What Obama thought about gay marriage in 2004

Actions speak louder than words....

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

Ooh, but his words 11 years ago!!! {gasp}
MONEY spoke louder than words dear. He "evolved" because the LGBT cpacs said no gay marriage no money.
He doesn't give a rats ass about your cause. He wanted the money & the votes of lemmings

Link? Show where he was getting no money from LGBT groups until he evolved.

And to think that he actually changed his mind instead of pandering to his base by lying is at best willfully ignorant, and at worst agreeing that this was the right thing to do.

He's right now on the issue. That's all that matters.

No he lied previously on the issue, and you seem to be OK with that.

Evidently lying is acceptable if it gets you the outcome you desire.

Every time you change your mind you are lying?

Obama never changed his mind. But keep pretending his view "evolved". Lying to the proles comes naturally to progressives like Obama and yourself.
I can sense that this has you extremely upset. I suggest you send a letter to your congressman urging him to commence impeachment proceedings immediately! And while you are at it, tell him it would be a good idea to bring up another vote in congress to repeal the ACA.

The only thing I am concerned about is posters here playing the "I believe him game" when they obviously do not.

Your argumentum ad absurdum, however is noted.

Obama changed his mind regarding gay marriage.....after he did, the rate of acceptance of gay marriage accelerated

He didn't change his mind, he lied to placate his black christian base, and when push came to shove, abandoned them.

The percentage of Americans supporting gay marriage is up by almost 20 percentage points since 2004.

To deny that someone could simply change one's mind on the issue is ignorant.

And to think that he actually changed his mind instead of pandering to his base by lying is at best willfully ignorant, and at worst agreeing that this was the right thing to do.

So you oppose someone lying to infiltrate a terrorist organization?

Why? Is it your sympathies for the enemy that inspire you to take that position?

Obama never changed his mind. But keep pretending his view "evolved". Lying to the proles comes naturally to progressives like Obama and yourself.
I can sense that this has you extremely upset. I suggest you send a letter to your congressman urging him to commence impeachment proceedings immediately! And while you are at it, tell him it would be a good idea to bring up another vote in congress to repeal the ACA.

The only thing I am concerned about is posters here playing the "I believe him game" when they obviously do not.

How many conservative politicians who have stated their opposition to same sex marriage can you prove are telling the truth?

He didn't change his mind, he lied to placate his black christian base, and when push came to shove, abandoned them.

The percentage of Americans supporting gay marriage is up by almost 20 percentage points since 2004.

To deny that someone could simply change one's mind on the issue is ignorant.

So you oppose someone lying to infiltrate a terrorist organization?

Why? Is it your sympathies for the enemy that inspire you to take that position?

You are comparing apples with staplers. The fact you have to go to this shows you can't answer the question honestly.

Lying to a bunch of terrorists to further a criminal or military investigation in no way compares to 1) lying by a politician and 2) hacks such as yourself accepting said lie, and trying to pretend it wasn't a lie at all.

How many conservative politicians who have stated their opposition to same sex marriage can you prove are telling the truth?

Ho many of them have completely changed their position?

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

MONEY spoke louder than words dear. He "evolved" because the LGBT cpacs said no gay marriage no money.
He doesn't give a rats ass about your cause. He wanted the money & the votes of lemmings

I offered one link already. On top of that this discussion along with tons of links was provided at the time.
Just because you are gay and don't want it to be true doesn't make it so. The end result is the same either way so it really doesn't matter. Having said that sticking your head in the sand doesn't negate the fact of how Obama found his new position

In 2004, I can't think of many politicians who supported gay marriage
In 2015, Seems most of them do

In 2004, I can't think of many politicians who supported gay marriage
In 2015, Seems most of them do
The PC crowd had no power in 2004. Social media has elevated the nuts from both sides to dangerous power levels.

I don't think it was so insidious

I think it was just a result of most people realizing it is the right thing to do

I don't believe for a hot second that Obama was ever opposed to gay marriage. It was politically expedient for him to be 'opposed' in 2008 and nothing more.

Last edited:
I don't believe for a hot second that Obama was ever opposed to gay marriage. It was politically expedient from him to be 'opposed' in 2008 and nothing more.

I really think that in 2004, he just didn't care about it

Ho many of them have completely changed their position?

All the ones with gay kids.

I offered one link already. On top of that this discussion along with tons of links was provided at the time.
Just because you are gay and don't want it to be true doesn't make it so. The end result is the same either way so it really doesn't matter. Having said that sticking your head in the sand doesn't negate the fact of how Obama found his new position

You made a claim of "no money" which is clearly untrue. He was still getting donations from LGBT groups and they were STILL going to support him over the Romneybot.

It wasn't for money.

You made a claim of "no money" which is clearly untrue. He was still getting donations from LGBT groups and they were STILL going to support him over the Romneybot.

It wasn't for money.

How's that sand tasting?

It wasn't for money.

How's that sand tasting?

I see. I'm denying reality because of your opinion. :lol:

You didn't prove your assertion that the President's progression came about because of money.

And.....? Do you hold the exact same opinions on everything you held in 2004?
Yes, I do. I thought absolutely the same about the same-sex marriages.
Why do you defend flip-flopping incumbent President?

Allow me to repeat myself. DADT gone. DOMA gone. Marriage equality all 50 states. More advances in LGBT equality under this "flip flopping incumbent President" than all the previous presidents combined.

Why the fuck should I care what he said about gay marriage 11 years ago when his actions tell a completely different story?

Because it means you back liars as long as they support your position.

It makes you a dishonest hack.

:lol: Yeah, you go with that. You've never supported or voted a candidate that changed positions on anything eh?

How is saying you've changed your position on something lying exactly?

From day one, President Obama has been supportive of gay rights, including marriage equality. Despite what he "said" about gays marrying in 2004, in 2011 he refused to defend DOMA.

So you think back in 2004 he was actually against gay marriage?

Yes or No answer.
I will answer "I don't know" because I cannot read his mind. You seem to do much better at that.

Obama changed his mind regarding gay marriage.....after he did, the rate of acceptance of gay marriage accelerated

Millions of Americans have changed their mind since 2004.

Are they all 'lying' also?

Or is it just when Obama changes his position- only Obama is lying.

Forum List

Back