Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

More nonsense. The No ******* gas station doesn't promote Freedom, it does the exact opposite actually, but your faith in the Free Market is noted, and not entirely incorrect, however we are past that stage of capitalism now.

Even in Alabama the government had to pass Jim Crow laws to stop businesses from serving blacks because the color the owners cared about was green. The bus company was totally against the blacks being forced to sit in the back because blacks were most of their customers. If free markets worked there, where would they not work exactly? You have zero argument that anyone is going to have trouble getting a cake, a bus ride or gas in a free market. You're just pulling that out of your ass like you do everything else.

Actually I'm not. If you knew American history you'd know why these laws were passed and why, 50 years ago, the court decided they were constitutional.

Jim Crow laws were passed because business owners refused to discriminate against a large percentage of their customer base. The bigots hated that so they passed laws to force these businesses to discriminate. Jim Crow is the product of government, not private businesses.

More nonsense. The No ******* gas station doesn't promote Freedom, it does the exact opposite actually, but your faith in the Free Market is noted, and not entirely incorrect, however we are past that stage of capitalism now.

Even in Alabama the government had to pass Jim Crow laws to stop businesses from serving blacks because the color the owners cared about was green. The bus company was totally against the blacks being forced to sit in the back because blacks were most of their customers. If free markets worked there, where would they not work exactly? You have zero argument that anyone is going to have trouble getting a cake, a bus ride or gas in a free market. You're just pulling that out of your ass like you do everything else.

When you pull shit out of your ass, have the decency to eat it and not leave it on this board.

Quote: It is better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

You should do some searching on whichever part you didn't know before demonstrating your ignorance, nothing I said here is even in question.

Actually I'm not. If you knew American history you'd know why these laws were passed and why, 50 years ago, the court decided they were constitutional.

If you knew American history, you would know that the reason the laws were passed was because governments were discriminating against blacks. Jim Crow was government. Segregation in schools was government.

You are using a non sequitur argument where government eliminated government's right to discriminate to bash free markets, which had nothing to do with it. In fact, free markets were against discrimination, which is why government forced them to do it.

Given how little you know, it's hilarious how you like to lecture anyone about being ignorant. If you have two braincells and any knowledge of history, it's dawning on you what I'm saying. I'm guessing it's still pitch black in there....
Laws were passed both ways, and in both cases there were problems, as far as the people were concerned, about how the Free Market worked. See how that works?

Every coin has two side. Do try to see them both.

I have no idea what case Rotty was blathering about. In the recently ruled Masterpiece case, the couple ordered a wedding cake, not a penis cake. Unless the baker advertises that they make penis cakes, and there are plenty that do, there would be no lawsuit.

Interracial Couple: We'd like a wedding cake for our wedding
Baker: We don't bake for n words or n word lovers
Couple: See ya?

Muslim Couple: We'd like gas for our car please
Gas Station: We don't serve your kind
Couple: See ya?

I've not seen a single piece of legislation introduced anywhere that would repeal ALL public accommodation laws...I just see people bitching because in some places "the gheys" are included in them. Odd isn't it?

I don't know about what laws have been proposed, but you're not reading the discussion very closely because there have been regular comments from those of us who think businesses should be able to discriminate against gays that they should be able to discriminate against anyone else as well. Christians, whites, whatever.

Customers discriminate all the time, should that be illegal? The local liberal gay community in Durham targets any openly conservative owner. Or is just one way discrimination OK? It stupid, pointless and unnecessary. The few discriminators cause massive government power, which is what the left is actually after. Ignore the idiots and do business with someone else.

Of course, giving government pervasive control over business is the whole point of anti discrimination laws.

Bzzzt!

Sorry. Nice try.

Because when left to their own devices, Businesses do this:

slaves-persons-not-property.jpg

FEATURED_childlabor.jpg

rockport_coupon.jpg

Jim Crow laws were passed because business owners refused to discriminate against a large percentage of their customer base. The bigots hated that so they passed laws to force these businesses to discriminate. Jim Crow is the product of government, not private businesses.

Except, once again, you guys are arguing a false premise. You're going under the assumption that an incomplete set of deviant sexual behaviors "LGBT" are somehow a race of people identifiable by a genetic marker. If they were, why are their men still trying to copulate with artificial vaginas [an anus] and their women still using strapon penises [instead of the real thing]?

