Where did this guy get the idea it was okay to go into a girls restroom stall?

PHOENIX – Police say a man who tried to enter a teenage girl’s bathroom stall was confronted and killed by the girl’s father, KNXV reports.

According to Phoenix police, around 11:30 p.m. on August 2, 40-year-old Melvin Harris went to the QuikTrip near Dunlap and 19th avenues to pick up his teenage daughter and her friends.

A man, who would later become the victim, approached Harris’ car in the parking lot and asked for money. Harris gave him some money, and the man went into the QT.

Harris was later informed that a man tried to enter the bathroom stall his daughter was using. The teen told an employee, who in turn alerted an on-duty security guard.

Man who followed teen into restroom is beaten to death by girl’s father, police say

If you don't read the story, the ending is not very good. The father met the guy outside and beat him severely eventually causing his death. Now the protective father is facing second degree murder charges.

So question one: what gave this guy the idea it was okay to go into a girls restroom and even her stall?

Question two: would that have been okay had he been wearing a dress?

Question three: Assuming the charges will lead to a conviction, would a jury have more compassion for the intruder if he was wearing a dress?

I think we set a very negative precedent here during the last administration.
I have used the womens bathroom in public places when the mens door is locked. You knock first and tell the women you are coming in as the mens room is full and you really need to go. Then ask a person in the restroom which stall is empty and use it.

Clerks would have given a male the boys room key and vice versa before. Now they can ask for either.
PHOENIX – Police say a man who tried to enter a teenage girl’s bathroom stall was confronted and killed by the girl’s father, KNXV reports.

According to Phoenix police, around 11:30 p.m. on August 2, 40-year-old Melvin Harris went to the QuikTrip near Dunlap and 19th avenues to pick up his teenage daughter and her friends.

A man, who would later become the victim, approached Harris’ car in the parking lot and asked for money. Harris gave him some money, and the man went into the QT.

Harris was later informed that a man tried to enter the bathroom stall his daughter was using. The teen told an employee, who in turn alerted an on-duty security guard.

Man who followed teen into restroom is beaten to death by girl’s father, police say

If you don't read the story, the ending is not very good. The father met the guy outside and beat him severely eventually causing his death. Now the protective father is facing second degree murder charges.

So question one: what gave this guy the idea it was okay to go into a girls restroom and even her stall?

Question three: Assuming the charges will lead to a conviction, would a jury have more compassion for the intruder if he was wearing a dress?

So, let's be clear:

Violent sexual criminals, i.e. felons who may face life in prison, have, up until now, been held at bay by the fear of getting written a ticket for entering the women's bathroom.

It makes perfect sense, if you lobotomize yourself. Twice.

No, I think people "before" would have been arrested. Now it seems that men are getting the idea that it's acceptable to enter a woman's facilities. I may be wrong, but unit this whole cross-dressing thing became an issue with the last administration, I don't recall a story like this. Men just went to men's rooms and women the same. Men understood that it could be trouble if they did enter a female restroom.

Quik Trip doesn't lock its restrooms.

That's my experience too, and it also doesn't necessarily designate male and female restrooms as the OP here weasel-wordedly tried to suggest.

I have used the womens bathroom in public places when the mens door is locked. You knock first and tell the women you are coming in as the mens room is full and you really need to go. Then ask a person in the restroom which stall is empty and use it.

There's no indication that a male walked into a 'ladies' room' designated as such even in the originating KNXV-TV story.

Obviously the OP is using a dead body to sell his crackpot agenda obsession. Which is typical for him.
I guess RayRay's taking over the tranny obsession from NovaSteve.

I support this guy. The democrats create this issue. They will defend anything that immoral and it's gonna get people killed like in this instance.
"The democrats create this issue".....you mean there was no hetero males assaulting girls/women in restrooms before hand?

Of course not, it never happened, well except for the millions of times that it did. But it wasn’t done in the bathroom, except when it was millions of times. Um. It’s Obama’s fault it happened in the bathrooms during the 1980’s. 1970’s, and so on.

Wow, whole lot of information missing from this story. Good to know people will still jump to conclusions with nothing to go one.

Was he mentally challenged?
Was he a registered sex offender?
Ect
Ect

But hey, fuck critical and logical thinking. Lets just turn this into a circle jerk about hating transgendered people.

