What's wrong with smart guns?

How about you stick with stats for like the last two decades? Or do you prefer to be ridiculous?

How is that ridiculous...Germany and Europe were modern nations, with universities, philosphy, science, the rule of law.....and democracy.....and in 20 years they became a place where they murdered 12 million innocent men, women and 1.5 million children..........they were not a medieval Europe...they were the most modern nations on the planet at the time........and a small group......in control....murdered 12 million unarmed people.....

You really don't think it could ever happen again....with all the muslims flooding Europe right now...and all the increased tensions...and the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans.....? And do you think the Russians are treating the people in the occupied areas of Ukraine with gentleness and fondness.....really?

I think an armed population has nothing to do with it. Again most of Europe is not armed and yet it isn't happening.

I will never happen here, our military are the best people we have. With 24/7 news, the internet, smart phones... Sorry will not ever happen.

And the 12 million people would have said they live in Europe......the most advanced nations of the world.....nothing like that would ever happen...they would call you crazy.........well, they might be right on that one....but they would have said there was no way any German, no matter who it was and how much they hated Jews would march 12 million people, men, women and 1.5 million children into gas chambers......it would never happen.

You are aware it is a completely different world now right? Again, they didn't have 24/7 news and the internet, and smart phones...

And again Europe is not armed and they are fine. That kills your crazy theory.

yes...tell that to the Yzidis...or the people at the Christmas Party in San Bernadino..........

The European civilians are not armed.......just like in Germany in 1930s the police and military have all the guns.......that worked out...right?

You seem to keep jumping around and not making any sense. We have over 500 people in this country killed by guns accidently. That is more than Europe has intentionally killed by your bad guys.

Most of Europe is not armed and it isn't happening.... And it would never happen here. So stop with the silliness.

Tell that to the Japanese.....

And it would never happen here

If you asked those 12 million people the year before they were shipped to the gas chambers..that is exactly what they would have said......

Sure and was there 24/7 news then? Smart phones? The internet? Sorry but Europe is not armed and it is not happening. That kills your whole theory.

Hmmm...seems to me isis is using the 24/7 news cycle, smart phones and the internet..........and the San Bernadino killers also used smart phones and computers.......each thing you listed makes it easier for mass murder, not more difficult.......

And those aren't governments.

You don't think putin is committng atrocities in Ukraine?

Or that mass murder, like what is happening in Mexico right now by the drug cartels and their government allies can't happen anywhere else in the world...? Who is delusional now....?

Tell ya;' what, hide out in your bunker and we'll call you when Putin comes knockin'.

So, according to the CDC almost as many people die by firearms as by cars?

actually, more people die from car accidents....so we need to ban cars....if you have a gun and a car...get rid of the car......

Not many, less than 200 more by car and by far more people come into contact with cars than they do guns on a day to day basis.

Look at this trend:

guns-vs-car-deaths-2015.jpg

Sorry...the only way they do that is to include suicides...I already gave you the stats for gun murder and accidental gun deaths....

And suicides dont' count.....why? Because Japan, south korea, China...all have absolute gun control...and have 2x our suicide rate.....and of course according to the CDC.... 19,000 Americans committed suicide in 2013 without a gun...

So the people who used a gun..would simply use whatever the other 19,000 people used....

You aren't the first one to try that...and by the way.....the other anti gunners will bitch about comparing cars to guns...even though the anti gunners did it first....

Most of Europe is not armed and it isn't happening.... And it would never happen here. So stop with the silliness.

And it would never happen here

If you asked those 12 million people the year before they were shipped to the gas chambers..that is exactly what they would have said......

Sure and was there 24/7 news then? Smart phones? The internet? Sorry but Europe is not armed and it is not happening. That kills your whole theory.

Hmmm...seems to me isis is using the 24/7 news cycle, smart phones and the internet..........and the San Bernadino killers also used smart phones and computers.......each thing you listed makes it easier for mass murder, not more difficult.......

Or that mass murder, like what is happening in Mexico right now by the drug cartels and their government allies can't happen anywhere else in the world...? Who is delusional now....?

I think Ukraine is a country with a military.

How is that ridiculous...Germany and Europe were modern nations, with universities, philosphy, science, the rule of law.....and democracy.....and in 20 years they became a place where they murdered 12 million innocent men, women and 1.5 million children..........they were not a medieval Europe...they were the most modern nations on the planet at the time........and a small group......in control....murdered 12 million unarmed people.....

You really don't think it could ever happen again....with all the muslims flooding Europe right now...and all the increased tensions...and the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans.....? And do you think the Russians are treating the people in the occupied areas of Ukraine with gentleness and fondness.....really?

I think an armed population has nothing to do with it. Again most of Europe is not armed and yet it isn't happening.

I will never happen here, our military are the best people we have. With 24/7 news, the internet, smart phones... Sorry will not ever happen.

And the 12 million people would have said they live in Europe......the most advanced nations of the world.....nothing like that would ever happen...they would call you crazy.........well, they might be right on that one....but they would have said there was no way any German, no matter who it was and how much they hated Jews would march 12 million people, men, women and 1.5 million children into gas chambers......it would never happen.

You are aware it is a completely different world now right? Again, they didn't have 24/7 news and the internet, and smart phones...

And again Europe is not armed and they are fine. That kills your crazy theory.

yes...tell that to the Yzidis...or the people at the Christmas Party in San Bernadino..........

The European civilians are not armed.......just like in Germany in 1930s the police and military have all the guns.......that worked out...right?

You seem to keep jumping around and not making any sense. We have over 500 people in this country killed by guns accidently. That is more than Europe has intentionally killed by your bad guys.

