When the Boss Says, 'Don't Tell Your Coworkers How Much You Get Paid'

Every company I have ever worked for had a policy against discussing compensation.... My parents taught me that you don't discuss your pay with anyone other than your significant other.

Every company I have ever worked for had a policy against discussing compensation.... My parents taught me that you don't discuss your pay with anyone other than your significant other.
It's a stupid thing, is it not?
Hardly,its sound advice,your pay is between the employer and employee period.I tell all new hires this and mean it.People are petty,talking about your pay with coworkers always cause problems always,it a good way to get fired.

Hardly,its sound advice,your pay is between the employer and employee period.I tell all new hires this and mean it.People are petty,talking about your pay with coworkers always cause problems always,it a good way to get fired.
Employers don't like employees discussing pay, it might make the employees realize their employer is a dick.

Is there anything more tiresome than some jackass talking about how much money he makes, or, for that matter, doesn't make?

Employers don't like employees discussing pay, it might make the employees realize their employer is a dick.

Well, then get another job...

Is there anything more tiresome than some jackass talking about how much money he makes, or, for that matter, doesn't make?
To you, maybe, but trying to fire employees for discussing their pay is idiotic.

As if this applies to me... I'm just making a point.

I have seen hourly people blubber over 10 cent an hour difference in pay,it causes needless problems.

To you, maybe, but trying to fire employees for discussing their pay is idiotic.

You've obviously never had to manage anything.. if you had, you'd understand. You go on about an employer being a "dick". Well, let me tell you... employees can be dicks a well. I've managed people that were essentially children.. with their constant complaining about everything.

Your opinion,you must have not managed very many people.

As was I.... you don't like your employment situation.. then change it.

I have seen hourly people blubber over 10 cent an hour difference in pay,it causes needless problems.

Yeah.. a whopping $208/annually... you gotta love it.

It's rarely that easy.

You've obviously never had to manage anything.. if you had, you'd understand. You go on about an employer being a "dick". Well, let me tell you... employees can be dicks a well. I've managed people that were essentially children.. with their constant complaining about everything.
Employees should complain, MUH FREE SPEECH

It's rarely that easy.

Who says everything has to be easy? Success requires a fair amount of hard work.. there's no way around it. The "Easy" button only exists on TV.

It's rarely that easy.

Who says everything has to be easy? Success requires a fair amount of hard work.. there's no way around it. The "Easy" button only exists on TV.
We have the capacity for everyone to live easy lives, I don't buy into the narrative of "hard work" billions work hard and will never get close to being a capitalist, which is the way most people define success..

Employees should complain, MUH FREE SPEECH

Yeah, that;s the ticket.... bitch bitch bitch. Be prepared to spend your life in constant need of a job.

It's rarely that easy.

We have the capacity for everyone to live easy lives, I don't buy into the narrative of "hard work" billions work hard and will never get close to being a capitalist, which is the way most people define success..

How old are you?

Forum List

Back