What Obama thought about gay marriage in 2004

Actions speak louder than words....

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

Ooh, but his words 11 years ago!!! {gasp}
MONEY spoke louder than words dear. He "evolved" because the LGBT cpacs said no gay marriage no money.
He doesn't give a rats ass about your cause. He wanted the money & the votes of lemmings
And why did the other thirty percent of Americans who have, likewise, changed their minds, do so?
Dunno & don't care. They don't run the country. I couldn't give a rats ass what my neighbors think and honestly it's none of my business

Why should people be outraged at someone thinking marriage is between a man and a woman?
Outraged is too strong a word but a real American believes in equality first, tradition second. The first one is more important.

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
Hmmm, seems that is what the religious have done in this nation for a couple hundred years....

Find me one church that forced you to go to it since this country started.

And the progressive left had complained about any social peer pressure from religious groups the whole time it occured, until of course, they realized they can use the same thing to get their own way.

Find me one homosexual that has forced you to be gay since this country started.

For 200 years Christian Americans used their position of majority- and authority- to promote discrimination and criminalization of homosexuals.

The efforts of gay Americans to be treated legally equally is nothing close to the efforts Christian Americans have done to throw homosexuals in jail or banned from employment.
Or killed....

Nope, you're wrong, and thinking that way is why you lose. Our position is better in this case because we, like all Americans should be, are for equality.

Bullshit.
You are for what you perceive as equality.
You can't trounce on religious freedom on one hand, while on the other claim open mindedness.
I'm not open-minded to your religiously-based discrimination. This is a secular nation. Your faith gets the backseat. You'll just have to deal...

Actually, it was Joe Biden who bullied Obama into changing his stance on gay marriage.

Once he did, the changing tide on gay marriage became a tsunami

Bullshit.
You feel the same about John Kasich and his change of heart after his son came out? Why is it that you folks are so immune to change; to progress; to learning nes facts and considering those facts in forming your opinions?
They are called Con-servatives for a reason. They can't accept change and do not understand it in others.
Baseless immature nonsense
And you prove the validity of what I said over and over and over again. Thank you.
The only thing proven is you won't leave the shallow end of the kiddie pool

How is poor pitiful you not equal due to legal gay marriage?

I am not religious, haven't been to a church in over 20 years.
However, I am open minded and fair minded enough to recognize the importance of one's beliefs in regards to religion. I believe a person has the right to not directly contribute to something that goes against that belief. Something that is very important to them. That is fair.
I don't really care about gay marriage. I only care about shoving it down other people's throats that are opposed to it. Fining someone $135,000 and putting them under a gag order at the same time for refusing to take part in a gay marriage is flat out facism. PERIOD.

I'm not open-minded to your religiously-based discrimination. This is a secular nation. Your faith gets the backseat. You'll just have to deal...

And here is a perfect example of facism.
"My beliefs trumps your beliefs, so fuck you".
Like I said, I don't care about gay marriage, I only care about others forcing it down the throats of people that don't.

DADT gone. DOMA gone. More advances in LGBT rights than all previous presidents combined.

MONEY spoke louder than words dear. He "evolved" because the LGBT cpacs said no gay marriage no money.
He doesn't give a rats ass about your cause. He wanted the money & the votes of lemmings
And why did the other thirty percent of Americans who have, likewise, changed their minds, do so?
Dunno & don't care. They don't run the country. I couldn't give a rats ass what my neighbors think and honestly it's none of my business
But, who your neighbor marries is your business? If you don't know or don't care why tens of millions of Americans changed their views, how do you know that they did not do so for the same reason the President did? If tens of millions of Americans want their government to stop banning gay people from marrying, is that not something the President and others in government should consider?

However, I am open minded and fair minded enough to recognize the importance of one's beliefs in regards to religion. I believe a person has the right to not directly contribute to something that goes against that belief. Something that is very important to them. That is fair.
I don't really care about gay marriage. I only care about shoving it down other people's throats that are opposed to it. Fining someone $135,000 and putting them under a gag order at the same time for refusing to take part in a gay marriage is flat out facism. PERIOD.
They were not fined for refusing take part in a gay marriage. They were never asked to participate in a gay marriage. They were fined for violating a law passed by the state or Oregon that requires that business that operate in that state not discriminate in their provision of services. And there was no gag order. That was a lie. There was an Order directing them to cease and desist from continuing to tell gay people that they would not provide their services to them. They could talk about the case all they wanted but they were not permitted to continue to tell people that they would discriminate.

