What's wrong with smart guns?

Plus if you jump out of a plane there is a 100% chance you need to use a parachute. On any given day there is about a 0% chance you will need to fire your gun.

You never need to fire a gun until you do and when that time comes to you want a dead battery on your fingerprint scanner to be the reason you wound up dead?

I am fine with that. There is basically zero chance you will need to fire a gun. And it is easy to keep the batteries charged. You probably don't forget to load your gun do you?
I don't care of you're fine with it

I'm not and I'm not going to bet my life if it comes to it on a piece of technology that can fail

I have a fingerprint scanner on my computer and routinely have to swipe my finger 2 or 3 times for it to work

There's no way that's acceptable on a firearm

Scanner always works on my phone. You should try to not be so scared and paranoid.

You never had to swipe your finger more than once?

I highly doubt that

Probably have, but it is used a lot.

Guns do not cause suicides

Guns cause suicide about as much as a hammer causes a nail to drive into a 2x4.

Other than that, I have stats and you don't

Lies damn lies and....

Tell me how many of those people who kill themselves with guns in the US wouldn't still commit suicide if there were no guns available?

And besides suicide is not a crime and people have the right to decide whether they live or die so your suicide numbers don't count as far as I'm concerned

Well, if you look at states that have a lot of guns and states that don't you will find that gun suicides are higher while non-gun suicides are relatively even. But, you won't even comment on that.

My guess is that often times suicide is not well thought, more of an impulse and when someone does not attain immediate success (like shooting yourself often will) they give up, maybe get help, get sober, whatever the reasons obviously according to the numbers suicide is less prevalent with less guns.

Correlation and causation are not the same thing

You cannot tell me that people who can't get a gun won't kill themselves anyway

And as I said it's none of my business if a person wants to commit suicide it's their life their choice and I will not restrict my behavior because of someone else's choice and I certainly will not allow anyone else to

Nobody is saying people kill themselves because of guns. People only more effectively kill themselves because of guns, done with your strawman.
So what?

If someone wants to kill themselves it's none of your business
The guns and suicide argument is a red herring

Suicide is not a crime it's a ch0ice and who are you to tell anyone they have to live if they don't want to?

You never need to fire a gun until you do and when that time comes to you want a dead battery on your fingerprint scanner to be the reason you wound up dead?

I am fine with that. There is basically zero chance you will need to fire a gun. And it is easy to keep the batteries charged. You probably don't forget to load your gun do you?

I'm not and I'm not going to bet my life if it comes to it on a piece of technology that can fail

I have a fingerprint scanner on my computer and routinely have to swipe my finger 2 or 3 times for it to work

Scanner always works on my phone. You should try to not be so scared and paranoid.

I highly doubt that

So how may times should I have to swipe my finger over a reader before I can use a gun if my or my wife's life is in danger

3, 4, more?

What if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves ?

Whats wrong with a breathalyzer ignition interlock on every car sold in America. How about a governor that limits speeds to the posted speed limit. Or a kill switch to disable your vehicle when the police want to stop you.

If you want a smart gun...by all means, get one. I follow the KISS method...keep it simple stupid. A firearm is something that...when you need it...you need it to work properly immediately. The simpler it is, the higher the probability that it will do just that.

The claim is that 99.9999% of the time the gun isn't even fired. If that pro gun claim is correct you are safe with a toy gun that looks real.
There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.

Whats wrong with a breathalyzer ignition interlock on every car sold in America. How about a governor that limits speeds to the posted speed limit. Or a kill switch to disable your vehicle when the police want to stop you.

If you want a smart gun...by all means, get one. I follow the KISS method...keep it simple stupid. A firearm is something that...when you need it...you need it to work properly immediately. The simpler it is, the higher the probability that it will do just that.

The claim is that 99.9999% of the time the gun isn't even fired. If that pro gun claim is correct you are safe with a toy gun that looks real.
There you go! All you "good guys with guns" buy a realistic toy gun and keep it on you at all times. You'll feel safer, look tough, and who will know the difference? I'm being snarky here. I would never want children to think all guns are toys.
Only an insane person would 'carry' a fucking toy gun.
Remember what happens when people wave a toy gun at a LEO?

You aren't being snarky, you're being a stupid asshole, there's a difference. I honestly don't give a fuck if owning guns makes liberals pee themselves. Not my problem.

I highly doubt that

So how may times should I have to swipe my finger over a reader before I can use a gun if my or my wife's life is in danger

3, 4, more?

Get the kind where you enter a code then. Stop being so scared. Again the stats show there is about a 0% chance you will ever need to shoot at someone. No reason to spend your life paranoid and scared. I carry no weapon and am not scared.

You aren't being snarky, you're being a stupid asshole, there's a difference. I honestly don't give a fuck if owning guns makes liberals pee themselves. Not my problem.

I think the only ones peeing themselves are the gun nuts every time they hear someone say gun control. Stop being so scared its a safe country.

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

I highly doubt that

3, 4, more?

Get the kind where you enter a code then. Stop being so scared. Again the stats show there is about a 0% chance you will ever need to shoot at someone. No reason to spend your life paranoid and scared. I carry no weapon and am not scared.

And there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

I have no need of your idiotic fingerprint scan guns my 3 decades expereince handling firearms has proven that and quite frankly you have no right to tell me otherwise

I think the only ones peeing themselves are the gun nuts every time they hear someone say gun control. Stop being so scared its a safe country.

Really tell that to the thousands of victims of violent crime every year

Start with the Dr from CT whose wife and kids were raped and burned alive in their own home

Insane? There is a tiny fraction of a percent chance you will ever need to pull out a gun. And about no chance you will ever have to shoot it. Believe it or not most people are unarmed all the time and fine. Don't be so scared...

then what the fuck is the prezbo so worried about stripping gun rights from honest folk

If it is so safe why do you want to ban firearms?

I highly doubt that

3, 4, more?

And there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

I have no need of your idiotic fingerprint scan guns my 3 decades expereince handling firearms has proven that and quite frankly you have no right to tell me otherwise

there's about 0% chance of getting hit by lightning but you don't stand naked in a thunderstorm right?

only if they are offering a sacrifice to the global warming godz

09/28/15

Today, the FBI is releasing the 2014 edition of its annual report Crime in the United States, a statistical compilation of offense, arrest, and police employee data reported voluntarily by law enforcement agencies that participate in the Bureau’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program. This latest report reveals that the estimated number of violent crimes reported by law enforcement to UCR’s Summary Reporting System during 2014 decreased 0.2 percent when compared with 2013 data. And the estimated number of property crimes decreased 4.3 percent from 2013 levels.

Here are some highlights from Crime in the United States, 2014:

• There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) reported by law enforcement.
  • Aggravated assaults accounted for 63.6 percent of the violent crimes reported, while robberies accounted for 28.0 percent, rape 7.2 percent, and murders 1.2 percent.

You're a liar, like ALL liberals. You aren't safe from yourself, don't fall into the toilet, asshole. We aren't the ones constantly whining, you are!

I highly doubt that

3, 4, more?

Standing naked in a thunderstorm would be very uncomfortable.

I'm not telling you that you need one. I'm telling you that you would be just as safe with one, probably safer. I'm telling you that you don't need to be so scared.

You're a liar, like ALL liberals. You aren't safe from yourself, don't fall into the toilet, asshole. We aren't the ones constantly whining, you are!

Right and you aren't scared to be separated from your guns. That's a good one. Anyone mentions gun control and you run out and buy ten more guns. Now that's being scared.

Forum List

Back