What's Christian About Denying Service To Any Individual?

AS usual, idiot liberals don't even understand the argument.

An American has the right to deny service to anyone for any reason. It's HIS business, it's HIS time, HIS effort, it all belongs to him. It's his right and his rights should supersede the demands of someone else. No one has a right to a portion of the life or effort of another.

I'm gonna go into a Chinese restaurant and demand that they serve Italian food or I'll sue.

The radical so-called fundamentalists Christians up in Arizona tried to get a law passed that would deny service to people gay or perceived as gay in public and private places of business.

I'd like to know...what's Christlike about that?

What basis, does one build this argument in the first place?

What the radical RW have done in Arizona is prove exactly how UNCHRISTLIKE they really are by trying to pass this law.

Anyone care to show me how that radical bill they were pushing is Christian?

I'd like to know.

The government is secular. Even a Christian has the same rights as everyone else. They cannot be forced to do something that violates their beliefs. Obviously you don't like those beliefs. Well, that's just tough.

That posting was undesirable.

So, if a christian fighter pilot is assigned to a two man plane where the other pilot is non-christian and even (gasp!!) gay, the that pilot can decide to eject in mid-flight, amirite? Because his beliefs are more important than the life of his non-christian colleague, right? Remember, the Airforce is SECULAR. Just like the Gubbermint.

Your argument is just totally illogical.

We are talking about Christians conducting SECULAR business. A baker bakes cakes for all sorts of occasions, most of them secular. My G-d, if you Christians are gonna be that picky about your clientele and start judging whether a customer will be served based on your litmus test of them (Lord, what hubris), you may end up seeing lots of starving Christian businessmen who suddenly discover they have no clientele at all. But hey, you will have won the moral battle.

You do realize that this has been explained and answered? But by all means, keep playing stupid. Or perhaps it's not playing?

The radical so-called fundamentalists Christians up in Arizona tried to get a law passed that would deny service to people gay or perceived as gay in public and private places of business.

What the radical RW have done in Arizona is prove exactly how UNCHRISTLIKE they really are by trying to pass this law.

I'd like to know.

The government is secular. Even a Christian has the same rights as everyone else. They cannot be forced to do something that violates their beliefs. Obviously you don't like those beliefs. Well, that's just tough.
That's EXACTLY what I've BEEN saying all along.

Thread done. :clap2:

You apparently need to go back and read your own damn op... :cuckoo:

Why do cons suck so bad at understanding the basics of how Public Accommodation Laws work?

Dude, we understand.

I'm just pointing out the irony of this issue.

Discrimination is a part of life.

I figure if one establishment won't serve what I want I can just go to another one. It's their loss. I don't feel I have the right to demand that they serve me.

The appropriate question is what is Christian about using violence to force your viewpoint onto others?

Not everyone interprets their religious beliefs the same. You have no right to impose anything on others contrary to their individually held beliefs. It's completely unchristian, and quite frankly the actions of an repulsive man.

I concur with you entirely. Everytime a Christian businessman decides to not sell to someone he finds undesirable, he is forcing his viewpoint onto others, but unfortunately for him, at the cost of his own profits. Pretty stupid, don't you think?

I guess if profit is your god, then one might think so. It's not that your viewpoint is not understood, it is simply rejected. Or are you okay with forcing others to conform to your opinion on profit as well?

The appropriate question is what is Christian about using violence to force your viewpoint onto others?

Not everyone interprets their religious beliefs the same. You have no right to impose anything on others contrary to their individually held beliefs. It's completely unchristian, and quite frankly the actions of an repulsive man.

I concur with you entirely. Everytime a Christian businessman decides to not sell to someone he finds undesirable, he is forcing his viewpoint onto others, but unfortunately for him, at the cost of his own profits. Pretty stupid, don't you think?

You've got it ass-backwards.

What part of forcing someone to serve me don't you understand?

I'd like to know.

SB1062 had nothing to do with homosexuals or even business laws, least not directly. What had people concerned was that if allowed for 'people' (expanded to mean individuals as well as corporations, churches, or any other entity - worrisome in its own right) to practice their faith while engaged in business pursuits, even if doing so wasn't specificly part of that faith. This was the major part, and why I think it got vetoed.

