When Trump asks for more border funding tonight......will Americans trust what he says?

I have seen many Presidents appeal to the American people on important issues. Reagan was a master at facing the camera and taking his case directly to the people

Trump is doing it tonight.

Will an American public, accustomed to his constant lies buy in to what he is telling them or will they think it is just Trump being Trump?
I think the better question is "Should they fact check in real time?"

My feeling is yes, but I suspect that's just wishful thinking.
Lube up boys. Tonight's going to be special! :)
So youre going to be stroking yourself as you watch Drumpf? TMI

I have seen many Presidents appeal to the American people on important issues. Reagan was a master at facing the camera and taking his case directly to the people

Will an American public, accustomed to his constant lies buy in to what he is telling them or will they think it is just Trump being Trump?

People who support him will buy in to what he says. People who don't, won't. It's that simple.

Case and point, you've already made up your mind.
I pretty much agree. His support is somewhere between 44 and 41%, and that won't change. BUT I think he's going to claim an emergency and then raid the defense budget for construction funds. He's not trying to change minds.

And that might work for him shortterm, and shortterm is all he cares about. People may say "whatever, just send us our refunds and get the airport screeners back to work."

I would argue the opposite, I would ague that Trump is one of but a very people in DC who look for long term solutions. That you don't like his solutions should not preclude you from seeing this.

Take the wall, for example. Previous administrations have been for the short term. "hey let's vote yes on the "wall" getting the kudos from Americans who are rightfully concerned about our unsecure border while at the same time not funding it that way we don't have to be the bad guys to anyone, and future generations can worry about the consequences of our choices"

On the flip side Trump is saying "short term I'm willing to be the bad guy in order to get a long term solution that every person in America fundamentally knows we need to solve"

The pity is that we are basically a nation of children now who can't even say "I disagree with his proposed solution, but hey I recognize that he is doing what he believes is best, and that's what he was elected to do" and that goes for Republicans when Obama was President as well.

This tit for tat bullshit of opposing everything simply because the other guy supports it has to stop.
Are you stupid or just not paying attention?

Trump Reportedly Shrugs Off Potential Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Happens

I think the better question is "Should they fact check in real time?"

My feeling is yes, but I suspect that's just wishful thinking.
Lube up boys. Tonight's going to be special! :)
So youre going to be stroking yourself as you watch Drumpf? TMI
Just lube up extra tonight, as you should have Nov. 8, 2016.

People who support him will buy in to what he says. People who don't, won't. It's that simple.

Correct, and just as Nancy Pelosi told the head of DHS that she didn't care about her facts and just as Representative Guitterez walked out of the room when he was presented with facts, Democrats around the country will ignore any facts when it comes to this or any other subject.

I hope Trump declares a national emergency has the military build the damn fence that Congress has voted yes on TWICE in the last 15 years and tells the courts to go to hell when they stupidly say Trump can't do what the law allows. It's time to simply start ignoring Democrats. I mean do you consult with your children about adult matters?

Democrats refuse to accept alternative facts regardless of how many times republicans present them

FIrst, both parties lie plenty

Second , it's obvious that you are a Republican parodying a Democrat, kudos

Third, of course anyone can look the figures concerning illegal immigration across the border and the associated costs up for themselves and simply see if DHS is lying or not.
WRONG

Trying to say everyone does it does not justify the sheer magnitude and volume of Trumps lies

To the point where any facts he presents are presumed to be lies

This is just stupid.

Trump, like AOC, is simply fact checked more than the usual politicians.

They all lie, I work in the Pentagon and deal with these people on a daily basis. THey are ALL liars. I've even said on multiple occasions that yes Trump lies too, but in the case of the situation on our southern border, it is the Democrats who are lying to the American people .

That you are incapable of admitting such tells me that this conversation between us is concluded.

Some will, some won't.

If they write him a great speech and he sticks to it word for word and does not ad lib AT ALL...he has a chance to convince more people (like he did that night in Congress in 2017).
If they write him a less-than-great speech and/or he goes off copy to any reasonable extent...his base will believe him and virtually no one else.

That is how I see it.

