What's wrong with smart guns?

You never had to swipe your finger more than once?

I highly doubt that

Probably have, but it is used a lot.
So how may times should I have to swipe my finger over a reader before I can use a gun if my or my wife's life is in danger

3, 4, more?

What if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves ?

Get the kind where you enter a code then. Stop being so scared. Again the stats show there is about a 0% chance you will ever need to shoot at someone. No reason to spend your life paranoid and scared. I carry no weapon and am not scared.

And there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

I have no need of your idiotic fingerprint scan guns my 3 decades expereince handling firearms has proven that and quite frankly you have no right to tell me otherwise

Standing naked in a thunderstorm would be very uncomfortable.

I'm not telling you that you need one. I'm telling you that you would be just as safe with one, probably safer. I'm telling you that you don't need to be so scared.

Not scared, prepared

But I don't expect you to understand the difference

There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.
You aren't being snarky, you're being a stupid asshole, there's a difference. I honestly don't give a fuck if owning guns makes liberals pee themselves. Not my problem.

I think the only ones peeing themselves are the gun nuts every time they hear someone say gun control. Stop being so scared its a safe country.

09/28/15

Today, the FBI is releasing the 2014 edition of its annual report Crime in the United States, a statistical compilation of offense, arrest, and police employee data reported voluntarily by law enforcement agencies that participate in the Bureau’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program. This latest report reveals that the estimated number of violent crimes reported by law enforcement to UCR’s Summary Reporting System during 2014 decreased 0.2 percent when compared with 2013 data. And the estimated number of property crimes decreased 4.3 percent from 2013 levels.

Here are some highlights from Crime in the United States, 2014:

• There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) reported by law enforcement.
  • Aggravated assaults accounted for 63.6 percent of the violent crimes reported, while robberies accounted for 28.0 percent, rape 7.2 percent, and murders 1.2 percent.

In a country of over 300 million. Should we dig further into their findings and see just how tiny your chance of being a victim is?

Probably have, but it is used a lot.
So how may times should I have to swipe my finger over a reader before I can use a gun if my or my wife's life is in danger

3, 4, more?

Get the kind where you enter a code then. Stop being so scared. Again the stats show there is about a 0% chance you will ever need to shoot at someone. No reason to spend your life paranoid and scared. I carry no weapon and am not scared.

And there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

I have no need of your idiotic fingerprint scan guns my 3 decades expereince handling firearms has proven that and quite frankly you have no right to tell me otherwise

I'm not telling you that you need one. I'm telling you that you would be just as safe with one, probably safer. I'm telling you that you don't need to be so scared.

Not scared, prepared

I wouldn't understand, I'm not paranoid and scared.

Whats wrong with a breathalyzer ignition interlock on every car sold in America. How about a governor that limits speeds to the posted speed limit. Or a kill switch to disable your vehicle when the police want to stop you.

If you want a smart gun...by all means, get one. I follow the KISS method...keep it simple stupid. A firearm is something that...when you need it...you need it to work properly immediately. The simpler it is, the higher the probability that it will do just that.

The claim is that 99.9999% of the time the gun isn't even fired. If that pro gun claim is correct you are safe with a toy gun that looks real.
There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.
Only an insane person would 'carry' a fucking toy gun.
Remember what happens when people wave a toy gun at a LEO?

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

EXACTLY! Thus there is absolutely NO reason for you to demand we relinquish our right to own guns. Thank you for making that so clear! Guns are not the problem!

Whats wrong with a breathalyzer ignition interlock on every car sold in America. How about a governor that limits speeds to the posted speed limit. Or a kill switch to disable your vehicle when the police want to stop you.

If you want a smart gun...by all means, get one. I follow the KISS method...keep it simple stupid. A firearm is something that...when you need it...you need it to work properly immediately. The simpler it is, the higher the probability that it will do just that.

The claim is that 99.9999% of the time the gun isn't even fired. If that pro gun claim is correct you are safe with a toy gun that looks real.

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

then what the fuck is the prezbo so worried about stripping gun rights from honest folk
He hasn't. The gun companies have made you believe that however and gotten you suckers to spend a lot of $$$.

