Where is it written that 2nd Amend is to keep Govt. in Check?

For the dumbfuck liberals...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

For conservative dumbfucks. One man's opinion is not law. In fact, our form of government assures it never will be.

Moreover, neither Thomas Jefferson nor George Washington played a significant role in the creation of, nor even the debate on, the US Constitution, which was largely based on John Adam's Constitution of the Commonwealth of MA. About all that can be attributed to both TJ and GW in the development of the laws governing this land, is TJ was on a do or die mission, solely, to assure separation of Church and State, and then pretty much left the heavy-lifting on everything else to others, principally, John Adams.

Also it can be credited to GW, that he chose A Hamilton to head up Treasury, despite the two being polar opposites, politically. And AH created a national currency as well as our first federal tax, which was progressive.

Last edited:
You are the one who played with dolls. I was too old when GI Joe came out and I don't think I would have liked it, if it came out when I was young. A bunch of little plastic army men was good enough for me. I didn't have to blow them up, though I did on occasion. A rubber band was good enough for me.
You said
Where the hell have you been? I had those toys for my children and the oldest one will 40 this year. Star Wars was a long time ago.
I am sure that if you were to old for GI Joe you most assuredly was too old for for any star wars toys.

We are so impressed by your wit and the way you change what others say. Why would somebody believe what you say anymore, since you make a habit out of doing the same thing over and over?
When in the hell did I change anything you posted? You are branding yourself to be a liar.

And? I had some of the 1960's and some of the 70's GI Joes but by the time I hit 12 they were to blown up to be of any value.

I liked my army men when I was young, but I never liked GI Joe and I was too old for it by then. It reminded me of a boy's Barbie doll.

I'm sure you had the entire Barbie doll collection. Not surprising really. But thanks for the admission.

True anyone who would imply GI Joe was something like barbie would be admitting they have the barbie collection.

Why do you think you can buy a machine gun?

Bit of a pot calling the kettle isn't it you anti-liberty dumbass.

I know you can buy one, you dumbass! You just have to pay a tax and transfer the registration at the appropriate place. Of course there is a background check. Some states prohibit owning one now.

I was making a point. You were saying it like a person could walk in to Walmart and get a machine gun. In fact you have to get all those things and a letter from the chief LEO in your local area and then you need to pay atleast $8,000 for the cheapest one you can get. So stop with the red herrings.

Dude please give me the address to someone that has an automatic firearm for 8,000.00 the cheapest I've seen has been 24,000

You said

I am sure that if you were to old for GI Joe you most assuredly was too old for for any star wars toys.

We are so impressed by your wit and the way you change what others say. Why would somebody believe what you say anymore, since you make a habit out of doing the same thing over and over?
When in the hell did I change anything you posted? You are branding yourself to be a liar.

You change the meaning, asshole.

I liked my army men when I was young, but I never liked GI Joe and I was too old for it by then. It reminded me of a boy's Barbie doll.

I'm sure you had the entire Barbie doll collection. Not surprising really. But thanks for the admission.

True anyone who would imply GI Joe was something like barbie would be admitting they have the barbie collection.

Buddy, you were the one undressing and dressing up dolls, not me. I was over 12 years old when GI Joe arrived. I had chemistry sets and every piece of scientific equipment I could get my hands on by then.

You and all the other Progressives just can't seem to comprehend this.

No one wants to wage war against the government.

We want the ability to defend ourselves should the government try to wage war on us.

History is VERY consistent...

If you consider enforcing laws that you disagree with as the U.S. "waging war" on you ... go ahead. Knock yourself out. If you win you'll be considered a patriot and a founding father of your new nation. If you lose, you will be swept away like Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, Osama Bin Laden, and all the other terrorists who convinced themselves that they too were fighting tyranny.

Why do you insist on putting words into others' mouths?

There are a LOT of laws I don't agree with, yet you don't hear me railing away at the 'injustice' of their enforcement. My recourse is to try and overturn those laws WITHIN the system set up by our Constitution.

To try and paint every American that disagrees with unConstitutional actions as a psychopathic terrorist is patently absurd, and frankly a cheap shot that should be BENEATH you.

Believe it or not...

Buddy, you were the one undressing and dressing up dolls, not me. I was over 12 years old when GI Joe arrived. I had chemistry sets and every piece of scientific equipment I could get my hands on by then.

Dude don't call me buddy and I never once said I undress any GI Joe toys.

You change the meaning, asshole.

Quoting what you said is changing the meaning? That's a new one for this board.

Even if that was the Founding Fathers' original intension, didn't the Civil War put that argument to rest?

Last edited:

Even if that was the Founding Fathers' original intension, didn't the Civil War put that argument to rest?

Has the second amendment been repealed?

OP?- Absolutely NOWHERE/

"Here are some of the most egregious of the bogus or misrepresentative quotes, by supposed author, in rough chronological order.

-----
THOMAS JEFFERSON:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Occasionally this phony quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson is given with the following citation: Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950). The publication exists, but the quote does not. And the editor's correct name is Julian P. Boyd, not C.J. Boyd. In other cases, this quote is added to the end of a proven Jefferson quote "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms..." Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776, Jefferson Papers 344.

HOWEVER, HE DIDN'T SAY IT! IT'S BOGUS! IT'S MADE UP!

(For what Jefferson REALLY said about the reason for and meaning of the 2nd Amen, see reference to the Priestley letter at Purpose of the 2nd Amendment.)

But even the partially true cite is not the whole story:

This is NOT the same as what he ACTUALLY said, in context:

"No Freeman shall be debarred the use of arms in his own lands or tenements."

