Where do you draw the line?

Why must there be a ‘line’ – clearly the neo-fascist right would like the government to start mandating that gay and transgender Americans wear pink triangles so they can be easily identified and ‘controlled.’

The neo-fascist authoritarian right’s unwarranted fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty is the true threat, not gay and transgender Americans.

It has become a fad thing, i.e. DRAG BRUNCHES where drag queens strut their stuff to entertain diners, often when young children are present. And it isn't always just guys dancing in dresses and having harmless fun but lifting their skirts to flaunt underwear, rubbing their crotches to draw attention there, have a grand old time, but sometimes quite vulgar and inappropriate for kids.

So then the PROUD BOYS armed to the teeth--something I would NEVER condone or approve of--show up to picket a Roanoke restaurant featuring a 'drag brunch' that might or might not have included the more vulgar behavior, and ANTIFA who IMO has never been on the right side of any issue or conducted themselves appropriately show up as an 'anti-fascist' protests against the Proud Boys. Apparently it was mostly disruptive behavior but could easily have turned deadly.

YouTube seems to have the more objectionable stuff blocked, but Twitter people post many phone videos at drag shows showing the inappropriate behavior including one drag queen who encouraged a young girl to run her hand down the front of his silky skin tight pants.

I had to wonder. What parent thinks this is okay? What are they thinking?

I don't know if those who don't have Twitter accounts can view this but. . .

Plano TX

Chattanooga TN

Should cities be able to pass ordinances against this sort of thing or do you think it's okay for kids? Groups like Proud Boys and ANTIFA are obviously not going to handle it in any kind of helpful manner, but how should it be handled?

There's only one Roanoke....has a railroad named after it. It aint in the queerz and steerz non southern state

It has become a fad thing, i.e. DRAG BRUNCHES where drag queens strut their stuff to entertain diners, often when young children are present. And it isn't always just guys dancing in dresses and having harmless fun but lifting their skirts to flaunt underwear, rubbing their crotches to draw attention there, have a grand old time, but sometimes quite vulgar and inappropriate for kids.

So then the PROUD BOYS armed to the teeth--something I would NEVER condone or approve of--show up to picket a Roanoke restaurant featuring a 'drag brunch' that might or might not have included the more vulgar behavior, and ANTIFA who IMO has never been on the right side of any issue or conducted themselves appropriately show up as an 'anti-fascist' protests against the Proud Boys. Apparently it was mostly disruptive behavior but could easily have turned deadly.

YouTube seems to have the more objectionable stuff blocked, but Twitter people post many phone videos at drag shows showing the inappropriate behavior including one drag queen who encouraged a young girl to run her hand down the front of his silky skin tight pants.

Plano TX

Chattanooga TN

Should cities be able to pass ordinances against this sort of thing or do you think it's okay for kids? Groups like Proud Boys and ANTIFA are obviously not going to handle it in any kind of helpful manner, but how should it be handled?

We let the cat out of the bag about a hundred years ago when we started allowing public sexual expression and it has grown and grown. I serious doubt that we will be able to put that cat back in the bag.

Plano TX

Chattanooga TN

Arizona GOP candidate who criticized drag was once a fan, drag queen says

Arizona GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, who has attacked drag queens as dangerous to children, attended the shows of drag queen Richard Stevens for more than 20 years and once hired him to perform at her home, according to Stevens.

Stevens, who said he has performed across the country for 25 years as Barbra Seville, accused the Trump-endorsed Lake of being a “complete hypocrite.”

“I’ve performed for Kari’s birthday, I’ve performed in her home (with children present,) and I’ve performed for her at some of the seediest bars in Phoenix,” Stevens wrote on Facebook.

Wait a minute.....this article is FAKE NEWS!! we know it's fake news because it says those lefty antifa people were carrying AR15 rifles, and as we all know, dems are TOTALLY against the AR15, as well as open carrying firearms.

If this were a true story, then please explain, why were there leftys there carrying guns? There is no reason for them to be carrying guns. Would a lefty Please explain!!??

