What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jews endured pogroms and persecution for over a thousand years. Educated Jews fleeing persecution in Europe where what fueled the Muslim advances in the Middle Ages. Pogroms in Russia fueled the massive immigration of Jews to the US in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
The Jews are white and there is no such as anti white racism. So that means that doors opened for them that never would have open for blacks

The flippant “solution” is “well they had affirmative action, if they didn’t take advantage of it it is there fault”. This indicates, imo, a lack of understanding of what affirmative action is and of what reparations are.
I always love it when you take swipes at me, but are unwilling to do so directly.

The term you are actually looking for isn't "flippant", it is "rational". You cannot counter the very much rational notion that people refusing to take advantage of an opportunity by no means undermines the notion that such opportunity is an integral part of the system, so you resort to snark and speciousness.

I dont owe anyone a dime. And no one today owes blacks a dime either.
I have never owned a slave. My father never owned a slave. Neither my grandfather nor any of his forebearers ever owned a slave.

I have been paying taxes ever since I was 16 years old working in a lumber mill. I am now 67, still working, and have never taken a dime from the government -- only paid in untold tens of thousands of dollars.

Some people are incapable of seeing anything but tribe, so they see my very pale skin and blue eyes and assign me to the "oppressor" tribe. They want to take money away from me and give it to others based upon similar superficialities of THEIR tribe, and all of this despite the reality that I am not in any way responsible for events of two centuries ago, and the very people pushing for "reparations" have been offered every advantage in the world, but would rather demand a lot of free shit than actually work for a living like I have.

It's all complete bunk.

Actually Judaism Is both religion and ”race”, you can be an atheist but still a Jew. Oppression Olympics is a good way to put it, and that is why I hate to pit one groups suffering against another, when each is unique.

It’s sad when we feel we have to put down one group in order to raise up another or maintain it in “1st place” on the suffering scale, and seems that is what is happening. As if there isn’t room for them all.

No one (in this thread at least) refuses to acknowledge the unspeakable atrocities of the Holocaust as having a singular place in modern history. But despite that, how can you compare an atrocity that was essentially one horrific event with one that was generations of oppression and cruelty inflicted by a government on a people?

The flippant “solution” is “well they had affirmative action, if they didn’t take advantage of it it is there fault”. This indicates, imo, a lack of understanding of what affirmative action is and of what reparations are.

We actually have two large groups (imo) who we, in the form of our government, owe Reparations…African Americans and Native Americans. I wonder what would happen if you pit those two against each other on the ”suffering scale”, would African Americans still come out on the bottom?

It also behooves me that two historically abused groups of people can not find common cause today.
Actually blacks and native American have come together. But the difference is that Native Americans have received some reparation but not nearly enough to compensate for what was done. The tribe who lives in or around the black hills has billions of dollars sitting in a trust fund they haven't touched. Cobell v. Salazar were reparations given to a native American tribe due to the Dawes Act.

All atrocities are terrible. There is no such thing as a competition, but what is being done here by certain members is a dismissal of anything blacks have faced unless we blame ourselves for the problems. These guys have been race pimped into excuse making and denial and it is part of a continuing backlash from the racist subculture in America that has been going on since 1965.

Where is Coyote to chastise a black person for making comparisons and saying one is better then the other?
No one has really done that. You didn't see anybody saying that what Jews suffered was nothing compared to what blacks have. But when a person says blacks really never suffered during Jim Crow, things must be described so that person understands.

I dont owe anyone a dime. And no one today owes blacks a dime either.
The government of this nation owes us. White atrocity didn't end when slavery did. The same racism goes on right now. Stop repeating that dumb excuse.

So let me ask some questions: say we gave reparations to every black American, whatever the amount is. How will they spend the money? What will change? Does anyone believe that attitudes will change for the better? Will black Americans STFU and go about bettering their own lives? No more riots and BLM? IOW, what will the reward be for those of us will have to pay the bill? What benefit does the American taxpayer get out of it?

So let me ask some questions: say we gave reparations to every black American, whatever the amount is. How will they spend the money? What will change? Does anyone believe that attitudes will change for the better? Will black Americans STFU and go about bettering their own lives? No more riots and BLM? IOW, what will the reward be for those of us will have to pay the bill? What benefit does the American taxpayer get out of it?
Plus…..it will become a bidding war for black votes. “Vote for me, and I will increase reparations by 20%!” “No….no…..vote for ME, and will increase them by 30!” “No….no…..no…..vote for and I will expand the parameters so that more blacks qualify!”

There would be no end to all of this.

I always love it when you take swipes at me, but are unwilling to do so directly.

The term you are actually looking for isn't "flippant", it is "rational". You cannot counter the very much rational notion that people refusing to take advantage of an opportunity by no means undermines the notion that such opportunity is an integral part of the system, so you resort to snark and speciousness.
It wasn't directed at you, multiple posters have made that remark. (Not everything is about you).

Affirmative Action was not an opportunity available to everyone in marginalized groups. Nor did it address what was done.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Why does it matter how they will spend it? Did we tell the Jewish victims of the Nazi's how to spend it? Did we demand that the Japanese Americans be responsible for the actions of bad actors who also happen to be Japanese Americans?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back