Where's The Mass Exodus of Scout Troops?

They don't have to change. They are perfectly free to continue to discriminate. They chose to stop their policy of discrimination...probably for the same reason churches are becoming more gay friendly. It ain't cool to be a gay hater anymore. Too bad, so sad.

again you dumb queef it isn't hate. Your life choice is a sin. Many believe this. That doesn't mean they hate you. If they ever talked to you they might though seeing as you have the personality of broken glass but it wouldn't be because of your sin.

Incorrect.

When you and many others on the right seek to deny same-sex couples their 14th Amendment right to access marriage law, that is an act of hate. Because there is no rational, objective basis to justify denying same-sex couples their civil liberties, such an effort by most conservatives is consequently predicated solely on hate toward homosexuals.

Strawman.

No one is denying same-sex the ability to get married. Recognition of that "marriage" is a different story.

They don't have to change. They are perfectly free to continue to discriminate. They chose to stop their policy of discrimination...probably for the same reason churches are becoming more gay friendly. It ain't cool to be a gay hater anymore. Too bad, so sad.

again you dumb queef it isn't hate. Your life choice is a sin. Many believe this. That doesn't mean they hate you. If they ever talked to you they might though seeing as you have the personality of broken glass but it wouldn't be because of your sin.

Incorrect.

When you and many others on the right seek to deny same-sex couples their 14th Amendment right to access marriage law, that is an act of hate. Because there is no rational, objective basis to justify denying same-sex couples their civil liberties, such an effort by most conservatives is consequently predicated solely on hate toward homosexuals.

It seems it goes even deeper than just hate. It appears to be self hate.

Cause of homophobia

The results of this study indicate that individuals who score in the homophobic range and admit negative affect toward homosexuality demonstrate significant sexual arousal to male homosexual erotic stimuli.

Incorrect.

Strawman.

No one is denying same-sex the ability to get married. Recognition of that "marriage" is a different story.

Of course they are being denied, currently in 32 states, otherwise this would not be an issue. And before you start the conservative talking point meme about how a gay man can marry any woman he wants, just like a straight man (because I know that's where you are going with this) don't waste my or anyone else's time with that intellectual dishonesty.

Cause of homophobia

The results of this study indicate that individuals who score in the homophobic range and admit negative affect toward homosexuality demonstrate significant sexual arousal to male homosexual erotic stimuli.

I'm sure with some people self-loathing of their own attractions are a reason, but by and large, that insinuation is bullshit used by leftists in an attempt to stifle dialogue. Most people oppose homosexuality primarily due to their own religious beliefs that it is sinful and thus a perversion and as such has been looked at as a culture taboo for thousands of years. It's very hard to change mainstream thought. When you've been raised your whole life to believe a certain way you aren't going to change those beliefs over night.

Incorrect.

Strawman.

Of course they are being denied, currently in 32 states, otherwise this would not be an issue. And before you start the conservative talking point meme about how a gay man can marry any woman he wants, just like a straight man (because I know that's where you are going with this) don't waste my or anyone else's time with that intellectual dishonesty.

And how was this being denied a constitutional right.?

tapatalk post

Cause of homophobia

I'm sure with some people self-loathing of their own attractions are a reason, but by and large, that insinuation is bullshit used by leftists in an attempt to stifle dialogue. Most people oppose homosexuality primarily due to their own religious beliefs that it is sinful and thus a perversion and as such has been looked at as a culture taboo for thousands of years. It's very hard to change mainstream thought. When you've been raised your whole life to believe a certain way you aren't going to change those beliefs over night.

What exactly makes it BS? Its a study which people on the right use all the time to make their points. Whats BS is that the opposition is due to their religion. I know plenty of Christians who say "its not for me but I am not the judge of what another person does. Only God can do that". Religion is a weak ass excuse for it. its plain and simple fear and self loathing just like everything else people rabidly hate.

Last edited:

Incorrect.

Strawman.

Nonsense.

It’s a clear example of how hatred for gay Americans manifests among most on the right. Seeking to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights has no rational basis, it has no objective evidence in support, and it pursues no legitimate legislative end. Consequently the only motive for conservatives to deny same-sex couples their civil liberties is hate.

As the Supreme Court observed in Romer, invalidating Colorado’s Amendment 2 denying gay Americans the right to access anti-discrimination laws, “its sheer breadth is so discontinuous with the reasons offered for it that the amendment seems inexplicable by anything but animus toward the class that it affects; it lacks a rational relationship to legitimate state interests.”

Cause of homophobia

What exactly makes it BS? Its a study which people on the right use all the time to make their points. Whats BS is that the opposition is due to their religion. I know plenty of Christians who say "its not for me but I am not the judge of what another person does. Only God can do that". Religion is a weak ass excuse for it. its plain and simple fear and self loathing just like everything else people rabidly hate.

It is only weak to the unfaithful

tapatalk post

Cause of homophobia

Lol, you pervs are so funny at rationalizing why people are in opposition.

The fact is the Bible says it is a sin, and so for most of us that means; case closed.

Scouts announced they would allow gay scouts last summer

Didn't see much impact

Wait til the first rape case against BSA comes along. You gotta know that the gay pervs will attempt to indoctrinate on one of their camping trips resulting in a young innocent hetero being abused by the gays in the group.

It's going to cost BSA millions.

