

Now stfu hack

Suuuuuuure.

Which is probably true.
Are we still waiting?
Apparently.

Forum List

Back