What's wrong with smart guns?

I wouldn't understand, I'm not paranoid and scared.

Sure you are. You are paranoid a terrified of anyone who owns a gun. That's why you want to disarm all of them.

I own ten myself...

So you own guns and you call other gun owners scared and paranoid.

Not gun owners, gun nuts. The guys who run out and buy guns at the mention of gun control.

Yet you have been calling me scared an paranoid

Seems you're projecting

You are claiming you wouldn't be safe with a smart gun. Given you are safe with no gun your claim is gun nutty.

Sure you are. You are paranoid a terrified of anyone who owns a gun. That's why you want to disarm all of them.

I own ten myself...

Not gun owners, gun nuts. The guys who run out and buy guns at the mention of gun control.

Seems you're projecting

You are claiming you wouldn't be safe with a smart gun. Given you are safe with no gun your claim is gun nutty.

No one in a free society is safe. It is the nature of the beast. as long as people are free, there will be those who seek to harm others. That it is an extreme minority of the population does not change that.

Unless you happen to be one of the million plus victims

I bet most of them never thought they'd be a victim of a violent crime just like you do

I'm sure Dr Petit of CT never thought his wife and daughters would be raped and burned alive in their own home

No actually many of those are involved in criminal activity and should have expected it. Are you involved in criminal activity? You really don't need to be so scared.

So Dr Petit his wife and daughters were criminals and deserved it?

One example in a country of over 300 million? Yes you should be very afraid. Haha good one.

There's over a million examples and it's on you to prove that most of them were involved in criminal activities

It's all well and good to bet your life on statistics until you're one of those very statistics that is

The FBI has done it for me. You better talk to the guy who started we have gang problem not a gun problem.

Over 300 million people. And only about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense. You are very safe.

Why does using a gun in for self defense have to involve killing someone or even shooting them for that matter?

How many times has a crime been prevented by a person with a firearm who never discharged it?

You are being deliberately obtuse

or maybe not

I own ten myself...

Seems you're projecting

I never said I wouldn't be safe I said why would I want to take the chance of the gun not working?

I have been safe with my plain old weapons for more than 3 decades I have proven that I don't need any more safety mechanisms than the ones I have

No actually many of those are involved in criminal activity and should have expected it. Are you involved in criminal activity? You really don't need to be so scared.

One example in a country of over 300 million? Yes you should be very afraid. Haha good one.

There's over a million examples and it's on you to prove that most of them were involved in criminal activities

It's all well and good to bet your life on statistics until you're one of those very statistics that is

The FBI has done it for me. You better talk to the guy who started we have gang problem not a gun problem.

Over 300 million people. And only about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense. You are very safe.

Why does using a gun in for self defense have to involve killing someone or even shooting them for that matter?

How many times has a crime been prevented by a person with a firearm who never discharged it?

or maybe not

So then you would be just as safe with a smart gun. That is the point.

I own ten myself...

Seems you're projecting

I never said I wouldn't be safe I said why would I want to take the chance of the gun not working?

I have been safe with my plain old weapons for more than 3 decades I have proven that I don't need any more safety mechanisms than the ones I have

Because you wouldn't really be taking a chance. Based on your own arguments.

or maybe not

Unless it didn't work because the electronics failed

Why take that chance?

Seems you're projecting

SO I don't need any more safety mechanisms because I am perfectly safe with my weapons already

I own ten myself...

Seems you're projecting

No one in a free society is safe. It is the nature of the beast. as long as people are free, there will be those who seek to harm others. That it is an extreme minority of the population does not change that.

Well yes, but carrying a gun really makes you statistically no safer. And carrying a smart gun instead of regular gun certainly makes no difference.

or maybe not

Unless it didn't work because the electronics failed

Why take that chance?

You just argued that nobody has to shoot. So you really aren't taking a chance.

Seems you're projecting

SO I don't need any more safety mechanisms because I am perfectly safe with my weapons already
Smart guns are the same as cars that drive themselves. They make as much sense and are as dangerous as driverless stagecoaches.
I wonder how many smart gun owners have had to ask the thug breaking in if they could just wait a minute "while I get this fucking gun to work!"?