And over 128 were murdered in France...and over 300 injure...of course you have to leave the 12 million murdered....because that blows up your theories.......

And why is Britain arming more of their police with guns...if they confiscated all of their guns?

And why is Australian gun crime going up....after the confiscation?

actually, more people die from car accidents....so we need to ban cars....if you have a gun and a car...get rid of the car......

Not many, less than 200 more by car and by far more people come into contact with cars than they do guns on a day to day basis.

Look at this trend:

Sorry...the only way they do that is to include suicides...I already gave you the stats for gun murder and accidental gun deaths....

And suicides dont' count.....why? Because Japan, south korea, China...all have absolute gun control...and have 2x our suicide rate.....and of course according to the CDC.... 19,000 Americans committed suicide in 2013 without a gun...

So the people who used a gun..would simply use whatever the other 19,000 people used....

You aren't the first one to try that...and by the way.....the other anti gunners will bitch about comparing cars to guns...even though the anti gunners did it first....

Suicides count too, just because you don't want to count them is your problem.

How many people do you think touch a gun on a daily basis compared to interacting with a car?

I bet most gun owners use their cars more than their guns.

yes...and the Russians beat their military just like the Germans beat the French, the Belgians, the Norwegians, and the rest.....and their civilians were completely disarmed and relied on their governments to protect them...and instead their governments handed over their citizens to the Germans for the gas chambers...12 million people.

Look at this trend:

How many people do you think touch a gun on a daily basis compared to interacting with a car?

Nope...when the Japanese, South Korean and Chinese commit suicide at 2x our rate without any guns...then guns are not the issue with suicide...and on top of that 19,000 americans committed suicide without guns in 2013.....so again...guns are not the issue.

And, btw, gun suicide is by far more successful than any other attempt.

Look at this trend:

I bet most gun owners use their cars more than their guns.

And to be accurate....I never said suicides weren't tragic or a problem...I just said that guns are not the issue with suicide.

ask all the actual victims of rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping...your claim is not 100%.....so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.......

also ask the 12 million people murdered by the Europeans......they will tell you they needed guns too...

You are one of the people always claiming guns aren't even fired in defense. Are you now claiming they are often fired in defense? Is that something you really want to do?

When were 12 million people murdered by Europeans?

No. He claims the MAJORITY of them are not fired. You, being the dishonest debater that you are misrepresent what he says. Why is that? Are you simply not smart enough to engage in a discussion without lying?

Yes the vast majority don't even require firing. That is what he claims.

And that is factual. My one defensive gun use here in the USA did not require me to shoot the idiot trying to break down my hotel door. I didn't even need to point it at him. I merely showed him that I had one and he left.

So then you could have had a smart gun and been fine. Thank you, that is my point.

You really are a retard aren't you. What happens when the bad guy decides he isn't going to stop? Hmmm?

except for the methods used by the Japanese, South Koreans and Chinese...who don't use guns at all...and manage to commit suicide at 2x our rate...........jumping in front of a train is just as effective and a lot messier....

Look at this trend:

Nope...when the Japanese, South Korean and Chinese commit suicide at 2x our rate without any guns...then guns are not the issue with suicide...and on top of that 19,000 americans committed suicide without guns in 2013.....so again...guns are not the issue.

They don't live in a gun culture.

Do you think the percentage of people who use guns on a daily basis is about what? 30% maybe 50% of the number of people who use autos?

Yes, it is. And I would rather they kill just themselves than jump off of a building and land on someone, or crash their car into a group of people or slam their airliner into a mountain. Wouldn't you? Besides, progressives the world over are fighting like hell to legalize doctor assisted suicide. What's the difference? They are in pain and they want to stop it. Do they not have the right to end their own lives?

Look at this trend:

Do you think the percentage of people who use guns on a daily basis is about what? 30% maybe 50% of the number of people who use autos?

Doesn't matter......did you know that as our gun ownership levels have gone up....our gun suicide rate has gone down.......? Did you realize that.......

And yes...I know....the Japanese, South Korean and China facts are making you look silly...so now you try to change the direction of your argument...but I have to go to sleep....I have my power ranger PJs on...so good night.

except for the methods used by the Japanese, South Koreans and Chinese...who don't use guns at all...and manage to commit suicide at 2x our rate...........jumping in front of a train is just as effective and a lot messier....

I know, it's exactly how we don't do it here.

I'm think 30%. People who use their guns equals about 30% of people who jump into a car on a daily basis. Sound fair?

yes...and the Russians beat their military just like the Germans beat the French, the Belgians, the Norwegians, and the rest.....and their civilians were completely disarmed and relied on their governments to protect them...and instead their governments handed over their citizens to the Germans for the gas chambers...12 million people.

If the Russian military comes for you it won't matter if you have a gun. Sorry. And of course they couldn't beat our military anyhow.

Yes, it is. And I would rather they kill just themselves than jump off of a building and land on someone, or crash their car into a group of people or slam their airliner into a mountain. Wouldn't you? Besides, progressives the world over are fighting like hell to legalize doctor assisted suicide. What's the difference? They are in pain and they want to stop it. Do they not have the right to end their own lives?

I'd prefer they just fail to kill themselves and without a gun chances are they will.

I'd prefer they just fail to kill themselves and without a gun chances are they will.

hasn't seemed to work with the Japanese or the Scandinavians.

Look at this trend:

Hmmm...but that doesn't stop them from committing suicide at 2x our rate....does it...so I guess a gun culture isn't a factor in suicide is it?

Forum List

Back