Where is the President?

What would you like him to do?
Well, maybe lead. Demonstrate that he's listening and understands.

For all Americans.

And that's why he's not doing it. He can't.

How would you like him to lead? Specifically. He has talked at great length supporting peaceful protest. He has talked about the injustice done George Floyd, and he has talked about restoring law and order.

What else would you like him to say or do?
Maybe he could listen to minorities, and ask them what the underlying issue is.

This goes far deeper than a protest or a bad cop. I don't know how anyone can not understand that.

Both law enforcement and the black community have a shared responsibility in the problematic relationship.

Whenever these issues arise the standard talking points always come up. We have all heard them a thousand times. Trump can listen all he wants, it will change nothing.

When both law enforcement and blacks are willing to take responsibility for their part of a poor relationship we will never get anywhere.

For all Americans.

How would you like him to lead? Specifically. He has talked at great length supporting peaceful protest. He has talked about the injustice done George Floyd, and he has talked about restoring law and order.

This goes far deeper than a protest or a bad cop. I don't know how anyone can not understand that.

Both law enforcement and the black community have a shared responsibility in the problematic relationship.

Whenever these issues arise the standard talking points always come up. We have all heard them a thousand times. Trump can listen all he wants, it will change nothing.

When both law enforcement and blacks are willing to take responsibility for their part of a poor relationship we will never get anywhere.
Again. It goes far deeper than that. This is the tip of the iceberg.

Never mind.

For all Americans.

Never mind.

It is not the tip of the iceberg, The racial upheaval in America was there long before Trump and will be there long after Trump. Both blacks and whites are responsible for the problems.

If the answer is to solely bash whites, America, or law enforcement (what we have done for decades) nothing will ever change.

Mac....both sides are contributing to the problem. Both sides are not equally taking responsibility.

You've probably seen the poll that said 80% say that things are "out of control".

Where is the President?

Outside of threatening to use the military on protesters and holding someone's Bible upside down in front of a church with a stern look on his face, what is he doing to heal this country?

Where is his leadership, for all Americans?

Anyone?
You haven't a clue. That Bible belonged to the President's mother. Idiot.

Prove it. Just do some research I did and it doesn't.
He was using a bible as a prop, insulting religion.
Who owns that bible is irrelevant.
The President was defending our First Amendment rights.

he shit on the peaceful protesters' FIRST AMENDMENT right to freely assemble & petition the gov'ment with their grievances.

for a fucking photo op.
Nancy Pelosi and her pals got some African scarves and then kneeled for a photo op to pander to dumb ex slaves for their votes.

You've probably seen the poll that said 80% say that things are "out of control".

Where is the President?

Outside of threatening to use the military on protesters and holding someone's Bible upside down in front of a church with a stern look on his face, what is he doing to heal this country?

Anyone?

He was demonstrating his solidarity with Christians. That is not an insult. Your hysteria is not called for.
What Bible Verse was he preaching?

He was not preaching any bible verses, that I am aware of.

He was, as I pointed out, demonstrating his solidarity with Christians. That is not an insult. If anything it is a sign of respect.

Your inability to address what I said honestly, that was you admitting that you know I am right.

real christians - like the preacher - knew he is a fraud & that whole act was pure bullshit.

Oh, you're a real Christian?

Where is the President?

Anyone?

he shit on the peaceful protesters' FIRST AMENDMENT right to freely assemble & petition the gov'ment with their grievances.

for a fucking photo op.
Nancy Pelosi and her pals got some African scarves and then kneeled for a photo op to pander to dumb ex slaves for their votes.
I heard about that it pissed a few people off

For all Americans.

Never mind.

It is not the tip of the iceberg, The racial upheaval in America was there long before Trump and will be there long after Trump. Both blacks and whites are responsible for the problems.

If the answer is to solely bash whites, America, or law enforcement (what we have done for decades) nothing will ever change.