No kids were present but I have seen a couple of drag queen shows that were just fun. Not vulgar or suggestive, but just fun. But that isn't the case in those videos. To me, when kids are present, that crosses a line that should NEVER be acceptable in our society. But apparently the kids in those videos were there when their parents were present. I just can't imagine. . .

Did you see where that one little girl was rubbing that freak? And the freak didn't even try to stop her.

You are relatively new to USMB so I though I might mention one of the rules:
No Direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member,
Personally, I don't care what you say because I'm putting you on ignore. Maybe other members find you entertaining but I do not.
Well, the dummy can't read, so...

Thread re-opened after clean up of off topic, responses to off topic, and threats of violence.
Stay on topic avoid responding to off topic. Threats will not be tolerate.

Last edited:
We let the cat out of the bag about a hundred years ago when we started allowing public sexual expression and it has grown and grown. I serious doubt that we will be able to put that cat back in the bag.
But shouldn't we try? We as a society long ago decided that adult bookstores and strip clubs and bars shouldn't be located across the street or next door or even anywhere in the proximity of schools but at the same time are not outright banned because a certain segment of society enjoys that sort of thing. But if movies and games can be rated mature, surely so can those sorts of entertainment?

These things are usually decided via social contract, i.e. the way any given group of people agree to organize themselves and what values, rules, regulations they feel are appropriate to create the sort of society that is best for them. I can't imagine a large majority of people in most communities in America would ever agree that the brunch drag shows for kids are anything that should be allowed.

These things are usually decided via social contract, i.e. the way any given group of people agree to organize themselves and what values, rules, regulations they feel are appropriate to create the sort of society that is best for them. I can't imagine a large majority of people in most communities in America would ever agree that the brunch drag shows for kids are anything that should be allowed.
If it isn’t illegal, then it is allowed.

Are you proposing we make some new laws to make this stuff illegal? What exactly are you suggesting here?

If it isn’t illegal, then it is allowed.

Are you proposing we make some new laws to make this stuff illegal? What exactly are you suggesting here?
I am proposing that society should find that sort of thing for kids to be so immoral and outrageous that it just doesn't happen any more.

Where do you draw the line?
We draw the line at rightwing racism, bigotry, and hate.

We oppose conservatives’ efforts to demonize, vilify, and disadvantage gay and transgender Americans.

We oppose rightwing demagoguery and lies about gay and transgender Americans ‘promoting homosexuality’ and ‘indoctrinating youth.’

And we promote and defend the fundamental American value of diversity and inclusion, and respecting the right of every American to self-determination.

Why must there be a ‘line’ – clearly the neo-fascist right would like the government to start mandating that gay and transgender Americans wear pink triangles so they can be easily identified and ‘controlled.’
Id rather you homos get it tattooed on your forehead.

The neo-fascist authoritarian right’s unwarranted fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty is the true threat, not gay and transgender Americans.
How about not letting a 4year old girl touch your junk?

How about not letting a 4year old girl touch your junk?
And when rightwing bigots engage in hateful rhetoric concerning gay and transgender Americans, it raises concerns that the neo-fascist, authoritarian right will seek to use the power of the state to disadvantage and discriminate against gay and transgender Americans.

We see evidence of this with conservatives’ advocacy of overturning Lawrence and Obergefell allowing the state to criminalize homosexuality and ban same-sex marriage.

This is a lie.

First of all, there oughta be an ordinance in every city and town concerning lewd behavior, and I thought that was the case everywhere.

Just don't stick it in my face, at that point we have a problem.

But if movies and games can be rated mature, surely so can those sorts of entertainment?

We draw the line at rightwing racism, bigotry, and hate.

I'll draw the line at pedophilia

which is exactly what these fools are up to

were my ol lady and I to do an entire sexually suggestive scantily clad 'dirty dancing' skit in front of children, we'd be hauled off in cuffs

~S~

Forum List

Back