I pretty much agree. His support is somewhere between 44 and 41%, and that won't change. BUT I think he's going to claim an emergency and then raid the defense budget for construction funds. He's not trying to change minds.

And that might work for him shortterm, and shortterm is all he cares about. People may say "whatever, just send us our refunds and get the airport screeners back to work."

I would argue the opposite, I would ague that Trump is one of but a very people in DC who look for long term solutions. That you don't like his solutions should not preclude you from seeing this.

Take the wall, for example. Previous administrations have been for the short term. "hey let's vote yes on the "wall" getting the kudos from Americans who are rightfully concerned about our unsecure border while at the same time not funding it that way we don't have to be the bad guys to anyone, and future generations can worry about the consequences of our choices"

On the flip side Trump is saying "short term I'm willing to be the bad guy in order to get a long term solution that every person in America fundamentally knows we need to solve"

The pity is that we are basically a nation of children now who can't even say "I disagree with his proposed solution, but hey I recognize that he is doing what he believes is best, and that's what he was elected to do" and that goes for Republicans when Obama was President as well.

This tit for tat bullshit of opposing everything simply because the other guy supports it has to stop.
Are you stupid or just not paying attention?

Trump Reportedly Shrugs Off Potential Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Happens

LOL the very article you cited says "reportedly" that you want to believe it doesn't make it fact

And the fact of the matter is I don't believe Trump cares about the US debt, which makes him exactly normal for a politician in that regard as well.

Pres.Trump hasn't lied to the American people while in office.

So there is no reason to think he will lie tonight or any other night. ... :cool:

Trump is in real estate. After he leaves office, he will take the Data Base that he has you in and contact you about selling you the Brookland Bridge, Prop Wash, Recycled Natural Cow Gas and many more REALLY, REALLY BIG and I mean BIGGLY deals.

Drumpf has zero credibility. He could tell me water is wet when you touch it or the sky is blue on a sunny day and I wouldnt believe him.
He said tax cut and we got it. Don't let your bias affect something that may benefit you.

If the Dems speak afterwards they can show the country what the repubs are doing to keep the government shutdown. These fuckers should be flogged for the games they are playing. I found out that the Dems have made spending bills that dont include the fence in order to get the government back running. Repubs wont even vote on it. Cant vote on it because Mitch wont allow it to come to a vote. Why dont the repubs pass the bills to reopen the government and then work on the fence bill separately?

------------------------------------------- whats to believe except for a persons own Eyes and Ears as a person reads and watches as diseased third worlders flood the USA Southern border and then invade the USA . President Trumps speech may point out the diseased invaders and most reasonable Americans will acknowledge the Truth of the President words RWinger .

Trump is in real estate. After he leaves office, he will take the Data Base that he has you in and contact you about selling you the Brookland Bridge, Prop Wash, Recycled Natural Cow Gas and many more REALLY, REALLY BIG and I mean BIGGLY deals.
That would be wonderful!! ... :thup:

Real Americans will believe him.
Real americans appear to be too scared to live in a free and open society.
The Housing Bubble was free and open and the resulting crash wasn’t too pretty.

I have no intention of paying any attention to anything Don says, why would anyone? Nothing he says means anything.
Netflix RULES.

I picked up a ROKU stick, currently watching all 3 seasons of Disneys Zorro.

Brings back memories

(Currently viewing the Postponed Wedding, with Annette Funicello)

Most undocumented immigrants don’t “sneak” across the border.

The majority of immigrants in the USA without authorization first entered the country legally, and then overstayed their visas. The Center for Migration Studies said in a 2017 report that crossing the border is not the way “the large majority of persons now becoming undocumented.” It reported that two-thirds of undocumented immigrants entered the U.S. legally and then simply overstayed their visas.

That's nice

find then, send them home

Ill buy what he says when Pigs and Huckabee fly

Trump is a only going to repeat the same lies he's been using all along.

Trump, as usual
Is willing to lie if it gets him what he wants

Trump, as usual
Is willing to lie if it gets him what he wants

just like pretty much everyone else in Washington -

Q: Is it accurate that “18 children died while in custody of Border Patrol” during the Obama administration?

A: No. Prior to two children’s deaths in December, it had been more than a decade since a child died while in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Forum List

Back