Closet heterosexuality within the LGBT cult means that its mental, behavioral and NOT a race of people.

Which is a VAST difference when considering them legally in court.

And the rejection of reality #3 was just waiting for me.

Your post nicely elucidates why it's so frustrating to argue with a stupid person. A smart person would never use an argument that amounts to saying nothing more than "you're wrong," because he doesn't like the idea that people are laughing or smirking at him. a stupid person, on the other hand, doesn't even know that people are laughing at him. Not only will he use the most idiotic arguments imaginable, he'll feel smug about it and use them over and over no patter how many times he is told his arguments are stupid.
In this case the one avoiding reality, which is stupid, and banging his head against the wall, also very cat toy dumb, is you. Your society has moved on, and left you behind.

Your Fantasyland will never be found here. Rational people have found better ways of dealing with the issues society faces. Nothing you say is going to change that but, carry on.

You reinforced the point of my post. You avoided addressing any point I made and simply stamped your foot and declared me to be wrong.

You're a grade A moron, PMH.

It made no sense because you're a moron. We can accomplish a lot of things if we point guns in people's faces and treat them like serfs.

We point guns at criminals. (not serfs)

How embarrassing for you not to understand that.

Serf is an antiquated term really -- Don't use it. Only makes you look less intelligent.

Your post nicely elucidates why it's so frustrating to argue with a stupid person. A smart person would never use an argument that amounts to saying nothing more than "you're wrong," because he doesn't like the idea that people are laughing or smirking at him. a stupid person, on the other hand, doesn't even know that people are laughing at him. Not only will he use the most idiotic arguments imaginable, he'll feel smug about it and use them over and over no patter how many times he is told his arguments are stupid.
In this case the one avoiding reality, which is stupid, and banging his head against the wall, also very cat toy dumb, is you. Your society has moved on, and left you behind.

Your Fantasyland will never be found here. Rational people have found better ways of dealing with the issues society faces. Nothing you say is going to change that but, carry on.

You reinforced the point of my post. You avoided addressing any point I made and simply stamped your foot and declared me to be wrong.

Entire thread it based on ignorance of the existence of a federal law called the Civil Rights Act.

Perhaps attending a high school history class would help you.

I find it surprising that the Left wing people have not objected to the sign that is displayed in thousands of establishments: No shirt, no shoes, no service.

LOL, from the guy who still doesn't grasp that Jim Crow and school segregation were government, not markets...

From now on everything they post will be one accusation of racism after another. They have no facts to support their claims, so they resort to moral intimidation. Libturds can never win the logic game. That's a talent they simply do not possess.

Entire thread it based on ignorance of the existence of a federal law called the Civil Rights Act.

I'm well aware of the civil rights act, moron. My point is that the section on public accommodations is a violation of my rights and also a violation of the Constitution.

I find it surprising that the Left wing people have not objected to the sign that is displayed in thousands of establishments: No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Heath code - safety issues - totally different.

Not related to race, religion, sexual orientation.

Google "false analogy" and you'll better understand your ignorant blunder.

LOL, from the guy who still doesn't grasp that Jim Crow and school segregation were government, not markets...

From now on everything they post will be one accusation of racism after another. They have no facts to support their claims, so they resort to moral intimidation. Libturds can never win the logic game. That's a talent they simply do not possess.
Our logic is the same as the courts, the same as the law of the land. Tell us, where's your "logic" besides bitching about modern life and reality on Internet forums eh?

It made no sense because you're a moron. We can accomplish a lot of things if we point guns in people's faces and treat them like serfs.

We point guns at criminals. (not serfs)

How embarrassing for you not to understand that.

Serf is an antiquated term really -- Don't use it. Only makes you look less intelligent.

You make everyone into a criminal with all your infernal regulations, then you point guns at everyone.

How pathetic that you don't understand that guns are used to enforce all government regulations.

If you were an intelligent person, you would understand the point. Instead we'll have to repeat the explanation 1000 times and then you still won't get it.

I'm well aware of the civil rights act, moron. My point is that the section on public accommodations is a violation of my rights and also a violation of the Constitution.

No.

It's not.

Know why?

Because SCOTUS says so.

That's how our country works.

Dummies don't get to interpret the constitution and make up the rules. We have a system of check and balances. The Civil Rights Act has been checked.

You don't like our system, get the fuck out. Buh-bye.

Forum List

Back