What Obama thought about gay marriage in 2004

Outraged is too strong a word but a real American believes in equality first, tradition second. The first one is more important.

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
Hmmm, seems that is what the religious have done in this nation for a couple hundred years....

Find me one church that forced you to go to it since this country started.

And the progressive left had complained about any social peer pressure from religious groups the whole time it occured, until of course, they realized they can use the same thing to get their own way.
Oh I can find you a business that required that you had a specific religion...or by working for the company will exert it's religious influence whether you like it or not...And I can show you how kids were forced to pray or received peer pressure..Don't set there and tell me that laws in the US have not been influenced buy one religion....States that do have a religious test before taking office that one was elected to....and this crap where you have to swear to God in allegiances, are you saying that was not influenced by a religious person...?

Those aren't examples of churches forcing you to join them.

And if kids are made to go to church by their parents that is none of your God Damn business.

You don't have to say God or any other words in the pledge. If you feel as such, be proud about it.
They made us pray in a public school, fuck God damned assholes that force their fucking religions on people...they are pieces of hypocritical shit upon the Earth and are no better than any other human....except the ones that try to sell you fake flowers....

Outraged is too strong a word but a real American believes in equality first, tradition second. The first one is more important.

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
Hmmm, seems that is what the religious have done in this nation for a couple hundred years....

And the progressive left had complained about any social peer pressure from religious groups the whole time it occured, until of course, they realized they can use the same thing to get their own way.
Oh I can find you a business that required that you had a specific religion...or by working for the company will exert it's religious influence whether you like it or not...And I can show you how kids were forced to pray or received peer pressure..Don't set there and tell me that laws in the US have not been influenced buy one religion....States that do have a religious test before taking office that one was elected to....and this crap where you have to swear to God in allegiances, are you saying that was not influenced by a religious person...?

Those aren't examples of churches forcing you to join them.

And if kids are made to go to church by their parents that is none of your God Damn business.

You don't have to say God or any other words in the pledge. If you feel as such, be proud about it.
Yeah, try being sworn into office where you have to say God and see what happens, it has before..and the y guy did not get into the position he was elected to...

And stop calling this country free, equal with justice for all if your going to tell people they can't do what the majority can do unless they are like the other crowd...and stop claiming Christianity is about peace, love or harmony..

The outrage should be directed at those who did not change their mind

Why should people be outraged at someone thinking marriage is between a man and a woman?

No, it's equality. Two adults apply for a marriage license and it's granted regardless of their sexes. Equality is the argument that won the day because no one could find a compelling reason for the state to discriminate. All the anti-equality side had was tradition, and that's not enough in this case.

Bullshit. Equality is the nice safe buzzword to mask governmental action to make you think they way progressives want you to think.
Nope, you're wrong, and thinking that way is why you lose. Our position is better in this case because we, like all Americans should be, are for equality.

Nope, you're wrong, and thinking that way is why you lose. Our position is better in this case because we, like all Americans should be, are for equality.

Bullshit.
You are for what you perceive as equality.
You can't trounce on religious freedom on one hand, while on the other claim open mindedness.

Usually LGBT supporters call it hate speech. GWB didn’t support gay marriages. Obama didn’t support gay marriages while running for the US Senate, so when he runned for presidency nothing foreshadowed countrywide legalization during his term. But then he changed his mind and same-sex marriage legalization agenda had its start. Flip… Flop… Flip… Flop…

So, about 25 % of Americans did the same thing. And simply opposing gay marriage is not hateful; the things that opponents say about gay people is hateful. Calling them a threat to children is hateful. Calling them deviants and perverts is hateful. Comparing them to pedophiles is hateful.

And.....? Do you hold the exact same opinions on everything you held in 2004?
Yes, I do. I thought absolutely the same about the same-sex marriages.
Why do you defend flip-flopping incumbent President?

Allow me to repeat myself. DADT gone. DOMA gone. Marriage equality all 50 states. More advances in LGBT equality under this "flip flopping incumbent President" than all the previous presidents combined.

Why the fuck should I care what he said about gay marriage 11 years ago when his actions tell a completely different story?

Because it means you back liars as long as they support your position.

It makes you a dishonest hack.
Changing your view does not make you a liar.

Obama changed his mind regarding gay marriage.....after he did, the rate of acceptance of gay marriage accelerated

He didn't change his mind, he lied to placate his black christian base, and when push came to shove, abandoned them.

Actually, it was Joe Biden who bullied Obama into changing his stance on gay marriage.