This isn't about hatred of anybody. What it's about is men feeling comfortable about going into women's facilities which yes, was caused by leftists promoting the idea on behalf of cross-dressers.

Well, to be fair, I think this asshole was just a predator who saw a girl go into a restroom and figured he could get away with molesting her while no one was watching.

What I want to know is, what the fuck was the security guard doing? According to the reports, he told the father he would "handle it", but doesn't appear to have actually DONE anything.

I support this guy. The democrats create this issue. They will defend anything that immoral and it's gonna get people killed like in this instance.
"The democrats create this issue".....you mean there was no hetero males assaulting girls/women in restrooms before hand?

Of course not, it never happened, well except for the millions of times that it did. But it wasn’t done in the bathroom, except when it was millions of times. Um. It’s Obama’s fault it happened in the bathrooms during the 1980’s. 1970’s, and so on.
You guys are retarded. so why did we have separate restrooms to begin with?

Wow, whole lot of information missing from this story. Good to know people will still jump to conclusions with nothing to go one.

Ect
Ect

But hey, fuck critical and logical thinking. Lets just turn this into a circle jerk about hating transgendered people.

Yeah you notice they're willing to just run with some allegation on a scene none of them saw. OP doesn't even know what a QuickTrip is. For all we know the man wasn't even aware somebody was in there. I wouldn't jump to conclusions like that without knowing some facts but that doesn't stop the touchy-feely types who just want the rush and facts be damned.

Yeah, but he knew it wasn't the men's room.

No, I think people "before" would have been arrested. Now it seems that men are getting the idea that it's acceptable to enter a woman's facilities. I may be wrong, but unit this whole cross-dressing thing became an issue with the last administration, I don't recall a story like this. Men just went to men's rooms and women the same. Men understood that it could be trouble if they did enter a female restroom.
Previously any women who came across a male in the woman's restroom could automatically deem him a threat simply because he's not supposed to be there in the same way a woman coming across an intruder in her home can in many instances automatically view the intruder as a threat because they are not supposed to be there.

The situation now introduces enough ambiguity (or hesitation) because even though a woman's instinct may be screaming at her "THREAT, THREAT, THREAT" precious seconds can be lost while trying to determine if the male is actually a threat and those with nefarious intent know this and can use it to gain an advantage and game our legal system.

Just my opinion....
If a dude chases my daughter into a stall... well lights out for him.

I suspect Harris is being charged with 2nd-degree murder because he attacked Armstrong after he left the store AND after complaining to the security guard, which moves it from defending and protecting his daughter to more of a anger and revenge scenario.

Ok this man was Black, so is he getting such a charge because he is black?
Ok this man was Black, so is he getting such a charge because he is black?

That I'm not sure of. I don't know if the picture in the report was the guy who went to the restroom or the father.

Melvin Harris is Black. His victim, Leon Armstrong, is also Black. Here are their pictures:

PD: Phoenix father fatally beats man who tried to enter daughter's bathroom stall
"Victim" doesn't seem the right word, somehow. Even if the beating were excessive, the guy brought it on himself by his actions. I think a jury would find it not unusual for a man to be extremely upset in such a circumstance and defensive of his daughter.
Extremely upset, yes.
Beat the man/whatever to death?
Absolutely NOT.
FFS people!!! :shok:

Ect
Ect

This isn't about hatred of anybody. What it's about is men feeling comfortable about going into women's facilities which yes, was caused by leftists promoting the idea on behalf of cross-dressers.

Well, to be fair, I think this asshole was just a predator who saw a girl go into a restroom and figured he could get away with molesting her while no one was watching.

What I want to know is, what the fuck was the security guard doing? According to the reports, he told the father he would "handle it", but doesn't appear to have actually DONE anything.

Apparently he doesn't appear to have done anything that would warrant a news story. Why after all would we be hearing about a routine expulsion from the store?

The only reason we have what we have is that a person died. Had he not been injured enough to die we wouldn't even have that. But to assume "nothing is mentioned in this news story, therefore nothing exists" is ass-suming a negative without evidence.

You guys are retarded. so why did we have separate restrooms to begin with?
So conservtives would not have to subjected to women seeing their ityy bitty peckers.