Since nothing in the Bible says to refuse service to a sinner (or whatever sort) you could have with this law refused service to any sinner be they homosexuals, adulterers, Sabbath-breakers, etc. even though doing so as a business practice isn't part of doctrine or Scripture.

Bill aside, there IS in fact numerous references to purging sin from our midst via exile or execution. So it is in fact Biblically consistent to do so. Via secular laws the BIble of course doesn't go into, but it would be logical doing so if via religious law youc ould exile certain sin-crime people.

You've got it ass-backwards.

What part of forcing someone to serve me don't you understand?

Force in one direction is okay with him because it upholds his viewpoint. What funny is that there is no 'force' being used the other direction, unless you're 'forcing' them to go to another establishment to make their purchase. All you're doing is declining to perform a service, how that is 'force' is anyone's guess.

Here's the basics for those who don't get it:

If what you are demanding involves taking someone else's property, time, or effort AGAINST THEIR WILL, you are not demanding your right. Instead you are infringing on someone else's right.

As I have said before. . As long as I can be refused service for exercising my 2 nd amendment rights because the owner is scared of or hates guns, then anyone can be refused service for any reason. You can't say they can abridge my rights but not someone else's rights.

Molon Labe
Your opinion is duly noted, however, it doesn't address the OP. How is what you stated addressing Christianity or being Christlike in any way, shape or form?

you ask the wrong question.......it assumes that in order to be "Christlike" one must bake cakes for gay marriage.......a better question is whether it is Christlike to compel people to do things they do not feel is right.......

And every time a Christian sells a wedding cake to a hetero couple where one of the two partners was already unfaithful before the marriage, then they are also supporting that sin as well, right?

if a baker knew one of them was cheating on the other and refused to bake the cake for that reason, would there be a lawsuit trying to compel him to bake it anyway?......would there be a public outcry demanding the baker be forced to close his business?.......would there be a clamor for a governor to veto a bill making it okay to refuse to bake a cake for an adulterer?......

I'm gonna go into a Chinese restaurant and demand that they serve Italian food or I'll sue.
I'm sure the Chinese restaurant would do their best to accommodate you....after all they did invent the noodle...

Last edited:
As I have said before. . As long as I can be refused service for exercising my 2 nd amendment rights because the owner is scared of or hates guns, then anyone can be refused service for any reason. You can't say they can abridge my rights but not someone else's rights.

Molon Labe
Your opinion is duly noted, however, it doesn't address the OP. How is what you stated addressing Christianity or being Christlike in any way, shape or form?

you ask the wrong question.......it assumes that in order to be "Christlike" one must bake cakes for gay marriage.......a better question is whether it is Christlike to compel people to do things they do not feel is right.......
a baker job is to bake....and make a living at it..they're personal ideology is irrelevant. the cake doesn't care who eats it..
gay money is just as spendable as strait money..
then again, with all the changes in the look of our currency Abe, George and the other guys look kinda light in the loafers,,,

a baker job is to bake....and make a living at it..they're personal ideology is irrelevant. the cake doesn't care who eats it..
then again, with all the changes in the look of our currency Abe, George and the other guys look kinda light in the loafers,,,

The only person hurt by this is the people who choose not to take the other person's money. If someone doesn't want my money, I am not going to force them to take it and give me service. Doesn't make sense.

AS usual, idiot liberals don't even understand the argument.

An American has the right to deny service to anyone for any reason. It's HIS business, it's HIS time, HIS effort, it all belongs to him. It's his right and his rights should supersede the demands of someone else. No one has a right to a portion of the life or effort of another.

This isn't a concept the left understands. Look at the health care issue. They don't seem to understand there can be no right to healthcare because it is someone's labor. In order to get healthcare, someone has to take their time and resources to give it. You cannot have a right to another person's labor or resources.

People can and should help one another and care for one another. But no one has a right to demand another person do so against their will. That is slavery. Even if they are supposedly compensated. Slaves were given free room and board. Does any rational person believe they were any less slaves because they were compensated?

Im sitting here and I am thinking we are challenging Obamacare for the wrong reasons. We should be challenging it on the grounds of the thirteenth amendment.

The only person hurt by this is the people who choose not to take the other person's money. If someone doesn't want my money, I am not going to force them to take it and give me service. Doesn't make sense.
didn't I just say that? are you agreeing with me?

Forum List

Back