What will be the next great entitlement?

Mac you are ate up with this fear of the "government" forcing those beloved companies to pay more wages. Why is that? Would those wages be coming out of your pocket?

And why do you keep taking that one statement of "you didn't build this" out of context so that you might score some brownie points with right wing nuts on here?

You do know what "context" means. Right? I only ask because so many right wingers on here don't know what "context" means. So I was just checking.

Sure, the specific context was Obama speaking off the cuff to a live audience that screamed in delight at those words. I remember it quite well. Then the Democrats ran with it, especially Elizabeth Warren, who eloquently voiced the Democrats' collectivist perspective and agenda ("you drove on roads", holy crap, what an astonishingly simplistic and shallow diversion from the effort it takes to create and grow a business, but you folks definitely ate it up).

Gosh, I hope that's a good enough answer for you. No doubt you're far more intelligent than I, but I think that's what you asked.

And good grief, calm down. You're going to get your way.

Can't you at least be a gracious winner?

There you go again. Getting all butt hurt because someone didn't agree with your brilliance? LMAO.

Post up the entire quote and lets see what was said. If you want to and that wouldn't hurt your feelings and such. I know I am mean to you and everything. And of course you and your kind know EVERYTHING about the business world and such. And are able to see far into the future. Me, I am just a doubting Thomas with failing vision.

btw Mac, the only thing I've ever "won" was the military draft lottery. Number 308. Cause I was all ready to report when the draft was suspended for the lottery. And I won. Lucky me eh?

Everything else I have in life I earned. By hard work and perseverance. How about you?

Zeke, I'm afraid I'm not your research assistant. If you want to go over a quote, do it yourself. Google is your friend.

And if I described my background and childhood, you would claim not to believe me. So you'll never, ever see me discuss that here. And do we need to make this personal? If so, I'm out.

I'll say it again, respectfully: You are going to get what you want, and I wish you would just be happy with that. The momentum is clear. I'm not kidding, I'm not playing games.

It's already here. It's Blue States being soaked by Red States and their failed conservative policies. The Blue States simply have to stop the money transfer to Red States. It's just that simple.
It will get worse actually. Investment in red states outperforms investment in blue states 3 to 1 since the meltdown. Low taxes attract investment. High taxes promote disinvestment. Soon Chicago, NYC and Boston will go the way of Detroit and if China builds the Nicaragua canal the left coast will go the same way. Shipping across mountains is expensive. Expect an even higher investment differential going forward.

you need to do some research ...chicago didn't fall because of taxes ... they fell because of republican regulations ...

A new National Holiday will be declared that will fall somewhere between Kwanzaa and MLK Day. The acronym will be RACAD or Rob-A-Creepy-Ass-Cracker-Day. :)

Really, if you think about....it is the most efficient means of wealth redistribution.

cc778e20cd2f_sf_1.jpg
boy ... you really hate black people ... with all of your pictures of blacks in places where they are projected in a bad light as you need some psychiatric help...yesterday you posted as your avatar a obeast black woman, today this mess

It's already here. It's Blue States being soaked by Red States and their failed conservative policies. The Blue States simply have to stop the money transfer to Red States. It's just that simple.
It will get worse actually. Investment in red states outperforms investment in blue states 3 to 1 since the meltdown. Low taxes attract investment. High taxes promote disinvestment. Soon Chicago, NYC and Boston will go the way of Detroit and if China builds the Nicaragua canal the left coast will go the same way. Shipping across mountains is expensive. Expect an even higher investment differential going forward.

you need to do some research ...chicago didn't fall because of taxes ... they fell because of republican regulations ...

Because Republicans have controlled Chicago forever, right?

The ability to buy your home from the government
The ability to buy your car from the government
The ability to buy your clothes from the government
The ability to buy your food from the government

Pick one or all of the above

Buy??
You misunderstand the progressive movement. Take what you wrote above, and replace "buy" with "receive".

The ability to buy your home from the government
The ability to buy your car from the government
The ability to buy your clothes from the government
The ability to buy your food from the government

Pick one or all of the above

Buy??
You misunderstand the progressive movement. Take what you wrote above, and replace "buy" with "receive".

Precisely.

As to the OP:
With the obvious failure of Obamacare, yes they will push single payer. So the government that couldn't manage to build a website is now going to be in charge of your health care and set prices etc across the board. What could possibly go wrong?

I agree the "living wage" issue is coming. Obama alrready proposed an increase in min wage. It's like Dems believe in free money. THey can just wave a wand and do away with economics.

I think free college is on its way too. Take out loans and go into the right fields and gov't will cancel those loans. More free money. Like colleges are turning out valuable additions to the labor market already.

But the looming backlash from the electorate, burned by Obamacare, will put a halt to all this crap.

Mac you are ate up with this fear of the "government" forcing those beloved companies to pay more wages. Why is that? Would those wages be coming out of your pocket?

And why do you keep taking that one statement of "you didn't build this" out of context so that you might score some brownie points with right wing nuts on here?

You do know what "context" means. Right? I only ask because so many right wingers on here don't know what "context" means. So I was just checking.

Sure, the specific context was Obama speaking off the cuff to a live audience that screamed in delight at those words. I remember it quite well. Then the Democrats ran with it, especially Elizabeth Warren, who eloquently voiced the Democrats' collectivist perspective and agenda ("you drove on roads", holy crap, what an astonishingly simplistic and shallow diversion from the effort it takes to create and grow a business, but you folks definitely ate it up).

Gosh, I hope that's a good enough answer for you. No doubt you're far more intelligent than I, but I think that's what you asked.

