🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

sorry DUUUUUUUDe, its a business that serves the public ... it's not a private business ... if you serve the public then you have to accept all of the public not just the public you like... thats the law... where you get this idea thats its a private business is beyond me ... you have no Idea what you are saying or talking about when it come to doing business with the public

When it comes to services; I think the conservatives have a point; when it comes to goods, they have no point. What if every pharmacy decided they wouldn't sell heart medicine to blacks? This is what the hateful conservatives see as a "tough shit" proposition.

However, when you are talking about services such as photography for a wedding or a sitting or someone to do write resumes or what have you, unless you have a contract and THEN decide you don't want to work with blacks, you should have a right to simply refuse to do business in my view. I mean, I may want Taylor Swift to play at my graduation party. If I came up with her asking price, would she be bound to play? I hope not.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And an exceptional point on Taylor Swift. In JoeB's view, Taylor Swift has a "contract with the public" and thus should be forced to play at your graduation party.

No. She can simply decline......BECAUSE.

She cannot decline because she doesn't perform for gay people or for brown people. Simple.

If the reason does not violate public accommodation laws.....she is good to say no.

Not a difficult concept.

Not according to your initial post. According to you - refusal is legal so long as their is a "little sign" (your words chief). I blinded them in red above. You keep contradicting your own position.

Furthermore, I will note your belief that poor children should die in the street because they can't afford shoes so that they can enter McDonald's.

Typical greedy/heartless liberal....

There is a difference in the eyes of the law

A person cannot help being black or gay. They are born that way. But Redneck Conservatives are that way by CHOICE. So "No Shirt, no Shoes, no Service" signs are a legal and effective way of keeping them out of your establishment
Besides, paying customers find it objectionable being forced to dine with them. You know how they are

Dude, what are you talking about?!? There are tons of children out there who can't afford shoes. They can't help that. But you think they should be denied food and die in the streets?

You keep contradicting yourself. I feel sorry for you (when I'm not laughing at you :lol:)

Children cannot help it. Even gay and black children have no choice about their lot in life. But Redneck conservatives are that way by CHOICE. They are even proud of it as they parade bare chested with their confederate flags and gun racks.
Buisinesses find that by posting "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" they can keep those unwanted guests out. By posting " Employees must wash hands" signs, they have an excuse for not hiring redneck conservatives.

The solution is very simple. Christian bakers should do what muslim bakers do. Stop making wedding cakes unless the person is known to them. If wedding cakes are not offered to the general public as a service, gays will not be able to say they are victims of discrimination.

The problem is that there are those so ignorant and hateful that they feel the need to go to such lengths to discriminate.

The problem is that there are those so ignorant and hateful that they feel the need to specifically target individuals to force them to violate their beliefs and principles because they can. It isn't enough to just have them provide the service, they must be forced to violate their very fundamental beliefs and do so knowingly.

Who knew that there are so many homophobic bakeries out there? I didn't.

What ever happened to the baker that wanted to increase the business and expand the customer base and provide the highest quality product or service to their paying clientele?

Bake a cake with salt and icing with vinegar. How fucking stupid.

A satisfied customer tells three people or so how satisfied they were with a company or service.

A dissatisfied customer tell how many how badly they were treated? 12? 15 people. Anybody that will listen?

That right there is how fucking smart Republicans who run small business's are. Piss off the good paying customers to satisfy some weird moral belief that gay people shouldn't be able to buy a cake from a publicly run business. And the business owner is willing to give up future business and risk a poor reputation...........for what? A moral victory.

Good god republicans are stupid.

There are those who prefer morality to profits. I will not condemn them and neither should you.

I respect you and I am convinced that you would never do anything you thought was morally wrong for the sake of maximizing profits. Please don't tell me I'm mistaken.

One more thing: people who live their lives according to their beliefs are not stupid. They do what they think is right and that is how intelligent people live. Tell me, do you feel stupid when you do something you think is good? Or do you feel stupid when you do something you believe is wrong?

If you think their Christian belief is stupid, at least you have an argument (of course many people will passionately disagree with you); however, there can be no debate when a Christian molds his life to his beliefs. For many Christians, homosexuality is a terrible sin and they want no part of it. The baker is willing to take the punishments that follow his decision. What he does may be illegal, but certainly not stupid. Taking a moral stand is not stupid.

