What Will Happen to the Post Office

As long as we have hacks like Federal Express fucking up the simple act of package delivery, the USPS will remain the go-to system. I send and receive packages pretty regularly here in the sticks and I'd say 75% of incoming and 100% of outgoing is via the Post Office, which make no mistake is unquestionably the best in the world.
They can't handle big items though, can they?

I have never had a problem with Fed Ex, UPS or the postal service, when it came to sending a package.

Mail usually works too.

I just hate all the junk, especially junk made to look "official".

Like most of government USPS is corporate welfare for the most part and taxpayers should not subsidize the delivery of junk mail they despise.
how do they subsidize junk mail?.....it pays most of the bills in the place.....
What do you think of the new Sunday package delivery?
the carriers think it is not necessary and i agree.....that book from Amazon is not that important.....if you dont get it on Sat. you get it on Monday....no biggie....but the biggest problem with this is,they are using Temps and the real new people to deliver these.....and they are leaving them door side if not home, and quite often i hear.... the person no longer lives there.....new people are not going to know this....its a waste of time and money.....
If it's an Amazon order chances are that the people who ordered it still live there.

Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.

LOL. If the USPS goes under it'll be due to its own incompetence. If it wants to survive it has to stop thinking like the Dems (you know ... that money-grows-on-trees mentality) and start acting like a capitalist business. Reduce overhead; fire deadbeat employees (there's lots of them); run their routes more efficiently; and make a profit. Simple math, really.

Government agencies have to turn a profit? Since when?

Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.

LOL. If the USPS goes under it'll be due to its own incompetence. If it wants to survive it has to stop thinking like the Dems (you know ... that money-grows-on-trees mentality) and start acting like a capitalist business. Reduce overhead; fire deadbeat employees (there's lots of them); run their routes more efficiently; and make a profit. Simple math, really.

And the far left programmed response based on a faulty far left religion chimes in and proves that they do not understand anything beyond their far left programming..

As long as we have hacks like Federal Express fucking up the simple act of package delivery, the USPS will remain the go-to system. I send and receive packages pretty regularly here in the sticks and I'd say 75% of incoming and 100% of outgoing is via the Post Office, which make no mistake is unquestionably the best in the world.
They can't handle big items though, can they?

I have never had a problem with Fed Ex, UPS or the postal service, when it came to sending a package.

Mail usually works too.

I just hate all the junk, especially junk made to look "official".

Like most of government USPS is corporate welfare for the most part and taxpayers should not subsidize the delivery of junk mail they despise.
how do they subsidize junk mail?.....it pays most of the bills in the place.....
What do you think of the new Sunday package delivery?
the carriers think it is not necessary and i agree.....that book from Amazon is not that important.....if you dont get it on Sat. you get it on Monday....no biggie....but the biggest problem with this is,they are using Temps and the real new people to deliver these.....and they are leaving them door side if not home, and quite often i hear.... the person no longer lives there.....new people are not going to know this....its a waste of time and money.....
If it's an Amazon order chances are that the people who ordered it still live there.

Kind of a funny story. I'm old fashioned and like having a coffee pot instead of this 3-5 minute Keurig-a-thon (especially when there is a line). So I bought a pot from a yard sale and spruced it up. Now my assistant, myself, and some other "chose ones" have a private coffee club somewhere on our floor.

Anyway, the only thing I hate worse than the Keurig waiting line is measuring coffee grounds. So I buy the pre-measured filter packs of Folgers. Amazon sells 40 for about $24.00. You get 12 cups out of each pack and the cost is something like $0.17 per cup.

Anyway, after my last trip to Yosemite, the private coffee club had fallen on hard times since my assistant didn't order the coffee--she didn't know what kind to order. So I ordered some and, without knowing it, had it sent to the wrong address. At my old address, 40 packs of coffee were delivered and someone is now probably into the 30th packet by now. I usually raise a cup to them each morning as I look out of the office building window in their direction...

Amazon said that I could contact the new residents at my old apartment and have them send it back....that would be an awkward conversation.

Is it your thread...then it wasnt addressed to you pretty simple eh

Very good. Now go do that for the rest of your worthlessly acontextual droppings so they'll actually connect to something.

Say, just a wild guess... do you work for FedEx?
Cant help you dont know what threads you start..........and you havent read anything have you. Now go back and read and tell me if you think my posts are in favor of or against the PO be specific......