Once he did, the changing tide on gay marriage became a tsunami

Bullshit.
You feel the same about John Kasich and his change of heart after his son came out? Why is it that you folks are so immune to change; to progress; to learning nes facts and considering those facts in forming your opinions?

Actions speak louder than words....

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

Ooh, but his words 11 years ago!!! {gasp}
MONEY spoke louder than words dear. He "evolved" because the LGBT cpacs said no gay marriage no money.
He doesn't give a rats ass about your cause. He wanted the money & the votes of lemmings
And why did the other thirty percent of Americans who have, likewise, changed their minds, do so?

Obama changed his mind regarding gay marriage.....after he did, the rate of acceptance of gay marriage accelerated

He didn't change his mind, he lied to placate his black christian base, and when push came to shove, abandoned them.
You seem to know what he was thinking....interesting that you believe you have that kind of power.

He's right now on the issue. That's all that matters.

No he lied previously on the issue, and you seem to be OK with that.

Evidently lying is acceptable if it gets you the outcome you desire.

Every time you change your mind you are lying?

Obama never changed his mind. But keep pretending his view "evolved". Lying to the proles comes naturally to progressives like Obama and yourself.
I can sense that this has you extremely upset. I suggest you send a letter to your congressman urging him to commence impeachment proceedings immediately! And while you are at it, tell him it would be a good idea to bring up another vote in congress to repeal the ACA.

The only thing I am concerned about is posters here playing the "I believe him game" when they obviously do not.

Your argumentum ad absurdum, however is noted.
I believe him because I made the same journey. I also argued then that marriage was for a man and woman only; that gay couples could have a civil union with identical rights and responsibilities. The more I listened to gay people explain why they wanted to be married, including a gay couple whose son I worked with and who proved that the claims about gay people being bad for children was a fucking lie, the more I realized that full marriage equality was the only appropriate position to take.

Actually, it was Joe Biden who bullied Obama into changing his stance on gay marriage.

Bullshit.
You feel the same about John Kasich and his change of heart after his son came out? Why is it that you folks are so immune to change; to progress; to learning nes facts and considering those facts in forming your opinions?
They are called Con-servatives for a reason. They can't accept change and do not understand it in others.

High-Profile Politicians Who Changed Their Positions on Gay Marriage - ABC News

Where is the outrage about every other politicians who has changed their opinion about gay marriage along with the American people?

Why should people be outraged at someone thinking marriage is between a man and a woman?
Because they are denying it to others

If you think marriage is between a man and a woman then fine....marry a woman
Who someone else chooses to marry has no affect on you

I offered one link already. On top of that this discussion along with tons of links was provided at the time.
Just because you are gay and don't want it to be true doesn't make it so. The end result is the same either way so it really doesn't matter. Having said that sticking your head in the sand doesn't negate the fact of how Obama found his new position

You made a claim of "no money" which is clearly untrue. He was still getting donations from LGBT groups and they were STILL going to support him over the Romneybot.

It wasn't for money.

How's that sand tasting?

I see. I'm denying reality because of your opinion. :lol:

You didn't prove your assertion that the President's progression came about because of money.
You're denying reality because of your ideology. Your failure to connect the dots stem from childhood issues?

More like you're making baseless assertions because of your ideology. Your failure to deal in reality stem from your time spent in prison?
Ignorance is not a defense dear. All the evidence is there. It's your choice to ignore it.

Where is the outrage about every other politicians who has changed their opinion about gay marriage along with the American people?

Because they are denying it to others

If you think marriage is between a man and a woman then fine....marry a woman
Who someone else chooses to marry has no affect on you
You can personally think that marriage should be between a man and woman and still support marriage equality. It is called tolerance.

Go right ahead....just don't codify it so we all have to go the same way as you "believe".

Bullshit.
They are called Con-servatives for a reason. They can't accept change and do not understand it in others.
Baseless immature nonsense

Bullshit.
You are for what you perceive as equality.
You can't trounce on religious freedom on one hand, while on the other claim open mindedness.
How is poor pitiful you not equal due to legal gay marriage?

Find me one homosexual that has forced you to be gay since this country started.

For 200 years Christian Americans used their position of majority- and authority- to promote discrimination and criminalization of homosexuals.

The efforts of gay Americans to be treated legally equally is nothing close to the efforts Christian Americans have done to throw homosexuals in jail or banned from employment.

Bullshit.
Baseless immature nonsense
And you prove the validity of what I said over and over and over again. Thank you.

Forum List

Back