Last edited:
There are those who prefer morality to profits. I will not condemn them and neither should you.

It's not just about morality, though that's certainly part of it. Doing obscene cakes may not good be for business with their other customers. I own a graphic design firm, we're clear we don't do sexually explicit content. I doubt that bakery would have done a penis cake for a straight wedding either. They have every right to make their own choices. And plenty of other bakeries would do it, it's stupid to force someone to do what they don't want to do. Free markets provide endless alternatives.

Yes...after giving it some more thought, I think it is better to wait until all the bigots aren't bigots any longer. Then gay people can have equal rights. It shouldn't take very long. We can change hearts and minds by allowing bigots to be bigots. Let's leave them alone! The more we ignore their bigotry, the faster they will come around to supporting gay rights.

If a guy is a bigot why on earth would you want to patronize his store?

Find another person who wants your business and values you as a customer.

Not the point. I want people to be treated equally. The law says they must be treated equally. I don't want a business who does not treat people equally fucking up the community I live in. I don't think segregation is cool. Don't want it in this country.

You want it.....work to get the laws changed. You don't want it? Then remaining silent is working against you.

I am not a "live and let live" kind of guy when it comes to bigotry. I will work to end it until I take my last breath. Ignoring it is counterproductive.

Your religion is not a special privilege that exempts you from obeying the law.
True.

Until a re-interpretation of the Constitution, in the context of homosexuality, is successfully accomplished; empowering a re-alignment of mainstream religious mores and the Law of the Land.

What ever happened to the baker that wanted to increase the business and expand the customer base and provide the highest quality product or service to their paying clientele?

A satisfied customer tells three people or so how satisfied they were with a company or service.

A dissatisfied customer tell how many how badly they were treated? 12? 15 people. Anybody that will listen?

That right there is how fucking smart Republicans who run small business's are. Piss off the good paying customers to satisfy some weird moral belief that gay people shouldn't be able to buy a cake from a publicly run business. And the business owner is willing to give up future business and risk a poor reputation...........for what? A moral victory.

If your contention is so effective, why didn't these two "gals" go out and tell 12-15 of their besties how badly they were treated and leave it at that? Why use the government cudgel to force anyone else to comply with their agenda? Why do their "rights" trump the baker's rights?

Yes...after giving it some more thought, I think it is better to wait until all the bigots aren't bigots any longer. Then gay people can have equal rights. It shouldn't take very long. We can change hearts and minds by allowing bigots to be bigots. Let's leave them alone! The more we ignore their bigotry, the faster they will come around to supporting gay rights.

If a guy is a bigot why on earth would you want to patronize his store?

Find another person who wants your business and values you as a customer.

Not the point. I want people to be treated equally. The law says they must be treated equally. I don't want a business who does not treat people equally fucking up the community I live in. I don't think segregation is cool. Don't want it in this country.

You want it.....work to get the laws changed. You don't want it? Then remaining silent is working against you.

I am not a "live and let live" kind of guy when it comes to bigotry. I will work to end it until I take my last breath. Ignoring it is counterproductive.
Agreed.

The bigotry of the Homosexual Mafia is something to be fought tooth-and-nail, at every opportunity.

They have some sick form of inferiority complex which causes them to want to control everything and everyone.

Hey, I'm sure you're being too tough on 'em. Example:

A young black man owns a t-shirt store. A white guy in a big ol' pickup drives up and orders two dozen t-shirts emblazoned with a big ol' confederate flag. The young man politely refuses the order and provides the guy with the name of another t-shirt store down the street.

I'm sure our leftist friends would march in the streets, demanding that the t-shirt order is honored by the young black man. You know, public accommodation laws n' stuff.

Right?

:rolleyes:

No, dude, a dissatisfied customer goes on Yelp, Google Places, your company facebook page, and just about every place else they can find and tells people how much your service sucks.

I'm wondering if Rottie would be so understanding if someone said, "We don't serve Christians here."

I would say - GOOD! I don't want to do business with you then. Just as the gay community should with a baker who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding. And then both sides can go about their lives in FREEDOM and let the chips fall where they may.

if someone or some law forced me to make a cake, I'd make it. you probably wouldn't want to eat it, but I'd make it.