Mac....both sides are contributing to the problem. Both sides are not equally taking responsibility.
I couldn't care less if it's equal. There is no way to qualify or quantify that. It's irrelevant.

Nothing improves unless and until both ends hold their own accountable.

For all Americans.

Never mind.

I couldn't care less if it's equal. There is no way to qualify or quantify that. It's irrelevant.

I agree. There is little accountability. But it is more than that. It is each side admitting to the other where they have gone wrong. That is a big part of accountability as well.

Law enforcement needs to change in many ways. Black America also needs to be honest about criminality in their community and beyond, and how their attitudes and behaviors affect the relationship.

Both sides have issues and behaviors that need to change. That would be the start of an honest discussion that could truly change things for the better. Instead we'll solely blame racist cops, white priviledge, Donald Trump and a racist America like we always do.

For all Americans.

Never mind.

I agree. There is little accountability. But it is more than that. It is each side admitting to the other where they have gone wrong. That is a big part of accountability as well.

Law enforcement needs to change in many ways. Black America also needs to be honest about criminality in their community and beyond, and how their attitudes and behaviors affect the relationship.

Both sides have issues and behaviors that need to change. That would be the start of an honest discussion that could truly change things for the better. Instead we'll solely blame racist cops, white priviledge, Donald Trump and a racist America like we always do.
As far as I'm concerned, whichever side gets their house clean first has license to point the finger.

For all Americans.

Never mind.

As far as I'm concerned, whichever side gets their house clean first has license to point the finger.

Dude, this is not about pointing fingers and taking sides. Are you not understanding anything I am saying. I WANT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LAW AND ENFORCEMENT AND BLACKS TO IMPROVE. BOTH ARE TO BLAME. START BY BEING HONEST WITH EACH OTHER AND ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

Where is the President?

Anyone?

for a fucking photo op.
Peaceful protestor's ??? Where ? They are all connected, it's just that some were willing to do the dirty work for the rest who believed the same message that was being emulated or shouted in unity.

Where is the President?

Anyone?

for a fucking photo op.
Peaceful protestor's ??? Where ? They are all connected, it's just that some were willing to do the dirty work for the rest who believed the same message that was being emulated or shouted in unity.
Peaceful until provoked.

Where is the President?

Anyone?

for a fucking photo op.
Peaceful until provoked.
Provoked to what, maybe to try and burn down a national monument like that Church ??? Anyone near that crime scene should have been seen as suspect, then dispersed, and maybe investigated afterwards. Yes the country should have been angered at the rioters attempting to burn down that historical church in the name of what was supposed to be a peaceful protest. Hey they were warned, and didn't respond to those warnings, but of course they wouldn't respond, because they had become anarchist who were in defiant mode.

Well Trump wanted to walk over to that Church in defiance of the attempts to burn it down, and to show his solidarity with our religious traditions in this nation, and by God he did just that.

For all Americans.

And how do you know he hasn't?

Where is the President?

Anyone?
Whatever he says you will vilify him and his base will laud him. Don’t be such a snowflake

He is busy prepping for one of the most trying times in his presidency...he is busy thinking of a new campign slogan,,shhh, don't disturb him.. Trump takes zero responsibility for what happens in the USA...
You believe that the President is a dictator. Then you believe he is not a dictator. A Prog may be a dictator. Obam did very little to stop BLM and Antifa. Because it suited his agendas. If Trump forced a stoppage of the riots then he would be called every name in the book. A fool would vote Prog Socialist in November. And we have many fools. It will be fun to see the chaos if you win though. You see, you can not make it better. You would have to force people like you did with the virus in more and more issues and agendas. How about forcing the public schools to educate the children. Change the curriculum to real courses also. Throw out the trouble makers and have people employed in the schools who will match the violence. You will see massive improvements with several per cent of the students out of the schools. You can't help everyone. That is the first lesson. Is that responsibility? I bet Trump can think of that, but not be successful implementing it as the teachers union and the residents will be in upheavel status. So nothing will change.
Golden!

Forum List

Back