Where Will Republicans Go?

Feb 20, 2013
Heart of Republica
When I was younger and didn't know shit and needed a banner to wave, I waved the GOP flag. 30 some years later - already having left both corporate parties - they are barely beating on life support.

So if and when the GOP dies completely, and there's no signs that it won't, where will they go? New party of vibrant and well educated patriots instead of front-men for global wealth? New party with the same old irrelevant platform, just renamed? One of the existing third parties?

Here's hoping that in 10 years we can say the same thing about the Democrats for they seem to be on the same path of self-destruction.

hogwash.

The ideals of democracy will outlive the rights attempts to kill it

When I was younger and didn't know shit and needed a banner to wave, I waved the GOP flag

I left in 1990, so you were a few years ahead of me.

New party of vibrant and well educated patriots instead of front-men for global wealth? New party with the same old irrelevant platform, just renamed? One of the existing third parties?

Sounds like every other liberal Democratic blather. Sure, there's truth in this. But there are a lot of Republicans who are calling for fiscal responsibility and free markets. If this is your view and you have no qualifications to it, it makes your first claim hard to believe.

When I was younger and didn't know shit and needed a banner to wave, I waved the GOP flag. 30 some years later - already having left both corporate parties - they are barely beating on life support.

So if and when the GOP dies completely, and there's no signs that it won't, where will they go? New party of vibrant and well educated patriots instead of front-men for global wealth? New party with the same old irrelevant platform, just renamed? One of the existing third parties?

Here's hoping that in 10 years we can say the same thing about the Democrats for they seem to be on the same path of self-destruction.

Oh another fake republican......man why cant you guys just be honest about who you are? Take a clue from the homo movement, just be yourself and be proud to be a commie.

hogwash.

Democracy is simply oppression of the majority. Actually in our case it's oppression of the plurality.

The reality is that we were created as a Republic. Power divided is power checked. It is actually the left who have successfully killed it and turned us into what there is no basis for, which is a democracy. Precisely so you can oppress the minority. That the minority are the achievers will be our downfall.

Oh another fake republican......man why cant you guys just be honest about who you are? Take a clue from the homo movement, just be yourself and be proud to be a commie.

Get fucked, thread highjacker and hater...........

hogwash.

You know what George Washington said about political parties, don't you? If not, look it up. Who said anything about democracy? I'm talking about the two bought and sold corporate political parties who are a total farce. Choice? We have no choice in who we vote for in the "money arms race" that is our so-called "elections."

It would help if you could come up with an example of what Republican principle you agree with that contradicts liberalism.

I'll go first. I oppose the wars and our presence in the middle east, I'm against the war on drugs, I am pro-choice, I think prostitution and gambling should be legal. Most of all I'm not like Republicans because I'm a fiscal conservative.

When I was younger and didn't know shit and needed a banner to wave, I waved the GOP flag

I left in 1990, so you were a few years ahead of me.

New party of vibrant and well educated patriots instead of front-men for global wealth? New party with the same old irrelevant platform, just renamed? One of the existing third parties?

Sounds like every other liberal Democratic blather. Sure, there's truth in this. But there are a lot of Republicans who are calling for fiscal responsibility and free markets. If this is your view and you have no qualifications to it, it makes your first claim hard to believe.

Yea, rolling along at 27% of voters is a real juggernaut! They're obsolete, impotent and empty, both of them.

What percent of registered voters are republican

It would help if you could come up with an example of what Republican principle you agree with that contradicts liberalism.

I'll go first. I oppose the wars and our presence in the middle east, I'm against the war on drugs, I am pro-choice, I think prostitution and gambling should be legal. Most of all I'm not like Republicans because I'm a fiscal conservative.

And that's a major point of mine - these two parties pay these things lip service, but you know how fast they'd be voted out if they actually put their money where their mouths are?

Republicans should stop looking for a place to go and accept that we are a welfare state and will remain so for many years. Once they have accepted that, change tactics. Instead of trying to stop the welfare state from growing, obstruct it. Obfuscate it. Engage in small acts of rebellion every day. Become a termite eating the foundation of the structure. Democrats have a bare majority on a national level. On the state level they don't do so well. 30 states are republican controlled. Romney won 48% of the vote representing 57,918,703 votes to Obama's 60,810,997. The democrats can't possibly continue to control the nation with that many people who refuse to be controlled. Their majority is only 3% or less.

Neither party will die...not unless some other sham party is created to take its place.

The moment it looks like one party is dying, believe me, the MASTERS will find ways to make it viable.

I have a few years on you, mate and believe me, the same thing you now think about the GOP was once thought about the DNC.

Republicans should stop looking for a place to go and accept that we are a welfare state and will remain so for many years. Once they have accepted that, change tactics. Instead of trying to stop the welfare state from growing, obstruct it. Obfuscate it. Engage in small acts of rebellion every day. Become a termite eating the foundation of the structure. Democrats have a bare majority on a national level. On the state level they don't do so well. 30 states are republican controlled. Romney won 48% of the vote representing 57,918,703 votes to Obama's 60,810,997. The democrats can't possibly continue to control the nation with that many people who refuse to be controlled. Their majority is only 3% or less.

Sorry, all BS. Who started foot stamps? Nixon. They're all complicit. You vote for one party, you really vote for both.

Neither party will die...not unless some other sham party is created to take its place.

The moment it looks like one party is dying, believe me, the MASTERS will find ways to make it viable.

I have a few years on you, mate and believe me, the same thing you now think about the GOP was once thought about the DNC.

That's the real wild card isn't it, money! If it were not for their corporate backers, they'd both be dead by now.

My wife does that, thanks though.....and it's not hijacking to bring some intelligence to a thread.....and to smoke out fakers.....

Sorry, all BS. Who started foot stamps? Nixon. They're all complicit. You vote for one party, you really vote for both.

Wait I thought you were a republican 30 years ago....so you must have liked food stamps, because if Nixon did it, that was over 30 years ago. And I'm curious what was the first republican you didnt vote for and why?

My wife does that, thanks though.....and it's not hijacking to bring some intelligence to a thread.....and to smoke out fakers.....

Intelligence? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Wait I thought you were a republican 30 years ago....so you must have liked food stamps, because if Nixon did it, that was over 30 years ago. And I'm curious what was the first republican you didnt vote for and why?

Haters are not part of this conversation. Find a hater-friendly thread, there's plenty.

Then every individual, engaging in some small act of rebellion every day, multiplied by millions should bring the whole thing down in a relatively short period of time.

Forum List

Back