Where does the constitution give Congress power to set up national health care?

Unfortunately Chief Justice Hughes said it best:

We are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is, and the judiciary is the safeguard of our liberty and of our property under the Constitution.

You mean someone who is a member of a certain body wanted to arbitrarily declare that they had more power than they actually do? :eek:

At the end of the day, the U.S. Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land and Justice Hughes opinions means shit. It can't even buy you a cup of coffee.

Congress has the power to set up a healthcare plan just like they had the power to set up Social Security and Medicare.

Time to move to the 20th century conservatives (yes 20th century)

Congress does not have that power. Time to start obeying the law for the first time in your uneducated lives liberals.

The year or century does not define our laws - the Constitution does. Welcome to the 18th century libtards. You have a lot of catching up to do.

It's not there and that means they don't have it - the states do. Obamacare is obviously unconstitutional as is 99% of what the feds do. The states need to grow a pair and scream about this.

It doesn't. It does, however, give them the right to tax.

Obamacare is a tax. Of course first, via Obama on natioinal television, it wasn't a tax.

Since it needs to be a tax to be approved by the SC its now a tax.

Congress has the power to set up a healthcare plan just like they had the power to set up Social Security and Medicare.

Congress does not have that power. Time to start obeying the law for the first time in your uneducated lives liberals.

The year or century does not define our laws - the Constitution does. Welcome to the 18th century libtards. You have a lot of catching up to do.

They have always had the power.....it is articulated in Article 1 of The Constitution

If you disagree, those who agree with you are welcome to take the issue up in the courts. Since you have failed repeatedly, it is evident that Congress DOES have the power

It's not there and that means they don't have it - the states do. Obamacare is obviously unconstitutional as is 99% of what the feds do. The states need to grow a pair and scream about this.

you asked and I delivered

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

buuuuuuuuuuut with your lack of intellect you probably won't understand ...right there in black and white for all to see ... I guess you missed it .... AGAIN

Hey asshat, promote the general welfare does not mean provide for the general welfare. The 18 enumerated powers that are the constitutional responsibility of the federal government (such as protecting intellectual property and defense) promotes the general welfare. When you take from one group of people and give to another, you are not doing shit for the "general". You are fucking over one goup for the special interest of another.

Clearly it's you [MENTION=36822]billyerock1991[/MENTION] who lacks intellect as you obviously do not understand what "promote" or "general" means.

I love owning Dumbocrats in a debate....

:dance:

well dick breath yes it does me to provide

promote:
a : to contribute to the growth or prosperity of : further <promote international understanding>
b : to help bring (as an enterprise) into being : launch

by passing the welfare system by passig health care it helps bring (as an enterprise) into being ...

Last edited:
Well, now that would be just speculation then, that these lawsuits have a legitimate claim. The reality isn't what might happen, it is what has happened and what is. Currently, ACA is law, was challenged in the Supreme Court, and was upheld.

You can imagine all you want, but until it actually happens, it is just your imagination.

upheld as a tax

:lol:
any tax bill can originate in the senate the deal is the house has to agree on it are you really this stupid
it was the dumbest decision i've ever read...first the court says the gov cannot force people to buy insurance...then it oddly upholds the law under the powers of taxation...go figure

obama lied and the people got screwed

More importantly - taxes cannot originate in the Senate (they must originate in the House). And Obamacare originated in the Senate. Thus (and ironically), the Supreme Courts ruling that Obamacare is "constitutional" as a "tax" in fact renders it unconstitutional.

any tax bill can originate in the senate ... the deal is the house has to agree on it are you really this stupid

There is no mention of "a right to health insurance"...Of course Dear Leader insists this right exists.
There is nothing in the Constitution that says there needs to be a federal highway system, air traffic controllers, national parks, and the EPA, but they exist in this country. Say, try this:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The above is the Preamble to the Constitution. What do you suppose "promote the general welfare" means?"

The preamble is not something that grants power... it is an introduction or dedication...

AND to PROMOTE the GENERAL welfare does not mean to PROVIDE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS nor to force the purchase of specific products thru government means... and in the general welfare 'clause', it is to provide for the general welfare of the UNITED STATES, AKA the union, not each and every individual.. when the constitution meant the people it said the people.. words were specifically chosen

Cmon folks get with the program it's time we all stopped working more than 29 hours a week. It's time we all just quit working hard and trying to build a better nation. It's time we joined the good for nothing democrats. No family deserves more than 90k a year. No family deserves to decide whether or not they want to buy insurance. No family deserves to defend themselves against criminals. Seriously what are you guys thinking. Just buy the lube, bend over, and beg them to be gentle.

Last edited:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The above is the Preamble to the Constitution. What do you suppose "promote the general welfare" means?"

