What Was/Were the Worst Job(s) You've Had?

My worst job wasn't REALLY that bad, but for many women they might think so.
I worked at a Golf Course that was open year round. For golf, and poker.
Always filled with the same old nasty men, who smoked, drank, and acted like pigs toward the girls that ran the counter (me and one other) - and we waited on them during the winter months while they played poker (serving them sandwiches and beer etc.) - and the clubhouse was filled with cigarette and cigar smoke....

Last edited:
In my line of work, the contractor, I have to deal with something most of you don't: competitors. For the most part we all get on fine, albeit with a certain degree of wariness of each other. For instance, I had a big demolition contract snatched off of me by a husband and wife team two counties over, but I wished them well at the last networking event we all attended (although I was admittedly a little bitter over it). Anyway, out of all of them, one stands out from the rest. His name is Nick, and we've nearly come to blows over our mutual dislike of one another. His firm is bigger than mine, but the way he pays his men means they prefer to work for me (and others) over him, and that fucks him off to no end (the sad cunt's even prank called me in the early hours when men have abandoned him to work for me). Now, at the moment I have a big fella called Geoffrey working for me. This guy is old but fucking ripped from working construction all his life, and before working for me he was working for this guy Nick, who messed-up his wages three weeks in a row. He went into Nick's offices and demanded an explanation over why he'd been underpaid, which was answered with a line of excuses. Apparently, he was owed the paltry sum of £28, but Nick's attitude pissed him off, so he went home, returned to Nick's office the next morning, put a surgical neck brace on his desk and told him he'd wearing it the next morning if he didn't pay him the oustanding amount. Now, Nick is pretty well-built himself, but after he tried to talk Geoffrey into waiting until the next week, Geoffrey grabbed him by the hair and walked him to his car, pushed him in and drove him to the nearest cash point/ATM (he essentially kidnapped him) to withdraw the money. I doubt Nick will ever employ him again, but it must've felt good to have stuck it to the fat cunt so bluntly.

My first job when I was 15 I worked at a campground and drove an old 70's ford pickup around that had a tank and a diaphragm pump that was used to hook up to the trailers septic connection and literally pump out their tanks. I did it for a couple years and actually made a lot of money. Bought my first car, a 1972 Chevelle. I also did other jobs there that were maybe less nasty but hardly ever less grueling. There's not a teenager in America now that would work as hard as I did there for 3 years.

One of the worst was while in college in California I drove a parking lot sweeper truck. The hours sucked but the job was very depressing. I'd clean a shopping mall, come back the next day and it was just as bad. Lots of people are absolute pigs. Diapers, garbage bags from home and a lot of packaging since they had to open the merchandise right away.

Then there was cleaning the ER ward in a hospital, the blood didn't bother me but that Gyno room was scary. Chunks of meat on the floor! WTF? The guy training me just picked it up with his bare hands.

Then a maintenance man with some mean stupid redneck ahole foreman. He wasn't over me but I still had to deal with him on some level. He ran the farm at a cider mill so they needed him. They went through at least 20 employees a month.

But I worked for myself for most of my adult life, as I do now. I am not employee material anymore.

Customer service.

You know how you treated those people, so fuck all yall.

and I was a bartender in a really bad part of town.

One guy was so drunk and doped up that he came out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles and tp hanging from his ass.

good times

I did a bar job where some guy was so drunk he couldn't speak. He merely pointed to his empty beer and grunted.
It's funny, I did actually training to be a bartender so I could make all these cool drinks but all I needed to know was; screwdriver, snakebite and red death. Those 3 drinks were had by 3 regulars, everything else was shots and beers.

I had no training, all you needed to know was that lager had to have bubbles, because only those people who cared demanded bubbles, and no matter what wine someone asked for, you could give 'em anything, they'd never notice the difference (well, color might have made a difference).

While not my paying job, the worst work I have done is roofing. Starting out we had little and doing your own work made great sense. Today when I hear the morons in Congress talk about raising the age for social security, I know they are idiots who never worked in their lives. Work real work would kill the talking heads. People should work in life before telling others what's best.

Roofing was also my worst job. I was laid off while the surveying company I worked with renegotiated the contract with the Corp of Engineers. Started in July in Alabama. Not a great time to be on a roof. Worked 2 weeks and got called back to surveying.

Customer service.

You know how you treated those people, so fuck all yall.

and I was a bartender in a really bad part of town.

One guy was so drunk and doped up that he came out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles and tp hanging from his ass.

good times

I did a bar job where some guy was so drunk he couldn't speak. He merely pointed to his empty beer and grunted.
It's funny, I did actually training to be a bartender so I could make all these cool drinks but all I needed to know was; screwdriver, snakebite and red death. Those 3 drinks were had by 3 regulars, everything else was shots and beers.

I had no training, all you needed to know was that lager had to have bubbles, because only those people who cared demanded bubbles, and no matter what wine someone asked for, you could give 'em anything, they'd never notice the difference (well, color might have made a difference).