AND it is NOT complete. It is therefore a MISQUOTE, rather than being a quote. Misquoting and partial quoting out of context is typical of hoplophile pseudoscholarship, and one merely has to GO to the URL site where these bastardized quotes are compiled to see a whole string of similar pettifoggery, a whole series of INACCURATE, INCOMPLETE, and OUT-OF-CONTEXT misquotes that misrepresent what each author was actually saying.

Sloppy research leads to sloppy presentation, and hoplophiles have been doing this consistently.

Back to the cite: Incomplete, inaccurate, out of context, never enacted.

Therefore, irrelevant and misleading.

This 1776 "mis"quote is NOT a reference to the 2nd Amen, written 13 years later! Therefore, it obviously has nothing to do with what TJ had to say about the 2nd Amen and what it meant, or what Madison meant by "bear arms."

This PROPOSAL -- "No Freeman shall be debarred the use of arms in his own lands or tenements" -- by Jefferson for the 1776 Virginia Constitution WAS REJECTED; it did not make it into the VA Const, nor was it used later in the US Const. BTW, most leave out the part that restricted use of arms to one's OWN lands; even then the proposal was still left out. Also, "the use of arms" is not the same as "bear arms" which is a military expression that means to serve as a soldier in the militia or army.

What WAS passed was the VA Declaration of Rights, which became part of the 1776 VA Const; Article 13 of the Virginia Declaration of Rights provides:

"That a well-regulated Militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural and safe defence of a free State; that Standing Armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."

There is no mention of an individual right to "keep and bear arms," as Adams and Madison meant it, or, indeed any "individual" right at all, certainly not one independent of a well-regulated Militia. The focus of the article is on the role of the militia versus a standing army."

Quotes, Misquotes, Out-of-Context Cites, Hoaxes

OP?- Absolutely NOWHERE/

"Here are some of the most egregious of the bogus or misrepresentative quotes, by supposed author, in rough chronological order.

-----
THOMAS JEFFERSON:

Occasionally this phony quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson is given with the following citation: Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950). The publication exists, but the quote does not. And the editor's correct name is Julian P. Boyd, not C.J. Boyd. In other cases, this quote is added to the end of a proven Jefferson quote "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms..." Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776, Jefferson Papers 344.

HOWEVER, HE DIDN'T SAY IT! IT'S BOGUS! IT'S MADE UP!

(For what Jefferson REALLY said about the reason for and meaning of the 2nd Amen, see reference to the Priestley letter at Purpose of the 2nd Amendment.)

But even the partially true cite is not the whole story:

This is NOT the same as what he ACTUALLY said, in context:

"No Freeman shall be debarred the use of arms in his own lands or tenements."

AND it is NOT complete. It is therefore a MISQUOTE, rather than being a quote. Misquoting and partial quoting out of context is typical of hoplophile pseudoscholarship, and one merely has to GO to the URL site where these bastardized quotes are compiled to see a whole string of similar pettifoggery, a whole series of INACCURATE, INCOMPLETE, and OUT-OF-CONTEXT misquotes that misrepresent what each author was actually saying.

Sloppy research leads to sloppy presentation, and hoplophiles have been doing this consistently.

Back to the cite: Incomplete, inaccurate, out of context, never enacted.

Therefore, irrelevant and misleading.

This 1776 "mis"quote is NOT a reference to the 2nd Amen, written 13 years later! Therefore, it obviously has nothing to do with what TJ had to say about the 2nd Amen and what it meant, or what Madison meant by "bear arms."

This PROPOSAL -- "No Freeman shall be debarred the use of arms in his own lands or tenements" -- by Jefferson for the 1776 Virginia Constitution WAS REJECTED; it did not make it into the VA Const, nor was it used later in the US Const. BTW, most leave out the part that restricted use of arms to one's OWN lands; even then the proposal was still left out. Also, "the use of arms" is not the same as "bear arms" which is a military expression that means to serve as a soldier in the militia or army.

What WAS passed was the VA Declaration of Rights, which became part of the 1776 VA Const; Article 13 of the Virginia Declaration of Rights provides:

"That a well-regulated Militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural and safe defence of a free State; that Standing Armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power."

There is no mention of an individual right to "keep and bear arms," as Adams and Madison meant it, or, indeed any "individual" right at all, certainly not one independent of a well-regulated Militia. The focus of the article is on the role of the militia versus a standing army."

Quotes, Misquotes, Out-of-Context Cites, Hoaxes

About the author of your bull shit

http://krulick.com/
Click on the Democracy101 link
http://krulick.com/

Has the second amendment been repealed?

No. Ergo the queries about it.

Your comment is irrelevant to the question I responded too

I know you always prefer the big lie, big money, Pub propaganda, dupe. lol

Real media doesn't even have time for it...

See Australia banned all guns etc etc

Wingnuts keep saying the Second Amendment is to keep the government in check.

Where is this written in the Constitution?

Where is it written that isn't how it is to be understood? What part of "maintaing a free state" doesn't sound like keeping government from usurping freedom to you?

Wingnuts keep saying the Second Amendment is to keep the government in check.

Where is this written in the Constitution?

Where is it written that isn't how it is to be understood? What part of "maintaing a free state" doesn't sound like keeping government from usurping freedom to you?

Supreme Court decisions, history, myraid laws contradicting that postulate, etc.

Go look; it's out there.

I know you always prefer the big lie, big money, Pub propaganda, dupe. lol

Real media doesn't even have time for it...

See Australia banned all guns etc etc

Australia banned assault weapons. you should be happy about that.

Forum List

Back