What pisses you off the most about people playing the race card in politics

Actually he didn't. JFK got us out of a situation that would of been the beginning of World War III.

Dubya still has a few months to blow up the rest of the world.

It's amazing how people don't know how often we are close to coming to blows with countries or war.

Besides, the Soviet Union lied back then at how many nuclear weapons they actually had. They bolstered their # in order to make it seem they were more of a threat.

Today though, they have a superior # of nuclear weapons to the USA.

You might wanna read up on what was actually in Cuba compared to what we thought was there. And trying to assasinate Castro ? How does that go over with ya ?

You might wanna read up on what was actually in Cuba compared to what we thought was there. And trying to assasinate Castro ? How does that go over with ya ?

You mean trying to kill Castro? Assassinate :eusa_whistle:

I think you seem to forget the number of foreign leaders America has either eliminated, helped eliminate, or gotten out of power over the years.

Besides, if one of the JFK theories hold true then Castro got his revenge. Though personally I don't think Castro was the one who did him in. :eusa_whistle:

Kennedy also approved the use of chemical weapons in South Vietnam. He and his brother were responsible for crop burnings across Cuba. Why? the country's successful defiance of the Monroe Doctrine.

You mean trying to kill Castro? Assassinate :eusa_whistle:

I think you seem to forget the number of foreign leaders America has either eliminated, helped eliminate, or gotten out of power over the years.

Besides, if one of the JFK theories hold true then Castro got his revenge. Though personally I don't think Castro was the one who did him in. :eusa_whistle:

Kill -Assasinate----whatever--Did you like his idea? How about Viet Nam ?

Kill -Assasinate----whatever--Did you like his idea? How about Viet Nam ?

Gee, I think you forget it was Eisenhower who originally came with both the plan for Bay of Pigs and of course entering Vietnam.

But in case you don't know.

Bay of Pigs Invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On March 17, 1960, the US President Dwight D. Eisenhower agreed to a recommendation from the Central Intelligence Agency to equip and drill Cuban exiles for action against the new Cuban government of Fidel Castro.[4] Eisenhower stated it was the policy of the US government to aid anti-Castro guerrilla forces.[5] The CIA was initially confident it was capable of overthrowing the Cuban government, having experience assisting in the overthrow of other foreign governments such as the government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh in 1953 and Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán in 1954.

Oh and what's this? Evidence backing up my claim of how there are many foreign leaders we overthrew past before that and after that? :eek:

Kennedy was going to disband the CIA actually, which was what probably got him killed.

And you forget this:

Kennedy still did not know was policy to pursue in Vietnam. He had already begun to speak to his advisers about pulling out. He had announced that he was pulling out 1,000 men from Vietnam at the end of the year. Kennedy, however, left no doubt that he will see the war through until he won reelection in 1964. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963. The only thing certain about Kennedy's role in Vietnam before he died was that he had escalated America's military, political, and maybe psychological commitment to Vietnam.

He would of pulled out of vietnam.

Oh and for Eisenhower and Vietnam?

The first American serviceman generally recognized to be killed in Vietnam died in 1957, during IKE'S term.

JFK was just following Ike's policies and intensifying as Ike would have.

Gee, I think you forget it was Eisenhower who originally came with both the plan for Bay of Pigs and of course entering Vietnam.

Oh and what's this? Evidence backing up my claim of how there are many foreign leaders we overthrew past before that and after that? :eek:

Kennedy was going to disband the CIA actually, which was what probably got him killed.

And you forget this:

The first American serviceman generally recognized to be killed in Vietnam died in 1957, during IKE'S term.

There is plenty of evidence of the US overthrowing regimes and supplanting dictators since 1945. We're just saying Kennedy was no different. Diem was assassinated two weeks before Kennedy. He wouldn't have just cut and run with the South in chaos.

There is plenty of evidence of the US overthrowing regimes and supplanting dictators since 1945. We're just saying Kennedy was no different. Diem was assassinated two weeks before Kennedy. He wouldn't have just cut and run with the South in chaos.

Kennedy was different however. Otherwise he wouldn't of been killed for having different ideas.

The CIA hated Kennedy after Bay of Pigs and hated even more once he wanted to disband the group.

The FBI (especially J Edgar Hoover) hated Kennedy and his brother Bobby.

The brothers were going after the mob, which also is a theory as to why Jack was killed. Instead of going for the tail at the time which was Bobby, they went for the head of the "snake" which was Jack.

"I thought they'd get one of us, but Jack, after all he's been through, never worried about it I thought it would be me."
- Bobby Kennedy

Which would also explain why Bobby was killed when he got so close to the White House. Lets face it, he would of won the presidency that year.

Kennedy was different however. Otherwise he wouldn't of been killed for having different ideas.

The CIA hated Kennedy after Bay of Pigs and hated even more once he wanted to disband the group.

The FBI (especially J Edgar Hoover) hated Kennedy and his brother Bobby.

The brothers were going after the mob, which also is a theory as to why Jack was killed. Instead of going for the tail at the time which was Bobby, they went for the head of the "snake" which was Jack.

"I thought they'd get one of us, but Jack, after all he's been through, never worried about it I thought it would be me."
- Bobby Kennedy

Which would also explain why Bobby was killed when he got so close to the White House. Lets face it, he would of won the presidency that year.

bobby was trailing Humphrey considerably in delegates. Johnson would have controlled the DNC. It would have been difficult. certainly not a shoo-in. Most historians say he would have had a 50/50 chance of winning the democratic nomination.

bobby was trailing Humphrey considerably in delegates. Johnson would have controlled the DNC. It would have been difficult. certainly not a shoo-in. Most historians say he would have had a 50/50 chance of winning the democratic nomination.

You forget he won South Dakota and California on the night of his death which were crucial states. I think he would of won and he would of easily defeated Nixon.

Looking Back at Bobby Kennedy: Another ?What If?? - News & Features (washingtonian.com)

hopefully, you can get those blinders off before you can actually vote.

there's racism on both sides, in both parties. that you don't see it says more about you than anything else.

I agree about racism on both sides but the difference that I see is the white folks are blunt about it like in the many video's we have seen during the campaign but I havent seen any video of blacks at an Obama rally acting the same way towards Mccain.

I agree about racism on both sides but the difference that I see is the white folks are blunt about it like in the many video's we have seen during the campaign but I havent seen any video of blacks at an Obama rally acting the same way towards Mccain.

That's what exactly I was talking about chuck.

Great thread by the way.

And you forget this:

Pretty easy to glorify a dead man. You have no idea what Kennedy would have done and please don't blame Ike for Kennedy's policies.

that's a fair point. why do you think that is? honest question, BTW. i haven't watched much video of either side myself.

Pretty easy to glorify a dead man. You have no idea what Kennedy would have done and please don't blame Ike for Kennedy's policies.

Pretty easy to try and knock a dead man like you are trying to do.

I have a idea of what Kennedy would of done based on his prior actions in the past.

And Ike's policies are what Kennedy intensifyed. Vietnam and Bay of Pigs were both Ike's ideas. Not Kennedy's. So therefore, you would be wrong.

that's a fair point. why do you think that is? honest question, BTW. i haven't watched much video of either side myself.

I think Blacks are smart enough to know that when you have a chance to have a black president then dont screw it up by acting like an ass. I think they have been biting their tongues.

Forum List

Back