It doesn't mean anything, you nitwit. You seem to think it means everything!!! If that was the case why does the constitution LIST the powers of congress? THINK

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

buuuuuuuuuuut with your lack of intellect you probably won't understand ...right there in black and white for all to see ... I guess you missed it .... AGAIN

You saying obozocare will promote the general welfare?? Where is your evidence for that.? Most people think it's gonna wreck america. Again i say - show us your evidence.

No - they didn't have the authority to set up SS and medicare. In fact the constitution says they can't do it. States should have defied the feds on both programs.

Unfortunately Chief Justice Hughes said it best:

We are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is, and the judiciary is the safeguard of our liberty and of our property under the Constitution.

Where does the constitution say the judges have the authority to say what the constitution means??? According to the tenth amendment, the states have that authority.

Article. I.

Section. 1.

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Congress has the authority to pass legislation. The Healthcare law was legislation that was legally passed by Congress

Supreme court ruled the ACA constitutional. The same supreme court that ruled that corporations are citizens. Why don't you repub/teabaglibertarians complain about that ruling?

So it's your official position that because the Supreme Court abuses it's power and/or gets a ruling wrong in some cases, it does so in all cases? :cuckoo:

Barack Obama is the most bumbling incompetent buffoon in U.S. history and even he has gotten a couple of things right here and there...

No, just that the posts I read here from the republican/conservative side only criticize programs of democrats. I haven't heard a repub criticize a corporation being a citizen yet which to me is beyond ludicrous. Even if we forget the supreme court, ACA has been passed by the remaining two branches of government. Now your side wants to hold the country hostage because you don't want to play by the rules.

No - they didn't have the authority to set up SS and medicare. In fact the constitution says they can't do it. States should have defied the feds on both programs.

American history has some examples of us not following the constitution, such as only congress having the ability to declare war. Where does it say they don't have the authority to set up SS and medicare? Be specific now. I was specific on the declaring war part.
Without SS and medicare you might have to take care of grandma and grandpa. Are you ready for that? Be careful what you wish for and thank whatever god you pray to for FDR. And also thank your god for LBJ and the dems and repubs that voted in Medicare.

Last edited:
Article. I.

Section. 1.

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Congress has the authority to pass legislation. The Healthcare law was legislation that was legally passed by Congress

Quid pro quo, giving benefits to one state at the expense of other states to get that state to vote democrat, is legal now? Picking and choosing who gets taxed based solely on political party membership is legal now?

Last edited:
Article. I.

Section. 1.

Quid pro quo, giving benefits to one state at the expense of other states to get that state to vote democrat, is legal now? Picking and choosing who gets taxed based solely on political party membership is legal now?

No idea what you are talking about or how it relates to the thread

Where does the constitution give Congress power to set up national health care?

Through the tax ability of congress. That was the decision of the SCOTUS. Be thankful they didn't chuck the hunk of shit under commerce claus. Or Nanny Dems and Repubs would have you buying broccoli or suffer a penalty.

Last edited:

No idea what you are talking about or how it relates to the thread

To pass obama care, votes were purchased with quid pro quo. This is a documented fact.

Democrats around the nation are getting exemptions for Obama Care. This is a documented fact.

Picking and choosing who gets punished with Obama Care and who gets the benefits without paying for Obama Care is going to come back and haunt democraps for decades.

Hey asshat, promote the general welfare does not mean provide for the general welfare. The 18 enumerated powers that are the constitutional responsibility of the federal government (such as protecting intellectual property and defense) promotes the general welfare. When you take from one group of people and give to another, you are not doing shit for the "general". You are fucking over one goup for the special interest of another.

Clearly it's you [MENTION=36822]billyerock1991[/MENTION] who lacks intellect as you obviously do not understand what "promote" or "general" means.

I love owning Dumbocrats in a debate....

:dance:

well dick breath yes it does me to provide

promote:
a : to contribute to the growth or prosperity of : further <promote international understanding>
b : to help bring (as an enterprise) into being : launch

by passing the welfare system by passig health care it helps bring (as an enterprise) into being ...

"Yes it does me to provide"? :lmao:

I have you so flustered by facts you can't even creat coherent sentences anymore! :lol:

By the way, your definition just defeated your own argument. How does putting "help bring into being" in giant bold letters equate to PROVIDE, you stupid asshat?!? :cuckoo:

Just be a big boy and admit you reached and got your hand slapped down and your ass handed to you. Promote does not mean provide and general does not mean fuck over one group for the special interests of another group.

You really enjoy being my bitch, don't you [MENTION=36822]billyerock1991[/MENTION]? How much lipstick do you go through a day fantasizing about it? :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back