What would happen if Trump is impeached/removed from office and wins the presidency in 2020?

I just had that thought, while reading these threads.
I wondered that myself. But enough States would just remove him from the ballot to make it impossible, is what I think would happen.

It is illegal for any State to remove anyone from a FEDERAL ballot.

Do you understand why?

It is? Didn't know that.

Can States Ban Trump From the Ballot If He Doesn’t Release His Tax Returns?

Existing legal precedents regarding states’ power (or lack thereof) to restrict federal candidates pertain mainly to congressional candidates rather than presidential aspirants. The most famous episode involved Adam Clayton Powell Jr., the legendary New York City congressman who represented Harlem during the civil rights era. House members who grew weary of scandalous reports turned on him after his 1966 re-election and voted to exclude him from the legislative body. After three years of legal battles, the Supreme Court sided with the congressman in Powell v. McCormack.

Chief Justice Earl Warren wrote for the court’s majority that “in judging the qualifications of its members, Congress is limited to the standing qualifications prescribed in the Constitution.” Since Powell met those qualifications, “the House was without power to exclude him from its membership,” he concluded.

We GET that the Trump faithful would vote for Trump even if he were impeached and convicted...but the American people writ large are simply not THAT stupid.

Never fear. He won't wait around to see how he looks in an orange jump suit.

He'll be living next door to Snowden in no time

He won't be available to run in that case. The State of NY Federal Court has a Grand Jury waiting on him on Rico Act Charges, Fraud, Tax evasion and a few more little tidbits. Barr won't be able to do a thing about that. In order to get anything overturned, it will have to go to the Supreme Court and I doubt if Rump wants to be in front of those people anytime soon since hasn't had nearly enough time to Mussolini up the Court yet.
What If we surround the White House with the military that loves him and tells any democrat if you pass .. well you know haha

As unlikely as this scenario is, I could see a situation where Trump could actually use this possibility to his advantage. Let's say theoretically, someone like Mitt wants to gain enough support in the Senate to do this, so Mitt could take a shot himself in 2020. Trump tells the Republican Senate and House members, you do this and I will run as an independent and will again in 2024 if I lose. The Republicans can't convict in the Senate because Republican voter support for Trump is too strong.

He won't be available to run in that case. The State of NY Federal Court has a Grand Jury waiting on him on Rico Act Charges, Fraud, Tax evasion and a few more little tidbits. Barr won't be able to do a thing about that. In order to get anything overturned, it will have to go to the Supreme Court and I doubt if Rump wants to be in front of those people anytime soon since hasn't had nearly enough time to Mussolini up the Court yet.
What If we surround the White House with the military that loves him and tells any democrat if you pass .. well you know haha

Better yet. Surround the newly redesignated White House Correctional Facility with armed Guards and not let the inmates Rump and his criminals out for the next 25 years.

I wondered that myself. But enough States would just remove him from the ballot to make it impossible, is what I think would happen.

It is illegal for any State to remove anyone from a FEDERAL ballot.

Do you understand why?

It is? Didn't know that.

You should.

Huh?

I don't know everything, lol at 54 ...I still learn new things every day.

"We"

Haha haha...no, I dont see you peeling your fat ass off the couch to do that any time in this century.

But hey...if you morons want 3 hots and a cot in a DC jail, be my guest.

As unlikely as this scenario is, I could see a situation where Trump could actually use this possibility to his advantage. Let's say theoretically, someone like Mitt wants to gain enough support in the Senate to do this, so Mitt could take a shot himself in 2020. Trump tells the Republican Senate and House members, you do this and I will run as an independent and will again in 2024 if I lose. The Republicans can't convict in the Senate because Republican voter support for Trump is too strong.
Republican Flay says if vote was secret 35 Repubs would vote for impeachment

But, not one will do so publicly. Their careers would be over.

Well, maybe Mitt. But, that is the kind of guy that straps his dog to the roof of his car. So, his judgment isn't so great.

Nah, Trump would be gone, and his cult would just turn to other things. Just like they did when the teabagger fad faded.

Well, maybe Mitt. But, that is the kind of guy that straps his dog to the roof of his car. So, his judgment isn't so great.
You can be absolutely certain that Pence is going to be the next republican presidential candidate, after trump leaves office. The only things that can prevent that are if he drops dead or is impeached, himself.

Nah, Trump would be gone, and his cult would just turn to other things. Just like they did when the teabagger fad faded.

Tea baggers are still around, what ever happened to the OWS clowns?

does he grab pussies??? Speaking of judgement

Tea baggers are still around,
Yes, they are now trump cultists supporting the biggest national debt increase amd executive power grabs in history. It seems kind of a stretch to say they are still teabaggers. Joe Wilson is trying to appeal to them, and he is getting absolutely nowhere. That's definitive proof.

OWS? Packing Bernie and Warren rallies. Their platform hasnt changed. That's quite the contrast to the teabaggers.

Even if the democrat house was to vote for impeachment, the senate would never vote to remove from office. this is nothing but corrupt politics by the corrupt dems and their mouthpiece the corrupt lying media. Trump will be in office for another 5 years no matter what idiots like pencil neck Schiff and the moronic AOC say.

this entire scenario will backfire on the dems, it is very likely that the GOP will retake the house and retain the senate next year------because of all this bullshit by the dems. The american people are not as stupid as the dems think they are.

Yes, they are now trump cultists supporting the biggest national debt increase amd executive power grabs in history. It seems kind of a stretch to say they are still teabaggers. Joe Wilson is trying to appeal to them, and he is getting absolutely nowhere. That's definitive proof.

OWS? Packing Bernie and Warren rallies. Their platform hasnt changed. That's quite the contrast to the teabaggers.

Hmmm, did you forget that obozo doubled the national debt? Executive power grabs??? Obama tried to use the US intelligence agencies to influence a presidential election. WTF, dude, are you living under a rock?

Hmmm, did you forget that obozo doubled the national debt? Executive power grabs??? Obama tried to use the US intelligence agencies to influence a presidential election. WTF, dude, are you living under a rock?
Reflexive whataboutism. And even if those were equal, you would only be strenghtening and putting an exclamation point on my point. Thanks for the assist...will you be assisting me all day?

Forum List

Back