There you go again. Getting all butt hurt because someone didn't agree with your brilliance? LMAO.

Post up the entire quote and lets see what was said. If you want to and that wouldn't hurt your feelings and such. I know I am mean to you and everything. And of course you and your kind know EVERYTHING about the business world and such. And are able to see far into the future. Me, I am just a doubting Thomas with failing vision.

btw Mac, the only thing I've ever "won" was the military draft lottery. Number 308. Cause I was all ready to report when the draft was suspended for the lottery. And I won. Lucky me eh?

Everything else I have in life I earned. By hard work and perseverance. How about you?
well zeke;8219632 if these republicans couldn't use quotes out of context they wouldn't have a debate

well zeke;8219632 if these republicans couldn't use quotes out of context they wouldn't have a debate

Okay Billy, please describe the context.

School me.

School me.

thats billye ... Jesus I don't have all day theres sooooooooooo many ...
I found the one you like so much with the actual statement and its meaning

Mitt Romney on Tuesday seized on a recent remark by President Barack Obama to paint him as anti-business, but he took it out of context.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen," Obama said Friday.

Speaking Tuesday in Irwin, Pa., Romney called the remark "startling and revealing" and said that it was "extraordinary that a philosophy of that nature would be spoken by a president of the United States.

He ran with the idea. "The idea that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motors, that Papa John didn’t build Papa Johns, that Ray Kroc didn’t build McDonalds, that Bill Gates didn’t build Microsoft," Romney said. "It's not just foolishness, its insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America and it’s wrong."

But in his reaction to the remark, Romney ignored its original context. and so did you Mac When he made the comment in Roanoke, Va. Friday, Obama was arguing that businesses needed infrastructure investment to succeed.

put egg on romneys face

Last edited:
He's going to grant Amnesty and add 30 million more people collecting the entitlements we already have..

And add to the 7.4% unemployment for you legal citizens that have been unemployed since he became President

ObamaNation is grand

School me.

Right.

Fortunately, I wasn't holding my breath.

:rolleyes:

Mitt Romney on Tuesday seized on a recent remark by President Barack Obama to paint him as anti-business, but he took it out of context.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that, somebody else made that happen," Obama said Friday.

Speaking Tuesday in Irwin, Pa., Romney called the remark "startling and revealing" and said that it was "extraordinary that a philosophy of that nature would be spoken by a president of the United States.

He ran with the idea. "The idea that Steve Jobs didn’t build Apple, that Henry Ford didn’t build Ford Motors, that Papa John didn’t build Papa Johns, that Ray Kroc didn’t build McDonalds, that Bill Gates didn’t build Microsoft," Romney said. "It's not just foolishness, its insulting to every entrepreneur, every innovator in America and it’s wrong."

But in his reaction to the remark, Romney ignored its original and so did MAc... context. When he made the comment in Roanoke, Va. Friday, Obama was arguing that businesses needed infrastructure investment to succeed.
\
yes thank goodness you didn't hold your breath .. other wise you would be dead in the water ... like always

Mac there are more if you want me to make a fool of you some more ... after all you're soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy ....

oh is the egg flying in Mac face...

Our president correctly said that no one here got here by themselves. There was always someone to help you, or someone else had prepared the way for you. Whether it was the highways you use or the school you went to, where either you or your educator had a public education, or the safe water you drink out of the tap, someone else did this, and it helped you in hundreds and thousands of ways we usually give little thought to.
Of course, this was twisted and distorted to make you believe our president was anti-success. Don’t you deserve better from a political party and a candidate than to consistently twist honest statements into something they are not?

there's more mac, or do you give up yet ???

MAc where are you ???? crickets chirping, fog croaking, babbling brooks babbling, and so is mac ...

oh is the egg flying in Mac face...

Our president correctly said that no one here got here by themselves. There was always someone to help you, or someone else had prepared the way for you. Whether it was the highways you use or the school you went to, where either you or your educator had a public education, or the safe water you drink out of the tap, someone else did this, and it helped you in hundreds and thousands of ways we usually give little thought to.

A road built with your taxes is not preparing the way for you.

We all know that Progressives are still plotting to create the next great entitlement after Obamacare passed, so what will be the next one?

They are like ravinous locusts. They simply devour and take no thought of the destruction that they leave behind.

It will be a few years down the road, but they'll go after the food supply eventually.

Right.

Fortunately, I wasn't holding my breath.

:rolleyes:

But in his reaction to the remark, Romney ignored its original and so did MAc... context. When he made the comment in Roanoke, Va. Friday, Obama was arguing that businesses needed infrastructure investment to succeed.
\
yes thank goodness you didn't hold your breath .. other wise you would be dead in the water ... like always

Well, that's certainly a good try, but it avoids/ignores the point I was making.

Perhaps you can discuss -- hopefully in your own words this time -- whether the Democrats clearly ran with the "you didn't build that" comments in the way I specifically described? In other words, address this thread and my post in context.

In other words, I would like your (mature and civil) opinion on how Democrats immediately and passionately defended those words without the context of "infrastructure investment".

He's going to grant Amnesty and add 30 million more people collecting the entitlements we already have..

And add to the 7.4% unemployment for you legal citizens that have been unemployed since he became President

ObamaNation is grand

first of all you can't get entitlements if you are a immigrant ... they don't get entitlements until the become citizens ... and there's a 10 year wait before they can become citizens... but as immigrant they will be paying taxes ... no more republicans taking advantaged of illegals ... you are delusional

Last edited:

Forum List

Back