You aren't being snarky, you're being a stupid asshole, there's a difference. I honestly don't give a fuck if owning guns makes liberals pee themselves. Not my problem.

I think the only ones peeing themselves are the gun nuts every time they hear someone say gun control. Stop being so scared its a safe country.

09/28/15

Today, the FBI is releasing the 2014 edition of its annual report Crime in the United States, a statistical compilation of offense, arrest, and police employee data reported voluntarily by law enforcement agencies that participate in the Bureau’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program. This latest report reveals that the estimated number of violent crimes reported by law enforcement to UCR’s Summary Reporting System during 2014 decreased 0.2 percent when compared with 2013 data. And the estimated number of property crimes decreased 4.3 percent from 2013 levels.

• There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) reported by law enforcement.
  • Aggravated assaults accounted for 63.6 percent of the violent crimes reported, while robberies accounted for 28.0 percent, rape 7.2 percent, and murders 1.2 percent.

In a country of over 300 million. Should we dig further into their findings and see just how tiny your chance of being a victim is?

Unless you happen to be one of the million plus victims

I bet most of them never thought they'd be a victim of a violent crime just like you do

I'm sure Dr Petit of CT never thought his wife and daughters would be raped and burned alive in their own home

EXACTLY! Thus there is absolutely NO reason for you to demand we relinquish our right to own guns. Thank you for making that so clear! Guns are not the problem!

You seem to be making things up. Where did I suggest taking your guns? Wouldn't want you peeing yourself again.

3, 4, more?

Not scared, prepared

Sure you are. You are paranoid a terrified of anyone who owns a gun. That's why you want to disarm all of them.

09/28/15

I bet most of them never thought they'd be a victim of a violent crime just like you do

I'm sure Dr Petit of CT never thought his wife and daughters would be raped and burned alive in their own home

No actually many of those are involved in criminal activity and should have expected it. Are you involved in criminal activity? You really don't need to be so scared.

Not scared, prepared

Sure you are. You are paranoid a terrified of anyone who owns a gun. That's why you want to disarm all of them.

I own ten myself...

09/28/15

No actually many of those are involved in criminal activity and should have expected it. Are you involved in criminal activity? You really don't need to be so scared.

So Dr Petit his wife and daughters were criminals and deserved it?

Not scared, prepared

I own ten myself...

So you own guns and you call other gun owners scared and paranoid.

09/28/15

One example in a country of over 300 million? Yes you should be very afraid. Haha good one.

Not scared, prepared

I own ten myself...

Not gun owners, gun nuts. The guys who run out and buy guns at the mention of gun control.

To the OP. There's nothing wrong with smart guns, just like there's nothing wrong with backup cameras in cars. The problem, however, comes in when the government forces you to rely solely on the technology, and it fails at a critical point. The backup camera is slow and you don't see the toddler until it's too late. The smart gun's fingerprint analysis fails, and you take a bullet before it can reboot. Let the buyer choose to use, and when the technology is proven sound and reliable, more will do so.

09/28/15

One example in a country of over 300 million? Yes you should be very afraid. Haha good one.

There's over a million examples and it's on you to prove that most of them were involved in criminal activities

It's all well and good to bet your life on statistics until you're one of those very statistics that is

Not scared, prepared

I own ten myself...

Not gun owners, gun nuts. The guys who run out and buy guns at the mention of gun control.

Yet you have been calling me scared an paranoid

Seems you're projecting

Not scared, prepared

I own ten myself...
Suuuuure you do.
Did you buy them from 'Toys R Us'?

There's over a million examples and it's on you to prove that most of them were involved in criminal activities

It's all well and good to bet your life on statistics until you're one of those very statistics that is

The FBI has done it for me. You better talk to the guy who started we have gang problem not a gun problem.

Over 300 million people. And only about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense. You are very safe.

Not scared, prepared

I own ten myself...
Suuuuure you do.
Did you buy them from 'Toys R Us'?

Are they a Ruger dealer?

Forum List

Back