They were not fined for refusing take part in a gay marriage. They were never asked to participate in a gay marriage. They were fined for violating a law passed by the state or Oregon that requires that business that operate in that state not discriminate in their provision of services. And there was no gag order. That was a lie. There was an Order directing them to cease and desist from continuing to tell gay people that they would not provide their services to them. They could talk about the case all they wanted but they were not permitted to continue to tell people that they would discriminate.

Spin_Master_LOGO.jpg

Back to the OP. When Obama was first running for his position as a Senator in Illinois he was for gay marriage. This was in 1996.

He's never been against it. He just lied to get elected .

Back to the OP. When Obama was first running for his position as a Senator in Illinois he was for gay marriage. This was in 1996.

Which is probably true.
In actuality I would say, like most, he never really thought about it - nor cared about it.
When it was politically expedient to be against it - he was. When it is politically expedient to be for it - he is.
Either way...he is a typical politician and hypocrite when and if it serves him.
You want more of that? Elect Hillary Clinton.

But, who your neighbor marries is your business? If you don't know or don't care why tens of millions of Americans changed their views, how do you know that they did not do so for the same reason the President did? If tens of millions of Americans want their government to stop banning gay people from marrying, is that not something the President and others in government should consider?
How do I know Americans didn't approve of gay marriage for the same reasons?

Because gay donors didn't threaten to pull funding from them like the did to Obama.

Next dumb question?

So...your issue is with 50 year old Public Accomodation laws. What have you actively done to repeal them in your state?

I can sense that this has you extremely upset. I suggest you send a letter to your congressman urging him to commence impeachment proceedings immediately! And while you are at it, tell him it would be a good idea to bring up another vote in congress to repeal the ACA.

The only thing I am concerned about is posters here playing the "I believe him game" when they obviously do not.

Your argumentum ad absurdum, however is noted.

How many conservative politicians who have stated their opposition to same sex marriage can you prove are telling the truth?

Ho many of them have completely changed their position?

All the ones with gay kids.

Not answering the question.

It did. Dick Cheney and Rob Portman changed based on their kids. Jon Huntsman and Bob Barr have also "evolved".

Last edited:

And here is a perfect example of facism.
"My beliefs trumps your beliefs, so fuck you".
Like I said, I don't care about gay marriage, I only care about others forcing it down the throats of people that don't.
Who do you know who has been forced into a gay marriage?

The outrage should be directed at those who did not change their mind

Why should people be outraged at someone thinking marriage is between a man and a woman?
Outraged is too strong a word but a real American believes in equality first, tradition second. The first one is more important.

Stop generalizing. and it's not "equality" the left is after, it superiority of their position at the expense of others, and using government to get it.
No, it's equality. Two adults apply for a marriage license and it's granted regardless of their sexes. Equality is the argument that won the day because no one could find a compelling reason for the state to discriminate. All the anti-equality side had was tradition, and that's not enough in this case.

Bullshit. Equality is the nice safe buzzword to mask governmental action to make you think they way progressives want you to think.

Got examples that don't harken back to the Civil Rights Act?

Spin_Master_LOGO.jpg
What he said is true. You're problem is with the same PA laws that protect Christians.

Which is probably true.
In actuality I would say, like most, he never really thought about it - nor cared about it.
When it was politically expedient to be against it - he was. When it is politically expedient to be for it - he is.
Either way...he is a typical politician and hypocrite when and if it serves him.
Well....let's look at this for a second. Why do you think that politicians no longer have a problem publically supporting gay marriage? Why do you think that is? Think about it for a second.............

Which is probably true.
Like Dick Cheney, who was against gheys, until his ghey daughter told him if he publicly had that opinion he would never see his grandchild, and now he accepts gheys as being okay?

You made a claim of "no money" which is clearly untrue. He was still getting donations from LGBT groups and they were STILL going to support him over the Romneybot.

It wasn't for money.

How's that sand tasting?

I see. I'm denying reality because of your opinion. :lol:

You didn't prove your assertion that the President's progression came about because of money.
You're denying reality because of your ideology. Your failure to connect the dots stem from childhood issues?

More like you're making baseless assertions because of your ideology. Your failure to deal in reality stem from your time spent in prison?
Ignorance is not a defense dear. All the evidence is there. It's your choice to ignore it.

It is your perception that the President changed his position for money. Actual evidence does not support your claim .

Look at support in 2004 compared to now.

ycf4akubeuwcyhgyxljyig.png

All that change in support by the American people...but the President did it for money.

:lol:

You have no business calling anyone else ignorant.

Forum List

Back