The claim is that 99.9999% of the time the gun isn't even fired. If that pro gun claim is correct you are safe with a toy gun that looks real.
There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.
Only an insane person would 'carry' a fucking toy gun.
Remember what happens when people wave a toy gun at a LEO?

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

then what the fuck is the prezbo so worried about stripping gun rights from honest folk
He hasn't. The gun companies have made you believe that however and gotten you suckers to spend a lot of $$$.

you are absolutely incorrect

Seems you're projecting

Unless you shoot yourself, but you have control of that.

Seems you're projecting

Smart guns are the same as cars that drive themselves. They make as much sense and are as dangerous as driverless stagecoaches.
I wonder how many smart gun owners have had to ask the thug breaking in if they could just wait a minute "while I get this fucking gun to work!"?

Probably 0.

There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.
Only an insane person would 'carry' a fucking toy gun.
Remember what happens when people wave a toy gun at a LEO?

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

then what the fuck is the prezbo so worried about stripping gun rights from honest folk
He hasn't. The gun companies have made you believe that however and gotten you suckers to spend a lot of $$$.

you are absolutely incorrect

We have new gun control?

Here is a list of how succesful different types of suicdes are

Lethality of Suicide Method
Fatal Nonfatal Total % Fatal
Firearm fatal: 16,869 non fatal: 2,980 total attempts: 19,849 % successful: 85%
Suffocation fatal: 6,198 non fatal: 2,761 total attempts:8,959 % successful: 69%
Poisoning/overdose fatal: 5,191 non fatal: 215,814 total attempts: 221,005 % successful: 2%
Fall fatal: 651 non fatal: 1434 total attempts: 2,085 % successful: 31%
Cut/pierce fatal: 458 non-fatal: 62,817 total attempts: 63,275 % successful: 1%
Other fatal: 1,109 non fatal: 35,089 total attempts: 36,198 % successful: 3%
Unspecified fatal: 146 non fatal: 2097 total attempts: 2,243% successful: 7%

Total fatal: 30,622 non-fatal: 322,991 total attempts: 353,613 % successful:9%

Data is from 2001. And shows that successful gun suicides make up over 55% of all suicides yet only makes up less than 6% of all suicide attempts. Because guns make the attempt permanent and other forms of suicide attempts usually fail.

The above data also demonstrates that people don't usually end up choosing guns only after exhausting other methods as gun attempts do not come close to equaling other failed types of failed attempts.

Bullet Trains, tall buildings, bridges, home chemicals, and rope….100% effective in Japan, China and South Korea…they use them to kill themselves at 2x our rate.

Right, I would guess those types of suicide are covered in the "other" category and are less lethal than guns. Try again.
Right, I would guess those types of suicide are covered in the "other" category and are less lethal than guns. Try again

Not in Japan, China or South Korea, Poland, Hungary or Scandinavia……..they are the most lethal method they use…since they don't use guns….

Guns cause suicide about as much as a hammer causes a nail to drive into a 2x4.

Other than that, I have stats and you don't

Lies damn lies and....

Tell me how many of those people who kill themselves with guns in the US wouldn't still commit suicide if there were no guns available?

And besides suicide is not a crime and people have the right to decide whether they live or die so your suicide numbers don't count as far as I'm concerned

Well, if you look at states that have a lot of guns and states that don't you will find that gun suicides are higher while non-gun suicides are relatively even. But, you won't even comment on that.

My guess is that often times suicide is not well thought, more of an impulse and when someone does not attain immediate success (like shooting yourself often will) they give up, maybe get help, get sober, whatever the reasons obviously according to the numbers suicide is less prevalent with less guns.

Correlation and causation are not the same thing

You cannot tell me that people who can't get a gun won't kill themselves anyway

And as I said it's none of my business if a person wants to commit suicide it's their life their choice and I will not restrict my behavior because of someone else's choice and I certainly will not allow anyone else to

Nobody is saying people kill themselves because of guns. People only more effectively kill themselves because of guns, done with your strawman.
So what?

