🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which came first?

Neither came first. The root cause is the Great Society programs which destroyed nuclear family formation among poor blacks. Generations of feral kids with no decent role models are the result of this racist social engineering experiment.

But it provides an easy to control and manipulate voting block for the Progs, so destroying all those lives is definitely worth it (to them).

What came first was a city's decision to raise a significant portion of their revenue from traffic tickets. After all this time and all that has been written it seems to me this policy of institutional highway robbery is to blame for the terrible relationship Ferguson cops had with the public even before the Brown shooting.
Yes, the DOJ report indicates this was about revenue generation, not public safety. It also indicates blacks were more likely to be searched, arrested, and convicted than whites in an identical encounter with the police and courts.

Which came first? Slavery maybe but there is no evidence that Ferguson Police (some of which are Black) show a "negative attitude" toward poor Black people.

What came first was a city's decision to raise a significant portion of their revenue from traffic tickets. After all this time and all that has been written it seems to me this policy of institutional highway robbery is to blame for the terrible relationship Ferguson cops had with the public even before the Brown shooting.

That's a novel excuse, dumb but none the less novel

So you think that Eric Holder is dumb?
That is also what he said.
The Justice Department claims that the Ferguson police department is using law enforcement to extract money from African-Americans. As Eric Holder puts it, Ferguson is engaging in “revenue generation through policing.”

Since OP was inquiring about the roots of this situation it is an important factor to consider, one source had the percentage at 35%. It's supposed to be illegal in Missouri but they did it anyway.

Sorry but I suspect the negro's anger is far deeper than tickets
You are right about one thing, you are sorry.

Why? Because I dared to disagree with you or for pointing out a fact?
You pointed out no facts, only an unsupported opinion that "negro's anger" is to blame for this situation.

You mean they are not angry...and never were?
Of course they are angry and with good reason, the police and courts were using them as a cash source and were not being held accountable for their wrongdoings. There are cities all around the country that have similar racial populations and somehow manage to not have that much strife, the difference is in the Ferguson police and their ill-conceived policies and practices.

A couple allegories:

If a white guy goes by a speed trap traveling 70 in a 55, and the cop doesn't stop him, and then a black guy goes by the same speed trap traveling 60 in a 55, and the cop pulls him over and gives him a ticket, and this happens over and over and over again, that is disproportionate police persecution of blacks.

Then some schmuck comes along and says, "Statistics show that Negroes commit more traffic violations than whites!"

See how that works?

A white guy steals a loaf of bread. The cops come and they work it out with the store owner for the white guy to pay for the bread.

A black guy steals a loaf of bread. The cops come and arrest the guy and he gets probation.

The same white guy steals a loaf of bread again. The cops come and they work it out with the store owner for the white guy to pay for the bread.

The same black guy steals a loaf of bread. The cops come and arrest the guy and now the judge says, "You have been arrested for stealing bread before. I am going to throw the book at you."

Then some schmuck comes along and says, "Statistics show that Negroes end up in jail more than whites!"

See how that works?

The DOJ report indicates this is the sort of thing which has been occurring in Ferguson.

Racial discrimination investigations are done in response to the claim that this is what is going on. It is incumbent upon the government to do a self-check to discover if this is actually occurring.

If it turns out this is actually occurring, and the government releases evidence to that effect, some schmuck can be counted on to come along and say, "The Dims love crooks!"

Neither came first. The root cause is the Great Society programs which destroyed nuclear family formation among poor blacks. Generations of feral kids with no decent role models are the result of this racist social engineering experiment.

But it provides an easy to control and manipulate voting block for the Progs, so destroying all those lives is definitely worth it (to them).

You're right. I work with a group and we help the less fortunate and time and time again while talking to these kids it comes up there is no cohesive family unit, rarely is the father involved and in some circumstances it's multiple fathers not involved. All they know is the streets.

You pointed out no facts, only an unsupported opinion that "negro's anger" is to blame for this situation.

Of course they are angry and with good reason, the police and courts were using them as a cash source and were not being held accountable for their wrongdoings. There are cities all around the country that have similar racial populations and somehow manage to not have that much strife, the difference is in the Ferguson police and their ill-conceived policies and practices.

It goes a lot deeper than tickets.

You're right. I work with a group and we help the less fortunate and time and time again while talking to these kids it comes up there is no cohesive family unit, rarely is the father involved and in some circumstances it's multiple fathers not involved. All they know is the streets.

It's tragic. I live in Oakland, and see daily the wrecks of such lives. Uneducated, brainwashed, angry, violent, no respect for others....what a waste.

You said that before without explanation.

Poor people as cash sources for local governments is not an racist issue - it's a class issue. Government Bureaucrats/Public Employee Unions basically EATING the people they supposedly serve. To Serve Man - it's a Cook Book!

Perhaps you should follow the thread and stop focusing on tickets? Why are you people so tunnel visioned?

Poor people as cash sources for local governments is not an racist issue - it's a class issue. Government Bureaucrats/Public Employee Unions basically EATING the people they supposedly serve. To Serve Man - it's a Cook Book!

Something I learned long ago. The left uses blacks as a voting block, the right attempts to get them on track so they can support themselves and have a good life, unfortunately it's hard to compete with the freebies and propoganda

That's a novel excuse, dumb but none the less novel

So you think that Eric Holder is dumb?
That is also what he said.
The Justice Department claims that the Ferguson police department is using law enforcement to extract money from African-Americans. As Eric Holder puts it, Ferguson is engaging in “revenue generation through policing.”

You really don't want me to post what I think of Eric Holder...trust me on that

Perhaps you should follow the thread and stop focusing on tickets? Why are you people so tunnel visioned?
Why are you so intent on blaming the victims? As I said, there are cities across the nation that manage not to have such a horrible relationship between the police and public so it is natural to look at what is different about Ferguson, turns out hostile police polices are the difference. They did everything wrong, it's almost like they were trying to provoke widespread civil disruption.

Why are you so intent on blaming the victims? As I said, there are cities across the nation that manage not to have such a horrible relationship between the police and public so it is natural to look at what is different about Ferguson, turns out hostile police polices are the difference. They did everything wrong, it's almost like they were trying to provoke widespread civil disruption.

Just a damn minute, those people destroying property and shooting police officers are NOT victims. You need to back the choo choo up and try again

Just a damn minute, those people destroying property and shooting police officers are NOT victims. You need to back the choo choo up and try again
You're the one that needs to back up to before all this shit blew up in the city's face as I am. Don't portray the terrible aftermath as the reason the police were being dicks in the first place.

You're the one that needs to back up to before all this shit blew up in the city's face as I am. Don't portray the terrible aftermath as the reason the police were being dicks in the first place.

You need to stop blaming the police for the black's failures. Never in history has a faction of people done so little to advance themselves as the blacks in the last 150 years in the US. All the programs to give them a leg up and it still boils down to they want to claim to be the victim. It's time for them to man up, take responsibility for themselves and make something of themselves. I nor anyone else owes them a damn thing.

You need to stop blaming the police for the black's failures. Never in history has a faction of people done so little to advance themselves as the blacks in the last 150 years in the US. All the programs to give them a leg up and it still boils down to they want to claim to be the victim. It's time for them to man up, take responsibility for themselves and make something of themselves. I nor anyone else owes them a damn thing.
I see, you think police racial profiling and brutality is OK and entirely justified as a way to make those people man up.

Forum List

Back