What will be the next great entitlement?

Right.

Fortunately, I wasn't holding my breath.

:rolleyes:

Mitt Romney on Tuesday seized on a recent remark by President Barack Obama to paint him as anti-business, but he took it out of context.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen," Obama said Friday.

Speaking Tuesday in Irwin, Pa., Romney called the remark "startling and revealing" and said that it was "extraordinary that a philosophy of that nature would be spoken by a president of the United States.

He ran with the idea. "The idea that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motors, that Papa John didn’t build Papa Johns, that Ray Kroc didn’t build McDonalds, that Bill Gates didn’t build Microsoft," Romney said. "It's not just foolishness, its insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America and it’s wrong."

But in his reaction to the remark, Romney ignored its original and so did MAc... context. When he made the comment in Roanoke, Va. Friday, Obama was arguing that businesses needed infrastructure investment to succeed.
\
yes thank goodness you didn't hold your breath .. other wise you would be dead in the water ... like always

Well, that's certainly a good try, but it avoids/ignores the point I was making.

Perhaps you can discuss -- hopefully in your own words this time -- whether the Democrats clearly ran with the "you didn't build that" comments in the way I specifically described? In other words, address this thread and my post in context.

In other words, I would like your (mature and civil) opinion on how Democrats immediately and passionately defended those words without the context of "infrastructure investment".

are you nuts???? thats what he was saying ... if it wasn't for the infrastructure investments these companies wouldn't have existed

He's going to grant Amnesty and add 30 million more people collecting the entitlements we already have..

And add to the 7.4% unemployment for you legal citizens that have been unemployed since he became President

ObamaNation is grand

first of all you can't get entitlements if you are a immigrant ... they don't get entitlements until the become citizens ... and there's a 10 year waite before they can become citizens... but as immigrant they will be paying taxes ... no more republicans taking advantaged of illegals ... you are delusional

Medicaid Helps Hospitals Pay For Illegal Immigrants? Care - Kaiser Health News

He's going to grant Amnesty and add 30 million more people collecting the entitlements we already have..

And add to the 7.4% unemployment for you legal citizens that have been unemployed since he became President

ObamaNation is grand

first of all you can't get entitlements if you are a immigrant ... they don't get entitlements until the become citizens ... and there's a 10 year waite before they can become citizens... but as immigrant they will be paying taxes ... no more republicans taking advantaged of illegals ... you are delusional
Really?

Mitt Romney on Tuesday seized on a recent remark by President Barack Obama to paint him as anti-business, but he took it out of context.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen," Obama said Friday.

Speaking Tuesday in Irwin, Pa., Romney called the remark "startling and revealing" and said that it was "extraordinary that a philosophy of that nature would be spoken by a president of the United States.

He ran with the idea. "The idea that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motors, that Papa John didn’t build Papa Johns, that Ray Kroc didn’t build McDonalds, that Bill Gates didn’t build Microsoft," Romney said. "It's not just foolishness, its insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America and it’s wrong."

But in his reaction to the remark, Romney ignored its original and so did MAc... context. When he made the comment in Roanoke, Va. Friday, Obama was arguing that businesses needed infrastructure investment to succeed.
\
yes thank goodness you didn't hold your breath .. other wise you would be dead in the water ... like always

Well, that's certainly a good try, but it avoids/ignores the point I was making.

Perhaps you can discuss -- hopefully in your own words this time -- whether the Democrats clearly ran with the "you didn't build that" comments in the way I specifically described? In other words, address this thread and my post in context.

In other words, I would like your (mature and civil) opinion on how Democrats immediately and passionately defended those words without the context of "infrastructure investment".

are you nuts???? thats what he was saying ... if it wasn't for the infrastructure investments these companies wouldn't have existed

What point are you trying to make when you take a quote out of context? And what does Elizabeth Warren have to do with Obama's off the cuff remarks. Was she there? Did she write the comments?

Did she (Warren) try and point out how dishonest the Repubs are in their characterization of what was said?

Remember when Obama said something about "52" states or something? I happened to be listening that day when he said it and for sure he was making a joke. No doubt about it.

But how have you Repubs handled that? Like he spoke the gospel. When he was joking.

No Mac, repubs have a history of taking what ever comments they can out of context in an effort to make this President look bad.

It seems to be standard operating procedure for Repubs.

But then, they have nothing else to offer.

oh is the egg flying in Mac face...

Our president correctly said that no one here got here by themselves. There was always someone to help you, or someone else had prepared the way for you. Whether it was the highways you use or the school you went to, where either you or your educator had a public education, or the safe water you drink out of the tap, someone else did this, and it helped you in hundreds and thousands of ways we usually give little thought to.

