What's the Liberal to Conservative Ratio Here?

What's the Liberal to Conservative Ratio on USMB?

• Total voters
Because you are another liberal pinko commie idiot.

How come you trailer trash are all the same - live in a trailer, have a pit bull terrier, and wear a stupid cap. Stereotypes are what they are I guess. I bet if you smiled in your pic, a couple of your front teeth are missing, too.

Just curious, seems fairly unbalanced based on my activity at other forums. I'd guess it's about 70% conservative, 30% liberal. And a few libertarians here scattering about trying to make sense of the world. Can't forget about them! They're special too.

It might also be that the conservatives are simply more vocal in general. They seem to have this need to post every passing thought that they hear from someone else, pretending it's their own thought.

Please vote your political stance: Liberal, Conservative or Libertarian/Anarchist.

well, they like to call themselves "conservative". they're actually radical extremist reactionaries.

we've had these polls before, it's a near even split, each time.

but the pussified left claim this is a con board, which certifies the even playing field.
I don't doubt that they claim that, even with 90% of the staff Liberals.

if you're going to use multiple nics to spam the board, you should probably change your ink color and tone.

must be hard work to sound this ignorant under two names.

Just curious, seems fairly unbalanced based on my activity at other forums. I'd guess it's about 70% conservative, 30% liberal. And a few libertarians here scattering about trying to make sense of the world. Can't forget about them! They're special too.

It might also be that the conservatives are simply more vocal in general. They seem to have this need to post every passing thought that they hear from someone else, pretending it's their own thought.

Please vote your political stance: Liberal, Conservative or Libertarian/Anarchist.
The better question is how many honest liberals or conservatives are here who admit when they are wrong, or more importantly, do not avoid the difficult questions or challenges posed their way. Off the top of my head I would say there are about 5 conservatives like that and 0 liberals.

I wouldn't exactly say that's a better question. The answer seems pretty obvious to me -- liberals are rarely wrong. Hope this helps!
I've never seen a Liberal that was correct, actually. Good examples being their economic policies, in nearly every case. Like Obama's, for example, where he seems to think taxing businesses per employee actually encourages them to hire more employees.
And then there's reality...

imrs.php

But getting back to the OP. This board was started by, sold to, and currently run by, conservatives. The ones who started it were of the looney neocon type. Then Gunny ran it, and he was more or less normal when sober (there was somebody in between but they didn't last long - they were cons too). Then the latest lot are cons, but pretty normal...well, as normal as any con can be...

The better question is how many honest liberals or conservatives are here who admit when they are wrong, or more importantly, do not avoid the difficult questions or challenges posed their way. Off the top of my head I would say there are about 5 conservatives like that and 0 liberals.

I wouldn't exactly say that's a better question. The answer seems pretty obvious to me -- liberals are rarely wrong. Hope this helps!
I've never seen a Liberal that was correct, actually. Good examples being their economic policies, in nearly every case. Like Obama's, for example, where he seems to think taxing businesses per employee actually encourages them to hire more employees.

imrs.php

Anyone can pull very select statistics to make a point, albeit false one.

I do not think a president can do much to bolster an economy, but I do think they can cause a lot of damage to make things worse.

They give Bill Clinton way too much credit for having done anything. He was just in the right place at the right time. I do know after those "growth years" (phony as they may have been) the first year the stock market posted an annual loss was the last year of Clinton's presidency. Kind of set up for a great fall that is all attributed to Bush.

Also, during the Obama years how much did the national debt grow?... 8 trillion? 10 trillion? I guess if anyone goes into debt one can do a lot with 8 trillion dollars to spur some job growth.

Again, your chart is meaningless to me and I just do not think any president has that much ability to spur on a national economy.

imrs.php

Anyone can pull very select statistics to make a point, albeit false one.

I do not think a president can do much to bolster an economy, but I do think they can cause a lot of damage to make things worse.

They give Bill Clinton way too much credit for having done anything. He was just in the right place at the right time. I do know after those "growth years" (phony as they may have been) the first year the stock market posted an annual loss was the last year of Clinton's presidency. Kind of set up for a great fall that is all attributed to Bush.