Wait til the first rape case against BSA comes along. You gotta know that the gay pervs will attempt to indoctrinate on one of their camping trips resulting in a young innocent hetero being abused by the gays in the group.

It's going to cost BSA millions.

You guys been trying that gay rape thing for decades.......doesn't fly
Same with your indoctrination fear mongering

There is no rampant "gay rape" in the scouts now

Last edited:

tapatalk post

Read your bible. It doesnt tell you to deny rights to anyone. If I am wrong please post the passage.

Lol, you pervs are so funny at rationalizing why people are in opposition.

The fact is the Bible says it is a sin, and so for most of us that means; case closed.

A study is not rationalizing. Its called discovery. If you want to be technical religion is rationalizing and it should be clear that it is outdated as the history of the world begins before your bible says it began. So its far from case close.

Today was the beginning of a welcomed new era for the Boy Scouts, as openly gay scouts are now allowed to participate. Despite screams of boycotts and a mass exodus from anti-gay groups, very few have left and those that have have been replaced by even more supportive groups.

A new policy allowing openly gay youth to participate in Boy Scouts of America — but continuing to prohibit LGBT adults from serving as leaders — went into effect Wednesday. But despite dire warnings from anti-LGBT activists that even this half-measure would be “catastrophic” for the organization, very few religious organizations have abandoned the organization over the policy.
The organization voted to lift its ban on gay youth last May, with 61 percent in support. At the same time, it reaffirmed its policy requiring discrimination against any openly LGBT person over the age of 18.
A few religious groups objected to even this partial change. The Assemblies of God, an anti-gay Pentecostal denomination, and the Southern Baptist Convention both promised a “mass exodus” from the organization and a small group of anti-LGBT activists have launched a Christian-only BSA alternative.
But the mass exodus has simply not materialized. A BSA spokesman noted that the vast majority of religious groups have stayed with the organization despite the policy shift. The BSA estimates that less than 2 percent of its 116,000 Scout units were abandoned by their sponsors.
And even in some very conservative places, those abandoned troops have found new backers. Joey Kiker, spokesman for the Greater Alabama Council in Birmingham, told a local newpsaper that while a few churches that sponsored Scout units have left, “every single unit that lost a charter partner, within an hour, had a new charter partner.” And Brad Haddock, a national board member from Wichita, Kansas likened the warnings to the Y2K scare. “There hasn’t been a whole lot of fallout,” he told the Associated Press, observing that “If a church said they wouldn’t work with us, we’d have a church right down the street say, ‘We’ll take the troop.’”

I'm standing on the sidelines on this issue.

But that is part of the problem.

Over the last five or more decades, good Americans ignored their own principles and traditions and beliefs in order to allow the whining, vocal majorities and minorities to achieve what they believed was progress.

But it was not progress at all.

And now that we see what has become of America by standing aside and letting the Libs have their way all the time, we see that the Libs and radicals and, whatever the hell Obama is, have now gained access to the bridge on the ship of state and we KNOW they can't drive well.

Yet, we stand aside and do nothing yet again.

So as not to stand in the way of progress and to maintain domestic tranquility.

Anyway, a great exodus wasn't to be expected by anyone knowledgeable on the subject.

Here's a thought.

Why don't you go somewhere and become so?

By the way, have any of you Libs ever stopped to realize that when we did dominate the society and culture and economy in post WWII America, we did not destroy Liberalism when we might have.

But now that you have gained power the first thing you guys would do is destroy Conservatism and the GOP and Christianity/Judaism.

You teach us that the next time we get the chance to call the shots, knowing you are at war with US and the America which gave you so much, we shouldn't be as generous and magnanimous or conciliatory with you guys.

Last edited:

tapatalk post

Read your bible. It doesnt tell you to deny rights to anyone. If I am wrong please post the passage.

What fucking rights are homosexuals being denied?

tapatalk post

The chances of the public learning the truth is slim to none. Even if a troop leaves a church and goes to another, how many boys transitioned? Did the troop go from 50 to 15.

Boy scout troops don't just meet in a church, the boys who attend that church belong to the troop. It is unlikely that entire families will change churches to accommodate a gay boy scout troop. The BSA will eventually become all gay.

favre%20queen.jpg

Do you always advertise your entrance like that?

:D

Last edited:
Good grief, what is it, 2% of the people in this country is homosexual?

Exactly, so why are so many conservatives freaking out about this? How many gays boys are actually going to be in the Boy Scouts? The vast majority of troops at any given time won't have any.

People need to lighten up and worry about things that are actually important.
2% and have a hell of a lot of power...just like Jews do. Oh and fortunately I found out that there is a group both my kids can join when we move to Tn. So no more GS or BS for my kids. My daughter is in GS and I am about tired of the bullshit anyways. Was supposed to have meeting the 31st of December wasted my time going to where it was to be held. No on ethere and no one showed up either.I just love wasting my money signing her up and paying for the vest and patches just to be stiffed on the meetings...this was the one they were supposed to learn about selling the cookies as well.

How terribly saddening that you have offspring.

Since the BSA isn't specificly a religious group, excluding participation by homosexuals, or employment by homosexuals is discrimination and therefore illegal.

Private entities, clubs, etc have the right to choose who they will and will not allow for what ever reason.

The BSA is not completely private. It received federal funding on three major occasions:
1916-1917, 1962 and 1993.

And the US military has often given or loaned things to the BSA, things that were paid for with taxpayer money.

Forum List

Back