A road built with your taxes is not preparing the way for you.
yes it is are you nuts too???

really ... so you're saying that the roads to your home, that was built by some corporation that you paid taxes for that road didn't help you ??? you are much stupider then your post ... money had to be created ... taxes are the way... lets take walmart ... many states gave tax incentives to them to build their stores ... if they didn't get that tax incentive if there wasn't a water system, or a electric grid, or a road going there ... do you think walmart would have built it all by themselves build a road and water systems to your home school to teach you how to think??? ???

Remember when Obama said something about "52" states or something? I happened to be listening that day when he said it and for sure he was making a joke. No doubt about it.

But how have you Repubs handled that? Like he spoke the gospel. When he was joking.

Yes it was joke...look at the hilarity

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

What point are you trying to make when you take a quote out of context? And what does Elizabeth Warren have to do with Obama's off the cuff remarks. Was she there? Did she write the comments?

Did she (Warren) try and point out how dishonest the Repubs are in their characterization of what was said?

No Mac, repubs have a history of taking what ever comments they can out of context in an effort to make this President look bad.

It seems to be standard operating procedure for Repubs.

But then, they have nothing else to offer.

Perhaps you should be having this "conversation" with a hardcore right winger.

By the way, it was "57 states", and I've always thought that whole thing was quite silly. It reminds me of that silly "16 minutes" thing the Democrats seized on, when Bush was told about the 9/11 attacks. Partisan bullshit is bullshit.

As I clearly said, Warren took up the "you didn't build that" mantle and ran with it passionately and articulately, in the direction of a more collective way of looking at this. Most on the Left have run with it, too. Just look on this board, or do I even need to say this?

I made a point that we're moving in the direction you clearly want. I think it's inevitable. I don't like it, I'm sad to see it happen, but there's not a dang thing I can do about it because the problem is cultural at its root.

If you want a partisan slap fight, I'm not your guy. There are plenty here who will play that game with you.

ObamaNation is grand

right in the bill for the affordable care act it states. that illegels can't get paid health care from the government ... I could care less what Kaiser says it what the law says ... try doing some research ...look at the god damn bill ... it is on line

really ... so you're saying that the roads to your home, that was built by some corporation that you paid taxes for that road didn't help you ???

Roads and infrastructure to my home were built by a corporation.

Those roads and infrastructure do help me.

right in the bill for the affordable care act it states. that illegels can't get paid health care from the government ... I could care less what Kaiser says it what the law says ... try doing some research ...look at the god damn bill ... it is on line

In spite of the "bill" illegals are getting care paid for by US taxpayers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

Yea I listened to this just now. Again. Sure enough he was joking with his audience. They even laughed. You can hear them if you listen.

But then again, you have to be intelligent to "get" subtle humor. Something you don't ever have to worry about ODDA.

ObamaNation is grand

Really?
really !!!!​

Yea I listened to this just now. Again. Sure enough he was joking with his audience. They even laughed. You can hear them if you listen.

But then again, you have to be intelligent to "get" subtle humor. Something you don't ever have to worry about ODDA.

Yes stick with that.

Fuck you are stupid. EVERYBODY gets care in the ER. Hospitals ARE NOT permitted to let someone, anyone die in the ER. Or sitting outside in the parking lot. Hospitals are REQUIRED to perform medical services on anyone and everyone that presents at the emergency room. Even illegals.

Obama didn't put that in place. And would you prefer that the hospitals let them die. Or get paid.

If you want to just let them die, you gotta get Congress to change the law.
And that won't happen.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Yes stick with that.

You have a real problem with facts. Don't you.

do you think walmart would have built it all by themselves build a road and water systems to your home school to teach you how to think??? ???

Wal-Mart plans traffic improvements before it builds a new store in Greenwood

Johnson County | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

you just don't get it ... your much more stupid then I thought ... who paid for the plan traffic improvements???? the tax payer... walmart requested it the people make it happen, they didn't do it all by themselves they were helped by the government, the government you hate so much ...

Fuck you are stupid. EVERYBODY gets care in the ER. Hospitals ARE NOT permitted to let someone, anyone die in the ER.

Everybody gets stabilized in the ER, not care.

Congress approved the program after lawmakers required hospitals to screen and stabilize all emergency patients regardless of their insurance or citizenship status.

Yes stick with that.

You have a real problem with facts. Don't you.

Facts don't support Obama making humor over 57 states.

You just want to hide his ignorance

Last edited:

Forum List

Back