If someone wants to kill themselves it's none of your business
The guns and suicide argument is a red herring

Suicide is not a crime it's a ch0ice and who are you to tell anyone they have to live if they don't want to?

Sure, suicide is awesome according to you. Too bad many people who off themselves do it on impulse and put very little thought into it. I'd prefer they get help in most cases, you on the other hand don't give a shit about them because you're too busy twisting up in a ball defending a gun fetish ideology.

It's OK to believe in 2nd amendment rights and realize that guns kill people suffering from depression.

Interesting.
Guns are used in 5.6% of all suicide attempts.
Yep, but they make up for than half of all suicides.
Probably because the people who use them are serious about success.
Absent guns, people who are serious about success will find another way.
Good luck proving that.
:lol:
Don't like the premise, eh?

What premise?

Why do people in gun states have higher suicide rates than those states with less guns? I already posted numbers, non-gun suicides were about equal but gun suicides put the gun states over the top by more thank 6k. Are you trying to say that lax gun law states are more serious about suicide?

If you have a point to make, provide something other than bullshit.

List the states…..I believe most of them are very lonely places to live…..the desire to commit suicide is related to psychology, not method…that is why Japan, which is a very wealthy place, has such a high suicide rate…their society creates the desire……and they don't use guns to do it….

So please, list the states….

And there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

I have no need of your idiotic fingerprint scan guns my 3 decades expereince handling firearms has proven that and quite frankly you have no right to tell me otherwise

Standing naked in a thunderstorm would be very uncomfortable.

I'm not telling you that you need one. I'm telling you that you would be just as safe with one, probably safer. I'm telling you that you don't need to be so scared.

Not scared, prepared

But I don't expect you to understand the difference

I wouldn't understand, I'm not paranoid and scared.

I own ten myself...

Bullshit. You don't own a single one. Gun owners can tell the difference between gun owners and those who claim to own them. And the only gun you would ever own is the one in the video game you play..

Here is a list of how succesful different types of suicdes are

Lethality of Suicide Method
Fatal Nonfatal Total % Fatal
Firearm fatal: 16,869 non fatal: 2,980 total attempts: 19,849 % successful: 85%
Suffocation fatal: 6,198 non fatal: 2,761 total attempts:8,959 % successful: 69%
Poisoning/overdose fatal: 5,191 non fatal: 215,814 total attempts: 221,005 % successful: 2%
Fall fatal: 651 non fatal: 1434 total attempts: 2,085 % successful: 31%
Cut/pierce fatal: 458 non-fatal: 62,817 total attempts: 63,275 % successful: 1%
Other fatal: 1,109 non fatal: 35,089 total attempts: 36,198 % successful: 3%
Unspecified fatal: 146 non fatal: 2097 total attempts: 2,243% successful: 7%

Total fatal: 30,622 non-fatal: 322,991 total attempts: 353,613 % successful:9%

Data is from 2001. And shows that successful gun suicides make up over 55% of all suicides yet only makes up less than 6% of all suicide attempts. Because guns make the attempt permanent and other forms of suicide attempts usually fail.

The above data also demonstrates that people don't usually end up choosing guns only after exhausting other methods as gun attempts do not come close to equaling other failed types of failed attempts.

Bullet Trains, tall buildings, bridges, home chemicals, and rope….100% effective in Japan, China and South Korea…they use them to kill themselves at 2x our rate.

Right, I would guess those types of suicide are covered in the "other" category and are less lethal than guns. Try again.
Right, I would guess those types of suicide are covered in the "other" category and are less lethal than guns. Try again

Not in Japan, China or South Korea, Poland, Hungary or Scandinavia……..they are the most lethal method they use…since they don't use guns….

The USA has a higher suicide rate than most other countries, but you prefer to cherry pick a couple. Then again, we have no idea what the suicide rate would be in the countries you listed if guns were more prevalent. You're ridiculous. .

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back