Also, during the Obama years how much did the national debt grow?... 8 trillion? 10 trillion? I guess if anyone goes into debt one can do a lot with 8 trillion dollars to spur some job growth.

Again, your chart is meaningless to me and I just do not think any president has that much ability to spur on a national economy.
Yeah, what was I thinking showing job growth in response to a delusional con talking about job growth??

And sorry, not interested in playing your three con monty game... like where you try to divert the conversation away from job growth and make it about debt.

we've had these polls before, it's a near even split, each time.

but the pussified left claim this is a con board, which certifies the even playing field.
I don't doubt that they claim that, even with 90% of the staff Liberals.

if you're going to use multiple nics to spam the board, you should probably change your ink color and tone.

must be hard work to sound this ignorant under two names.
you're one of the people that claim this board is mostly cons, even with everyone of these polls coming up even.

Because you are another liberal pinko commie idiot.

How come you trailer trash are all the same - live in a trailer, have a pit bull terrier, and wear a stupid cap. Stereotypes are what they are I guess. I bet if you smiled in your pic, a couple of your front teeth are missing, too.
Are you really going to denigrate someone because they can't afford Dental insurance. It cost $265 to pull 1 single tooth nowadays. I myself only have 3 teeth left in my upper jaw. Pay me a full time minimum wage so I can afford to fix my teeth or shut the fuck up.

But getting back to the OP. This board was started by, sold to, and currently run by, conservatives. The ones who started it were of the looney neocon type. Then Gunny ran it, and he was more or less normal when sober (there was somebody in between but they didn't last long - they were cons too). Then the latest lot are cons, but pretty normal...well, as normal as any con can be...
Most Business owners are cons. Go figure.
Most teachers are Liberals.
Those who can do, do, those who can't teach, those who can't teach administrate.

Oh right. You get a soundbite from All in the Family circa 1975 and that proves your point? That aside, that isn't even my point, fool.

Yup you are a young pup.....

And bullshit, you are trying to tell us we came up with that name.

It was you fools, always trying to change the name of shit when you look like a bunch of morons.
Liberals vs. Progressives | Mother Jones
Liberal
Vs
Progressives

KEVIN DRUM NOV. 9, 2010 12:23 PM

A conservative-ish friend was visiting me a couple of weeks ago and wanted to know what the word "progressive" meant. It's just someone who's really far to the left, isn't it? I said no, not really, it was basically a term born a few years ago when liberals decided that the word "liberal" was irreparably tarnished and we needed something new to call ourselves. But beyond that, honestly, I wasn't entirely sure.

Turns out I'm not alone. Chris Moody explores the etymology of the wordhere, and apparently no one else really knows for sure either. Enjoy.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government. It developed in 18th Century Europe and drew on the economic writings of Adam Smith and the growing notion of social progress. Liberalism was also influenced by the writings of Thomas Hobbes, who argued that governments exist to protect individuals from each other. The term is sometimes used broadly to refer to all forms of liberalism prior to the 20th Century. Conservatives and libertarians often invoke classical liberalism to mean a fundamental belief in minimal government.

The Founding Fathers of the United States were strong subscribers to this philosophy.

Modern liberalism (AKA Progressivism) arose in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries (roughly the same period as the rise of Communism) and focuses around the use of the state for the benefit of society as a whole. Modern American liberalism is a form of social liberalism developed from progressive ideals such as Theodore Roosevelt’s New Nationalism,Woodrow Wilson’s New Freedom, Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal, John F. Kennedy’s New Frontier, and Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society. It combines social liberalism and social progressivism with support for a welfare state and a mixed economy.

Yeah, you taught yourself to read, write and run your business. Asshole.

Yeah, you taught yourself to read, write and run your business. Asshole.

Too funny.

My parents taught me to read starting at about age three, without federal assistance. I could already read when I entered Catholic school. The nuns there took care of the handwriting, again without a dime of federal assistance.

I worked for corporations at their pleasure. Retired quite early. My current business is self-run. The only federal involvement is the change they steal from my pocket to pay for the less inclined.

Forum List

Back