What Was/Were the Worst Job(s) You've Had?

A lot of knowledge and technique goes into a good paint job. Untrained painters will have wavy cut lines that look like shit, the walls will flash and have roller lines from improper rolling, and he trim will have brush strokes showing that are going in all kinds of different directions.

And once it's all painted on and dried, you can't just paint over it again cover up the imperfections. They need to be repaired with joint compound, putty, etc. you fuck your trim up once and you're pretty much stuck with shitty looking trim

Yep,it's a tedious job when you do it right,a lot of steps involved and if you half ass one of em it'll show.

Difficult/complex jobs and trades in construction are as follows:

Bricklaying, carpentry (1st and 2nd fix), plumbing, electrical, scaffolding, steel erecting, civil engineering, structual engineering, architecture and surveying.

Jobs in construction that any cunt can do:

Demolition, groundworks, machine driving, plastering, painting and, last but no least, roofing.
I disagree that any idiot can paint. That's my main business and a bad painter makes a great construction project look like shit in the end. And just about everyone is a bad painter.
He doesn't know what he's babbling about. And yep, not all painters are the same. Or use the same quality paint.

Bricklaying, carpentry (1st and 2nd fix), plumbing, electrical, scaffolding, steel erecting, civil engineering, structual engineering, architecture and surveying.

Demolition, groundworks, machine driving, plastering, painting and, last but no least, roofing.
I disagree that any idiot can paint. That's my main business and a bad painter makes a great construction project look like shit in the end. And just about everyone is a bad painter.
He doesn't know what he's babbling about. And yep, not all painters are the same. Or use the same quality paint.

You wanna put that theory to the test? I've been working in construction since I was 18, and I've been a building and demolition contractor for the last 14 years.

You wanna put that theory to the test? I've been working in construction since I was 18, and I've been a building and demolition contractor for the last 14 years.
It isn't a theory. You're full of hot air.

I dont care if youre hercules and zeus and macho man randy savage all rolled into one.

Playing around on your knees on a black shingle roof in hit weather and bad humidity sucks a fat cock.

Nobody said the skill involved is rocket science....it just sucks. To do.

Youre in the uk. Your cloudy/girly weather aint us, bro.

I dont care if youre hercules and zeus and macho man randy savage all rolled into one.

Playing around on your knees on a black shingle roof in hit weather and bad humidity sucks a fat cock.

Try supervising a piling rig in Dubai in mid August, bro.

Supervising? LOL

Supervising? LOL

Yeah, I know. No rest for the wicked.

In sure that sucks, too.

But just because im not getting a 4 inch needle through my eyeball doesnt mean a hammer to the shin bone is pleasant.

Dont be such a tough guy all the time man. We like the fun loving admits his flaws swagger way better than this other man vs. Wild jaded prick hole.

Just...love.. .me.........better

In sure that sucks, too.

But just because im not getting a 4 inch needle through my eyeball doesnt mean a hammer to the shin bone is pleasant.

Dont be such a tough guy all the time man. We like the fun loving admits his flaws swagger way better than this other man vs. Wild jaded prick hole.

It'd be most unlikely to suffer a blow to the shin from a stray hammer strike as a roofer seeing as they spend most of their time on their knees.

I'm willing to concede that things might be different in the States, but from what I've seen along with my admittedly limited experience of roofing, it isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination.

In sure that sucks, too.

It'd be most unlikely to suffer a blow to the shin from a stray hammer strike as a roofer seeing as they spend most of their time on their knees.

I'm willing to concede that things might be different in the States, but from what I've seen along with my admittedly limited experience of roofing, it isn't difficult by any stretch of the imagination.
Fair enough batty boii now lets all meet up in the sauna and play towel whips

In sure that sucks, too.

"Difficult" does not always equal worst.

I worked for a few months in a plant that made cabinets. It was assembly line work. That would be just behind roofing as my worst job.

In sure that sucks, too.

A 105 degrees and 80% humidity on a black roof is pure hell.
The only thing worse was blowing insulation in attics that reached 160 degrees in the summer.
You could only stay up there for about fifteen minutes at a time...and when you walked out into 105 you'd get goose bumps.

I've had two types of "worst" jobs.

1. Part time factory job during college. Physically miserable conditions combined with being forced to join a corrupt union.

2. A mega-corp job for which my direct supervisor was a paranoid sadist. He liked to play mind games and torment his staff. I exited as fast as I could.

#1 (minus the union) is something I would recommend to all young people. It is very eye opening to do hard physical work - a great learning experience as well as a motivation to finish one's education. Sadly, such early job opportunities are an endangered species in our economy.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

1. Part time factory job during college. Physically miserable conditions combined with being forced to join a corrupt union.

2. A mega-corp job for which my direct supervisor was a paranoid sadist. He liked to play mind games and torment his staff. I exited as fast as I could.

#1 (minus the union) is something I would recommend to all young people. It is very eye opening to do hard physical work - a great learning experience as well as a motivation to finish one's education. Sadly, such early job opportunities are an endangered species in our economy.
There's plenty of physically demanding jobs for young kids. PLENTY. I've brought in a couple just out of high school kids to work for me before but they just don't wanna work hard. It's not the jobs that aren't there, it's the motivation to do them.

To do a proper paint job is a severe pain in the ass.
The wife wanted me to paint the interior and I told her okay you do the guest bedroom and I'll do the rest...she never finished it and agreed it was way harder than she thought it'd be.
The painting crew showed up a few days later.
Used to do that in my rentals.

After a year of constantly cleaning up after my evictions I decided to hire someone to do it.

Some jobs are great.

But if your boss sucks.......it becomes hell on Earth.

While not my paying job, the worst work I have done is roofing. Starting out we had little and doing your own work made great sense. Today when I hear the morons in Congress talk about raising the age for social security, I know they are idiots who never worked in their lives. Work real work would kill the talking heads. People should work in life before telling others what's best.

Whilst I agree with the latter part of your post, seriously? Roofing is a piece of piss if you aren't afraid of heights; and being above everyone else means you can smoke as many spliffs as you like without worrying about being caught by the site agent. Good money, too.

Oh I disagree.
The heat...man the heat...we worked from about 6am till lunch, then came back sometimes about 7pm -dark.
Roofing is horrible on your knees and back

THE HEEEAAAATTTT!!!!

I also use to flip houses, that was actually Ok, and I made a lot of coin. But I also rented out a few properties...that sucked. Will never do that again

Forum List

Back