If your contention is so effective, why didn't these two "gals" go out and tell 12-15 of their besties how badly they were treated and leave it at that? Why use the government cudgel to force anyone else to comply with their agenda? Why do their "rights" trump the baker's rights?
Simple..."Tyranny of the MINORITY" ...Forced acceptance. It's an affront to liberty. NO ONE has the right to force you to do business with anyone.

Quote: Originally Posted by JoeB131 View Post
I'm wondering if Rottie would be so understanding if someone said, "We don't serve Christians here."

I guarantee he would be just as understanding.

In my opinion he would denounce the person, refuse to do business with the person and tell his friends not to do business with them. But he would respect their right to their beliefs. He wouldn't try and get a law passed to stop the person from believing what they believe. But that is just my opinion.

:clap: :clap:

I guarantee you I would respect and defend their right to hate Christians. And then I would tell Christians that I know that they hate Christians so that those people could decide for themselves whether or not they want to do business with someone like that.

Freedom and choice....incomprehensible concepts to little Nazi liberals.

You would do what now? You'd tell your friends? Why? Why not just forget it altogether? No big deal, right?

There is no way that you would just let it go, bro. No way in hell.

Simple..."Tyranny of the MINORITY" ...Forced acceptance. It's an affront to liberty. NO ONE has the right to force you to do business with anyone.

Instead of how the US has been for centuries, that you must be a certain race, sex and religion to be socially accepted...sorry I left out nationality...

Like everything else in life, you have it completely backwards...

The law does not get to impede on my religion. You would know that if you ever actually read the U.S. Constitution.

The Judge that issued the mandate that the cake vendor be forced to take "Sensitivity Training" should be disbarred, PERIOD. He has violated the First Amendment. Cut and dried. The Judge is a TYRANT in a black robe.

Last edited:
The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

It's an agenda of reeducation

My avatar on here used to be a wimpy, whining guy with an upside-down red elephant on his t-shirt waving his hands in the air with "Scared White People" written over his head. I think it's time to get that one back.

Last edited:

Like everything else in life, you have it completely backwards...

The law does not get to impede on my religion. You would know that if you ever actually read the U.S. Constitution.
Carbonated could care less about the Constitution. He is like his savior, Obama that has as much distain for it as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by JoeB131 View Post

I guarantee he would be just as understanding.

In my opinion he would denounce the person, refuse to do business with the person and tell his friends not to do business with them. But he would respect their right to their beliefs. He wouldn't try and get a law passed to stop the person from believing what they believe. But that is just my opinion.

:clap: :clap:

I guarantee you I would respect and defend their right to hate Christians. And then I would tell Christians that I know that they hate Christians so that those people could decide for themselves whether or not they want to do business with someone like that.

Freedom and choice....incomprehensible concepts to little Nazi liberals.

You would do what now? You'd tell your friends? Why? Why not just forget it altogether? No big deal, right?

There is no way that you would just let it go, bro. No way in hell.

He didn't say he would just let it go....no way in Hell did he say that.

The gay community and the liberals have lost their little Nazi minds. A privately owned business has the right to refuse to conduct business with anybody they want. Period. It's not even open for debate.

Further still, the 1st Amendment affords you the right to practice your religious belief. And the little liberal/gay Nazi community is working so hard to trample on that right as well.

All I can say is that I hope these companies deliver the most dreadful products and services when they are unconstitutionally forced to by the liberal Nazi's. If you're a bakery and you're forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I hope you put 70lbs of salt in the cake and make the frosting primarily out of vinegar so that they vomit when they eat it. Then maybe word will spread in their little gay circles that your bakery isn't any good and you can be left the hell alone to conduct your private business as you see fit.

*Note - desperate Nazi liberals will try to spin this as "homophobia" because they need to justify their anti-constitutional Nazi beliefs. However, it is not. I couldn't care less if someone is gay. What I do care about however is when they unconstitutionally force someone to do their bidding because they think being gay makes them special and entitled.

It's an agenda of reeducation

My avatar on here used to be a wimpy, whining guy waving his hands in the air with "Scared White People" written over his head. I think it's time to get that one back.

Racist much?

ASSHOLE:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back