I don't have a fucking clue what your position is, and neither does anyone else. They're just islands, unconnected to anything, floating like turds in the toilet bowl of this thread. They amount to onanism, nothing more. I'm not wasting my time on noise.
Then you havent rread because it is clearly stated

Same service can be provided by the same org much more efficiently.

--- refers to what? Refers to who? :dunno: -- no quote context.

BTW a lot of this inefficiency is enforced thru UPS and FEDEX lobbying efforts

Now back to your partisan nonsense

Funny I havent seen any such thing or heard it from my father who worked there.

DUMBASS.

/offtopic

It's great to hear someone complain about being ignored when they won't address a post to anyone

Very good. Now go do that for the rest of your worthlessly acontextual droppings so they'll actually connect to something.

Say, just a wild guess... do you work for FedEx?
Cant help you dont know what threads you start..........and you havent read anything have you. Now go back and read and tell me if you think my posts are in favor of or against the PO be specific......

I don't have a fucking clue what your position is, and neither does anyone else. They're just islands, unconnected to anything, floating like turds in the toilet bowl of this thread. They amount to onanism, nothing more. I'm not wasting my time on noise.
Then you havent rread because it is clearly stated

Same service can be provided by the same org much more efficiently.

BTW a lot of this inefficiency is enforced thru UPS and FEDEX lobbying efforts

Now back to your partisan nonsense

Funny I havent seen any such thing or heard it from my father who worked there.

DUMBASS.

/offtopic

It's great to hear someone complain about being ignored when they won't address a post to anyone
\

Has the same effect as a far left drone continually posting far left programmed debunked propaganda over and over again expecting others to prove them wrong!

I should ask Harry this, but do you know who would pay the pensions of the hundreds of thousands postal workers if the USPS does not fund the pension program? My guess is the US taxpayer would pick up the tab.

I'm trying to figure out what world some people live in.

I ship items that fit into one of the priority mail boxes that the post office provides free of charge. The smallest one costs me $5.80 and can hold several hundred dollars worth of my product. It arrives in 2-4 days. The same delivery using UPS would cost me twice that. I pack 50lbs worth of tools into one of the medium boxes. It costs me $17 to ship anywhere in the US. The same box using UPS would be three times that.

It's a great deal.

Once, sometimes twice a year we mail out over 200,000 ballots to absentee voters...that same delivery using FEDEX or UPS would cost a fortune...and the taxpayers would foot the bill.

I ship items that fit into one of the priority mail boxes that the post office provides free of charge. The smallest one costs me $5.80 and can hold several hundred dollars worth of my product. It arrives in 2-4 days. The same delivery using UPS would cost me twice that. I pack 50lbs worth of tools into one of the medium boxes. It costs me $17 to ship anywhere in the US. The same box using UPS would be three times that.

It's a great deal.

Once, sometimes twice a year we mail out over 200,000 ballots to absentee voters...that same delivery using FEDEX or UPS would cost a fortune...and the taxpayers would foot the bill.

Based on far left propaganda talking points?

USPS already uses Fed Ex or did that not make it into the far left programming?

A union based government controlled entity is using a non-union private company..

Of course, if the USPS was no longer subsidized and subsidizing, and concentrated on meeting the needs of people, and not politicians and businesses, probably 80% of the overpaid union workers would have to be laid off.

Because we need to ditch the Post Office. It's a big money sucking black hole.

I cannot believe the ignorance exhibited here by enemies of USPS. This is a reflection of RW shallow thinking and the unquestioning loyalty they give to their puppet masters. The USPS is self sufficient and that fact has been broadcasted and published for all to hear and see. Take heed! Those posters who have proven their inability to think or research for themselves have woefully tainted their credibility in other areas as well.

It is profitable and it doesn't use a penny of tax dollars. Fucking learn something.

At last! An informed citizen with a mind uncluttered by right wing rhetoric and misinformation.

I agree with charging companies a lot more money to send junk mail. $5-$10 would be fine by me, then it would eliminate 99% of the mail.

That would be stupid since that "junk mail" is the key to postal financial success. That "junk" mail costs you nothing so let the USPS make money from it. It keeps people employed and the welfare rolls down.As you might imagine it also keeps the government 's hands from going deeper into your pockets. Does my enlightenment sink in? NO. The lies and cluelessness continues:

Congress is preventing reform. A Post Office in every small town isnt necessary or profitable. COngress mandates this archaic business model

It costs a lot more than it should cost. When you see postal workers driving brand new Corvettes, you know something isn't right.

