🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Where do you draw the line?

It has become a fad thing, i.e. DRAG BRUNCHES where drag queens strut their stuff to entertain diners, often when young children are present. And it isn't always just guys dancing in dresses and having harmless fun but lifting their skirts to flaunt underwear, rubbing their crotches to draw attention there, have a grand old time, but sometimes quite vulgar and inappropriate for kids.

So then the PROUD BOYS armed to the teeth--something I would NEVER condone or approve of--show up to picket a Roanoke restaurant featuring a 'drag brunch' that might or might not have included the more vulgar behavior, and ANTIFA who IMO has never been on the right side of any issue or conducted themselves appropriately show up as an 'anti-fascist' protests against the Proud Boys. Apparently it was mostly disruptive behavior but could easily have turned deadly.

YouTube seems to have the more objectionable stuff blocked, but Twitter people post many phone videos at drag shows showing the inappropriate behavior including one drag queen who encouraged a young girl to run her hand down the front of his silky skin tight pants.

I had to wonder. What parent thinks this is okay? What are they thinking?

I don't know if those who don't have Twitter accounts can view this but. . .

Plano TX

Chattanooga TN

Should cities be able to pass ordinances against this sort of thing or do you think it's okay for kids? Groups like Proud Boys and ANTIFA are obviously not going to handle it in any kind of helpful manner, but how should it be handled?

It's disgusting when young children are victims of this.

Why must there be a ‘line’ – clearly the neo-fascist right would like the government to start mandating that gay and transgender Americans wear pink triangles so they can be easily identified and ‘controlled.’

The neo-fascist authoritarian right’s unwarranted fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty is the true threat, not gay and transgender Americans.

No, but if you mess with the kids, bad things are gonna happen to you.

I'll draw the line at pedophilia

which is exactly what these fools are up to

were my ol lady and I to do an entire sexually suggestive scantily clad 'dirty dancing' skit in front of children, we'd be hauled off in cuffs

~S~
Interesting contrast between those on the right and those on the left huh. :)

Honestly, you would think even those on the left would find that objectionable. I guess not.

I just really can't wrap my head around this stuff. I just can't comprehend how any parent would want to expose their children to drag queens as if this was normal and acceptable behavior. I mean, this is just woke beyond all imagination.
I wouldn't have much problem if it was just dancing to clean lyrics and having fun. Growing up and when our kids were still in school, there were always church skits or whatever when the dads would put on women's dresses and hats and do some funny song and it was hilarious. A drag show for kids should be little different from that if there is going to be one at all.

The law as is the case with all hyper sexual content should make it for adults only.
1) Define “hyper sexual content”.

2) Kids have access to what many would consider “hyper sexual content“ on their devices. How does this new law get enforced to prevent that?

At the very least it should be so socially acceptable no honorable person would ever allow their kids to be part of it.
People are going to do what they want, whether we like it or not, as long as it is legal.

Complaining that society should be a certain way kind of just looks like complaining. While we’re at it, let’s complain that people are rude to their waitresses, that people block aisles in the grocery store, that people don’t teach their children manners, and that people park too close to the lines. No honorable people do those things. I shake my angry fist at them.

1) Define “hyper sexual content”.

2) Kids have access to what many would consider “hyper sexual content“ on their devices. How does this new law get enforced to prevent that?
Good parents prevent that. Almost all devices have parental controls including our television sets.

People are going to do what they want, whether we like it or not, as long as it is legal.

Complaining that society should be a certain way kind of just looks like complaining. While we’re at it, let’s complain that people are rude to their waitresses, that people block aisles in the grocery store, that people don’t teach their children manners, and that people park too close to the lines. No honorable people do those things. I shake my angry fist at them.
It is your constitutional right and probably legal in most places to take your young children to those kinds of shows.

It is my constitutional right and quite legal in every place for me to believe you are very wrong and do harm to your child when you do that. My hope is that the very large majority of society will agree with me to the point that you won't do it even though you think it's okay.

Good parents prevent that. Almost all devices have parental controls including our television sets.
“Good parenting“ isn’t a requirement and most infractions aren’t illegal. What do you suggest we do about that?

It is your constitutional right and probably legal in most places to take your young children to those kinds of shows.

It is my constitutional right and quite legal in every place for me to believe you are very wrong and do harm to your child when you do that. My hope is that the very large majority of society will agree with me to the point that you won't do it even though you think it's okay.
Correct.

People are going to do what they want and you’re welcome to complain about it.

And that’s the extent of it. It isn’t going anywhere past that.

“Good parenting“ isn’t a requirement and most infractions aren’t illegal. What do you suggest we do about that?
I try to get it right as much as possible, I teach, I lobby, I protest, I promote what I believe are values that are good for everybody and that edify and help people and strengthen communities. I don't try to pretend that the stuff in the OP is okay or try to make it into something that it is not.

Correct.

People are going to do what they want and you’re welcome to complain about it.

And that’s the extent of it. It isn’t going anywhere past that.
There is no truer statement than "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" and I would add: . . .for good people to say there is nothing that can be done.

I try to get it right as much as possible, I teach, I lobby, I protest, I promote what I believe are values that are good for everybody and that edify and help people and strengthen communities. I don't try to pretend that the stuff in the OP is okay or try to make it into something that it is not.
That’s cool. Other people don’t though.

It’s kind of up to them what they do.

There is no truer statement than "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" and I would add: . . .for good people to say there is nothing that can be done.
If you can explain to me what can/should be done about it, let me know. Better yet, go do it.

If you like, I can find you a quote that says whining isn’t helpful.

Drag Queen shows should be for adults who want to see them. I’d walk out of any restaurant that suddenly had drag queens prancing around showing their underwear while I’m eating. Totally gross.

Forum List

Back