Good for the father. One less pervert predator

Bingo, the left loves criminals.......they'll make the dead guy into a saint

The left loves criminals ? You are cheering a guy acused of murder!
Interesting to see you would not take up for your daughter....

Fuck that dead guy. I have long said child predators should be castrated upon conviction.

Truth be told they all deserve to be murdered.

Like most of these hack stories , there are few details .

All it said is that he tried to open the stall. Could’ve been a simple mistake of thinking it was empty .

Well read the story

Harris’ daughter came out of the store and told her father that a man tried to enter her bathroom stall by violently shaking the door, police said. She said she told the employees who alerted the security guard.

Most people if it's locked they tug and move on......that's not what happened......you really need to learn to read.

All QTs I've ever been in use exactly the same bathroom stalls (seriously, their bathrooms all look exactly alike). They're good quality, don't have a lot of gap around the door, and the doors open inward. That means you don't have to tug or jiggle or anything to find out if it's locked; you just give the door a light push with your hand. If it's locked, it doesn't budge at all. Occupant usually doesn't even know you did it.

Tell y'all what: The QT on Dunlap and 19th Avenue is actually not very far from where I live. If you guys want, I'll be happy to go by there and snap some pics with my phone, so you can get a better feel for what happened and where.

Good for the father. One less pervert predator

Bingo, the left loves criminals.......they'll make the dead guy into a saint

The left loves criminals ? You are cheering a guy acused of murder!
Interesting to see you would not take up for your daughter....

Fuck that dead guy. I have long said child predators should be castrated upon conviction.

Truth be told they all deserve to be murdered.
Bingo, but I would say killed, murder is a negative connotation, killing a rapist is a justified homicide

Rapist!? All we know is that he tried to open the stall door . Have you ever pulled on a stall door only to find if was locked ?

You don't pull on stall doors at QT. They open inward. And I don't remember for sure, but I don't think they have any handle on the outside, so to shake them, you have to grasp the upper edge of the door. Why in the fuck would anyone do that, ever, without bad intent?

Clerks would have given a male the boys room key and vice versa before. Now they can ask for either.

So, let's be clear:

Violent sexual criminals, i.e. felons who may face life in prison, have, up until now, been held at bay by the fear of getting written a ticket for entering the women's bathroom.

That's my experience too, and it also doesn't necessarily designate male and female restrooms as the OP here weasel-wordedly tried to suggest.

There's no indication that a male walked into a 'ladies' room' designated as such even in the originating KNXV-TV story.

Obviously the OP is using a dead body to sell his crackpot agenda obsession. Which is typical for him.

Okay, I have never been in a QT that did not have the bathrooms clearly marked. And if I remember correctly, THAT particular QT has its restrooms on opposite sides of the store from each other.

So, let's be clear:

Okay, I have never been in a QT that did not have the bathrooms clearly marked. And if I remember correctly, THAT particular QT has its restrooms on opposite sides of the store from each other.

And that may indeed be the case here, and you're in a position to find out. But the OP isn't, had zero information leading to his obsessions, and ran with it anyway, so my commentary is about his (the OP's) motivations in desperately trying to make this some kind of "tranny" story.

Much more on the way, kids.
thefutureisgen-2.jpg

The matter was investigated and the subject (the killer) has been arrested. The facts seems to suggest the victim (the deceased) was intent on molesting a teenage girl. Which is evil, but not a capital crime.

Those with an open mind, taking into the fact that the victim panhandled money, and then went into the girls restroom, may have been drunk or impaired by drugs, and made a mistake, or may have the intent the killer surmised. In any event, that decision should have been left to a trier of facts, a judge or a jury.

This happened in deep red Arizona . How is this the libs fault ?

Phoenix deep red?

It's a toss up who is more ignorant of the USA you or Rderp.

Now it seems that men are getting the idea that it's acceptable to enter a woman's facilities
No it doesn't. You just made that up.

I didn't make it up. It's called Reasonable Assumption.

The term reasonable is a generic and relative one and applies to that which is appropriate for a particular situation. In the law of Negligence, the reasonable person standard is the standard of care that a reasonably prudent person would observe under a given set of circumstances.

This will be decided by the trier of facts, a judge or a jury who hear the evidence and determine if the killer acted reasonably.

Forum List

Back