Big difference to me in white or red wine.

White goes great with steak

Red goes great with pasta.

I would kill you if you gave me the wrong wine :)

notice most of our hated jobs involved stuff that ruined our backs.....

we had a blast on the trout farm....lots of animals and stuff but the daily death got to me....i was the shiva of trout

The job that ruined my back (and knees) was being a lineman. The work was brutal, but I loved that job. I still miss being on a line crew.

Long, long ago, I was a production worker in a textile dye plant. The business, Berkshire Chemicals (later known as Tenneco Chemicals, was located way out on Bern Street in Reading, PA. Workers were given a 30-minute on-the-clock shower period at the end of our shifts. We showered using full strength bleach because our bodies were contaminated with various colors of dyes. We would put bleach on a small area and immediately wash with regular soap and water. I remember one day it was raining and I took the bus home from work. Other passengers were staring at me and I didn't know why.. When I got back home and looked in a mirror I saw my face was streaked in purple. I should have been more careful in washing my hair.

After a few months I was transferred to a department that made textile dye intermediates. There we used powerful and dangerous chemicals such as pure nitric acid, oleum (104% sulfuric acid) and phosgene gas (a lethal gas used in World War I). I never washed my work clothes. I wore them until the seams fell apart and annealed wire no longer worked to hold them together. When I attempted to wash them, they literally fell apart so I just went to the local thrift store and purchased some more.

Worked 1 day as a vendor at Shea Stadium. Hot weather, heavy materials, low pay due to low attendance.

That was my "worst" job.

Hardest job? Working for my dad stripping and repainting about 30 sections of wrought iron fencing. Between the stripping chemicals, the flying paint scrapings, and the primer/paint we used (all during the summer) it was sweaty miserable work.

For the last time: roofing is fucking easy!! A blind Irishman could pitch a roof in a thunderstorm.

If you are on a big crew with all the power equipment, and in a mild climate. But a 2 or 3 man crew in Alabama is tough as shit. 100+ degrees, 90% humidity, and everything carried up by hand? Not so much fun for the blind irishman.

Besides, its not just whether the work is hard. I loved working as a lineman, and that is physically tougher than roofing.

For the last time: roofing is fucking easy!! A blind Irishman could pitch a roof in a thunderstorm.

If you are on a big crew with all the power equipment, and in a mild climate. But a 2 or 3 man crew in Alabama is tough as shit. 100+ degrees, 90% humidity, and everything carried up by hand? Not so much fun for the blind irishman.

Besides, its not just whether the work is hard. I loved working as a lineman, and that is physically tougher than roofing.

Back in the days of steam, sure, but building a roof in today's world is a piece of piss. Wall plate: check. Fre-fabricated trusses and architectural timber: check. Paslode nailers: check. Pre-cut battens: check. Synthetic felting: check. All-terrain telehandler: check. The only 'difficult' part of roofing is clipping tiles.

Back in the days of steam, sure, but building a roof in today's world is a piece of piss. Wall plate: check. Fre-fabricated trusses and architectural timber: check. Paslode nailers: check. Pre-cut battens: check. Synthetic felting: check. All-terrain telehandler: check. The only 'difficult' part of roofing is clipping tiles.

My experience was in the mid 80s. And I wasn't talking about building a roof. Just tearing off the old shingles and putting on new ones. Bundles of shingles are a bitch to carry up the ladder.

And, like I said, it isn't just the difficulty. I worked harder as a lineman than I ever did roofing. The job just sucked ass.

Roofing is the one thing I can't stand. I'm not real big on 3 story high steep pitches especially when it's windy. And it's one of the trades around here that you get undercut on by cheap competition because any idiot can do a roof so there's tons of companies. unless you can bang them out super quick you're not making enough money. I don't want to have to run around like an idiot on a roof job I like to take my time and not die.

It's a huge OSHA fine for not wearing a harness on a roof. Lots of guys don't but if the company gets dinged, there goes the profits. It's one of the last jobs I would want, ain't no shade up there and very repetitive work. I need a variety.

My experience was in the mid 80s. And I wasn't talking about building a roof. Just tearing off the old shingles and putting on new ones. Bundles of shingles are a bitch to carry up the ladder.

And, like I said, it isn't just the difficulty. I worked harder as a lineman than I ever did roofing. The job just sucked ass.
These days you can usually get the supply house to deliver the materials with a boom lift on the truck and they'll place it right up on the roof where you want it. can't really do plywood sheets but you can at least knock out the shingles and that's a huge bonus.

These days you can usually get the supply house to deliver the materials with a boom lift on the truck and they'll place it right up on the roof where you want it. can't really do plywood sheets but you can at least knock out the shingles and that's a huge bonus.

Provided the boom truck can reach without driving on the lawn. But yeah, things have gotten better, I'm sure.

Roofing being seen as a pain in the ballsac is a product of the jewish media conspiracy to eliminate Europeans and European Americans

Forum List

Back