Finally, a lone voice arises amidst the whining know nothings like a beacon of light:

Your jealousy over the bank accounts of hard working postal employees notwithstanding, the USPS is efficient and profitable. It is not a consumer of tax dollars. If they can pay their employees well and still operate at a profit, what are you bitching about?
Did they heed the messenger of enlightenment? NO! Ignorance prevails. Brains with too little cognitive ability
cannot overcome the inculcation drummed into them incessantly by Limbaugh, Hannity and other RW pundits. They continue with:
t's not jealousy, asshole. I have to pay for their bank accounts. I couldn't care how much money someone makes as long as I'm not forced to contribute to it.

The Post Office is not efficient. It's a government enforced monopoly, which means the prices it charges are far higher than the market price.

IS there a cure for such brazen mental defectiveness? Probably not...all the erudite can do is ignore them or respond with a mindset to educate those who want to learn the truth!

It's a great deal.

A union based government controlled entity is using a non-union private company..

They don't use them to deliver ballots. Do you have any idea how much the cost of holding an election will rise if you deliver ballots via Fedex or UPS?

I should ask Harry this, but do you know who would pay the pensions of the hundreds of thousands postal workers if the USPS does not fund the pension program? My guess is the US taxpayer would pick up the tab.
It is an obligation

Most should be prefunded but the taxpayer would have to pick upest

It's a great deal.

They don't use them to deliver ballots. Do you have any idea how much the cost of holding an election will rise if you deliver ballots via Fedex or UPS?

I am sure to the far left programmed mind it would rise, but since there are no really facts to back up such propaganda. One can only make such claims based on their political bias. And since you are far left we already know how you think.

USPS uses Fed-Ex..

It is an obligation

More proof of the far left mindset and why they should not be in charge of anything in government..

It is an obligation

The taxpayer can't ALWAYS be the "go to" guy. At what point will someone bail out the over-loaded taxpayer?

the PO does real time now.....but you can blame Congress for not letting them keep up with the latest shit.....

The Post Office is a nationalized ---socialized -- entity. As has been shown a gazillion times centralized planning , socialism does NOT work.

like i said.....blame it on the Congress......

The mail clause merely enables Congress to direct where post offices should be located and on what roads mail should be carried,
the PO cant take a piss without Congress giving its approval.....

Did Congress approve of all the prices that are currently used at the post office?
Congress doesnt approve that.....i believe thats the job of the Postal Rate Commission....

Illegal?
Worse, it's unprofitable

No, it's just illegal. Ho can you know whether it's unprofitable if private firms are not allowed to provide the service? If the Post Office does such a great job, then why not open it up to competition?

If we abolish the USPS do we have a choice but to make it legal?

How much would FedEx or UPS charge to send a letter cross country and deliver it door to door?

They would probably charge a lot less than the Post Office. That's why the Post Office fights tooth and nail to prevent Congress from abolishing its legal monopoly on 1st class mail.
no it isnt.....

"No it isn't" what?
why they have a monopoly.....

The Post Office is a nationalized ---socialized -- entity. As has been shown a gazillion times centralized planning , socialism does NOT work.

like i said.....blame it on the Congress......

The mail clause merely enables Congress to direct where post offices should be located and on what roads mail should be carried,
the PO cant take a piss without Congress giving its approval.....

Did Congress approve of all the prices that are currently used at the post office?
Congress doesnt approve that.....i believe thats the job of the Postal Rate Commission....

Then your earlier comments were in error...

It's a great deal.

I am sure to the far left programmed mind it would rise, but since there are no really facts to back up such propaganda. One can only make such claims based on their political bias. And since you are far left we already know how you think.

USPS uses Fed-Ex..

I'm not denying that they do, but they don't use Fed Ex to deliver ballots. Do you know how much the cost of having an election would go up if ballots had to be delivered via Fed Ex?

It's a great deal.

USPS uses Fed-Ex..

I'm not denying that they do, but they don't use Fed Ex to deliver ballots. Do you know how much the cost of having an election would go up if ballots had to be delivered via Fed Ex?

Never claimed that they did, you were the one trying to claim that..

Once again you posing a false projection based on programmed far left religious propaganda.

Yet USPS is saving money by using a non-union private company which counters any far left propaganda you post.

Did you get it now? Oh that's right, the far left is irony impaired..

Forum List

Back